00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheArmoredAvian just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I have been robbed!

1,229 Views | 18 Replies

I have been robbed! 2012-05-02 14:41:55

So I'm locked out of my hotmail account. I must have been reported for spamming which wasn't even by me (it was some spammers who was spoof emailing me and my contacts). Anyways, my alternative email belongs to a domain that has been expired for years. I finally contacted technical support. IT was difficult enough understanding these damn foreigners. Anyways, in order for them to send me a password to recover my account, I have to spend $100 just to have them help me through phone. That is right, ONE HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS JUST TO SEND ME A FUCKING CODE! I'm telling you, this is robbery! I got their number from this site here if this helps clarify any problem.

Anyways, is there any way I can convince these frauds without threatening lawsuit to give me the damn password? Thanks.

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-02 14:47:20

Literally the same thing happened to me, I got locked out of my hotmail account for what I assume was being hacked and having my account used for spam and my recovery email is from a domain I don't even remember. I just made a new email somewhere else and changed email settings on any website accounts I care about. I suggest you do the same, unless there's like a fucking nuke activation code or something in your inbox that you really need.

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-02 14:54:25

At 5/2/12 02:47 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: Literally the same thing happened to me, I got locked out of my hotmail account for what I assume was being hacked and having my account used for spam and my recovery email is from a domain I don't even remember. I just made a new email somewhere else and changed email settings on any website accounts I care about. I suggest you do the same, unless there's like a fucking nuke activation code or something in your inbox that you really need.

Not that easy. This is my primary account. I don't want to use another email. I want my account back since I use it to remember valuable account information on many important things.

BTW, did you contact technical support and get the same bullshit I got?

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-02 14:54:46

way to get yourself ripped-off you dummy

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-02 15:01:19

At 5/2/12 02:54 PM, hateyou1 wrote:

Not that easy. This is my primary account. I don't want to use another email. I want my account back since I use it to remember valuable account information on many important things.

BTW, did you contact technical support and get the same bullshit I got?

Nah, I don't get anything important via email because I don't work or use email to talk to people, so when it stopped working I just kinda went "Fuck it," made the new one, and changed my email address anywhere it mattered. In your case it sounds like you're in a jam, but I guess it makes sense that they want money, for all they know it's an account you use just for shits and giggles but if you pay them they'll know it's important. Still, that's a huge rip off. Seems the only thing you can really do here is make the decision over whether or not the account is worth 100 bucks.

Though if both of our accounts have been hacked it might be safe to say hotmail's not the provider you'd want for an important account, so if you end up with a new one you might wanna try another site.

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-02 15:03:44

How do you know it wasn't their plan originally? They should be able to fabricate spammers.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-02 15:21:16

Dude, $100? You're getting phished. That's not Hotmail you're calling.

At 5/2/12 02:41 PM, hateyou1 wrote:
Anyways, is there any way I can convince these frauds without threatening lawsuit to give me the damn password? Thanks.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-02 15:22:25

I thought it's pretty funny.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-02 15:22:55

At 5/2/12 03:21 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Dude, $100? You're getting phished. That's not Hotmail you're calling.

Kinda figured that. So where can I get the REAL hotmail technical support # then?

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-04 20:56:10

hey Hateyou long time no see how are your flash scores? I've been zeroing them quite often.

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-04 22:39:20

Maybe you had a really shit e-mail service...

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-05 00:26:58

At 5/4/12 10:39 PM, Halberd wrote:
Maybe you had a really shit e-mail service...

Hey dummy, looks like you're hotmail account got hacked.

Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-05 02:23:52

Darkgrave, don't you have better things to do than sit around in the bunker all day or is that what they train you girls to do in today's pussy military?

Anyways, I came to realize that these guys ARE connected with Microsoft. I looked on MS's site and I found this company. MS doesn't have a direct hotline, so these guys are one of their many vessels. Well, I won't stop calling these fuckers until I get my password back. That is what my plan will be until I can come up with a lawsuit that will take them to court for not only my account, but to win at least $40,000. In the meantime, I will be using gmail and change all my account settings on all my visited sites to the new email. I'm done using hotmail that is protected by their so called "security."

I will keep you all posted on how this goes. This battle with these "247 techies" (more like cyber thugs who scam the technologically illiterate people) will last for a long while.

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-05 03:40:53

HOLY SHIT
your back!

where the hell have yo... oh wait i remember now

BBS Signature

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-05 04:37:18

"you're hotmail account got hacked."

"your back!"

Wow. Is it bad grammar night or something?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-05 05:58:56

At 5/5/12 02:23 AM, hateyou1 wrote: Darkgrave, don't you have better things to do than sit around in the bunker all day or is that what they train you girls to do in today's pussy military?

so they're pussies because you couldn't get in and they aren't like your precious COD or halo?

I will keep you all posted on how this goes. This battle with these "247 techies" (more like cyber thugs who scam the technologically illiterate people) will last for a long while.

you must be one of them if they got you to.

just saying.

Response to I have been robbed! 2012-05-05 08:45:16

Fail/Hilarious

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature