New Topic Respond to this Topic
Retrospeck
Retrospeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
So I'm getting my braces off... May. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:45 AM Reply

I'm getting them off next Tuesday and I'm really fucking excited for it however I'm only getting the top braces off. Does anyone who had braces answer these questions:

1. Do they hurt when they take them off?
2. Do you have to wear a retainer? What happens when you don't wear them?
3. How does it feel like to not have metal shit on your teeth? People told me that your mouth feels all slimy and shit.

Thanks ng.

BQ: how can I make time go faster and get to Tuesday already? One day feels like 10 fucking years

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to So I'm getting my braces off... May. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:53 AM Reply

I don't care.

So I'm getting my braces off...

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to So I'm getting my braces off... May. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:14 AM Reply

I never had braces! I have the most beautiful teeth in the world!

ILove2Grok
ILove2Grok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to So I'm getting my braces off... May. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:27 AM Reply

At 5/2/12 09:53 AM, Shade wrote: I don't care.

Aww...

Shade is always mad, because he will never be as popular as Shadling.

Shadria
Shadria
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to So I'm getting my braces off... May. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:51 PM Reply

At 5/2/12 09:45 AM, Retrospeck wrote: 1. Do they hurt when they take them off?

No.

I have to, when I go to sleep. I believe they're meant to prevent my teeth from moving back to their original, undesired, positions. You may not need them though.

3. How does it feel like to not have metal shit on your teeth? People told me that your mouth feels all slimy and shit.

The moment I took my braces off, my teeth felt really big. It was weird but I guess I got over it in a couple of days. My mouth never felt slimy or anything.

BQ: how can I make time go faster and get to Tuesday already? One day feels like 10 fucking years

Start something really important due to tuesday, maybe?

BBS Signature
UncleABCD
UncleABCD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to So I'm getting my braces off... May. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:05 PM Reply

At 5/2/12 09:45 AM, Retrospeck wrote:

It never hurt me.

Not everyone is the same but for most cases, yes. I have to wear the retainer on and off and it has to be worn for at least 16 hours a day. The best way to achieve that is by wearing it while going to sleep and then during the day. I just wear it after I finish college. Then I take it out like an hour or two before I go to sleep, then I wear it again when I go to sleep.

If you don't wear them at all your teeth can shift back to their original place, according to my dentist this change is irreversible which is why it's so important to use the brace. I've had moments when I've forgotten to wear it at night and during the day, but nothing immediately changes if you aren't too consistent with the brace.

Not a huge feeling. Your teeth look bigger for a while though.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature
Lepy
Lepy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to So I'm getting my braces off... May. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:10 PM Reply

At 5/2/12 09:45 AM, Retrospeck wrote: I'm getting them off next Tuesday and I'm really fucking excited for it however I'm only getting the top braces off. Does anyone who had braces answer these questions:

No, but it's unconfertable when they try to take the glue off. But it won't hurt.

I had to wear one, but I only wore it for a few weeks. I hated it because it backed up all my spit and made me shound leik dish.
That was when I was 12.
And now I have to get braces again. So if you decide you don't like your retainer, make sure you're at least a decent age so if you come back to the ortho after a while and they want to put braces on you, you can say "back the fuck off".

I also highly recommend you don't be as retarded as I was and wear your retainer if they give you one. But you don't have to wear it to school. You can just wear it at night.

Feels GREAT. Believe me. But it really does feel slimey. But it's very satisfying, not gross.

Wait...