00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KenGuy5472 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

When You First Heard About Kony...

2,791 Views | 36 Replies

When I first head about KONY 2012, I thought that it was some crazy guy running for president of the United States. I also thought that invisible children was something Kony believed in. My views have not changed as I am apathetic to research the topic. I vote KONY!!! Either way we get another awesome black president!

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-01 22:46:49

Fine I'll make it serious

l already knew about KONY.

What did you think at first?

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-01 22:47:58

I saw the video thumbnail of Earth and thought it was a Zeitgeist-style ad campaign or something.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-01 22:51:11

I first found about Knoy through Newgrounds

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-01 22:52:37

I already knew about Kony and the LRA since about 2007/2008-ish ever since I was in middle school. I just don't know why everyone was making a big deal out of it all of a sudden if this has been going on for a while. Already seems kind of late, don't ya think?

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-01 22:54:50

well I heard about kony a few years ago even did a paper about him, I was thinkin "really people just now talkin about this guy?? WTF!?"

I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-01 22:55:42

At 5/1/12 10:51 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I first found about Knoy through Newgrounds

I don't like pointing out the fails of others but I fell off my chair laughing at "Knoy"

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-01 22:56:56

At 5/1/12 10:55 PM, AndreovichZhivago wrote:
At 5/1/12 10:51 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: I first found about Knoy through Newgrounds
I don't like pointing out the fails of others but I fell off my chair laughing at "Knoy"

you must live a pretty sad life if you laughed that hard...

I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-01 23:03:00

I thought it was the next stupid fad going around.

It is

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-01 23:05:11

At 5/1/12 10:54 PM, 919CDS wrote: well I heard about kony a few years ago even did a paper about him, I was thinkin "really people just now talkin about this guy?? WTF!?"

My English teacher in 8th grade was the one to tell me about Kony. The we had to write poems and stories about the kids in Uganda.

Fucking sucked.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 03:15:50

I thought it was naught but gimmicks and i was right

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 03:18:46

whe i found out about kony 2012 from a youtube link i thought that i would follow it for a while...
i knew it was going to fail... i just did not know how

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 04:24:39

Kony likes little boys, that's what i heard.

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 04:59:19

Watched the video, thought about it. Decided it was a pretty slick advertisement. Didn't buy anything, but shared the video to see if anything would come of it - at the very least it might have sent a message that people were concerned.

And then I spent the next two weeks explaining to people on the Internet point by point why all their reasons for calling Kony supporters idiots and sheep were baseless and without evidence. It centered mostly around the arguments that could be debunked by actually paying attention to what was in the video.

In the end, I saw a few Kony signs here and there, but nothing of significance. Politics went on as usual without so much as an indication of a response; Russell had his psychotic breakdown, Africans were insulted by the video's subtext, and ultimately it didn't seem anything had changed as a result.

We gave it a shot - most of us half-heartedly. No surprise, then, that it had no lasting effect. So let it be better understood from this event (or lack thereof) that even the best tools of communication have their limits.

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 05:00:23

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 05:30:48

First time I saw the video I thought it seemed like a legit cause because it had very specific action to take and it's something awareness can actually improve. But than there were some controversies and instead of responding to them the guy beat off in the middle of San Diego. Naturally I was embarrassed but oh well it's better than it being totally legit and me being a douche about it.

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 07:38:18

At 5/1/12 10:55 PM, AndreovichZhivago wrote:

I try to help when I can

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 07:45:22

I am a hipster computer user, I can admit it.

Whenever I hear about something huge over the internet, I take an instant dislike to the thing - without even knowing what its about. I can't control that.

This includes my lack of caring about the Kony business. I saw the internet going batshit over something and any intrigue I may have had just died. I still do not really care about the situation at all.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 07:55:38

You're not funny or ogirinal. I've seen this joke delivered better, in the past.

/thread

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 11:13:48

The first thing I heard about Kony was when I was browsing deviantART and someone made some blog thing about "Don't believe Kony" And I just thought what is Kony, why should I note believe it, why should I believe you about not believing it and most importantly why is it something people are randomly going on about now.

I still haven't given a shit about it so far.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 14:03:07

I think the first time I heard about Kony was this when I saw the video from YouTube. It just seemed like a familiar story to me, because I have heard about so many corrupt African leaders (well maybe he isn't a leader in the strictest sense) that it doesn't surprise me. Idi Amin, Robert Mugabe, etc. It seemed like I could do something about this by watching the video, which is what most people have done. I know there hasn't been that much actual progress in the case, but it's something.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 20:09:59

At 5/2/12 07:45 AM, Gagsy wrote: I am a hipster computer user, I can admit it.

Whenever I hear about something huge over the internet, I take an instant dislike to the thing - without even knowing what its about. I can't control that.

Please don't lie, you have a MLP signature.

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 20:22:34

my facebook was spammed with it and some retards tried to tell me that he raped 3000 children in his basement or some shit idk

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 20:40:14

Facebook is where I first heard of the fad. Of course, I've know that there have been child soldiers in Africa for as long as I've been politically aware because it's more or less common knowledge, though I wasn't familiar with the name Kony. Joseph Kony is just one in a long line of many to use this tactic, and the whole Kony 2012 thing is just another fad that exists for the purpose of making self-righteous first-world teenagers feel good about themselves. If people really wanted to help the situation in Africa, they would donate money to a real aid organization, not plaster Facebook and crosswalk polls with video links and stickers.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-02 20:43:36

I first thought it was a cereal.

Hey man, hows it goin?

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-03 01:25:00

At 5/2/12 08:09 PM, PIED3 wrote:
Please don't lie, you have a MLP signature.

Some of my favourite games include Lego Harry Potter, Katamari Forever, The Sims.

This should give you an idea that I just adore cutesy shit. Believe me, I hate bronies and the whole internet fad surrounding the show and I ignored it for as long as possible, but I do like the show and that has nothing to do with following a crowd.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-03 18:28:33

I'm afraid Sonic is going to have to change the name of their chili dog. I love those things.

When You First Heard About Kony...

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-03 19:15:54

At 5/2/12 03:23 AM, SirFinland wrote: "Oh, someone in a 3rd world country using child soldiers. What else is new?"

Pretty much my thoughts. I was more upset that mostly everybody I know did not know Africa used child soldiers. I mean, I'm glad they're aware now, but jebus, it doesn't take an ad campaign, and donations to say, "Hey, did you know there are child soldiers in Africa?"

And then they tout the fact that U.S. soldiers are in Africa. We've always been in Africa. We have a command dedicated to Africa.

Exploding genitalia

"Get buttfucked in the mouth." | "Dammit, let me spread my anger, breed my hate!"

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-03 19:21:57

At 5/2/12 03:23 AM, SirFinland wrote: "Oh, someone in a 3rd world country using child soldiers. What else is new?"

This...

At 5/2/12 03:15 AM, Halberd wrote: I thought it was naught but gimmicks and i was right

And this...

I was put off by the film's gigantic budget. The transitions and graphics were overdone and used gratuitously, and the music was also trying a bit too hard to pull at your heartstrings. The director's son also pissed the hell out of me.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to When You First Heard About Kony... 2012-05-08 10:02:58

At 5/3/12 06:28 PM, Ericho wrote: I'm afraid Sonic is going to have to change the name of their chili dog. I love those things.

Wait, Sonic and chili dogs? How ironic.