New Topic Respond to this Topic
Backfirejr
Backfirejr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Backfirejr's art-menagerie 2012-05-01 15:02:03 Reply

Hello there everyone! I thought I'd share some of my work with you guys, in the hopes of perhaps getting some useful critizism as to how I can improve. You are by no means forced to do it and I won't expect anything from you, but any and all critizism will be happily recieved! :D

Backfirejr's art-menagerie

hdsgfjsdhf
hdsgfjsdhf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Backfirejr's art-menagerie 2012-05-01 15:14:54 Reply

At 5/1/12 03:02 PM, Backfirejr wrote: Hello there everyone! I thought I'd share some of my work with you guys, in the hopes of perhaps getting some useful critizism as to how I can improve. You are by no means forced to do it and I won't expect anything from you, but any and all critizism will be happily recieved! :D

This is quite good! I like the mysterious mood of this piece and the texture in the grass.

I would recommend using a variety of brushes on the trees, and making the branches more pronounced; It would round up the composition, plus give us more details to marvel at.

Everything else, the depth, composition, brush strokes and color scheme are great :)

Backfirejr
Backfirejr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Backfirejr's art-menagerie 2012-05-01 15:26:01 Reply

At 5/1/12 03:02 PM, Backfirejr wrote: Hello there everyone! I thought I'd share some of my work with you guys, in the hopes of perhaps getting some useful critizism as to how I can improve. You are by no means forced to do it and I won't expect anything from you, but any and all critizism will be happily recieved! :D

I should perhaps also mention that all of the pieces that I put in this post can also be found on my profile in a higher resolution. ;)

Backfirejr's art-menagerie

Backfirejr
Backfirejr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Backfirejr's art-menagerie 2012-05-01 15:28:00 Reply

At 5/1/12 03:14 PM, hdsgfjsdhf wrote:
This is quite good! I like the mysterious mood of this piece and the texture in the grass.

I would recommend using a variety of brushes on the trees, and making the branches more pronounced; It would round up the composition, plus give us more details to marvel at.

Everything else, the depth, composition, brush strokes and color scheme are great :)

Thanks! I like the idea about making the trees and branches more pronounced. I'll work on doing that. :)