New Topic Respond to this Topic
JForceGames
JForceGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 14:41:51 Reply

Hey, chiptune artists, this is Ty from JForce Games. WeâEUTMve been making a game for Xbox Live Indie Games and PC called Murder Miners (ItâEUTMs an online FPS with construction / destruction---Think Halo meets MineCraft. Check out some rough gameplay).

WeâEUTMre looking for an awesome retro take in the style of the Halo main menu themes (E.g., H1, H2,H3, Reach) to play during the intro and title screen. We donâEUTMt want to be too specific here in order to give you some creative freedom. Another good reference is the Metroid title music. And it doesnâEUTMt have to be pure 8bit/16bit. It can have some modern flare to it if you think it fits.

Send us your tracks! If we want to use it, weâEUTMll give you $500.

(You obviously retain all rights to your submissions. However, we ask that the accepted track be kept exclusive to our game for at least 6 months after its release.)

JForceGames
JForceGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 14:47:31 Reply

Whoops, those apostrophes didn't convert correctly. Here is the corrected post (since there is no edit post function):

Hey, chiptune artists, this is JForce Games. We've been making a game for Xbox Live Indie Games and PC called Murder Miners (It's an online FPS with construction / destruction---Think Halo meets MineCraft. Check out some rough gameplay).

We're looking for an awesome retro take in the style of the Halo main menu themes (E.g., H1, H2,H3, Reach) to play during the intro and title screen. We don't want to be too specific here in order to give you some creative freedom. Another good reference is the Metroid title music. And it doesn't have to be pure 8bit/16bit. It can have some modern flare to it if you think it fits.

Send us your tracks! If we want to use it, we'll give you $500.

(You obviously retain all rights to your submissions. However, we ask that the accepted track be kept exclusive to our game for at least 6 months after its release.)

JForceGames
JForceGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 14:54:57 Reply

Oh and forgot contact info! Email us at admin@jforcegames.com if you have something we might like, or you can just post your stuff in this thread. Thanks!

Zero123Music
Zero123Music
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 15:09:12 Reply

At 5/1/12 02:54 PM, JForceGames wrote: Oh and forgot contact info! Email us at admin@jforcegames.com if you have something we might like, or you can just post your stuff in this thread. Thanks!

is there a deadline? cause it's exams time here in england so I won't be able to make anything for a couple of weeks

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 15:11:03 Reply

At 5/1/12 02:54 PM, JForceGames wrote: Oh and forgot contact info! Email us at admin@jforcegames.com if you have something we might like, or you can just post your stuff in this thread. Thanks!

I'll give it a shot. Expect something in a week or two. :)

lel

JForceGames
JForceGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 15:30:56 Reply

At 5/1/12 03:09 PM, Zero123Music wrote:
is there a deadline? cause it's exams time here in england so I won't be able to make anything for a couple of weeks

Not a concrete one yet. The game won't be released for another 1-2 months probably , so you should have plenty of time. Once it gets close, we'll post a deadline (unless we've already gotten a track that's just absolutely perfect that we definitely want).

Also, another person emailed asking about length requirements. That's really up to you. Whatever you think would be best for a title screen (but obviously something only 45 seconds long would be too short)

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 15:50:56 Reply

At 5/1/12 03:30 PM, JForceGames wrote:
At 5/1/12 03:09 PM, Zero123Music wrote:
Not a concrete one yet. The game won't be released for another 1-2 months probably , so you should have plenty of time. Once it gets close, we'll post a deadline (unless we've already gotten a track that's just absolutely perfect that we definitely want).

Also, another person emailed asking about length requirements. That's really up to you. Whatever you think would be best for a title screen (but obviously something only 45 seconds long would be too short)

Sounds very cool; the Halo series has some of my absolute favorite video game music. I'm a bit busy at the moment (people keep sending me requests lol), but I'll give it a shot when I have some free time. That shouldn't be too much of a problem, though, if development is expected to be another month or so (and music is almost always one of the last things to be done).

Can you link potential musicians (or, privately via PM to anyone who has expressed interest) to any tracks already written for the game, so we can get a feel for the style and sound of the game's soundtrack - if there is one?

Best of luck narrowing it down to one theme you like - there are many talented musicians here!

JForceGames
JForceGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 16:10:26 Reply

At 5/1/12 03:50 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
Can you link potential musicians (or, privately via PM to anyone who has expressed interest) to any tracks already written for the game, so we can get a feel for the style and sound of the game's soundtrack - if there is one?

Well it's multiplayer-only so we might just do some ambient background noise during gameplay like Halo does. So this title screen music will probably be the only music in the game.

JForceGames
JForceGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 16:22:54 Reply

And to clarify, the music wouldn't just play on the title screen, but also as the player progresses through the menu, a la Halo.

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 16:41:14 Reply

I've done plenty of chiptuney songs in the past and would love to give this a shot. Here's an example - I did all the music and SFX for that.

Here's my soundcloud. I do all sorts of styles. :D

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 16:45:26 Reply

At 5/1/12 04:22 PM, JForceGames wrote: And to clarify, the music wouldn't just play on the title screen, but also as the player progresses through the menu, a la Halo.

I'm actually gonna put up a producer that I used on my mixtape, Known to be Lethal. Sick, sick, sick. Here's his SC.

http://soundcloud.com/known-to-be-lethal

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
OssumPawesome
OssumPawesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 19:17:16 Reply

I have sent you a first draft via email. Hope to work with you on this interesting project.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-01 21:29:05 Reply

you would probably get more chiptune artists interested on cm.o and noichan

p.s. i am gay

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-04 15:01:12 Reply

Sooooo any news?

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-04 15:03:31 Reply

I can see what I get tonight. Chiptune and orchestra. I did not do it for quite a while. Here come the scene.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-05 08:52:37 Reply

At 5/4/12 03:01 PM, Rig wrote: Sooooo any news?

this guy has made a track for it, so if any of you still want to make a track for it and haven't started yet you're gonna have to lift your game.

p.s. i am gay

Possibly
Possibly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-05 16:33:10 Reply

Thought I would have a bash at this - pretty new so no idea if this is the kind of thing needed.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/484364?updated=1

Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-05 18:52:20 Reply

Challenge possibly accepted based on time and me not forgetting this!

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-05 19:26:22 Reply

sent a demo to your email!

JForceGames
JForceGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-23 15:10:23 Reply

Hey guys, quick status update. First off, weâEUTMre setting a deadline: June 7th. And since many of you have requested feedback on your submissions, weâEUTMre just gonna answer all those requests with this: If your name isnâEUTMt K-wix or Danimal Cannon, then your track wasnâEUTMt what weâEUTMre looking for. These guysâEUTM tracks are the only ones weâEUTMre considering right now---TheyâEUTMre a whole tier above the rest (not just in quality, but mainly suitability). So feel free to submit another track, but if you want us to give you specific, individual feedback then your first draft needs to be in the ballpark of these other two tracks.

Thanks!

JForceGames
JForceGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-23 18:39:07 Reply

Caught some heat on another forum for the condescending nature of our last post (which is understandable). Here's my reply to that in case anyone here is feeling the same way:

Apologies for the bluntness. Didn't mean to disrespect anyone, just wanted to be upfront about everything. But really when I said suitability I meant that. There were many tracks that sounded really cool but they just weren't what we wanted for our game's main menu. Also there were a few guys who basically said "here's my track, let me know if you want any changes or something completely different." So this is an invitation for them to try something different, if they want to. We figured it could only help us in getting the perfect track.

NeXsard
NeXsard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-25 21:47:03 Reply

hey, i´d like to share some of the trakcs that i submited in this page. i have worked on past videogames projects making songs fors bosses and menus. unfortunately i cant show you that song because policy,

here are the tracks.

• killing legends
    killing legends by NeXsard

some legends must be killed

Score
    4.44 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
  • Ancriloga: Beyond The Stars
    Ancriloga: Beyond The Stars by NeXsard

so, you think,you reach the lmit?

Score
    4.61 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
  • Ancriloga: Beyond The Stars
    Ancriloga: Beyond The Stars by NeXsard

so, you think,you reach the lmit?

Score
    4.61 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

feel free to send a PM to my profile if you like it. Have a wonderfull day

NeXsard
NeXsard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-25 21:49:30 Reply

oh shit i posted the same song twice.

here is the third one

• Verse On Fire
    Verse On Fire by NeXsard

another day, another verse...

Score
    4.49 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

MrMusicalLion
MrMusicalLion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-28 15:22:18 Reply

Hmm. See what you make of this

Personally I could care less for this track but.. it's chiptune-ish

• Eclipsion [MadnessDay2011]
    Eclipsion [MadnessDay2011] by MrMusicalLion

For MadnessDay2011

Score
    4.37 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

BBS Signature
HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-05-29 12:27:46 Reply

At 5/23/12 06:39 PM, JForceGames wrote:
So this is an invitation for them to try something different, if they want to. We figured it could only help us in getting the perfect track.

Sent you an email. See if you like what you hear! ;)

Oniderp
Oniderp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-06-11 14:00:53 Reply

So... just curious to know who won. Or just any news about this at all.

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-06-11 18:35:33 Reply

At 6/11/12 02:00 PM, Oniderp wrote: So... just curious to know who won. Or just any news about this at all.

I think they are still in production. I received their reply months ago and they are deciding which track(s) they are going to use. If lucky they choose my track then I won't take the money anyway. I'm not in a race here and I think my tracks are pretty shitty.

If you still want to join then email directly to them.

constromlie
constromlie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-08-25 04:45:57 Reply

I hope it's not too late...

• A Halo Chiptune
    A Halo Chiptune by constromlie

A theme from the first Halo, with 16 bit sounds and oodles of effects.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Need an awesome chiptune - $500 2012-08-25 06:24:21 Reply

i dont do 'halo like music' cause i wouldnt know what its like as i never played it :)
i do make chiptunes (the real kind, not the 24542042380 reverb dubstep kind) but i think i'd just like to commend someone instead, send emperorcharlemagne a pm, hes a god of chiptunes if i may say so.
im sure he can cook something awesome up for you.

regards.
-cal.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.