• 36 Replies
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-01 10:27:51

Want to create a link for Sonar users to ask questions and get together, because it's like we're the redheaded stepchild of audio recording. But Sonar can rival Pro Tools in engineering and is light years ahead of FL Studio for MIDI implementation and production.

Sonar headz, stand up! You need no longer be ashamed.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-01 10:49:07

At 5/1/12 10:27 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: But Sonar can rival Pro Tools in engineering and is light years ahead of FL Studio for MIDI implementation and production.

I tend to find that the people who trumpet the loudest about their tools tend to create things of the least value.

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-01 10:49:58

At 5/1/12 10:27 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Want to create a link for Sonar users to ask questions and get together, because it's like we're the redheaded stepchild of audio recording. But Sonar can rival Pro Tools in engineering and is light years ahead of FL Studio for MIDI implementation and production.

Sonar headz, stand up! You need no longer be ashamed.

I tried Sonar, then I switched to Pro Tools for recording cause its just better in my opinion.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-01 11:16:24

At 5/1/12 10:49 AM, loansindi wrote:
At 5/1/12 10:27 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: But Sonar can rival Pro Tools in engineering and is light years ahead of FL Studio for MIDI implementation and production.
I tend to find that the people who trumpet the loudest about their tools tend to create things of the least value.

Sadly so.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
EagleGuard
EagleGuard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-01 12:32:13

I used Sonar for a while, but I find Cubase to be much more stable and have a smoother workflow. I guess it all comes down to your own preference though.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-01 20:50:35

At 5/1/12 11:16 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
Sadly so.

Well, seeing as I was just trying to have a civil discussion, but u two trolls wanna make it retarded...let me check your music to see if you can actually back up your trolling...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

No. You both suck eggs.

BBS Signature
SonicTragedy
SonicTragedy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-01 20:58:26

At 5/1/12 08:50 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 5/1/12 11:16 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
But Sonar can rival Pro Tools in engineering and is light years ahead of FL Studio for MIDI implementation and production.
Sadly so.

Yea dudes, I'm pretty sure that the Senator was more just looking for qualified ppl to trade production strategies with, not two idiot trolls like you guys. Loansindi, cut the beard.

By the way, Trois, are you a guy or a girl? LMAO

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-01 21:09:42

At 5/1/12 08:50 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Well, seeing as I was just trying to have a civil discussion, but u two trolls wanna make it retarded...let me check your music to see if you can actually back up your trolling...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

No. You both suck eggs.

I'm currently employed as a professional audio engineer. I make my living with tools in this field. I'd say I'm pretty qualified to tell you that endless yammering about how one tool is better than another is ridiculous. I might be sitting behind an amazing digital console one day, or something a little more... plebian the next. End of the day? Show is mixed and no one knows the difference.

Quit pretending your tools define you as an artist, and just make some damn music.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-01 21:18:55

stop getting trolled

@this entire forum

p.s. i am gay

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-02 00:19:00

At 5/1/12 09:09 PM, loansindi wrote: something a little more... plebian

You called Mackie plebian :'(

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-02 06:20:21

By the way, Trois, are you a guy or a girl? LMAO

Shouldn't it be pretty obvious to you?

And by the way:

I'm currently employed as a professional audio engineer. I make my living with tools in this field. I'd say I'm pretty qualified to tell you that endless yammering about how one tool is better than another is ridiculous.

Similarly, SonicTragedy, I don't even need to be employed to know that someone's just there whoring for attention. So go on, if you'd like to blare about your tools. The mods have pretty much sealed the deal for ya.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-02 06:26:51

It's not the tool you use but how you use it, or some shit...

Also:
Obvious Troll is Obvious. Move along.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-02 08:19:52

At 5/2/12 06:26 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: It's not the tool you use but how you use it, or some shit...

i wish theresa would use MY tool :(

p.s. i am gay

NogginmenAnimations
NogginmenAnimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-02 08:42:41

At 5/1/12 10:27 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Sonar!!1!

I use Sonar because it came free with my mic. I don't really know how to do shit with it though.

kaffekane
kaffekane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-03 17:23:35

At 5/2/12 12:28 AM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/1/12 09:18 PM, midimachine wrote: stop getting trolled

@this entire forum
heh this. i can't believe people are falling into this obvious trap.

IT'S A TRAP!

"Whoever said Doritos don't grow on trees was a big fat liar!"
Furry and Proud.
Dare to troll me? Be my guest. Come get some.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-06 20:44:16

At 5/1/12 09:09 PM, loansindi wrote: bullshit

Quit pretending your tools define you as an artist, and just make some damn music.

You stupid son of a bitch, nobody said anything about what you were talking about you FUCKING fag.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-06 20:46:29

At 5/2/12 06:26 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: It's not the tool you use but how you use it, or some shit...

Also:
Obvious Troll is Obvious. Move along.

Yeah, way to be objective, moderator. You suck as a mod. Well, I guess I accomplished my goal, I found ONE other person who uses Sonar. I'll talk to him about strategies when using it and the rest of you can eat shit and die

You can check all of the material I've uploaded here to see I'm not a troll, fucking can't see past your own fuckin nose.

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-06 20:51:15

hah.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-06 22:15:34

At 5/6/12 08:46 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Yeah, way to be objective, moderator. You suck as a mod. Well, I guess I accomplished my goal, I found ONE other person who uses Sonar. I'll talk to him about strategies when using it and the rest of you can eat shit and die

You can check all of the material I've uploaded here to see I'm not a troll, fucking can't see past your own fuckin nose.

Thank you for proving my point.

You have been very cooperative in this matter.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 10:53:38

I'm not really sure why everybody chooses to randomly start on the senator. He came in and asked if anybody else used Sonar, an audio program, in the audio forums, seeing if he kind find a couple people to discuss a few strategies with. The program you use doesn't make your music, but mixing does a lot more than many seem to perceive. Oh and then a moderator comes in and calls him a troll?

Is this how you're supposed to act towards new members of the website?

By the way, there's a topic for FL Studio, so why shouldn't there be one for Sonar when Sonar can do all that FL Studio can if you work at it and implement the tools needed?

Come on Purgatory, you're a moderator, can't you at least act a little professional? I mean, I've seen days where you actually do seem to care and aren't as blatantly rude as you have been for this topic. Ah, I don't know why I'm even trying, most moderators are known for their one-sided minds and huge egos. I remember being banned one time for defending myself in an argument against someone who was, unfortunately, a moderator's buddy. Nonetheless, come on guys.

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 10:56:26

I apologize for double posting and I apologize for pointing out Back-From-Purgatory only. This topic alone just looks a bunch of trolls persecuting a member of the site.

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 10:59:43

At 5/7/12 10:53 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: wah wah wah

you reap what you sow.

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 11:03:43

At 5/7/12 10:59 AM, loansindi wrote: you reap what you sow.

That wouldn't even apply here.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 12:24:33

Sorry, dude, but let's set the record straight.

At 5/7/12 10:53 AM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: He came in and asked if anybody else used Sonar, an audio program, in the audio forums, seeing if he kind find a couple people to discuss a few strategies with. The program you use doesn't make your music, but mixing does a lot more than many seem to perceive.

Yeah, and he did so while essentially dissing FL Studio users, bragging about his tools as if they were the best things on earth. Loansindi put it quite rightly: the best musicians are the most humble. We didn't start this convo for no reason, mind you.

Oh and then a moderator comes in and calls him a troll?

Have you even read SJD's responses throughout this whole forum?

Is this how you're supposed to act towards new members of the website?

Again, sorry, but let's set the record straight. We can tell apart genuine people from people who are just there to strut their stuff. BFP, LaForge and Loansindi, though they may be nasty at times, are among the most helpful people on the site. If you want more evidence, you only need to look at how they have dealt with nice, new users. Of course they would dismiss those people who are trying to be funny. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but if this is what you're thinking right now, then I find that you've lost quite a bit of time on the Audio Forums to even notice.

I mean, I've seen days where you actually do seem to care and aren't as blatantly rude as you have been for this topic. Ah, I don't know why I'm even trying, most moderators are known for their one-sided minds and huge egos. I remember being banned one time for defending myself in an argument against someone who was, unfortunately, a moderator's buddy. Nonetheless, come on guys.

And let me tell you in all honesty, I could've lambasted one mod for his remarks once. I DID. But that doesn't take away the fact that the mods respond to what the OP suggests. Throughout my short time on the Audio Forums (short meaning a little less than a year) I've learnt how to distinguish OPs who want to get better, OPs who think they're the best people on earth, and OPs who are a bit of both. But we're missing the point here.

The point is that the OP strutted like a peacock, behaved like a complete troll, and you expect them to go easy on him.

I would personally hear SJD out, but given the remarks made on this post, it's far too much now.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 12:32:34

That being said, I suggest a new topic on Sonar be done, and none of this braggy, whiny stuff, from the OP or from anyone of us anymore. I'm sure we all agree that this thing is getting out of hand.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 13:44:43

Trois, SJD did not brag about anything. He said it was better than FL Studio at MIDI impression, and well, in my opinion it is. He didn't come off like a dick at all until you all began to troll him, at which point he flew off the handle a bit and trolled back. Then a couple moderators came in and responded quite rudely without even looking at SJD's original statement apparently, cause if they had, they would've acted a little more professional.

You're argument is invalid as I can find just as many downright disrespectful moderators as you can find helpful ones. I've already noticed LaForge being quite rude in another post for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

I actually respect midimachine and Back-From-Purgatory as they are usually very helpful, but in this topic, their trolling was generally uncalled for in any aspect. I don't expect them to be nice to dickhead users, however, SJD was only a dick to those who trolled and then a few moderators randomly walked in with nothing helpful to say whatsoever. They were just agreeing with the original trolling.

Here's the problem. I think of this site as more of a community and somewhat of a business, in which the higher authorities shouldn't act so rudely. I agree, the moderators shouldn't take the trolling, but should they really respond with such bad attitudes? Even if SJD was originally trolling then no response, simple. Maybe a response with "Trolling" and lock the forum, however, he WASN'T.

I can't see any good argument towards how the moderators acted. I apologize but it shouldn't be acceptable.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 13:50:11

At 5/7/12 01:44 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: You're argument is invalid as I can find just as many downright disrespectful moderators as you can find helpful ones. I've already noticed LaForge being quite rude in another post for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

Mind you, that moderator in question whom I lambasted the other day was LaForge himself, especially when he spoke out disrespectfully on a matter of my faith, no idea why. But is that a reason to decry his behaviour?

If my posts come about as trolling, I'm genuinely sorry, but I had no intention of doing so. I found SJD's comment as egotistical as you found the moderator's comments, and we're not going to have any middle ground, as I see it. We're just not.

I actually respect midimachine and Back-From-Purgatory as they are usually very helpful, but in this topic, their trolling was generally uncalled for in any aspect. I don't expect them to be nice to dickhead users, however, SJD was only a dick to those who trolled and then a few moderators randomly walked in with nothing helpful to say whatsoever. They were just agreeing with the original trolling.

Here's the thing: They saw what we saw, and what you didn't.

I can't see any good argument towards how the moderators acted. I apologize but it shouldn't be acceptable.

There's no need to.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 14:26:30

He is great at what he does. All the nonsense flame-wars on here wouldn't happen if you didn't stick your fingers in. This post would have been better if you simply does not exist.

loansindi, I think it is time for you to realize that you cannot replace the actual mods in here. Stop your dummies and actually learn something.

Ah, and by the way, that audio engineer's line didn't help your attitudes much, my friend? You are still a faggot pretender afterward. I am sorry for swearing at a 'well mannered' dude.

ThisIsAnEmergency
ThisIsAnEmergency
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 15:12:18

At 5/7/12 01:50 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Here's the thing: They saw what we saw, and what you didn't.

I saw a guy wanting to talk about the Sonar program and what all someone can do with it. I saw what it was. There is no middle ground cause, I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. I literally have read this dude's original post over and over just trying to see how any person could possibly perceive it as rude or trolling in any way. There just isn't.

Condoning the way these moderators acted in this topic, is just ridiculous. I didn't see SJD come in here and blast all the mods, admins, or NG or anything. He was wanting a discussion, not a troll-fest. Its as simple as that.

BBS Signature
Chris-V2
Chris-V2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Anybdy round these parts use Sonar? 2012-05-07 15:49:11

Well if it makes you feel better, you're all assholes to me. The man asked a question and stated some opinions and then a fucking pissing contest commenced.

Loans, you really need to stop being so condescending. We know you're a sound engineer. It's great that you've gotten yourself a gig, now stop shoving it in people's faces.