Be a Supporter!

Becky's Art thread :D

  • 31,748 Views
  • 448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 10:51 AM Reply

At 8/20/12 10:27 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/20/12 10:19 AM, BeckyRawr wrote: Ah Ignore that post. I was VERY drunk and getting in 'That mood' So i do apologize.
You're crazy Becky

Am not >:[
You crazy.

PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 8/20/12 10:51 AM, BeckyRawr wrote:
At 8/20/12 10:27 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/20/12 10:19 AM, BeckyRawr wrote: Ah Ignore that post. I was VERY drunk and getting in 'That mood' So i do apologize.
You're crazy Becky
Am not >:[
You crazy.

Pff... I'm crazier than all of yous put together.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 11:43 AM Reply

At 8/20/12 11:12 AM, PatBest22 wrote: Pff... I'm crazier than all of yous put together.

prove it put a toothpick under your toenail and kick the wall

PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 11:46 AM Reply

At 8/20/12 11:43 AM, M-Maher wrote:
At 8/20/12 11:12 AM, PatBest22 wrote: Pff... I'm crazier than all of yous put together.
prove it put a toothpick under your toenail and kick the wall

That's not crazy, that's just stupid.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 12:04 PM Reply

At 8/20/12 11:55 AM, M-Maher wrote: the 3rd definition says otherwise

The third definition is stupid.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 8/20/12 12:04 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
At 8/20/12 11:55 AM, M-Maher wrote: the 3rd definition says otherwise
The third definition is stupid.

indeed it is, or rather:

Stupid âo/oo^ Foolish â^´ you || Stupid âo/oo^ Foolish = Crazy â^µ google

MATHEMATICS BITCH!

PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM Reply

At 8/20/12 12:17 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 8/20/12 12:04 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
At 8/20/12 11:55 AM, M-Maher wrote: the 3rd definition says otherwise
The third definition is stupid.
indeed it is, or rather:

Stupid âo/oo^ Foolish â^´ you || Stupid âo/oo^ Foolish = Crazy â^µ google

MATHEMATICS BITCH!

Silly M-Maher, that's not mathematics, that's spanish.
Silly M-Maher.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 12:50 PM Reply

At 8/20/12 11:43 AM, M-Maher wrote: prove it put a toothpick under your toenail and kick the wall

Did you really have to derail her fucking thread?
Keep that shit to PM's

PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 8/20/12 12:50 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/20/12 11:43 AM, M-Maher wrote: prove it put a toothpick under your toenail and kick the wall
Did you really have to derail her fucking thread?
Keep that shit to PM's

My apologies to you, and to Becky.

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 8/20/12 01:13 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
At 8/20/12 12:50 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/20/12 11:43 AM, M-Maher wrote: prove it put a toothpick under your toenail and kick the wall
Did you really have to derail her fucking thread?
Keep that shit to PM's
My apologies to you, and to Becky.

Don't worry about it :3
But if you want to make it up to me give me come crit ;D

PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 8/20/12 01:18 PM, BeckyRawr wrote:
At 8/20/12 01:13 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
At 8/20/12 12:50 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/20/12 11:43 AM, M-Maher wrote: prove it put a toothpick under your toenail and kick the wall
Did you really have to derail her fucking thread?
Keep that shit to PM's
My apologies to you, and to Becky.
Don't worry about it :3
But if you want to make it up to me give me come crit ;D

Alright, I'm not very good at crit though.
My offer for skype sketching is still available, if your laptop has gotten any better :P

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 04:06 PM Reply

Took the picture and attempted to clean it up.
I'm curious to how people would ink a sketch on SAI. I don't have pressure sensitivity on my lap top (boooo).
Any advice or even just crit on the sketch itself would be more than welcome.

I quite like the way this is looking so far. :3 (huge thing for me, I HATE everything i do haha)

Becky's Art thread :D

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 20th, 2012 @ 10:06 PM Reply

Not sure what this is, I'm guessing wasp. Started of as a random practice with colours.

I'm a lil stoned so i might look at this tomorrow and think wtf?

Becky's Art thread :D

Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 06:57 AM Reply

At 8/20/12 04:06 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Took the picture and attempted to clean it up.

Your use of the word "attempted" suggests that this is a technique that you are not used to. If this is the case then you have done brilliantly. Although I'd like to see what it'd look like with the faintest bit of colour. Maybe colouring it with a quite lower opacity so that it keeps those tones of grey.

I quite like the way this is looking so far. :3 (huge thing for me, I HATE everything i do haha)

You should like it. It's an improvement on your previous work :).


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 07:02 AM Reply

At 8/21/12 06:57 AM, Decky wrote:
At 8/20/12 04:06 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Took the picture and attempted to clean it up.
Your use of the word "attempted" suggests that this is a technique that you are not used to. If this is the case then you have done brilliantly. Although I'd like to see what it'd look like with the faintest bit of colour. Maybe colouring it with a quite lower opacity so that it keeps those tones of grey.
I quite like the way this is looking so far. :3 (huge thing for me, I HATE everything i do haha)
You should like it. It's an improvement on your previous work :).

Thanks a lot :D You're right about not being used to it. I always try to do everything on the computer but i'm really bad at drawing with a graphic tablet. My sketch work is a lot better so i'm going to try and post more of that.

I will be colouring this shortly, maybe do a base colour with the marker on low opacity like you said and see where I can go from that. The biggest problem I have is the line work/inking.

Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 07:12 AM Reply

At 8/21/12 07:02 AM, BeckyRawr wrote: Thanks a lot :D You're right about not being used to it. I always try to do everything on the computer but i'm really bad at drawing with a graphic tablet.

I'm no good with tablets myself, I always draw with mouse when it comes to using digital methods of drawing. I could just never get used to them.

The biggest problem I have is the line work/inking.

Again it's something that I struggle with. I usually try and re do the lines with the brush tool on flash to give it a cartoony feel but thats more a style that I'm used to.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 09:31 PM Reply

Added a lil colour. I didn't bother with lines :[

Becky's Art thread :D

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 8/21/12 09:31 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Added a lil colour. I didn't bother with lines :[

I like the lines just fine the way they are. You should develop the colour a little more, make it shadowy and moody and creepy. It's looking good.


BBS Signature
Jimmey56
Jimmey56
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 09:38 PM Reply

At 8/21/12 09:35 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 8/21/12 09:31 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Added a lil colour. I didn't bother with lines :[
I like the lines just fine the way they are. You should develop the colour a little more, make it shadowy and moody and creepy. It's looking good.

I agree. The lines seem to do just fine. Just set the mood with color.

Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:57 AM Reply

At 8/21/12 09:38 PM, Jimmey56 wrote:
At 8/21/12 09:35 PM, Sockembop wrote: stuff

These guy got it right. I think that the colour of the skirt thing (never quite understood what that was meant to be but for this lets say "skirt thing") needs to have darker tones and a general darker colour to give it that more leathery look. If i were you I'd spent some time seeing how others have drawn leather.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:54 AM Reply

Hands...hands.... HANDS I HATE HANDS T_T

Becky's Art thread :D

PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:29 AM Reply

At 8/23/12 09:54 AM, BeckyRawr wrote: Hands...hands.... HANDS I HATE HANDS T_T

Give her mittens. Big fluffy mittens.

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:47 PM Reply

Now i need to learn how to draw a background for this :3

PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 8/23/12 09:47 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Now i need to learn how to draw a background for this :3

Well you can keep going on paper, or you could scan the drawing, separate the layers so your lines are on top of the background and draw behind what you've already got.

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 8/23/12 09:47 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Now i need to learn how to draw a background for this :3

CURSE MY FORGETFULNESS!

Becky's Art thread :D

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 8/23/12 10:24 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
At 8/23/12 09:47 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Now i need to learn how to draw a background for this :3
Well you can keep going on paper, or you could scan the drawing, separate the layers so your lines are on top of the background and draw behind what you've already got.

I can't draw on paper at the moment 'cas I can't have a light on T_T
I attempted to do it with the tablet.
Still needs a lil work.

Becky's Art thread :D

PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 8/23/12 10:44 PM, BeckyRawr wrote:
I can't draw on paper at the moment 'cas I can't have a light on T_T
I attempted to do it with the tablet.
Still needs a lil work.

Needs more grime

Jimmey56
Jimmey56
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:18 PM Reply

I think the fingers holding that sword are a little fat compared to the fingers on the other hand.

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Becky's Art thread :D Aug. 25th, 2012 @ 09:02 PM Reply

Thanks guys. I'm going to try and fix them when I can

Heres a random sketch I did on my tablet.
50 points to whoever guesses who it's ment to be :3

Becky's Art thread :D