New Topic Respond to this Topic
hdsgfjsdhf
hdsgfjsdhf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
What do you think of this sketch? 2012-04-30 20:58:22 Reply

I am planning on painting this, but my friends say it gives them the heebie-gebbies.

• Sketch
    Sketch by hdsgfjsdhf

What does it make you feel/think of? What do you think is going on?

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    1 View
    Rated
    Everyone

Do you like the mood expressed there or does it seem depressing to you? What does it make you think of? What do you think is going on?

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to What do you think of this sketch? 2012-04-30 21:52:00 Reply

At 4/30/12 08:58 PM, hdsgfjsdhf wrote: Do you like the mood expressed there or does it seem depressing to you? What does it make you think of? What do you think is going on?

It seems wistful to me, but not in a bad way. Like a sort of dreamlike memory state- something ephemeral. Though I guess I should mention I like depressing art, assuming it's approached with sufficient subtlety. Go ahead and paint it! And don't forget to come back and show us the painting- I'd love to see it.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

hdsgfjsdhf
hdsgfjsdhf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What do you think of this sketch? 2012-04-30 21:56:47 Reply

It seems wistful to me, but not in a bad way. Like a sort of dreamlike memory state- something ephemeral. Though I guess I should mention I like depressing art, assuming it's approached with sufficient subtlety. Go ahead and paint it! And don't forget to come back and show us the painting- I'd love to see it.

Thank you for your insight! And I will absolutley post it here when done :)

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to What do you think of this sketch? 2012-04-30 22:05:35 Reply

I also think you should totally finish this! Depressing or scaring are the wrong words in my case. It's an interesting sketch and I would like to know more about the story that is going on. If I'd had to guess, the guy is in love with the woman, but she is scared by him or at least she is aghast to see him. He looks kinda death and pale, with the crow adding to that impression and she looks colorful and rather... alive. lol

BBS Signature
hdsgfjsdhf
hdsgfjsdhf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What do you think of this sketch? 2012-04-30 22:41:30 Reply

At 4/30/12 10:05 PM, Luwano wrote: I also think you should totally finish this! Depressing or scaring are the wrong words in my case. It's an interesting sketch and I would like to know more about the story that is going on. If I'd had to guess, the guy is in love with the woman, but she is scared by him or at least she is aghast to see him. He looks kinda death and pale, with the crow adding to that impression and she looks colorful and rather... alive. lol

Thank you for your comment!

The story behind this is that the boy is a statue of a dead mucisian. The girl in the picture found the statue by accident and fell in love with it. She came to see him every day and talked to him as if he was real. One day she came to visit the statue and found a note addressed to her, lying at it's feet. Amazed that she could communicate with her love, the girl started writing back.
Once, while coming back to read his answer she encountered a strangely familiar youth leaving a note at the statue's feet.
She understood that this boy was the one writing to her all along. The embraced and then lived happily ever after?

Also, the boy writing to her is probably the reincarnation of the mucisian.