Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 11:52:13 Reply

Hello Newgrounds^^

I'm ChocolateKitteh and I'm new here ^^ Jut signed up yesterday :3
I'd like you to ask what you think of my work:
It's an uncensored version of my "Enchained Lust" painting on deviantART :3

I'm sorry I had to recreate this post because I forgot to add "NSFW" in the title D:

Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:15:38 Reply

"Only use adult content in highly artistic or hilarious situations. We don't want this to be a hentai gallery."
~The Art Forum rules

ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:26:02 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:15 PM, BlackMist75 wrote: "Only use adult content in highly artistic or hilarious situations. We don't want this to be a hentai gallery."
~The Art Forum rules

So it's not artistic enough? :/

EnactJudo
EnactJudo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:34:51 Reply

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meetrandom ppl like me ^_^... im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe...toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:36:45 Reply

THIS IS A NSFW TREAD! D: BOTH OF YOU AREN'T EVEN 18 YET! D:

>___<

ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:39:56 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:34 PM, EnactJudo wrote: hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meetrandom ppl like me ^_^... im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!)

love and waffles,
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Aren't you a guy...? >_> You're not even new o:

Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:43:11 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:36 PM, ChocolateKitteh wrote: THIS IS A NSFW TREAD! D: BOTH OF YOU AREN'T EVEN 18 YET! D:

>___<

But I am. ADULT HAS ARRIVED.

*Ahem*
Blackmist has a point. There's a fine point between the...eh, "artistic" nudity and the "I want to create some boners" nudity. And yours is hardly the former.

BBS Signature
ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:47:44 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:43 PM, Re2deemer wrote:
But I am. ADULT HAS ARRIVED.

*Ahem*
Blackmist has a point. There's a fine point between the...eh, "artistic" nudity and the "I want to create some boners" nudity. And yours is hardly the former.

Mkay.. And can you give a further explanation as well? :/ Proportions wrong, background too lame, shading sucks?

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:55:38 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:47 PM, ChocolateKitteh wrote: Mkay.. And can you give a further explanation as well? :/ Proportions wrong, background too lame, shading sucks?

The shading is inaccurate.
You've got candles and a torch in the background, yet the shading implies lighting from the front. It's all inconsistent.

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:56:58 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:47 PM, ChocolateKitteh wrote:
At 4/29/12 12:43 PM, Re2deemer wrote:
Mkay.. And can you give a further explanation as well? :/ Proportions wrong, background too lame, shading sucks?

it's disturbing. O.o I mean, I like TheShadling's art, but this looks .-. idk

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:59:25 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:50 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 4/29/12 12:47 PM, ChocolateKitteh wrote:
It's perverted

She said it's NSFW...noob :3

Ephyse
Ephyse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 12:59:53 Reply

Hi, welcome :)
For your image, i definitly think that the back takes too much importance on the image, we have to focus on the 2 ladies, not on the background. this image must have a "hot" ambiance. why did you colored curtains in flashy green and blue? why not an orange-red?
why not put a red gradient starting at the up of the image? would be like a light :3
also try to respect light, here you have shadows everywhere. your flames are on the up, it would make more contrast if it was more dark at the down.
and for the anatomy, i think that they are too thin! but these are my personal taste

and sorry for the english, i'm french <:^)

BBS Signature
ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 13:08:24 Reply

Hm.. Okay..

And I coloured the curtains green and blue to have a contrast to the red and yellow :/

ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 13:10:39 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:56 PM, BlackMist75 wrote: it's disturbing. O.o I mean, I like TheShadling's art, but this looks .-. idk

You find TheShadling's art less disturbing that this?! D: I mean a Kim Possible full of cum?!... .___.

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 13:13:28 Reply

At 4/29/12 01:10 PM, ChocolateKitteh wrote:
At 4/29/12 12:56 PM, BlackMist75 wrote: it's disturbing. O.o I mean, I like TheShadling's art, but this looks .-. idk
You find TheShadling's art less disturbing that this?! D: I mean a Kim Possible full of cum?!... .___.

*childhood ruined* ;_; i didn't see that one

ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 13:16:45 Reply

At 4/29/12 01:13 PM, BlackMist75 wrote: *childhood ruined* ;_; i didn't see that one

Oh noooooooo D: I'm sorry D: I didn't mean to do that DD: I thought you had already seen it... .___.

Ephyse
Ephyse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 13:18:57 Reply

Look, i've tried somethink with the lights and the curtains, i'ts harmonic :D
i don't know if you like, but i think it's more "dungeon" ^^

hihi you can also put "bat textures" on the curtains X)

Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw

BBS Signature
ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 13:24:16 Reply

At 4/29/12 01:18 PM, Ephyse wrote: Look, i've tried somethink with the lights and the curtains, i'ts harmonic :D
i don't know if you like, but i think it's more "dungeon" ^^

hihi you can also put "bat textures" on the curtains X)

Well, the quality got a bit a low now.. xD But the reddish thing doesn't look that bad, though... Reminds me kind of of Hell with all that red and black C: Maybe I should do set a certain colour as the "main" colour for next pictures.. o:

EnactJudo
EnactJudo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 13:54:28 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:39 PM, ChocolateKitteh wrote: Aren't you a guy...? >_> You're not even new o:

13/f/cali looking 4 marine to satisfy my needs

ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 14:12:44 Reply

At 4/29/12 01:54 PM, EnactJudo wrote: 13/f/cali looking 4 marine to satisfy my needs

Tsk tsk, I think your gf will not be pleased when she reads that :3

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-29 14:15:16 Reply

At 4/29/12 01:13 PM, BlackMist75 wrote:
At 4/29/12 01:10 PM, ChocolateKitteh wrote:
*childhood ruined* ;_; i didn't see that one

So that means you watched that when you were about 9, I was about to say teenagers weren't capable of having innocence at that 15...

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-30 01:35:30 Reply

Anatomy-wise the figures are lacking a lot. The breasts on both figures are too high and bulbous, they have no wrist bones (like the bump formed by the knob of the ulna), and they're frighteningly skinny. Ephyse is right about the color palette. Also, is that supposed to be a cut on the blonde between her legs or is that supposed to be genitalia? If it's the latter, it's too high up.

Both the cat and the pain kinks seem silly to me, but hardly disturbing.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-30 01:43:57 Reply

guess i should be glad im 21, cause i didnt knwo what the fuck NSFW meant. I mean, I was like "Why the fuck did she make a Need For Speed World post?"

- so I obvioulsy read it incorrectly, and was still clueless to its meaning afterwards. Afterwards, meaning now.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-30 01:48:22 Reply

At 4/30/12 01:43 AM, pockets08 wrote: Afterwards, meaning now.

NSFW is a common acronym around the internet that stands for Not Safe For Work, usually referring to nudity that could get someone into trouble if they were caught browsing on such a page during work hours.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-30 01:55:53 Reply

NSFW is a common acronym around the internet that stands for Not Safe For Work, usually referring to nudity that could get someone into trouble if they were caught browsing on such a page during work hours.

well see, learn something new everyday. Oh well, no sense is common these days.

ChocolateKitteh
ChocolateKitteh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-30 19:21:18 Reply

At 4/30/12 01:35 AM, lovingthedark wrote: Anatomy-wise the figures are lacking a lot. The breasts on both figures are too high and bulbous, they have no wrist bones (like the bump formed by the knob of the ulna), and they're frighteningly skinny. Ephyse is right about the color palette. Also, is that supposed to be a cut on the blonde between her legs or is that supposed to be genitalia? If it's the latter, it's too high up.

Both the cat and the pain kinks seem silly to me, but hardly disturbing.

Oh my.. That bad? :/
And what have all of you guys with that "skinny"?! They're not very skinny to me, I am even way skinnier than them >_> Most girls from my school have their body type :/ (Well, except for those large boobs ofc)
But then again, most people here are from the USA! (no offense.. but you guys do eat a lot of fast food D:)

pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-30 19:29:54 Reply

And what have all of you guys with that "skinny"?! They're not very skinny to me, I am even way skinnier than them >_> Most girls from my school have their body type :/ (Well, except for those large boobs ofc)
But then again, most people here are from the USA! (no offense.. but you guys do eat a lot of fast food D:)

I think your drawing, has no emphasis. If its nude, generally the idea is emphasis on the situation, that somone would want to see, as a situation. - The anatomy might be "correct" in some lights, but for nudity, its not. I dont think there is any emphasis on anything, like in Shadlings art, he has emphasis on everything, that the picture points out. Things are thicker, rounder, more detailed, and shaded, for emphasis on the objective goal of the image... IMO...IMO...

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-30 20:19:52 Reply

At 4/30/12 07:21 PM, ChocolateKitteh wrote:

I'm slender myself, but my forearms don't lose half their mass between elbow and wrist- more like a third at the thinnest point, which is not how yours are viewed. I doubt your arms are any different.
Pockets, do you mean that the image lacks a focal point? I'm not sure I understand your comment.

BBS Signature
pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-30 20:24:54 Reply

Pockets, do you mean that the image lacks a focal point? I'm not sure I understand your comment.

Kind of, Just gernally ive noticed if its mean tto be artistic - the focal point is the artistic concept, which you dont need nudity for, you can show sexy without tits and pooch hanging around, but if the focal point is the fact that its two cat girls gettin it in, Im unconvinced of the sensuality or whatever other emotion is to be displayed in the image. It just looks like a drawing., to show off ass and tits. I mean, given, my art isnt near as good as this, and im only aimign into cartoons - and I should possibly bite my own tongue, but - It was just a opinion.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Hello Newgrounds! :3 Nsfw 2012-04-30 21:35:37 Reply

At 4/29/12 11:52 AM, ChocolateKitteh wrote: Hello Newgrounds^^

Hello ChocolateKitteh :)

I'm ChocolateKitteh and I'm new here ^^ Jut signed up yesterday :3

Welcome on board!

I'd like you to ask what you think of my work:
It's an uncensored version of my "Enchained Lust" painting on deviantART :3

I know it seems as if everybody was criticising you solely because you drew something excessively sexual. But that's not the point, or at least most of the users did not have that intention. For the moment, forget that stuff about all that "artistic value" blah blah blah. There's not more or less artistic value or "credibility" in the topic of your pic than in a pic of a giant robot battle someone else drew up. There may however be more value in the technical realization of other pics.

Ephyse mentioned some vital points about the composition already. pockets08 doesn't really seem to know what focal point means yet (no offense to him intended), cause to me the focal point is the face of the upper girl (which you wanna have as focus) and the torch on the wall (which probably should not be a focal point).

Squint a little at your pic and and check what stands out, what draws your eyes to it. You can also try to close your eyes infront of the pic and when you open them again try to realize what the first thing is you are looking at. That would be your primary focus.

All that focus talk aside, it is obvious that you know how to draw basically. So please don't take all the criticism you get personal. The other artists just try to give you more qualified advice since you are NOT a noob. :)

There are some issues with the light. There are candles in the background, but they don't seem to result in highlights on the curtains, the girls' bodies or on some areas of the wall.

The main issue is the anatomy. Even if women are skinny, their lower arms and hands can't become that thin.

Now look at the upper girl's right arm (left from our view). Her elbow reaches down to her hip, but with correct anatomy a humans wrist aligns horizontically with the hip (give or take an inch). So obviously her arm is too long (since her lower body also doesn't look bent or anything). Both arms are not the same length either. The legs are not both the same length either and given the seam of her boot, her left leg (right from our view) is oddly curved. At the angle she is holding her lower foot, shouldnt there be a fold in the leather boot?

Now we are getting to the NSFW part again. I don't mind you or anyone else drawing stuff like that, but be aware that if you depict naked or half-naked people, your anatomy knowledge should be nearly flawless. Even if you wanna exaggerate any features or stylize them, you should really know what your doing.

I hope this is not discouraging to you, I just think some anatomy studies could help you a lot.

Check out www.posemaniacs.com or www.pixelovely.com and see where it gets you.

And before anyone else feels the need to say it: yeah I should practice human anatomy more myself.

BBS Signature