New Topic Respond to this Topic
SanFranciscoHolla
SanFranciscoHolla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

What region, state, or city, or even district in the United States do you think is the home to the most stereotyped as materialistic, stuck-up people in the whole nation? Every region, state, city, and neighborhood in the U.S. have their own stereotypes and generalizations, but a lot of people think the people in New England are considered stuck-up for some reason. What do ya think?

Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 07:30 PM Reply

California, those ass-holes.

いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
SanFranciscoHolla
SanFranciscoHolla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 07:30 PM, NightOwlRoost wrote: California, those ass-holes.

How? I live here.

MushookieMan
MushookieMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 07:31 PM, SanFranciscoHolla wrote:
How? I live here.

I live in California as well, and NightOwlRoost is 110% correct, California is full of materialistic fucks.

BBS Signature
SanFranciscoHolla
SanFranciscoHolla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 07:34 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 07:32 PM, MushookieMan wrote:
How? I live here.
I live in California as well, and NightOwlRoost is 110% correct, California is full of materialistic fucks.

Meh, he's right to an extent. But I think it's still a place with a variety of all types of people. A lot of people stereotype the east coast, from Virginia to Maine--the northeast, as being a very materialistic and stuck-up atmosphere, but many parts of CA are like dat too.

Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 07:36 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 07:35 PM, daethdrain wrote: Texas: Everyone is so nice and smart and handsome and successful and happy.

I live there.

いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
VJF
VJF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 07:38 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 07:35 PM, daethdrain wrote: Texas: Everyone is so nice and smart and handsome and successful and happy.

This was my first thought too. I used to live there for awhile (and visit after I moved).

I was also thinking Washington D.C., because of all the politicians and shit.

"I await the sweet release of Death. And I plan to take my enemies with me."---Unknown source.
"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
RyderOmega
RyderOmega
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Filmmaker
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 07:36 PM, NightOwlRoost wrote:
I live there.

I as well. It is so true.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature
krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

My Birthplace

Los Angeles

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
Winrar1337
Winrar1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 08:37 PM Reply

How? I live here.

As a fellow Californian, I concur. I'm one of those materialistic fucks myself though.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

bman200
bman200
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Florida's pretty bad, but I can't stand the New England area. They talk way too fast and aren't very friendly. Well, maybe not all of them, but the majority. Also, that's where New Jersey is, and we all know who lives there.

The statement below this is false.
The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature
SanFranciscoHolla
SanFranciscoHolla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 08:41 PM, bman200 wrote: Florida's pretty bad, but I can't stand the New England area. They talk way too fast and aren't very friendly. Well, maybe not all of them, but the majority. Also, that's where New Jersey is, and we all know who lives there.

New Jersey is a very diverse state with people from all ethnic backgrounds, class incomes, walks of life, etc. Don't need to generalize it..

bman200
bman200
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 08:50 PM, SanFranciscoHolla wrote: New Jersey is a very diverse state with people from all ethnic backgrounds, class incomes, walks of life, etc. Don't need to generalize it..

I'm not saying it's just spray tanned douchebags, but now whenever I hear someone say "New Jersey" I innstantly think Jersey Shore. That's why I don't watch MTV.

The statement below this is false.
The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature
AutisticSpaceCrab
AutisticSpaceCrab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 08:54 PM Reply

Cali-fuckin'-fornia. I wouldn't say they're stuck up though. A lot of people say people in NYC are stuck up, but really it's just us minding our own business.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 09:41 PM Reply

Northern Virginia.I live here and its a major government and military hub.I mean D.C. the seat of power of the free world is half an hour away from.Ok maybe I myself am a little stuck up without noticing it.But when your from a region that is the most educated, and affluent part of the US your bound to act a little arrogant.Right?

IAmCrystalHeights
IAmCrystalHeights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 09:41 PM, SouthAsian wrote: Northern Virginia.I live here and its a major government and military hub.I mean D.C. the seat of power of the free world is half an hour away from.Ok maybe I myself am a little stuck up without noticing it.But when your from a region that is the most educated, and affluent part of the US your bound to act a little arrogant.Right?

I know a Chinese-American girl from there who I talked to online and she's definitely pretty cocky. She lives in a place called Fairfax or something like that.. She goes to the best public high school in the US apparently, and she's just cocky about everything. She's 15. She's cute as hell though but she got pissed off or intimidated by me a while ago. She just acts so materialistic and acts so arrogant about everything, and if that isn't bad enough she's an only child who lives in a very wealthy neighborhood.

But another materialistic place is the LA/Orange County area where the affluent places are, and to some extent, the SF Bay Area.

saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 09:45 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 07:38 PM, VJF wrote:
I was also thinking Washington D.C., because of all the politicians and shit.

Outside of the mainly political center of D.C. is miles of shitty run down houses with poor minorities.

I think of California. LA area, especially. Probably because of the celebrities and the fact LA is a shithole.

BBS Signature
Jeff-Teh-Great
Jeff-Teh-Great
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 09:51 PM Reply

Never been to Cali but Florida's guilty of being materialistic, especially Orlando and Clearwater.

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 10:03 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 09:44 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote:
At 4/28/12 09:41 PM, SouthAsian wrote: Northern Virginia.I live here and its a major government and military hub.I mean D.C. the seat of power of the free world is half an hour away from.Ok maybe I myself am a little stuck up without noticing it.But when your from a region that is the most educated, and affluent part of the US your bound to act a little arrogant.Right?
I know a Chinese-American girl from there who I talked to online and she's definitely pretty cocky. She lives in a place called Fairfax or something like that.. She goes to the best public high school in the US apparently, and she's just cocky about everything. She's 15. She's cute as hell though but she got pissed off or intimidated by me a while ago. She just acts so materialistic and acts so arrogant about everything, and if that isn't bad enough she's an only child who lives in a very wealthy neighborhood.

But another materialistic place is the LA/Orange County area where the affluent places are, and to some extent, the SF Bay Area.

Fairfax county is definitely a place known for its cockiness.I live a little south from there in Prince William County and even we think they can act a little stuck up lol.But its a very nice place, one of the best in the country.The high school your referring to must be Thomas Jefferson high.Yeah they are pretty elite.

Ive always seen California as a really zen relaxed place where everyone is just so nice hahah.

IAmCrystalHeights
IAmCrystalHeights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 10:03 PM, SouthAsian wrote: Fairfax county is definitely a place known for its cockiness.I live a little south from there in Prince William County and even we think they can act a little stuck up lol.But its a very nice place, one of the best in the country.The high school your referring to must be Thomas Jefferson high.Yeah they are pretty elite.

Yeah, that's it. It's like an academy school, but she didn't seem all that smart to me. I mean yeah, really good at academics and does the work, but the way she types or talks to people, she sounds more like a moron and just a hyper stupid teenager who's just totally arrogant most of the time. Is that what this school is like? lol

Ive always seen California as a really zen relaxed place where everyone is just so nice hahah.

Yeah in many ways it is, but there's plenty of stressed out uptight assholes here too

LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

The Midwest. McMansions and credit card debt everywhere!

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 10:07 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: Yeah, that's it. It's like an academy school, but she didn't seem all that smart to me. I mean yeah, really good at academics and does the work, but the way she types or talks to people, she sounds more like a moron and just a hyper stupid teenager who's just totally arrogant most of the time. Is that what this school is like? lol

hahah I cant say for sure all I know is you must be pretty smart to go there.

Yeah in many ways it is, but there's plenty of stressed out uptight assholes here too

oh yeah I can imagine hahaha...I guess its like that everywhere depending on the kind of people.

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 11:15 PM Reply

It' seems to me everybody (mostly females) in California want to be a movie stars or some shish. A lot of people come here just to study acting, and hoes be frontin like they rich, but be broke as shit and barley pay rent.

Fake it till you make it tho I guess

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
IAmCrystalHeights
IAmCrystalHeights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 11:15 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: It' seems to me everybody (mostly females) in California want to be a movie stars or some shish. A lot of people come here just to study acting, and hoes be frontin like they rich, but be broke as shit and barley pay rent.

I live in NorCal and nobody is like this, if any really. You have all your cliques and stuff but nobody is really like that..

All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 11:18 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 10:34 PM, LocoJoe wrote: The Midwest. McMansions and credit card debt everywhere!

By Midwest you mean Johnson County Kansas?

Scarface
Scarface
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 11:33 PM Reply

Not to generalize all of California, I'm sure there are some decent people there, but that sticks out the most, aside from New Jersey. Once again, I'm sure there are decent people here and there, but overall, that just comes to mind.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 11:54 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 10:03 PM, SouthAsian wrote: Fairfax county is definitely a place known for its cockiness.I live a little south from there in Prince William County and even we think they can act a little stuck up lol.But its a very nice place, one of the best in the country.The high school your referring to must be Thomas Jefferson high.Yeah they are pretty elite.

Marin County probably has all of them beat. It's hard to be the most affluent county in the world and not have your fair share of materialistic, stuck-up and self-centered assholes.

IAmCrystalHeights
IAmCrystalHeights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 12:02 AM Reply

At 4/28/12 11:54 PM, Dawnslayer wrote:
Marin County probably has all of them beat. It's hard to be the most affluent county in the world and not have your fair share of materialistic, stuck-up and self-centered assholes.

Marin County definitely has a lot of rich stuck-up type of people, but there's some poor parts of it that even it out. Marin City projects, near Sausalito, is a pretty poor area and it's where Tupac grew up. Tiburon and Mill Valley get those reps of being rich, materialistic types of places. Really beautiful though. A lot of people don't like how white bread that part of Marin County is either.

I myself live in Sonoma County, north of Marin, and it's definitely much different than Marin. It's more mixed and has more poor and low-income people.

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 12:02 AM Reply

How? I live here.

I agree, us North Eastern U.S.ers are a bunch of Pious blokes compared to you guys.

Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Part Of Us With Most Materialistic Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 4/28/12 11:16 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote:
At 4/28/12 11:15 PM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: It' seems to me everybody (mostly females) in California want to be a movie stars or some shish. A lot of people come here just to study acting, and hoes be frontin like they rich, but be broke as shit and barley pay rent.

I live in NorCal and nobody is like this, if any really. You have all your cliques and stuff but nobody is really like that..

I been up in NorCal a few times it's chill up that way, but hang around the Hollywood/Beverley Hills district for a while and spot how many stuck up females you see ! I bet you lose count

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature