00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pat's drawings - feedback wanted.

45,619 Views | 287 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-12 15:53:19

At 5/11/12 11:52 PM, PatBest22 wrote: Summer's coming, I'll get some work done on anatomy. Like I said before, two weeks ago I couldn't draw legs for my life. What I've got now is a considerable improvement, and I will continue to improve.

Alright so I went outside, sat on a rock with my cat and did a little but of anatomy. Improvement is apparent but there are still flaws that need to be improved.
Namely, now that I see it on screen, the figure on the left's left breast is off, and the figure on the right is leaning to the left, which is a mistake I commonly do.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-12 15:58:40

You're so good at drawing bodies! XD
Ever thought of doing a tutorial? I'd definitely use it :D

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-12 16:00:37

At 5/12/12 03:58 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: You're so good at drawing bodies! XD

I'm still in the learning process, there are better people on these very forums to do such a thing, like Template in his "Have Art, will travel" thread.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-12 16:05:33

At 5/12/12 04:00 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
I'm still in the learning process, there are better people on these very forums to do such a thing, like Template in his "Have Art, will travel" thread.

Well you're a billion percent better than me :[
I'm going to start drawing bodies from different references. AND I SHALL IMPROVE! I SWEAR!

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-12 16:07:14

At 5/12/12 04:05 PM, BeckyRawr wrote:
At 5/12/12 04:00 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
Well you're a billion percent better than me :[
I'm going to start drawing bodies from different references. AND I SHALL IMPROVE! I SWEAR!

I could give you an idea of how I go about it, but not right now I'm about to leave for supper at my mother's house.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-12 16:08:55

At 5/12/12 04:07 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
I could give you an idea of how I go about it, but not right now I'm about to leave for supper at my mother's house.

That would be amazing! Thank you ^_^

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-12 16:11:13

At 5/12/12 04:08 PM, BeckyRawr wrote:
At 5/12/12 04:07 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
That would be amazing! Thank you ^_^

I'm gonna tell you right now though, there is a direct link between the armor suits I draw and the anatomy I draw.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-12 16:20:16

At 5/12/12 04:11 PM, PatBest22 wrote:

I'm gonna tell you right now though, there is a direct link between the armor suits I draw and the anatomy I draw.

I'm looking forward to you sharing your wisdom O wise one XD

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-12 23:56:18

At 5/12/12 03:53 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
Namely, now that I see it on screen, the figure on the left's left breast is off, and the figure on the right is leaning to the left, which is a mistake I commonly do.

I'm not so sure about the hips, they don't look muscular enough to my taste, looks more like fat...
Not acceptable.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-13 03:05:09

More than just working on anatomy, gotta be able to use it in more than just a static normal standing pose.

3 Am, the best time to draw, either because your mind is already dreaming and full of inspiration or because your brain is half asleep and you can't tell you're doing it wrong!

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-14 01:19:21

Still trying to move away from manga influences, working on my main character's face to make it look less... well less manga like. Now I'm encountering a problem, do I give her a muscular jaw or keep a thinner jaw similar to the manga style?
HRRRRRNG- can't decide.
Will think about it tomorrow.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-14 01:23:13

On a side note, I find the Kill Bill movies, as well as the video game WET inspirational for a more american drawing style...

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-14 01:37:06

At 5/14/12 01:19 AM, PatBest22 wrote: Still trying to move away from manga influences, working on my main character's face to make it look less... well less manga like. Now I'm encountering a problem, do I give her a muscular jaw or keep a thinner jaw similar to the manga style?
HRRRRRNG- can't decide.

NOPE thought about it tonight - or rather this morning - slight rearrangement of the features and a bit of work on the jaw and I am pleased with the result!

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-14 08:11:40

At 5/14/12 01:37 AM, PatBest22 wrote:
At 5/14/12 01:19 AM, PatBest22 wrote: Still trying to move away from manga influences, working on my main character's face to make it look less... well less manga like. Now I'm encountering a problem, do I give her a muscular jaw or keep a thinner jaw similar to the manga style?
HRRRRRNG- can't decide.
NOPE thought about it tonight - or rather this morning - slight rearrangement of the features and a bit of work on the jaw and I am pleased with the result!

Yea, even though the thinner jaw is manga style, it is how the femine body looks like, meaning the more thin the jaw is, the more femine the person looks like. I mean, all of the male heros ar representer with a wide chin, sometimes it's sticking out really much, but the female heros otherwise have thin, pointy chins, making their facial expressions more femine. So yes, it is a good decision.

My art Thread, prepare to get your eyes burned!

BBS Signature

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-14 10:48:31

At 5/14/12 08:11 AM, NiteCrow wrote:

Yea, even though the thinner jaw is manga style, it is how the femine body looks like, meaning the more thin the jaw is, the more femine the person looks like. I mean, all of the male heros ar representer with a wide chin, sometimes it's sticking out really much, but the female heros otherwise have thin, pointy chins, making their facial expressions more femine. So yes, it is a good decision.

And yet some women have bigger jaws like the one in the first drawing and it's still feminine. To me, it just looks... older.
The face in the first drawing could be in her mid 30's early 40's, while the one in the second drawing looks to be more in her early 20's.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-14 21:29:35

Since the ending in Mass Effect 3 sucked balls, I think I'll be spending the second half of the week making a short comic presenting a much more epic ending...

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-14 22:09:48

I don't get the hubub and whiny people complaining about mass effect three's ending, I thought it was a well thought epic ending fit for such a great series

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-14 22:49:10

At 5/14/12 10:09 PM, EnactJudo wrote: I don't get the hubub and whiny people complaining about mass effect three's ending, I thought it was a well thought epic ending fit for such a great series

Everyone just wants the option to - SPOILER ALERT - punch the catalyst in the face and beat the Reapers into atomic dust.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-16 20:18:24

So yeah, mass effect comic, coming maybe.

Background is obviously not my work.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-16 20:42:40

You're the best, PatBest!

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-16 20:59:29

At 5/16/12 08:54 PM, bigCman321 wrote:
I like this face a lot, you should continue on it. Also on the topic of strong jaws, I personally think a strong jaw can be sexy. Olivia Wilde is a good example.
[/img]http://karlasugar.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Olivi a-Wilde-Golden-Globes.jpg[img]

Oh there's no doubt a strong jaw can be sexy on the right woman, I'm just not sure I want one on this character. I'm not sure it represents her correctly as opposed to a thinner, pointier jaw.

Also, I will definitely continue with that face.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-27 01:44:37

...having been absent from these forums for over a week I started working on a RAWR I'M BACK piece when my tablet crapped out on me.

The cursor no longer follows the pen tip and none of the buttons respond when I press them.

Obviously I will be consulting the help and information pages on the product website but this forum is filled with people who use tablets and may have encountered this before and may know a solution. It's a Cintiq 24HD, if that's relevant.

Now I'm off to restart my computer to see if that does anything.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-27 01:53:38

Nevermind, computer restart did the trick. Software problem relative to my PC then, not the Tablet.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-30 22:29:49

Did stuff to keep my skills up to speed, not exactly what I had planned but here it is WIP.

Legs and hands still giving me trouble. Now that I look at it, the right hand seems much too small even as a closed fist.

Shading will be done later.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-05-30 22:38:42

At 5/30/12 10:29 PM, PatBest22 wrote: Did stuff to keep my skills up to speed, not exactly what I had planned but here it is WIP.

Legs and hands still giving me trouble. Now that I look at it, the right hand seems much too small even as a closed fist.

Shading will be done later.

Looking at it now, the legs seem too small, the cheekbone is too large and the jaw is off.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-06-01 12:41:55

Did that shading today, while also fixing ( or trying to fix ) the problems I noted before.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-06-05 20:08:03

This is a WIP, to be part of a larger drawing. I'd really appreciate anyone pointing out flaws in the current anatomy before I put any more work into it, like put clothes, hair and color over it all and it becomes much more difficult to fix.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-06-05 21:02:36

At 6/5/12 08:08 PM, PatBest22 wrote: This is a WIP, to be part of a larger drawing. I'd really appreciate anyone pointing out flaws in the current anatomy before I put any more work into it, like put clothes, hair and color over it all and it becomes much more difficult to fix.

Fucking awesome xD
Only crit i can really give is the hands look a lil small. And the legs/waist. But it's a good style like that xD so it's not really crit haha.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-06-05 21:15:30

At 6/5/12 09:02 PM, BeckyRawr wrote:
At 6/5/12 08:08 PM, PatBest22 wrote: This is a WIP, to be part of a larger drawing. I'd really appreciate anyone pointing out flaws in the current anatomy before I put any more work into it, like put clothes, hair and color over it all and it becomes much more difficult to fix.
Fucking awesome xD
Only crit i can really give is the hands look a lil small. And the legs/waist. But it's a good style like that xD so it's not really crit haha.

Thanks!
I half expected someone to tell me the hands would look too small, I'll try and make them slightly larger to see the result.

As for the legs and waist, could you elaborate on what looks wrong to you? Right now the waist, where the upper body merges with the lower body, is what I'm having the most trouble with.

Response to Pat's drawings - feedback wanted. 2012-06-05 21:28:49

At 6/5/12 09:15 PM, PatBest22 wrote:
Thanks!
I half expected someone to tell me the hands would look too small, I'll try and make them slightly larger to see the result.

As for the legs and waist, could you elaborate on what looks wrong to you? Right now the waist, where the upper body merges with the lower body, is what I'm having the most trouble with.

I'm the same, so it's hard to explain. It might actually just be the line coming down from the end of her rips to her stomach. I think it comes too far down.