New Topic Respond to this Topic
somescreamokid
somescreamokid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Flash Cs3 Audio Problems Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 01:13 PM Reply

Just so you know, I put the audio for my animation in a new layer and all of that. The problem, however, is when I want to playback the audio with the animation. When I want to stop the playback by pressing enter for the second time, the audio will keep going and wont stop, but the animation will. Is there a way to stop both of them when I want to? This is a huge problem considering I'm lip syncing right now.
Also since I'm here already, is there a way to make the audio quality better once it's in Flash? It kinda sucks when I watch a preview of the animation.

th1rt3en
th1rt3en
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Flash Cs3 Audio Problems Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 01:13 PM, somescreamokid wrote: Just so you know, I put the audio for my animation in a new layer and all of that. The problem, however, is when I want to playback the audio with the animation. When I want to stop the playback by pressing enter for the second time, the audio will keep going and wont stop, but the animation will. Is there a way to stop both of them when I want to? This is a huge problem considering I'm lip syncing right now.
Also since I'm here already, is there a way to make the audio quality better once it's in Flash? It kinda sucks when I watch a preview of the animation.

Click on a frame with the audio and look over at the properties window/bar. Look for a drop down box that should be set to "Event". Change it to "Stream". This will sync the playback audio with how you see it on your timeline.

Yeroon
Yeroon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Cs3 Audio Problems Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 10:25 AM Reply

At 4/28/12 01:13 PM, somescreamokid wrote: Also since I'm here already, is there a way to make the audio quality better once it's in Flash? It kinda sucks when I watch a preview of the animation.

go to File>Publication Settings>Flash and change both 'audiostream' and 'audio event*' to the following:
(*could be named different! I have the Dutch version so i'm translating :p)

Bitspeed: 128 kbps
Quality: best

and deselect the checkbox that says: "convert stereo to mono"

that should give you way beter sound quality

somescreamokid
somescreamokid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Cs3 Audio Problems Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 07:23 PM Reply

Thanks guys!