New Topic Respond to this Topic
TomKR
TomKR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Concept art needed Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 11:35 PM Reply

Hi! I'm trying to get a short film project started and I need help with designing an alien creature.
First, here is a quick synopsis of the plot:

"A group of teenagers witnes an alien craft crashing in the forest on their way home from the lake. They go to investigate and is confronted by a lifeform able to mimic human appearance. They are hunted by this alien creature all the while a shady man dressed in black is hunting down the creature. "

Not to original, but I wrote this back in 2007 and want to get this shot soon.
I did a rough drawing myself, but I want someone with better skills than myself to help me further enhance this. I want the creature to look simple, yet alien and dangerous. Maybe not scary, but I want it to look creepy. I imagine the creature as a sort of a chameleon, able to take on the appearance of a human, the illusion may be seen through if you get to close to the creature. I also have to be able to make the costume with limited budget all the while making it look believable.

If somebody has the ability to draw reallistic looking drawings, I would love to get your help on this. I can't offer much money, but I'll gladly pay for services rendered. name your price and we'll go from there.

Here you will see a drawing I did, I want the body to look more slender, maybe a have some details you won't see on a human, maybe make the eyes meaner looking, the reason it doesn't have a mouth is because it doesnt communicate verbally. You can't see it in the drawing, but maybe it has some claws on hands and feet.

Concept art needed

CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Concept art needed Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 11:44 PM Reply

Can you give a little more information on the creature? Like how tall it's meant to be, how heavy, its abilities. I know this sounds like a lot of unnecessary info, but it plays a big role in design, especially if you want a realistic one.

TomKR
TomKR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Concept art needed Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 12:06 AM Reply

At 4/27/12 11:44 PM, CypressDahlia wrote: Can you give a little more information on the creature? Like how tall it's meant to be, how heavy, its abilities. I know this sounds like a lot of unnecessary info, but it plays a big role in design, especially if you want a realistic one.

Well its meant to be played by a man in a suit so, about average height, slender build, abilities mentioned in the scripts are, shapeshifting (into human form), it's quite nimble and can pounce at unsuspecting victims, it uses it's claws, telepathic abilities (may be able to project images into it's victims heads), rapid healing.

I think thats about it.

CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Concept art needed Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 12:08 AM Reply

Oh so you're building the costume from scratch? Hmm that's pretty heavy info cuz now the concept is limited to general human anatomy and it's on a budget. How much do you plan to spend on the costume (so you don't get any super crazy designs that are unaffordable to build)?

TomKR
TomKR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Concept art needed Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 12:15 AM Reply

At 4/28/12 12:08 AM, CypressDahlia wrote: Oh so you're building the costume from scratch? Hmm that's pretty heavy info cuz now the concept is limited to general human anatomy and it's on a budget. How much do you plan to spend on the costume (so you don't get any super crazy designs that are unaffordable to build)?

well a mask i can mold and shape, I can get a body suit and attach any detail onto that. I wan't it to look simple, not overly detailed, but at the same time alien. I don't have a big budget, but I figure if there is something that needs to look good, its the creature. It won't be seen that many time in it's true shape though. I would rather stay under 350 USD, but we'll see.

Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Concept art needed Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 09:07 AM Reply

So i made a sketch...
For some money i could make a couple of more of these.
For more money i could detail it out, add patterns, do 360 views and detail shots of parts.

Concept art needed

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Concept art needed Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 10:00 AM Reply

At 4/28/12 09:07 AM, Flowers10 wrote: So i made a sketch...
For more money i could detail it out, add patterns, do 360 views and detail shots of parts.

looks alot like lizard from the new amazing spiderman movie

TomKR
TomKR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Concept art needed Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 05:43 AM Reply

At 4/28/12 09:07 AM, Flowers10 wrote: So i made a sketch...

Looks neat, but I don't feel it looks creepy enough, also I imagined it communicating telepathichically so not sure the mouth is necessary. If you are interested in doing some more work, how much do you charge and what are your terms? send me a private message.