• 85 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Trapex
Trapex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:12 AM Reply

I'm usually able to control myself. The most I've ever really done is just drop my PS3 controller to the floor. Not throwing it either; just dropping it. A more recent example of when I ALMOST threw the controller into my TV screen was when I was playing through FFXII for the first time ($20 at my local Walmart---thank you God).

SpartanBunny
SpartanBunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:52 AM Reply

when i was little i had broken a controller or two. i would slam my fist on a nearby desk or something to the point where i'd fuck up my hand
i get really pissed off at games, but i grew up and learned to control it
although sometimes i'll yell to intimidate my pc, that's good though because it's how i remind it of who's really in control

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:57 AM Reply

Some of you seem to have anger management issues.

I just take a break and let the rage dissipate.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
EisUndStahl
EisUndStahl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:33 AM Reply

I destroyed my Gameboy with a Shotgun.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:40 AM Reply

I never break things myself, I do get annoyed at times but breaking things would only make me more annoyed.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Pa4oo
Pa4oo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 03:19 PM Reply

I like to keep my rage to a minimum,most of the time.But when I get pisst,this happens...KAAABOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Breaking stuff over video game rage

Alphabetetical
Alphabetetical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 03:46 PM Reply

Considering how many times I threw my PS3 controller, I had honestly come to believe it was fucking invincible. Then I threw it one last time, and the wire connecting the battery to the circuit board broke. Shit's like circuit boards and wires encased in Quikrete.

Lolthread
Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature
ProfessorNode
ProfessorNode
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:28 AM Reply

Being an employee at a LAN Cafe' I see some pretty hard rage.
And a lot of the time it's hero's of Newearth's fault!

I've had people have to pay for replaced keyboards once or twice due to "Rage Tax" and don't get me started on how often people slam the mice or shake the monitor with frustration.

The harshest memory I have of anything that happened in the store on my watch was a guy who literally smashed his head on the keyboard so hard he knocked himself unconscious briefly and may have possibly concussed himself (he left in a huff).
By some miracle the keyboard was fine ; D

BBS Signature
sharpnova
sharpnova
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Jul. 3rd, 2012 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 11:19 PM, Ta-kun wrote:

<snipped>

For god's sake, L2<br>

Anyway,

I got raged at Super Meat Boy and Bit Trip Runner a few times. Even had some rage at Mario Galaxy (I wasn't 1/10 the platformer back then that I am now)

I never actually had the stupidity to throw or damage anything though. OK a couple times I'd slam my fist on my arm wrest. But I'd rather not damage my property. It's just because I know the arm wrest can take it.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

PikachuGunner
PikachuGunner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 02:17 AM Reply

Dunno if this counts...trying to S rank everything in Trauma Center...have X3 (Triti) and Infection and Sixth Sin (Paraskevi), and Final Sin and X7 (Savato) left. Was wanting to finish Triti off once and for all. I got pissed enough that I stabbed the DS stylus...enough into the side of my head to make blood soon run down my cheek. Blocking the slight puncture wound with one hand and a wad of toilet paper right now. I'm afraid to see if it dried yet or not.

This post is property of PikachuGunner, a.k.a. Tanara Kuranov

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 06:51 AM Reply

I've never really broken anything before. I've been close though, but I've always been able to hold my anger back.

RazorHawk
RazorHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 11:10 AM Reply

I've never busted anything over rage. At worst, I'll say things like "that's a lot of crap" or "what the hell" to myself. And every now and then, if things just go from bad to worse, I'll just quit and try again later. And I notice most of this occurs while playing with other people online and it's simply clear they've been playing longer than I have or just have an incredible reaction time that I don't. For that, I appreciate KillCams. There are times when I really wonder how the hell someone killed me, and watching the KillCam usually does help it make more sense. To you, it make seem like they shot you through a wall, but then you watch the KillCam and see your head was sticking out a bit, or they nailed you just a second before you made it to cover.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature
Jetdrive
Jetdrive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 02:06 PM Reply

Snapped the stands on my keyboard(Fists can do quite the damage) getting pissed at hackers on BF3, but I'm generally tame otherwise.

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 05:41 AM Reply

Back in the day I destroyed my copy of Call of Duty 2 by getting too excitable during an intense Capture the Flag match and accidentally kicking over the Xbox, which burned a hole in the disc.

Twice.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Angel's Egg (Oshii, 1985, Japan) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 02:06 PM, Jetdrive wrote: Snapped the stands on my keyboard(Fists can do quite the damage) getting pissed at hackers on BF3, but I'm generally tame otherwise.

Why would you pound the keyboard? Pounding the desk would be a better idea.

Adverie
Adverie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 09:33 AM Reply

Alot of keyboard smashing.

TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 03:30 PM Reply

Get pissed her and there, not so much in the last few years. I did manage to break my DualShock by spiking it on the ground, then was even more pissed I fucked up my controller. Ignorant move considering it was a 50 buck controller. Some times you just gotta walk away, or do something to relive the rage. I go and lift everyday and it helps a ton not just with games but also the everyday stress and anger I have. So next time you get super pissed at a game drop, and do 4 sets of 40 push-ups. That will defiantly calm your shit down.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

At 4/28/12 09:16 AM, Coop wrote: 10-20 press ups later, I catch my breath and try again, so I've learned to control it.

That's a good idea.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Jetdrive
Jetdrive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 9/13/12 07:22 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
At 9/12/12 02:06 PM, Jetdrive wrote: Snapped the stands on my keyboard(Fists can do quite the damage) getting pissed at hackers on BF3, but I'm generally tame otherwise.
Why would you pound the keyboard? Pounding the desk would be a better idea.

It was the only thing that was directly infront of me... XD

(I'm too lazy to move my arms or keyboard out of the way)

Steff
Steff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 10:47 AM Reply

The worst I've done (and remember) is probably a light keyboard smash, since I don't take video games too seriously.
Some things can piss me off real bad, but I usually just chill.

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 02:37 AM Reply

Nah, I haven't, lol, but you guys should really watch Angry German Kid!

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
You popped her tit!

BBS Signature
MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 05:14 AM Reply

At 4/30/12 06:02 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: No. I'm not gonna take my own anger on my possessions and break them because I'm mad that the fact I lost countless times. I just get over it and try again. Its really funny to see people do it and realize they are a complete idiot for doing it. Like this guy for an example.

I wonder how he got that big hole in the wall? Probably shoved his fist into it.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
Fisplen
Fisplen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 11:28 AM Reply

Very rarely do I get to the point where I have broken something I've only done that twice , both times I threw my PS3 controller at the wall , I didn't break the controller itself , but I broke part of the exterior protecting the inside , and because of that it got to the point after a few months where my back buttons couldn't work , so I had to get a new controller.
Moral of the story : CONTROL YOUR RAGE.

'' Love is like a magnet , with most magnets repelling each other , however one day You will find that dodgy magnet that doesn't repel , one that sticks to You forever ''
Me

Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

In an earlier time, my younger brother screwed up an analog stick and the X button from throwing a PS2 controller on the ground.
Apparently, Battlefront II does things to a person. Or maybe it was me making fun of him for something about his play.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 07:42 PM Reply

Call of duty used to upset me because I hated losing/doing poorly

Granted I didn't break anything over it but I got pretty angry at it at times. You can probably understand why I moved on from that series a couple years ago. Too much frustration plus the fact the games felt the same every year.

JoeyButler
JoeyButler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Programmer
Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

When I was fighting Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls it took me over 40 attempts to defeat them. I broke my block button by squeezing it hard, and it happened right when I beat them.