00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Breaking stuff over video game rage

9,358 Views | 76 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ever broken something in a fit of rage or just got really angry because of a game?

I was playing Phantom Hourglass on my DS, trying to beat the final boss. There is a part where you have to draw an hourglass and for whatever reason I just couldn't do it in time or correctly. I stabbed my stylus into the screen a few hundred times (The stylus tip was a nub after that lol) and ripped the top layer of the touch screen off. Turned out I had a warranty on it and just claimed that the screen protector took the screen off and got a brand new one hahaha.

Controller wise, i threw one at my sister, she was making fun of me because i was getting mad at crash bandicoot. Luckily controllers were wired then, i missed and it just mashed down on the hardwood floor. And i've thrown a PS3 controller in the air and swatted it sideways as it came down (haha what?) it smashed on the wall and fucked up one of the analog sticks.

Considering what i've done, I'd love to hear if you guys have done anything crazy like this!

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-27 23:13:59

I try not to get to pissed off, but I've thrown my PS3 controllers plenty of times, luckily its never messed up any of the analog sticks. It's like a dinosaur in my opinion, nothing can break it.

Gawd. I hate my NG username.

PSN: ChewyOwnz

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-27 23:19:35

The game I was playing was Dead Space 2 doing my last Achievement "Beat Hardcore Mode" and you pretty much have to go through everything with only using 3 saves throughout the entire game. After playing it for the other modes I pretty much had everything memorized and was doing all right, but holy hell the creatures were unforgivably hard. I just sucked it all up and used my last save at the last chapter right when your about to go and fight the last boss. At this point the game is so damn broken, I couldn't stand seeing my guy dying over and over again by these godly creatures who pretty much 2 hits and you gotta do it all over again. I was already up till 3-4am can't really remember but I kept getting anxious and angry because each time I would get closer to the last boss fight a creature would kick my ass and it was like that for a good solid 5 hours. Till I snapped when I did get to the boss other than the creatures were kicking my ass by getting there the boss is pretty broken especially me with a Med.Health and a Large.Health. I reached her and died right when I had to finish her off by her surrounding herds I ripped my headset apart from my head and threw my controller with full force at the wall and it bounced back and hit my screen just as hard giving me a huge crack on it. I stomped to my light switch and slapped my hand down to turn off the light and just laid on my bed with a pillow over my head I was so angry that night that I didn't care what damage happened to my screen. It was a good thing I had warranty on it or my dad would have killed me for destroying it. (So I got a new one before he even noticed.)That was the ONLY time I couldn't control myself when I played a video game.

"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty. . . It's all the same once yer dead! And a corpse can't laugh."

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-27 23:20:17

I've never done anything like that over a video game. If it stops being fun and just gets irritating, I pause it and go do something else for a while or turn the game off altogether. Who wants to be angry at a game? They're supposed to be entertaining and fun.

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-27 23:21:37

Three Gameboys, 1 DS lite, 2 PSPs, 1 copy of MW2, 1 Guitar Hero controller, 2 Xbox controllers, 1 pair of Turtle Beach's, 1 copy of Halo 3. Yea, I get pissed a lot.

HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. funny guy over here, look at 'im.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-27 23:33:33

Ive gotten pissed off at games plenty of times, but ive been able to hold in my rage so i dont break anything luckily

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 05:52:43

I personally never had an experience like that.But I have witnessed a similar situation.I was in a friend's house who was playing cod.I don't remember whether it was playing campaign or multiplayer.I was just watching him.Suddenly gets killed.He was so pissed off.He threw the controler on the ground. Another rage action of him was while playing one of the first missions in Assassin's Creed he couldn't complete that mission in which ezio has to beat his brother on raceto the top of a church. Again he was pissed off.He took the disc out and broke it.After describing me this,I fell down laughing.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 06:41:45

I honestly can't think of breaking a single thing due to video game rage. I don't get angry playing games all that often, but if I do it usually just results in me banging my fist down on the arm rest of my chair or swearing at the TV. There has been a few times that I've wanted to throw the controller at the TV, but I have enough self control not to do something that stupid.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 09:03:32

I've damaged a few 360 controllers and obliterated several PS1/PS2 controllers when I was younger. I also broke a PSP, but I can't remember if that was due to rage, clumsiness or both.

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 09:16:26

At 4/27/12 10:58 PM, 7794 wrote: Ever broken something in a fit of rage or just got really angry because of a game?

Yeah, I used to do it all of the time - I went through about a dozen PS2 controllers, because of various things going wrong. None of them could be played without something rattling around inside them. Fortunately, I managed to trade them back in to computer shops for games, after buying a new controller...

I've thrown the Wii mote a few times, though the silicon case tends to absorb the damage. I throw controllers towards pillows now, as opposed to the floor. 10-20 press ups later, I catch my breath and try again, so I've learned to control it.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 13:55:21

One PS3 controller : Ripped the trigger out and threw it at my basement wall because of infamous. Fuck.
Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar: Couldnt beat the last song in the story thing (Forget the name) and smashed the fucker against the ground lol.
Xbox 360 controller: Trying to beat some insanely hard game and i ended up bashing the controller in the ground and took a baseball bat to it.

I might have anger issues.

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 14:04:56

I've squeezed controllers tons of times, and i've slammed down various controllers on beds and couches. Nothing major though, thankfully the beds are soft so the controllers just bounce.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 15:08:40

I broke my PSP.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 15:29:44

I dunno, seems pretty pathetic to me. It's a video game, what are you losing your shit for? If that's how you react when you're entertaining yourself then how do you act in real life situations? Sure I've been frustrated at games before, but how hard is it to pause for a second and realize that you're about to break something that you own, that will cost money to replace? Use some common sense and punch a pillow or something if you're that annoyed.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 16:24:26

I threw my internet modem because it would stop working everytime someone called, I didn't even have dial up. Other than that I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 18:07:20

I threw my DS stylus once and lost it because I was frustrated with Super Monkey Ball. I've also stabbed down into the touch screen hard and scratched it, luckily never broke the actual DS though. I've also thrown a 360 controller against a wall before, can't remember what game it was (might have been Call of Duty: WaW - thats the most frustrating campaign I've ever played.)

I've also slammed my headset down a few times playing Battlefield. I just can't stand that Russian motherfucker whining at you every time you're losing a round. "YOU ARE RUSSIANS FOR FUCKS SAKE. GET IT TOGETHER. FOR RUSSIA. THEY ARE WINNING. WE ARE LOSING." And who can forget "THE ENEMY HAS SET THE CHARGE." That just pisses me off.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 18:47:00

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 19:14:25

At 4/28/12 06:47 PM, Eddmario wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac58mZyXmks&feature=related

I think I can beat that, with a classic :P

Angry German Kid

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 19:26:19

At 4/28/12 07:14 PM, Coop wrote:
At 4/28/12 06:47 PM, Eddmario wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac58mZyXmks&feature=related

Angry German Kid

I win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU7tMKeiixQ

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 19:28:57

I can't play Left 4 dead 2 or Halo 3 when I'm tired/had a bad day, I'm less tolerate of peoples shit online and momentarily unpleasant IRL.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 22:15:53

I have Broken well over 10 Controllers for PS1 and PS2 combined

and 1 GBA though i don't think it was my fault since it just broke after 1 week and i used a warranty to get another one for free.

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 22:25:03

At 4/28/12 07:26 PM, II2none wrote:
At 4/28/12 07:14 PM, Coop wrote:

Angry German Kid
I win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU7tMKeiixQ

this boy broke his friendship. And his chances of getting laid.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 22:40:08

At 4/28/12 10:15 PM, f12guy wrote: I have Broken well over 10 Controllers for PS1 and PS2 combined

Dude, thats just sad,

QOTW:

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 22:49:39

At 4/28/12 10:40 PM, II2none wrote:
At 4/28/12 10:15 PM, f12guy wrote: I have Broken well over 10 Controllers for PS1 and PS2 combined
Dude, thats just sad,

Iv'e never broken a controller but as a kid I was abusive to them.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 23:15:41

Playing Pokemon XD I kept losing this one battle then wasted a Master Ball so I bit the GameCube controller wire and it tore through the protective cover.

Got angry at my Wii while I was playing either NBA something or Guitar Hero and chucked the Wii remote at my closet door and fucked it up pretty bad.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 23:35:24

At 4/28/12 09:42 PM, dread2760 wrote: One time I was so angry, I threw a ham sandwich I was eating at the television.

Hahaha that's amazing.

Thanks guys shit i'm glad i'm not the only one without some self control.

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-28 23:37:20

i smashed my head through my gameboy when i was five years old after i lost. but other than that, ive always kept my cool.

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-29 04:00:34

I never broke anything. I can say I have chucked my controller on the couch but not hard enough to mess it up. I did throw one on the ground as a kid but I am lucky it didn't break.

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-29 11:22:07

i broke my hand once

Response to Breaking stuff over video game rage 2012-04-29 12:31:22

I used to get really mad at games a lot when I was younger. I've broken two keyboards, three mice, and a Sim City CD. I don't even know why I broke the CD, I wasn't playing Sim City at the time. But I will never game with a wireless mouse again; it's too tempting to just throw it like a baseball.

I will, however, throw anything that's not tied down if I play Mario Kart Wii with strangers on Wifi. That game is infuriating.