Please vote Obama. lol

Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 04:06:41 Reply

At 4/27/12 01:19 AM, Feoric wrote: here's who voted yea or nay (broken down by district). any ron paul supporters here care to explain to me why he refused to cast his vote?

Frickin' A...all the representatives for Washington voted 'aye' (save my representative who didn't vote - probably too busy running for governor), in equal numbers Democrat and Republican. Do they know something about this bill that I don't?

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 09:10:58 Reply

At 4/27/12 04:06 AM, Dawnslayer wrote: Do they know something about this bill that I don't?

Yes, namely how much they got out lobbied or how sweet the price of their vote is.

TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 11:09:03 Reply

At 4/27/12 01:19 AM, Feoric wrote: here's who voted yea or nay (broken down by district). any ron paul supporters here care to explain to me why he refused to cast his vote?

The only explanation I can bring up is that he's busy with the Presidential Campaign.

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
JGL096
JGL096
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 11:39:26 Reply

SHUT UP, YOU FUCKIN' BRONY!

Newgrounds Forever! / Comment my userpage, bitch! / Add me as fan :3

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 11:47:27 Reply

At 4/27/12 11:09 AM, TNT wrote: The only explanation I can bring up is that he's busy with the Presidential Campaign.

haha, yeah, okay.

Internet freedom is over for US.

TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 11:53:55 Reply

At 4/27/12 11:47 AM, Feoric wrote:
At 4/27/12 11:09 AM, TNT wrote: The only explanation I can bring up is that he's busy with the Presidential Campaign.
haha, yeah, okay.

All it shows that he opposes the bill according to his twitter account.

This is why he did not vote for or against this bill.

BBS Signature
TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 11:54:55 Reply

At 4/27/12 11:53 AM, TNT wrote:
At 4/27/12 11:47 AM, Feoric wrote:
haha, yeah, okay.
All it shows that he opposes the bill according to his twitter account.

This is why he did not vote for or against this bill.

A better link to back the previous source.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 11:55:50 Reply

At 4/27/12 11:53 AM, TNT wrote: This is why he did not vote for or against this bill.

well he sure did a good thing speaking to this crowd of 6,000 college kids instead of voting no against this atrocious bill, i guess

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 11:58:42 Reply

I can see it coming...changes are coming slow and we cannot understand it.

Internet freedom is over for US.

Bitte Nazi mods keine bannerino, weil ich ein Nazi Schwein als ihr bin. Danke schön!

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:00:20 Reply

At 4/27/12 11:57 AM, Protagonist wrote: Like his vote mattered

that's the spirit!

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:02:52 Reply

People on here paranoid idiotically about thing that should happen. CISPA, Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act is a bill to protect US fate.

"OMFG it's another SOPA!" Calm down you lunatic bronies.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:07:19 Reply

Canada, the land of the free

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:08:59 Reply

At 4/27/12 12:02 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: CISPA, Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act is a bill to protect US fate.

Really? I don't see how Facebook making the determination as to what information they share with other people can be a good thing...or any other company, for that matter.

tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:11:15 Reply

At 4/27/12 11:39 AM, JoaoGabriel wrote: SHUT UP, YOU FUCKIN' BRONY!

You do know that half of us here are bronies... ya racist

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:12:24 Reply

You do know that half of us here are bronies... ya racist

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:15:19 Reply

At 4/27/12 12:08 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 4/27/12 12:02 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: CISPA, Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act is a bill to protect US fate.
Really? I don't see how Facebook making the determination as to what information they share with other people can be a good thing...or any other company, for that matter.

In London riot, criminals and rioters used technology such as Facebook and Blackberry to spread the actions. Or terrorist recruit use Internet to spread their fanatical. Chinese use cyber attacks to steal information and threaten lives of many other.

Ask yourself, if we can prevent all these by stepping a few steps ahead of going-to-happen events; could we prevent them? Answer is definitely yes.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:21:06 Reply

At 4/27/12 12:15 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: In London riot, criminals and rioters used technology such as Facebook and Blackberry to spread the actions. Or terrorist recruit use Internet to spread their fanatical. Chinese use cyber attacks to steal information and threaten lives of many other.

Ask yourself, if we can prevent all these by stepping a few steps ahead of going-to-happen events; could we prevent them? Answer is definitely yes.

Good lord how awful it must be to honestly believe something like this. What on earth does youtube and facebook giving your private information to the government without your permission and going against the EULA you agreed to have to do with chinese cyber warfare? How do chinese hackers threaten my life/your? Do you honestly believe that intelligence agencies are incapable of finding credible threats on the internet without this piece of legislation? You really think the next terrorist attack is being planned on fucking facebook? The plans are being uploaded to youtube? Get outta here man.

Silverdust
Silverdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:31:34 Reply

At 4/27/12 12:15 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: Ask yourself, if we can prevent all these by stepping a few steps ahead of going-to-happen events; could we prevent them? Answer is definitely yes.

Absolutely not. There is no way to prevent future crime as long as humans exist in society. People who wish to do harm will find a way to do harm. September 11th, for example, could NOT have been prevented given the unbelievable failure on the part of people despite a near-flawless network of security.

Giving the government power such as this does not help us - in fact, it puts us at risk for more damaging events. What happens if the government's memory servers are hacked? It's obviously possible and has been demonstrated by freelance black-hats for years. Moreover, how could you trust the current string of administrations when it has been proven time and time again that they lie, deceive, and manipulate us in order to gain more power?

It is a shame that so many people buy into this garbage. There is no such thing as protection from "terrorism". Preventative measures are possible; but monopolizing and controlling all information that is shared freely is surely not included as a viable or wise option. I can't believe you would suggest so.

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9
"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:38:24 Reply

At 4/27/12 12:21 PM, Feoric wrote: Good lord how awful it must be to honestly believe something like this.

Believing ain't an answer, sonny.

What on earth does youtube and facebook giving your private information to the government without your permission and going against the EULA you agreed to have to do with chinese cyber warfare?

We know the whole world is using the Internet? Btw, perhaps Bernes-Lee invented the WWW and brag about internet freedom; but he did not invent the first deep net that they called ARPA-NET. We got the enemy in our hands using our own system: the Net. Why not control it now, or never?

How do chinese hackers threaten my life/your?

Wake up sonny. NG suffered DdoS before with a small amount of botnets. Don't you remember? It isn't just 'we are maintaining'. Watch what ya said. Power line, hospital, gas station, administrative systems and so on suffer massive and gigantic hacks and Denial of service can bring US back to Dark Age.

Hollywood ain't take shits anymore. It's reality. Time to face the way.

Do you honestly believe that intelligence agencies are incapable of finding credible threats on the internet without this piece of legislation?

They are not incapable but immovable without public approve. I can illegally find your real-time location through IP/MAC interception but illegal is illegal. Why don't I ask for permission first? It will slow me down. I should make my illegal acts become legalized acts then?

You really think the next terrorist attack is being planned on fucking facebook? The plans are being uploaded to youtube?

It's could be in anywhere. Anytime. US always have enemy. Vigilant is necessary.

Get outta here man.

Nice way to lose your main points. Good luck with your dreams. Even with or without CISPA, you are still being watched. And of course, I have the capacity to find you SIN. Ask you best friend Google. You think they oppose CISPA? Wrong move.

Good day.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:38:37 Reply

At 4/27/12 12:31 PM, Silverdust wrote: September 11th, for example, could NOT have been prevented given the unbelievable failure on the part of people despite a near-flawless network of security.

The rest of your post is great, but this is actually wrong. Everyone should read at least the first 35 pages to see just how needlessly complicated and broken our security network really was at the time.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 12:50:26 Reply

What on earth does youtube and facebook giving your private information to the government without your permission and going against the EULA you agreed to have to do with chinese cyber warfare?
We know the whole world is using the Internet? Btw, perhaps Bernes-Lee invented the WWW and brag about internet freedom; but he did not invent the first deep net that they called ARPA-NET. We got the enemy in our hands using our own system: the Net. Why not control it now, or never?

Okay uhh what does the deepnet or arpanet have to do with cispa? You really think intelligence agencies don't know about this? Why does it require legislation that gives immense power to the department of homeland security? You think agencies and departments like the DOJ or DHS is incapable of building a case file simply because the case in question involves a website? Why does this require complete control over the internet?

How do chinese hackers threaten my life/your?
Wake up sonny. NG suffered DdoS before with a small amount of botnets. Don't you remember? It isn't just 'we are maintaining'. Watch what ya said. Power line, hospital, gas station, administrative systems and so on suffer massive and gigantic hacks and Denial of service can bring US back to Dark Age.

lmao, first of all I really like how you're trying to be really condescending with your false idea that you're so much more enlightened than the rest of us. You dont even know you're making a parody of yourself, do you? Anyway, what the hell does newgrounds getting ddosed have to do with the security of my life, lmao.

Hollywood ain't take shits anymore. It's reality. Time to face the way.

I think this guy listens to alex jones, what do you guys think?

They are not incapable but immovable without public approve. I can illegally find your real-time location through IP/MAC interception but illegal is illegal. Why don't I ask for permission first? It will slow me down. I should make my illegal acts become legalized acts then?

Since fucking when does the fbi/cia/doj/dhs/america care about legality? Good lord dude.

It's could be in anywhere. Anytime. US always have enemy. Vigilant is necessary.

Absolutely. Bills like this add enemies.

Nice way to lose your main points. Good luck with your dreams. Even with or without CISPA, you are still being watched. And of course, I have the capacity to find you SIN. Ask you best friend Google. You think they oppose CISPA? Wrong move.

1) thanks. 2) i know. 3) they don't oppose because the lawmakers changed the wording of sopa so that they wouldn't oppose it. duh. this isn't rocket science.

Good day.

Beautiful day, in fact! 23 C here.

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 13:06:48 Reply

At 4/27/12 12:50 PM, Feoric wrote: Okay uhh what does the deepnet or arpanet have to do with cispa?

ARPANET is the root of the Internet. It's still there. You may think the DNS root is somewhere in public. Too bad that you and your Anonymous skiddie friends are too dumb to know that it is not.

You really think intelligence agencies don't know about this? Why does it require legislation that gives immense power to the department of homeland security?

They knew, but they don't have enough manpower to prevent things happen. Stopping a cyber attack from uncertain sources isn't like playing game, bro. Shits like EFF prevents talented hackers from joining forces with the government.

You think agencies and departments like the DOJ or DHS is incapable of building a case file simply because the case in question involves a website?

Look up Titan Rain and Ghostnet. Oh wait, http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2137418/sykipot-tro jan-targets-dod-smart-cards

Why does this require complete control over the internet?

They don't have good timing. Like I said, uncertain sources. The public information and sources from you guys give them ahead of timing.

lmao, first of all I really like how you're trying to be really condescending with your false idea that you're so much more enlightened than the rest of us. You dont even know you're making a parody of yourself, do you?

;) I promise you; shits are gonna be proven, soon. With or without my words. It ain't 2012 doomsday so I'm sure I can happen a couple of times.

It is useless to argue with a nonsensical and dumb person. Can't fill clean water in a full cup of mud.

Anyway, what the hell does newgrounds getting ddosed have to do with the security of my life, lmao.

It's called thinking, my bro. Seem like most people on here do not have a brain or so in their skull.

I think this guy listens to alex jones, what do you guys think?

Alex Jones? Oh no no, I'm with the people you are opposing. How do you spell the government in German?

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 14:20:55 Reply

At 4/27/12 01:06 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote:

I just read through three of your posts, and I can't understand a fucking thing you're saying.

If you're going to laud the merits of CISPA, do so in proper English so we can at least try to take you seriously. Thank you.

Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 15:50:08 Reply

At 4/26/12 09:38 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: The House has a slight Republican majority, so it's not surprising that it passed there

Of course. Because republicans want to become internet police. You have your political parties mixed up there bud, democrats believe in big government.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 15:58:56 Reply

At 4/27/12 03:50 PM, Razz wrote:
At 4/26/12 09:38 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: The House has a slight Republican majority, so it's not surprising that it passed there
Of course. Because republicans want to become internet police. You have your political parties mixed up there bud, democrats believe in big government.

Really?

Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 16:07:32 Reply

At 4/27/12 03:58 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 4/27/12 03:50 PM, Razz wrote:
Really?

Yeah really. Democrats even try using it as an argument against them. You've got to be shitting be if you're trying to tell me otherwise, it's the biggest argument either side usually uses. The Democrats say that the Republicans want a government that leaves people to fend for themselves, and the Republicans say the Democrats want an overbearing nanny state.

It's been this way for decades now. So yes, really.

BBS Signature
Sanch
Sanch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 16:08:42 Reply

^not sure what point you're trying to make there

STAY SCARED EVERYONE

HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE CITIZEN? NO NEED FOR PRIVACY

yeah no get out.

you talk a good one but u dont do what your supposed to do

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Internet freedom is over for US. 2012-04-27 16:10:57 Reply

^Relevant to CISPA passing.

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature