00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yamusy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

unexpected file format

3,757 Views | 7 Replies

unexpected file format 2012-04-26 09:26:09

Has there ever been a fix for this? and i don't mean change the extension. because it still wont read inside of flash. because i was just about finished with a project and it decides to crash on me and now it wont even let me open it cause it crashes flash. and i'm at my wit's end with this. when is flash cs6 coming out?

Response to unexpected file format 2012-04-26 19:12:09

This is a known bug in Flash. I'd recommend updating - if you have a legal copy, the glitch was addressed.

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS5\en_US\Configuration
^-Go there.
There's a flash file in there, called TMPxxxxxxxxxxxxx.fla. Where x is random shit. Open it, it should be a temporary file of your last opened work. Once opened, save it to your desktop.

Oh, and btw - keep backups of your work.

BBS Signature

Response to unexpected file format 2012-04-26 21:11:35

At 4/26/12 07:12 PM, nameistaken1 wrote: This is a known bug in Flash. I'd recommend updating - if you have a legal copy, the glitch was addressed.

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS5\en_US\Configuration
^-Go there.
There's a flash file in there, called TMPxxxxxxxxxxxxx.fla. Where x is random shit. Open it, it should be a temporary file of your last opened work. Once opened, save it to your desktop.

Oh, and btw - keep backups of your work.

I did not think i was gonna have this problem. is there a way i can decompile the swf file that i do have of just before the ending? because my library is empty.

Response to unexpected file format 2012-04-26 21:23:02

http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/
That'll decompile your swf.

Swf decompiles are usually messy though, so your best bet is to try and find that temporary file I mentioned in my other post.

BBS Signature

Response to unexpected file format 2012-04-26 21:48:54

At 4/26/12 09:23 PM, nameistaken1 wrote: http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/
That'll decompile your swf.

Swf decompiles are usually messy though, so your best bet is to try and find that temporary file I mentioned in my other post.

I don't have one. though i could just reorganize everything. not like it's one big mess at least i hope not. because i don't have a temp.

Response to unexpected file format 2012-04-27 00:28:58

It will be an amazingly messy mess, each object will be put on to it's own layer, you'll lose library object folders and most of the names, it's only really good for striping out your art and maybe some code to start again later. PM it to me and I'll give it a decompile for ya.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to unexpected file format 2016-10-23 23:45:57

Thank you nameistaken1! it has worked for me! the only solution I found on internet! :D

Response to unexpected file format 2016-10-24 09:00:56

At 10/23/16 11:45 PM, Ben-ky wrote: Thank you nameistaken1! it has worked for me! the only solution I found on internet! :D

The user you're thanking hasn't posted on here for over 4 years. Please don't bump old threads.