PhilipMR
PhilipMR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Android Game Project- People wanted Apr. 25th, 2012 @ 02:40 PM Reply

Hi there,

I'm looking for some dedicated and serious people that I would be able to cooperate with for this Android
idea I had in mind, well, 2 ideas actually, though I'm open for other suggestions as well.

The first idea is basicly a 2D arcade runaway game, lava (or whatever) is flowing down from the left side of the screen, chasing down the player, the user has to touch either the left- or the the right side of the screen to run to the left or to the right respectively, when they tap the top half of the screen, the player jumps. You need to combine these three controls to run away from the lava and jump across obstacles, and avoid certain objects, that would be it for the base gameplay. Of course we can throw alot of layers on top of that, items perhaps? coins to grab that seduce you to make faults? meteor showers that you need to avoid while running? the list goes on... As the player gets further, the difficulty gets higher, eventually making it incredibly hard. The game will continue until you die by either getting hit by a destructive object or getting in touch with lava.

For the second idea, I had something a bit less dynamic, but something more strategic in mind, though still active.
Basicly, there's this particle emitter somewhere in the level that just casts 'some kind of material' into the air, by placing vans (or whatever could have the same function as vans) in the level, you can spread this material into a certain direction, the goal is to get this material to a certain position in the level. Now this sounds kind of simple of course, so lets think of some layers we could add in again, enemies that come into the screen that you need to tap (multiple times) to kill? cranes you need to rotate to lift certain obstacles?

Again, these are just two ideas, I'm completely open for other suggestions as well, if you think it would be way better to create something completely irrelevant, then that's fine as well! I'd also love to make a cool platformer or puzzle game.

Now even though this may all sound fine from my perspective, I want you potential co-workers to expect something as well, so let me say something about myself. I've been programming for around 4/5 years now in programming languages such as C,C++,C# and Java, I'd consider myself an advanced programmer, and even though I have no absolute game developing history, I am working on another game project as well. Seeing as my vacation starts soon and we're not working on the project full time, I figured it would be cool to start a project like this!

There won't be any money involved until later on in the project when this actually gets put out on the market, I'm not exactly sure how long it would take you to create the assets, but for my part, I think I can have this done within a month.
We can sell the game as a free game (with ads) and as a paid game (without ads and perhaps extra features),
and the profit would be split across the development team, depending on what role you take. For example, an animator
who did 80% of the animations would obviously get a higher percentage of the profit than someone who decided to make a single sprite out of boredom.

People that are needed right now would be the following:
-2D Artists (spriters, animators, background artists)
-Audio composers (sound effects and background music)

If you want to apply to take part of a team like this, or if there are any questions, suggestions,
or other matters you need to contact me for, don't hesitate to make a post in this thread or send me a PM.

Thanks!

Looking for 2D artists, and composers for an Android Game Project, if you are interested, PM Me.

Gede
Gede
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Android Game Project- People wanted Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 02:32 AM Reply

BBS Signature
NemecekMusic
NemecekMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Android Game Project- People wanted May. 4th, 2012 @ 01:35 AM Reply

hello, im a music composer and i can do sound effects too.
check my channel: http://nemecekmusic.newgrounds.com/audio