keolamation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
need flash programming help! ;( AS2 2012-04-25 05:14:39 Reply

making a game warriors way and I have a few glitches that I NEED to figure out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQETuPE9âEU¦

audio is a bit out of sink.. must of not made frame rate high enough on hypercam.. :/

theres a video link.. and to explain further I want to know if you can "list" variables etc on actionscript. I want my player attack to work right and I want the enemies to stop at right place no dead center of character and I want my enemies to have a walk animation when they move.. and to have a stop animation when they are not moving and of course a jump animation and I want to be able to to create a actual damage ammount not justa on (_root.hitTest(this)){ _root.weakenemy.health.nextFrame)} I wanna be able to load a random ammount of frames anywhere from 1-5 lets say not JUST 1 :/ also, how do I add more then 1 of the same enemy without it being glitchy. I try to add other enemies but, my original will stack the variables of it's copies and become very glitchy.. ;(

chesster415
chesster415
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to need flash programming help! ;( AS2 2012-04-25 16:57:11 Reply

I want to know if you can "list" variables etc on actionscript.

Umm, yeah. You can store a "list" of variables in an Array

I want my player attack to work right and I want the enemies to stop at right place no dead center of character

This could probably be resolved by learning how the _x and _y variables work for MovieClips.

and I want my enemies to have a walk animation when they move.. and to have a stop animation when they are not moving and of course a jump animation

You might try gotoAndStop(*frameYouHaveAnimationOn*), with animated MovieClips on different frames.

and I want to be able to to create a actual damage ammount not justa on (_root.hitTest(this)){ _root.weakenemy.health.nextFrame)}

With variables maybe?

(hero.strength - weakenemy.defence) - weakenemy.health;

As opposed to using MovieClips to track health?

I wanna be able to load a random ammount of frames anywhere from 1-5 lets say not JUST 1 :/

Huh, :[ maybe

gotoAndStop(currentframe+random(4)+1);
also, how do I add more then 1 of the same enemy without it being glitchy. I try to add other enemies but, my original will stack the variables of it's copies and become very glitchy.. ;(

Again, huh. Make sure the variables of each enemy are in a different place. i.e. not _root.weakenemy.health, but _root.weakenemy1.health, _root.weakenemy2.health, _root.weakenemy3.health, ect...

You might want to try tackling a less ambitious project first. Maybe read some tutorials, make some simple games like snake or breakout. Study some example code until you understand what it's doing. Try to type more clearly and explicitly what your actual question is. People like to help and brag about their vast stores of generally useless knowledge, but prefer to help those who can help themselves.

I don't mind when I'm a hypocrite.