digiman2024
digiman2024
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 1st, 2012 @ 02:39 AM Reply

At 4/30/12 08:55 PM, Kidradd wrote:
a question for you: why do you think getting help from the government is a bad thing?

i dont think all government help is bad, as i have stated, i think that the gov giving out cash assistance is bad. i was raised that you work you eat. my parents worked their asses off to support me and my brother. hell my dad used to hitchhike to dc from b-more just to work in the 70's. so i ask u why should we the people who work and pay taxes, pay for someone to sit on their butt

what percentage of people on welfare and/or unemployment are just mooching off the system?

100% of them that are on such programs for longer then 6 weeks.

you do know the economy crashed in 2008, right? this affected millions of people who never once thought they would be in the situation they are in/were in, you know this, right?

no really, i never noticed, hence my remarks there are temp agencies, most of which cant fulfill the jobs they have.

when you have immigrant, you have more mouths to feed. when you have more mouths to feed, you create jobs feeding them. this is axiomatic.

at a cost of how many millions of dollars by the government. look we're not talking legal immigration. we are talking illegal immigration. we pay medical, food, and in some states housing for illegal immigration.

the simple fact of illegality has nothing to do with it.

that is the whole issue

JujitsuAK47
JujitsuAK47
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 1st, 2012 @ 07:25 AM Reply

screw illegal immigration, but you guys are so wierd by talking as if your military intelligence or cia

Kidradd
Kidradd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 1st, 2012 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 5/1/12 02:39 AM, digiman2024 wrote: i dont think all government help is bad...so i ask u why should we the people who work and pay taxes, pay for someone to sit on their butt

i was specifically referring to your sentiment on this, which is kinda disgusting. i dont have a problem with some of my tax dollars being allocated to help poor people have money so they dont die. things like unemployment and food stamps are excellent forms of stimulus since they are usually spent locally in a very short time on things people need to live and keep from starving or going out into the streets so I would probably keep them. you can read more about it here.

ha, yeah, there are ZERO legitimate reasons for being on unemployment for longer than 6 weeks post-recession.

at a cost of how many millions of dollars by the government. look we're not talking legal immigration. we are talking illegal immigration. we pay medical, food, and in some states housing for illegal immigration.

how many millions are we talking here? what percentage of the budget (federal, state, local) is spent on such things? massive unskilled immigration leads to higher wages for american workers (by creating more mouths to feed and thus more work). how many millions of dollars are being pumped into the system this way?

that is the whole issue

i dont think you understand what im saying

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 1st, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

That sounds similar to George W. Bush wanting to pass a bill through the senate in which Mexicans could come into the country on the account that they took a test and just matched some basic criteria like having no criminal record, having to speak English, having a legitimate business plan and so on. The mistake ol' Bush did do was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on boarder patrol which (other than new boarder security technology) did little to change that. Also, even when a permanent solution is done to solve how to make immigrants civilians, what will we do with the illegal immigrants already inside the United States? Having a massive immigrant departing?

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 1st, 2012 @ 10:15 PM Reply

a big electric fence with snipers shooting anything that moves. jail and fine any company or private citizen hiring/harboring illegal immigrants, for sanctuary cities like San Francisco and chicago cut there federal budget until they change their tune.

simple as that.

digiman2024
digiman2024
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 1st, 2012 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 5/1/12 10:15 AM, Kidradd wrote:
i was specifically referring to your sentiment on this, which is kinda disgusting. i dont have a problem with some of my tax dollars being allocated to help poor people have money so they dont die. things like unemployment and food stamps are excellent forms of stimulus since they are usually spent locally in a very short time on things people need to live and keep from starving or going out into the streets so I would probably keep them. you can read more about it here.

i never said to stop food stamps. in a wonderful fantasy world it would be great if everyone made at least 100 k a year,(and truly that would just make it so you can live comfortably) but here in the real world there has to be someone to do labor jobs. that and i really dont wanna pay $10/lb for fruits. look no job is beneath me if it pays the bills.(i have shoveled shit out of clogs sewer pipes before.)

ha, yeah, there are ZERO legitimate reasons for being on unemployment for longer than 6 weeks post-recession.

nope, not while there exist temp agencies out there looking for workers, just because you cant find a job you want doesnt mean there are no jobs.

how many millions are we talking here? what percentage of the budget (federal, state, local) is spent on such things? massive unskilled immigration leads to higher wages for american workers (by creating more mouths to feed and thus more work). how many millions of dollars are being pumped into the system this way?

how do u figure that? more mouths= more jobs? please explain this think of yours cuz that is about the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

that is the whole issue
i dont think you understand what im saying

your right i dont understand anything your saying, your not making sense, what is wrong with making people work at a temp agency until they find the job they want. no one ever said they had to do it forever.

digiman2024
digiman2024
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 1st, 2012 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 5/1/12 10:15 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: a big electric fence with snipers shooting anything that moves. jail and fine any company or private citizen hiring/harboring illegal immigrants, for sanctuary cities like San Francisco and chicago cut there federal budget until they change their tune.

simple as that.

i agree with all except the snipers

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 1st, 2012 @ 11:32 PM Reply

At 5/1/12 10:49 PM, digiman2024 wrote:
At 5/1/12 10:15 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: a big electric fence with snipers shooting anything that moves. jail and fine any company or private citizen hiring/harboring illegal immigrants, for sanctuary cities like San Francisco and chicago cut there federal budget until they change their tune.

simple as that.

the snipers are necessary what this is, is a violation of US sovereignty I don't see mexico doing anything abut it due to its politicians are bought by cartels. show them that we mean business.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 1st, 2012 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 5/1/12 10:15 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: for sanctuary cities like San Francisco and chicago cut there [sic] federal budget until they change their tune.

Yes, I sic'd you. There, their, they're, don't feel so bad. Getting sic'd isn't too bad. ;)

If cutting funding is the price for being sanctuary, a shit ton of rural communities will lose massive amounts of Federal Funding (well over $1.5 dollars per tax dollar gathered).

digiman2024
digiman2024
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 5/1/12 11:32 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 5/1/12 10:49 PM, digiman2024 wrote:

the snipers are necessary what this is, is a violation of US sovereignty I don't see mexico doing anything abut it due to its politicians are bought by cartels. show them that we mean business.

ok i give up you can have snipers but only in texas where the fence is impractical, but no rpg's

Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:49 AM Reply

At 4/24/12 11:30 AM, Korriken wrote: biggest problem would be rooting out the drug cartels. By my figuring, with America's technology, we could find and eliminate them rather easily. I personally love that Mexico has been using its military to fight the drug cartels. War on drugs indeed.

Ho ho ho! What naivety! If it takes America a decade to find one guy in the mountains they're never going to put a dent in the Mexican drug cartels. You want to know why Mexico's troops are having to take them on?

BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING SCARY BASTARDS.

Seriously, I'd rather be starving in Ethiopia or working in Kabul than spending even a day in the rougher parts of Mexico. I think only the slums of Brazil can rival it for criminal dominance of an area.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:42 PM Reply

At 5/1/12 11:52 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 5/1/12 10:15 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: for sanctuary cities like San Francisco and chicago cut there [sic] federal budget until they change their tune.
Yes, I sic'd you. There, their, they're, don't feel so bad. Getting sic'd isn't too bad. ;)

If cutting funding is the price for being sanctuary, a shit ton of rural communities will lose massive amounts of Federal Funding (well over $1.5 dollars per tax dollar gathered).

well only cut the funding for the sanctuary cities not the whole state and they still have to pay federal tax through income and property tax etc. and we cut the funding until they change there sanctuary status and adopt immigration policies like Arizona.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 5/2/12 12:42 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: well only cut the funding for the sanctuary cities not the whole state and they still have to pay federal tax through income and property tax etc. and we cut the funding until they change there sanctuary status and adopt immigration policies like Arizona.

My point was actually that the real sanctuaries are the rural farming communities. These communities provide the jobs and actively hide the workers and their immigrant status in order to get cheap labor. These communities have huge percentages of their economy based upon cheaper than minimum wage illegal immigrant labor.

The rural communities may not by vocally ignoring the laws, but they are more rampantly ingoring the law and they are the root of the problem, not San Francisco or Chicago.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 5/2/12 04:19 PM, Camarohusky wrote: The rural communities may not by vocally ignoring the laws, but they are more rampantly ingoring the law and they are the root of the problem, not San Francisco or Chicago.

though it maybe the rural communities all one has to do is go that 40 miles to a sanctuary city and they are safe. the police there can't ask for the person's immigration status. if you crack down on the Sanctuary cities first the small rural communities will crumble due to the increased pressure from immigration.

problem solved.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 5/2/12 04:46 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: if you crack down on the Sanctuary cities first the small rural communities will crumble due to the increased pressure from immigration.

what I meant to say was small rural communities will crumble due to the increased pressure from immigration Immigration Service and Homeland Security.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:15 AM Reply

At 5/2/12 04:46 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: though it maybe the rural communities all one has to do is go that 40 miles to a sanctuary city and they are safe.

This is a bullshit assumption based off your assumptions about what geographic areas immigrants would ALL go to. I live in rural, North Eastern NJ and we have LOTS of illegal immigrants working at the local egg farm. My brother used to work there and they used to tell him and his other co-workers to make damn sure they didn't tell their mexican counterparts how much they made. Also a hobby for them was my brother doing things like waving his FD badge around and scaring them into thinking it was the INS. The local Wal-Mart got busted years ago for having illegal Russians (gasp! I know! It's not just mexicans and other brown people!) working there cleaning the floors at night. Illegal immigration isn't just happening in these "sanctuary cities" you speak of. It's everywhere.

the police there can't ask for the person's immigration status.

The police anywhere can't, and don't ask about your immigration status, and have no reason to unless you've done something criminal that would put them on your trail and make them ask for ID. Do you really want to create a system where cops are asking for immigration status just for kicks and giggles? We've already got racist cops who do things like asking for a passenger's ID in traffic stops if both passengers happen to be non-white.

if you crack down on the Sanctuary cities first the small rural communities will crumble due to the increased pressure from immigration.

LOL. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit! As long as the companies can get away with hiring and hiding the illegals for the cheap labor, they'll keep fucking doing it. THAT'S who has to be attacked if you want to really curb the problem. Of course that would mean regulation, and higher prices, and tougher laws and fines if it's found illegals are used. These are all things the party and people crying about illegal immigration are completely and totally against.

problem solved.

LOL again. You're ignorance is astounding and occasionally funny as hell

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:48 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 03:15 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 5/2/12 04:46 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: though it maybe the rural communities all one has to do is go that 40 miles to a sanctuary city and they are safe.
This is a bullshit assumption based off your assumptions about what geographic areas immigrants would ALL go to. I live in rural, North Eastern NJ and we have LOTS of illegal immigrants working at the local egg farm

Guess what New York City is a sanctuary city where cops can't ask about your immigration status. sure maybe where you live is a little farther than 40 miles.

My brother used to work there and they used to tell him and his other co-workers to make damn sure they didn't tell their mexican counterparts how much they made. Also a hobby for them was my brother doing things like waving his FD badge around and scaring them into thinking it was the INS. The local Wal-Mart got busted years ago for having illegal Russians (gasp! I know! It's not just mexicans and other brown people!) working there cleaning the floors at night. Illegal immigration isn't just happening in these "sanctuary cities" you speak of. It's everywhere.

the police there can't ask for the person's immigration status.
The police anywhere can't, and don't ask about your immigration status,

Arizona SB 1070. done

if you crack down on the Sanctuary cities first the small rural communities will crumble due to the increased pressure from immigration.
LOL. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit! As long as the companies can get away with hiring and hiding the illegals for the cheap labor, they'll keep fucking doing it. THAT'S who has to be attacked if you want to really curb the problem

hmm if you do sanctuary cities first passing laws fining and jailing companies who hire illegal immigrants first the rural farms be next. its sanctuary cities that are the problem if you take those first it will be a act of force showing we don't accept illegal immigration and those who hire them

what im trying to say is take out the big guy (city) first and all the little guys (rural communities) will either stop from increased pressure due to passing laws for hiring and hiding illegal immigrants.

TucoM
TucoM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 10th, 2012 @ 05:02 AM Reply

At 4/25/12 12:04 AM, Proteas wrote:: Let's just enforce the laws we currently have on the books instead of inventing a new law we won't enforce every time an issue comes up.

Of course, this would actually involve funding and giving proper staffing to things like local police forces and the INS, but I guess that's to fucking novel a concept for you bunch, ain't it?

It would be a very novel idea in DC.

BBS Signature
CritcalOne
CritcalOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 11th, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 4/30/12 09:10 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
Getting paid to not work isn't a lifeline when foodstamp programs are already in place. There is absolutely no reason why somebody cannot find any sort of work for 99 weeks. Go to a temping agency, they are always looking for work.

because we all want to work at mcdonalds who will probably deny you anyway for "overqualification"

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature
Saren
Saren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 12th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM Reply

immigrants dont do shit 4 the us i agree with tonys idea immigrants need 2 kno not 2 fuck with the usa

we need a war on immigrants

Just chillin'

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 12th, 2012 @ 12:01 PM Reply

At 5/12/12 09:41 AM, Saren wrote: immigrants dont do shit 4 the us

Except prop up our agriculture industry and the janitoring sector.

Without them we'd have rotting crops and uncleaned craps.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 12th, 2012 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 5/12/12 09:41 AM, Saren wrote: we need a war on immigrants

;;;
That's a great idea !

After all
Look at how wonderful the War on Drugs is going ! !

Then there's your so called war on terror, making the USA the biggest terror organization on the planet !
In just Iraq & Afghanistan, you've killed hundreds of thousands of people.
Sure most of them were old men & women & children, but so what 'eh. The weapons/munitions makers are making a fortune.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 12th, 2012 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 5/12/12 12:53 PM, morefngdbs wrote: That's a great idea !

After all
Look at how wonderful the War on Drugs is going ! !

C'mon now, our military is so powerful and strong any conventional war is too easy, we need a challenge so we declare war on concepts and industries!

At 5/1/12 02:39 AM, digiman2024 wrote: i dont think all government help is bad, as i have stated, i think that the gov giving out cash assistance is bad. i was raised that you work you eat. my parents worked their asses off to support me and my brother. hell my dad used to hitchhike to dc from b-more just to work in the 70's. so i ask u why should we the people who work and pay taxes, pay for someone to sit on their butt

The question is if they're really doing that. I haven't found any statistics saying that assumption is true.

what percentage of people on welfare and/or unemployment are just mooching off the system?

That doesn't mean they're mooching off the system. People on welfare probably don't have a very good resumes, they probably don't even have many marketable skills thus finding a job and keeping one is incredibly difficult. What they need is a job training program, that way they can get off welfare and rise up on the income brackets making the program pay for itself. That was cut by Nixon as a wasteful government program of course, but if anything it was the most efficient.

when you have immigrant, you have more mouths to feed. when you have more mouths to feed, you create jobs feeding them. this is axiomatic.

Um not necessarily true.

the simple fact of illegality has nothing to do with it.

that is the whole issue

Then why not lower immigration standards so that these people can get over legally?

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 14th, 2012 @ 02:45 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 03:48 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Guess what New York City is a sanctuary city where cops can't ask about your immigration status.

What does that have to do with my overall point that this idea you keep spouting about all immigrants flocking to supposed "sanctuary cities" is malarky based on you not doing proper fact checking? For like the billionth time no less. Also why do the police even NEED to ask about your immigration status?

Arizona SB 1070. done

Oh yes, I forgot about good old backwards Arizona. Where draconian and racist measures are the rule of the day.

hmm if you do sanctuary cities first passing laws fining and jailing companies who hire illegal immigrants first the rural farms be next.

Why wouldn't you just pass a law on EVERYBODY all at once? Doesn't that make more sense? That's what I'm saying you do if you really want to stop illegal immigration. This "sanctuary cities" stuff is a lot of nonsense to me. It's just another excuse to bash on liberal strongholds without doing anything to curb the actual problem.

its sanctuary cities that are the problem if you take those first it will be a act of force showing we don't accept illegal immigration and those who hire them

Oh get real...you don't want companies to hire illegals? You make the penalties for hiring illegals much much stiffer. Not just in certain areas, but in ALL areas. It's just common sense. You want to bash the more liberal cities for being liberal, fucking do it honestly, not by hiding behind nonsense and trying to get laws passed that ONLY effect those areas. It's un-American and counter productive.

what im trying to say is take out the big guy (city) first and all the little guys (rural communities) will either stop from increased pressure due to passing laws for hiring and hiding illegal immigrants.

Why not just take out everybody at once? That's much easier then attacking just a few. Strangle the issue once and for all everywhere, it just cuts down on more work and malfeasance that way.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
digiman2024
digiman2024
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 14th, 2012 @ 03:36 AM Reply

At 5/12/12 01:19 PM, Warforger wrote:

That doesn't mean they're mooching off the system. People on welfare probably don't have a very good resumes, they probably don't even have many marketable skills thus finding a job and keeping one is incredibly difficult. What they need is a job training program, that way they can get off welfare and rise up on the income brackets making the program pay for itself. That was cut by Nixon as a wasteful government program of course, but if anything it was the most efficient.

the jobs at temp agencies are not all high skilled jobs, nor do most of the care about a resume. yes the majority of the jobs they offer are physical labor jobs, but they are jobs they pay at least minimum wage, some pay more. and guess what if the company likes your work they hire you full time for more money, for the most part. but as long as we have cash assistance programs, why work?

Then why not lower immigration standards so that these people can get over legally?

because we dont want the unskilled masses from any country coming here for us to take care of and teach their kids. why dont these people do what we did, and turn their own countries economy around.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 14th, 2012 @ 03:50 AM Reply

At 5/14/12 03:36 AM, digiman2024 wrote: why dont these people do what we did, and turn their own countries economy around.

Lol. Nothing's changing in those countries without decades or even centuries of time and the coordinated efforts of hundreds of thousands of people and the government.

Would you choose to stay in your shitty ass country or move to a place with better jobs? It's really not hard to understand. The only realistic option for themselves personally is to move.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 15th, 2012 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 5/14/12 03:36 AM, digiman2024 wrote: the jobs at temp agencies are not all high skilled jobs, nor do most of the care about a resume.

True...but I fear you may be thinking that all, or at least most, illegal immigrants are obtaining their jobs through temp agencies. That ignores the high illegal population among migrant workers such as those who pick fruit on farms (a job I may point out you can't get legal citizens to do).

yes the majority of the jobs they offer are physical labor jobs, but they are jobs they pay at least minimum wage, some pay more.

Eeeeeh! If a company knows you are not legal, and you obtain a job with them, they can and do, pay you whatever they want. WHATEVER THEY WANT! I laid out a personal example of this. That is why companies love illegal labor. They can be paid whatever, and they can never complain because if they become unruly the company can just call the INS and have them deported.

and guess what if the company likes your work they hire you full time for more money, for the most part.

But not in lower skill, meanial jobs. Jobs that are seasonal do not. Jobs that are minimum wage do not as a rule (they force turnover to keep cheap labor). Something tells me you don't have much experience in the work force at such jobs if you think this is the case. These are the jobs illegals can get, and they are not steady jobs loaded with opportunity. Especially if the company is aware of exactly who they are employing.

but as long as we have cash assistance programs, why work?

Because it is next to impossible to have any real or decent kind of standard of living under such programs? Granted that doesn't stop many people who abuse the crap out of them...and really, what is this issue doing in a thread about illegal immigration anyway? Illegals avoid getting on paper and getting the notice of the government because that notice can lead to them being sent away.

Not a potentially bad idea...I also wonder why no one has actually been pointing out how the number of illegals (at least from Mexico) are going DOWN.

because we dont want the unskilled masses from any country coming here for us to take care of and teach their kids. why dont these people do what we did, and turn their own countries economy around.

Riiiight...because America for Americans dammit! Only the people who were born here and have always been here get the benefits right? Incidentally...how long has your family been in America?

Immigration is good, it's important, it IS what has made us the most prosperous and advanced nation on earth. We need it, but I agree we also need it to be done legally so that not only the citizens already here, and the government are protected...but that the immigrant is protected as well. Being an illegal is not an all gravy system as some want people to believe.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 15th, 2012 @ 08:03 PM Reply

It would be nice to get rid of all the illegals in south Florida. Way too many down here.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 15th, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 5/14/12 02:45 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Oh yes, I forgot about good old backwards Arizona. Where draconian and racist measures are the rule of the day.
hmm if you do sanctuary cities first passing laws fining and jailing companies who hire illegal immigrants first the rural farms be next.
Why wouldn't you just pass a law on EVERYBODY all at once? Doesn't that make more sense? That's what I'm saying you do if you really want to stop illegal immigration. This "sanctuary cities" stuff is a lot of nonsense to me. It's just another excuse to bash on liberal strongholds without doing anything to curb the actual problem.

if anything do the sanctuary cities first it shows the first major step in curbing the problem and being able to pass laws easier
georgia indiana alabama and utah have already passed legislation like Arizona already. sure they are more conservative in nature but its better than nothing right?

Oh get real...you don't want companies to hire illegals? You make the penalties for hiring illegals much much stiffer. Not just in certain areas, but in ALL areas. It's just common sense. You want to bash the more liberal cities for being liberal, fucking do it honestly, not by hiding behind nonsense and trying to get laws passed that ONLY effect those areas. It's un-American and counter productive.

see the answer above. and what the cities and the rural communities are doing is illegal. and not letting local law enforcement
do their job and making the already understaffed federal agencies doing it. that seems pretty counter productive to the problem. I do believe giving companies and privates citizens Prison and Fines for harboring and hiring illegal immigrants and should start in those liberal cities/states where it is needed most.

Why not just take out everybody at once? That's much easier then attacking just a few. Strangle the issue once and for all everywhere, it just cuts down on more work and malfeasance that way.

kind of hard when there are 12 million of them and only so many federal agents due to laws not letting local police help with the problem with the great immigration problem due to liberals not letting local law enforcement not ask for immigration/proof of citizenry. then you have bleeding hearts and pro-immigration lobbies.

I still dont see why they don't build a physical barrier on the border it would make jobs in the government and public sectors with building/maintenance of the border and plenty of border patrol jobs for the 2,000 miles of border.

Zultra
Zultra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Solving illegal immigration problem May. 17th, 2012 @ 04:18 AM Reply

In the UK I would brick up the channel tunnel, no more 'asylum' seekers (since under UN law we only have to take the refugees of the next safe country to us).