00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Project M 2012-04-24 10:43:15

So how many people on Newgrounds have played Project M? How do you feel about it? Was it everything Brawl should have been? Was vBrawl better? Maybe you like the other Brawl edits more (Brawl+ or Brawl-)? Discuss.

BBS Signature

Response to Project M 2012-04-24 11:19:07

Wow. I'm surprised there is actually a thread about this.

I got it a week ago, and I have to say it is AMAZING. It feels like a brand new smash bros game. I really wasn't expecting much because the first demo was kinda meh, but they did a really good job on this one. Better than Brawl+/- by far. I really like the changes they made to Lucario, he plays like a street fighter character; he even has a super meter! I'm also liking the stage changes they made, there are actually quite a few "neutral" stages now.

My favorite character to play as is Wario. He is like the king of mixups and he can combo into waft(down +b).

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to Project M 2012-04-24 11:27:43

I liked Lucario myself but I never noticed he had a super meter. When I get home I'm going to have to check him out again. I like Link the most right now. That Hurricane Spin is back in all its glory. I also enjoyed Ike. I disagree with the slower recovery on his forward B, but other than that I like the changes. It's interesting to actually see Ike combo (I haven't really played Brawl in 3 years before this). That said, I think and Fox is going to be too good (really, guaranteed combo out of down throw -_-)I mainly asked about Brawl+/Brawl- because I haven't played those games (not willing to mod Wii). If anyone is reading this thread and wondering whether or not they should be playing Project M, please download it. You don't have to mod your Wii. All you'll have to do is delete your custom stages.
Solid game/demo if I do say so myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Project M 2012-04-24 14:30:57

Not interested in it. From what I heard I had to delete all my stage data on my Wii and SD card to make this work and there is no way I am deleteing my many hard hours of work just to play a melee like brawl game. I have well over 100 custom stages made so you can only imagine the hours I put into all of that.

Also my computer doesn't have an SD card slot so I couldn't download the file for that even if I wanted to.

It definitely seems interesting but im not willing to lose all my stages for this.

Response to Project M 2012-04-25 19:56:29

At 4/24/12 02:30 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: I have well over 100 custom stages made so you can only imagine the hours I put into all of that.

They can be saved to a separate SD card if you have one.

I've played it twice at a friend's house and I really like it since you can keep any custom skins, textures, and songs you put into each stage. I've never hacked into my Wii before, but I was elated when I heard that they made a separate download that allows me to play this without homebrew. All I need now is an SD Card that's 2GB or smaller, since the Wii won't recognize anything larger. Even more BS is that I can't use the SD card included with my Nintendo 3DS since my laptop can't seem to recognize it.

But yeah, really fun game that you can get competitive with. I especially love how my second favorite character from Melee is now tolerable. Zelda's Dins Fire mines are genius.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Project M 2012-04-25 20:52:20

What you talking about?

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Project M 2012-04-25 21:11:31

I've never really been seriously into SSB. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but I haven't put that many hours into it. I may have to look into this, though, just for shits and giggles.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Project M 2012-04-25 22:00:14

At 4/25/12 08:52 PM, Anti-pie wrote: What you talking about?

I don't know either can someone explain what is Project M?

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to Project M 2012-04-25 22:23:20

At 4/25/12 10:00 PM, f12guy wrote:
At 4/25/12 08:52 PM, Anti-pie wrote: What you talking about?
I don't know either can someone explain what is Project M?

Project M is a Brawl mod that basically improves the gameplay mechanics and balances the roster. It is heavily based off of the quick-paced gameplay that SSBM had. I guess you could call it Melee 2.0.

More info:
http://projectm.dantarion.com/about/

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to Project M 2012-04-25 23:14:02

At 4/25/12 10:23 PM, Bstuk2 wrote:
Project M is a Brawl mod that basically improves the gameplay mechanics and balances the roster. It is heavily based off of the quick-paced gameplay that SSBM had. I guess you could call it Melee 2.0.

More info:
http://projectm.dantarion.com/about/

Thanks for that but i really can't play it since i don't have a wii.

Does anyone actually read these?

Response to Project M 2012-04-26 01:52:29

At 4/25/12 07:56 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 4/24/12 02:30 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: I have well over 100 custom stages made so you can only imagine the hours I put into all of that.
They can be saved to a separate SD card if you have one.

Thats the other problem. I don't have one that I could use.