New Topic Respond to this Topic
Grubby
Grubby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 02:51:32 Reply

There's something very sad about thinking about the last game you'll ever play in your life. Just like one's last meal, or last song they'll hear in their life, or the last movie they'll ever see, that FINAL video game you'll play, that FINAL round, match, or level that you play will be the last you'll enjoy in your existence.

If that is the case, what would you want it to be? Can you imagine that? Being an elderly man, playing one more play-through of Skyrim, finishing just ONE more quest, and then dying of a heart attack the next day? Or playing a round of Counter Strike, not knowing that this is the last game in a long history of playing games.

Personally, I would probably want to play Flower on the PS3. It's pretty tranquil, and it would be a fitting conclusion to a life well spent enjoying games.

~

Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 03:14:36 Reply

Man, think before you post topics. This is so idiotic I can't even comprehend, assuming I don't die sometime soon how will I know the last game I play? Hence it hasn't been created yet.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 03:15:15 Reply

One of the Kirby games obviously. Probably Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards, or possibly Return to Dreamland
I dont know though, it could be a tough decision, there are tons of games that i just love too much

WarteryMind
WarteryMind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 08:25:57 Reply

The day I actually play Final Fantasy 7 is the day I'll day.

"Humans,who are unique in their ability to learn from others, are also unique in their disinclination to do so"
"You chose to believe, even if it wasn't true. That is all."

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 08:44:30 Reply

I don't really know.If I'm going to die sometime in the near future then maybe Assassin's Creed III or Dishonored or Skyrim or Bioshock Infinite or Far Cry 3(just made the list of all games I want right now). But I don't know the games that wil come out in the 5 next years so I can't answer the question if I'm not going to die (hopefully) in the 18 next months.

Bitte Nazi mods keine bannerino, weil ich ein Nazi Schwein als ihr bin. Danke schön!

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 12:19:54 Reply

IT really doesn't matter to me, as long as I'm having fun. But playing Skyrim or CS decades from now? pfft

At 4/23/12 08:25 AM, WarteryMind wrote: The day I actually play Final Fantasy 7 is the day I'll day.

I day every day.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 12:25:10 Reply

At 4/23/12 03:14 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Man, think before you post topics.

Well, his question is which game you'd LIKE to be your last, not what game you think it will be.

As for me, I'm not sure. Rayman might be cool. The first game that I ever owned myself and the last one I ever play.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 14:20:16 Reply

I think I'll go with Ocarina of Time. Not that it's particulary suiting or anything, but I think that'll bring back the happiest memories for me (when it comes to video games).

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 16:00:51 Reply

Not really sure. Maybe if it was the apocalypse so everyone was going to die, and assuming I wouldn't be spending my last moments before being vaporised huddling with my family in the living room, and we couldn't go outdoors, maybe I'd have one last Halo 3 custom game with my friends. I've always had great times on there.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 19:00:35 Reply

Final Level of Half Life 3.

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 19:41:00 Reply

If I were to have one more playthrough of a game before I died, I would pick Wind Waker.
I mean, that game is basically my entire childhood.
At least, from age 7-12.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 20:54:34 Reply

If prototype 2 is the last game I play (aswell as not seeing any other interesting titles in development) I wouldn't complain.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 20:55:43 Reply

I would definitely try my hardest to find a game that's purely fun. I don't want to spend some of my last gaming moments sighing and complaining over an irritating section of a game, even if I like the game as a whole.

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 20:58:41 Reply

At 4/23/12 02:20 PM, Auz wrote: I think I'll go with Ocarina of Time. Not that it's particulary suiting or anything, but I think that'll bring back the happiest memories for me (when it comes to video games).

I would have to agree with this, Ocarina of Time, however cliche it may sound, was a large part of my childhood.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 22:01:48 Reply

Any game for the Sega Genesis really. Just not the obscure crappy games.

"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
mushroomn
mushroomn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-23 22:43:49 Reply

I played Mario Kart 64 the night I left for college, felt pretty full circle

Mushroomn. 6 years later it's kind of a dumbass name. Sorry about that

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-24 19:53:17 Reply

Something with a great atmosphere and story to indulge in, such as Shadow of the Colossus or Silent Hill 2. Both are beautiful games that I think would give my life good closure, particularly SOTC as it has subtle themes of letting go of the past and moving on. MGS1 would be a nice final game as well, quite an uplifting game to end on a high note.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-24 20:17:58 Reply

At 4/23/12 03:14 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Man, think before you post topics. This is so idiotic I can't even comprehend, assuming I don't die sometime soon how will I know the last game I play? Hence it hasn't been created yet.

Perhaps you should think before you post replies instead.

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-24 23:15:32 Reply

Man, so many games i would want to. Halo 3 for getting me into multiplayer and one of my favorite games ever. Flower like the op stated because of it being so peaceful. Half-Life 2, mainly because me and my brother used to always play it. MGS3 ending with The Boss dying. That brings a tear to my eye anytime i see it.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
GoldHazard
GoldHazard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Game Developer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-25 00:47:53 Reply

This isn't necessarily a thought that would run through one's mind if they knew or didn't know how limited their time on earth was. The game industry is always changing, technologies are always advancing, so you just can't place your thumb down on a game you would like to play in your final moments. Hell, if one knew their final moments were due, I think they would be just a bit more concerned experiencing more exhilarating things this world has to offer.

With the way games change year after year, it's just not possible for me to guess what I would like to play, because there could be something made in the near or distant future that could be completely mind blowing. However, classic nostalgic games can be quite fun as well. With so much great software to choose from, it's almost damn near impossible to just say "Hey, i'm going to die soon, might as well play X game." The truth is, you just don't know, and can't know.

BBS Signature
GreyW0Lf
GreyW0Lf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-25 01:55:23 Reply

It´s a hard choice actually, I don't know if I would play a game for the nostalgia or an emotional game
As another one mentioned earlier, I would play Shadow of the Colossus.

But know that I think more about it, I would pick up Kirby Super Star. It was the game that iniciated me into gaming and it would be nice to close the circle with it. Not to mention that I have very fond memories of this game.

Do you want a hot coffee?

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-25 02:10:33 Reply

Banjo Kazooie

I got it all planned out.

BBS Signature
Anti-pie
Anti-pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-25 02:19:04 Reply

I'd go with Crash Bandicoot 1. That was my favorite when I was young and to get all the gems was a lot more challenging than the ones after it. You couldn't die ONCE! (fuck you slippery climb....and by the way there was even a harder slippery climb type level that was left out. Stormy Ascent) But yeah it was awesome when I beat it 100% for the first time and has to be one of my favorites to this day.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.
Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature
Denton
Denton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-25 06:56:25 Reply

At 4/23/12 02:20 PM, Auz wrote: I think I'll go with Ocarina of Time. Not that it's particulary suiting or anything, but I think that'll bring back the happiest memories for me (when it comes to video games).

Same here.

It's impossible to use the bathroom in Denton's house, as not even his toilet paper takes shit from anyone.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-25 09:40:26 Reply

At 4/25/12 06:56 AM, Dent0n wrote: Same here.

Damn. I'd have been willing to bet that your answer would have been Deus Ex. Good job I never :P

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
EdgarDraco
EdgarDraco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-25 09:47:11 Reply

At 4/23/12 03:14 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Man, think before you post topics. This is so idiotic I can't even comprehend, assuming I don't die sometime soon how will I know the last game I play? Hence it hasn't been created yet.

Seconded

Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Last Video Game You'll Play In Your 2012-04-25 10:06:27 Reply

1.6 probably

or quake

idk

DEATHMATCH BABY