00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Musician Available For Work

1,270 Views | 5 Replies

Musician Available For Work 2012-04-22 17:06:30

I'm available for any projects in which people need a digital musician.

You can check my userpage for examples of my work, but I can do pieces in other styles as well.

Message me the details of a project if you'd like me to help with you any upcoming work.

You can PM me on Newgrounds, reply to this post, or email me at robotronic94@gmail.com .

Response to Musician Available For Work 2012-04-22 17:08:44

same thing goes for pretty much everyone who frequents this forum

Response to Musician Available For Work 2012-04-22 18:53:37

At 4/22/12 05:08 PM, Buoy wrote: same thing goes for pretty much everyone who frequents this forum

True, but a occasionally people post stuff like, looking for musician, blah blah blah. This is for those people, not for other musicians looking for work.

Response to Musician Available For Work 2012-04-22 19:18:41

can you write me a song about people who are completely clueless about the culture of the forums in which they post?

Response to Musician Available For Work 2012-04-22 19:23:01

At 4/22/12 07:18 PM, loansindi wrote: can you write me a song about people who are completely clueless about the culture of the forums in which they post?

make sure to include a verse about how we are total meanie pants

Response to Musician Available For Work 2012-04-22 19:36:46

At 4/22/12 07:06 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 4/22/12 06:53 PM, Robotronic94 wrote:
At 4/22/12 05:08 PM, Buoy wrote: same thing goes for pretty much everyone who frequents this forum
True, but a occasionally people post stuff like, looking for musician, blah blah blah. This is for those people, not for other musicians looking for work.
the point SB-er Buoy is making is, these threads are useless because 90% of the people who frequent these forums are musicians, most of whom are always looking to get their music into games, movies and such. if you want the same thing you'll have to put more effort into it than just making a thread and hoping people will find you. that's like "set it and forget it", and it's not the mentality of a true musician.

people post in these forums all the times requesting musicians, and i'd hope they look for people with the initiative to approach THEM.

Not to mention, advertising your services is still self-advertising, even if you're not linking to your own music. And that's against the forum rules.

What would be a far better use of your time (and ours) would be uploading some examples of your work to the Audio Portal, posting them in the Advertising thread, and being ACTIVE on the forums.

Review other people's work (it makes them much more likely to review yours in return, which helps BOTH of you improve), keep an eye out for threads where people ask for a musician, and, most importantly, network: make friends and contacts who make flash games and films, because if they like your music, they might directly ask you if you want to do some work for them.