00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Gaming time in college

944 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Gaming time in college 2012-04-22 10:54:34

Now I'm in college yet, but this is a question geared towards you folks who are studying at a higher leveled course of education. It can be hard keeping up your studies and maybe even having a job already, and still play video games often, so how's your gaming time going with along?

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-22 11:04:44

During term time, not so well. I do still get a chance to play, but nearer the end of the semesters when I have a lot of coursework to get done, I don't have as much time to play games. Some people will have more time though. I do a fair bit of travelling and I'm out of the house from 7am to 6:30pm, but if I lived closer to my uni, I'd probably have more time for gaming.

Although, the good thing about university, for me at least, is that we get a 6 month summer break in which I do absolutely nothing important. I can spend this time playing video games and I have been doing that so far (my summer break already started).

It's not so bad really.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-22 11:53:03

It all depends on your schedule. As a freshman, sophomore, and junior, I didn't really have any time to play video games, save the weekend. Then again, I'm majoring in biology, and other degrees may be less demanding, and would allow you more free time throughout the week.

This year (my senior year), however, has given me a lot of free time. My first semester, I had no classes on Monday or Friday. This semester, I only have classes on Monday and Wednesday, and just one class a day at that (I'm taking two online courses to balance that). Though I still often don't play video games Sunday-Wednesday in order to focus on the few classes I have, I have so much more leisure time otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-22 13:45:27

I have some free time, but when there's exams near, I don't spend much time playing videogames.

Although lately I haven't had time to play at all, I wish I'd have a free day where I'd just play some videogames to relax without thinking about exams or anything.

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-22 14:38:33

Differs a bit by the week, but generally I can still find enough time to play video games as much as I want to. I don't game as much as I used to do in high school, but that's fine with me.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-22 16:39:07

game all night, class all day.

I don't need sleep.

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-22 17:32:47

My timetable is terrible, heavily weighted towards the end of the year, so for terms one and the first 3/4 of term two I play as much vidya as I want, and then the work hits and I play nothing at all until the end of term 3, including the holidays in between the two terms.

But this is because I have no assessed stuff in term one, bar weekly problems which aren't much work, and then the same for term two until the end, and then I get hit by lab reports and various other projects, and then term 3 is the exam term, and when you're revising for 10 exams, taking new modules and doing more labs, you don't have much free time.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-22 18:03:09

I'm going to college and studying Mechanical Engineering. It's always best to choose your classes really early before the new semester starts so that way you can know what days you actually have school in. For me I just took three classes which were, Math, American History and Introduction to Engineering. I went to school Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Unlike other people who choose to do it at the last minute or during registration now have to get classes during the entire week. It really mostly depends on what classes you get really not saying you'll get only three days out of the week like myself it's just best to plan your schedule out yourself so that you can choose which days are more convenient for you to go to school. So that way you can pretty much take days off from school and do whatever you want to do for the entire day. That's the best thing about College. Good luck!

"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty. . . It's all the same once yer dead! And a corpse can't laugh."

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-23 18:48:10

I guess it really depends on your schedule, if it's especially busy, then you're just out of luck, but if you're good with time management, you can usually squeeze in a pretty decent amount of time for gaming, and not let your grades suffer.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-25 04:45:57

One of my majors is Game Software Design and Production. Video games are my homework.

BBS Signature

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-25 06:42:55

Since im majoring in Computer Animation and Game Design, i dont get a lot of take-home homework, meaning once classes are done for the day, im pretty much free. However, on some days, classes take up most of my day, so i can only game in the evening on those days. Still, i find plenty of time to game whenever i want

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-25 10:10:46

At 4/22/12 10:54 AM, darklink4567 wrote: Now I'm in college yet, but this is a question geared towards you folks who are studying at a higher leveled course of education. It can be hard keeping up your studies and maybe even having a job already, and still play video games often, so how's your gaming time going with along?

Cannot really play too much games overall. But it is still possible to play every now and then, like during weekends, if you don't have too many projects or studies ongoing.

-

Response to Gaming time in college 2012-04-25 22:02:45

Honestly, while school is in session, I hardly have any time for games. I play maybe 2 hours a week, if at all, and that's usually once in some random afternoon during the weekend.

It sucks, but it makes break time all the sweeter.