• 123 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
jonathanfis
jonathanfis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:37 PM Reply

You did the completely right thing.

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature
Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:41 PM Reply

You used a gun the way it was meant to be used, so that's really not a bad thing. It sucks that you had to use it on your brother, but I guess that was impulsive.
Good luck handling the problems with your brother!

New tune: Yag

BrockManson
BrockManson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Writer
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:45 PM Reply

Do America a favour; never breed.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Noonga
Noonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:52 PM Reply

I don't think you should get into trouble for that.

He was a threat and you dispatched it...what is the point of guns if everytime you take advantage of them the cops have to question you and/or a Trayvon Martin case has to happen.

Anyway support your brother and hope he gets better

BBS Signature
Noonga
Noonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:56 PM Reply

On second thought though it might have just been better to have exited the house and called the cops or something...

But either way what you did resulted in success, still a bit risky tho

BBS Signature
Samkid882
Samkid882
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 01:05 PM Reply

You did the right thing. I once pulled a butcher knife out on my best friend not to long ago in self defense when he came running after me in intent to hurt me. The police were then involved, but they didn't arrest me or anything, BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT. You did the right thing, just like I did. I forgive myself, you should to.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, emotionally and psychically.

Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 01:11 PM Reply

Got a problem? Pull out a gun!

You're certainly have the trait for entering the local police department.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM Reply

I heard that you can go up to 5 or 10 years for pulling a gun on someone. Of course, you claim you had training, so are you part of some police organization? If so, it seems like you were justified in what you were doing. If not, then it seems like you could have just taken a knife or something. I don't know if you can go to jail for threatening someone with a knife. They're a lot easier to get than guns. Oh, and happy marijuana day, unfortunately.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Comrade
Comrade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 12:19 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: I think you did the right thing.

you didn't go in with the intention of actually using the weapon, you just used it to convey your point well enough to subdue him without actually getting physical. You did good, i would say.

That's exactly what I was trying to accomplish.

At 4/20/12 04:16 AM, tox wrote:
At 4/20/12 04:05 AM, Comrade wrote:
At 4/20/12 04:03 AM, tox wrote:
thats not a grenade launcher dude... thats a simple muzzle break add on
It's a grenade launcher.
maybe you dont understand what a muzzle break is compared to a grenade launcher muzzle based ending is and what it looks like...
a sks has a add on that goes on the end of the barel (so a muzzle break) that can have a grenade mounted over top of it so it can shoot, load your round and aim and then fire...
a grenade launcher is based on the idea of a gun that has a individual and separate detachable mount that sits under the muzzle and holds and fires a grenade by it self without using the primary firing mechanism on the gun...

It's not an add on, it's part of the gun specifically designed to hold a grenade. You'd have to cut it off. It doesn't reduce the recoil whatsoever. Plus, you stick a grenade on the end of it and it launches it. I'll just call that a grenade launcher. Really though, it doesn't have anything to do with the actual topic here.

At 4/20/12 10:30 AM, Rallard wrote: Yes.

The excuse that your martial art only teaches techniques that cause grievous injuries is a very weak argument. You weren't in danger. Your brother was just throwing a temper tantrum. What you could have done is try to subdue him in a headlock or hell, even call the police. But you took it way too far when you chambered a round and threatened him with your gun.

He was breaking windows, the walls, and throwing objects while his hands were bleeding and just kept going. I never threatened him with it. I told him to leave my house until he calmed down while I held it at rest in my hands.

If I were to use my training, he'd have a broken nose, possibly a broken collar bone/wrist/arm/rib, and I'd rather not do that to my own flesh and blood, in his right mind or not.

That's some fucked up shit, man. I can't believe some Newgrounders are backing you up on this. Oh wait, yes I can. Newgrounds BBS is full of fucking edgy retard teenagers.

I guess defending your family and your property is a little too edgy for some.

That said, I hope your brother doesn't press charges. You may not have pointed the gun directly at him but he could still provide a convincing argument that you threatened his life with a gun.

Someone on cocaine and/or meth can get me charged for pulling a loaded weapon on them in my own home while they destroyed mine and my family's property and refused to leave?

I wish I could back you up on this. Drug-fueled rage is some of the most annoying shit in the world, especially if it's from a family member. But you handled this improperly, acted on impulse and used a gun to convey your point.

Duely noted.

At 4/20/12 01:11 PM, Jin wrote: Got a problem? Pull out a gun!

I certainly hope you're trolling. If not, you're an idiot.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 01:43 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 03:36 AM, II2none wrote:
At 4/20/12 03:35 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Congrats, you and your brother are both insane. People like you shouldn't own guns. Please get rid of yours and never buy one again.
Dude really? You'd best be trollin.

Yeah right. They both sound fucking insane. Plus that kind of foolish behavior is fuel for the anti-gun douches.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 01:50 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 10:30 AM, Rallard wrote: Yes.

The excuse that your martial art only teaches techniques that cause grievous injuries is a very weak argument. You weren't in danger. Your brother was just throwing a temper tantrum. What you could have done is try to subdue him in a headlock or hell, even call the police. But you took it way too far when you chambered a round and threatened him with your gun.

That's some fucked up shit, man. I can't believe some Newgrounders are backing you up on this. Oh wait, yes I can. Newgrounds BBS is full of fucking edgy retard teenagers.

So what? Better then putting a round into his leg. If you go around punching windows and accting all hostile over a drug test you deserve to have a gun pointed at you. You act like you know the severity of his bothers instability he may have fought back and someone may have ended up in the hospital.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 02:10 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 04:16 AM, tox wrote:
At 4/20/12 04:05 AM, Comrade wrote:
maybe you dont understand what a muzzle break is compared to a grenade launcher is
It's not an add on, it's part of the gun specifically designed to hold a grenade. You'd have to cut it off. It doesn't reduce the recoil whatsoever. Plus, you stick a grenade on the end of it and it launches it. I'll just call that a grenade launcher. Really though, it doesn't have anything to do with the actual topic here.

loaded weapon on them in my own home while they destroyed mine and my family's property and refused to leave?

that is the definition and complete idea of what a muzzle break attachment is in body and material value
go on google and search up "muzzle break models" and you will figure out in a real hurry that the idea that muzzle break is not just limited to a device that either reduces recoil in a certain direction...
it can include a grenade attachment
a fancy design
a directional recoil reducer
a air shock reducer
a silencer
a barrel extender

there are more that do not come to mind but trust me dude what you have if a muzzle break, that is what anything can be defined under when it is put at the end of a barrel, a muzzle (end of the barrel) break (a tool or item attached to said muzzle)
a grenade launcher is specifically defined as either that of a class 1 howitzer class 2 shoulder mounted rocket propelled explosive or a class 3 under arm weapon attachment (all 3 classes must be detachable from the primary weapon or service as a weapon independent of a different weapon) meaning that a muzzle break CANNOT be defined as a grenade launcher, it is defined as a muzzle grenade launcher, it is using the primary feeding power of the gun.

i dont know how to explain this any different or any more simple
you have a muzzle break that can service as a grenade launcher, you do not have a grenade launcher in terms and condition

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Zineth78
Zineth78
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 09:22 AM Reply

There's nothingwrong with what you did. Iwoukd've shot him if I had been in your position.

100% of people who drink water die... true story.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 09:28 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 01:11 PM, Jin wrote: Got a problem? Pull out a gun!

come on, I dont think anyone would feel safe in that situation.

His brother does sound a bit of an idiot/ass but also is violent and mental so who knows what he would have done if he didnt stop him.

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 09:38 AM Reply

Well, as others said in this thread, no you weren't wrong. It calmed him up, but I hope he doesn't press charges.

At 4/20/12 03:35 AM, Sensationalism wrote: People like you shouldn't own guns.

So...people who don't put their finger on the trigger, have the safety on, and do not point it directly at people, should have guns?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 09:39 AM Reply

You should have made him kneel and promise he will ran away and never come back. He was not frightened enough, he might avenge one day. When you are at a disadvantage.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 09:41 AM Reply

I guess you could say you...
...jumped the gun.
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

No, what you did was right.

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 4/21/12 09:28 AM, MrPercie wrote: come on, I dont think anyone would feel safe in that situation.

His brother does sound a bit of an idiot/ass but also is violent and mental so who knows what he would have done if he didnt stop him.

It's also likely OP would've shot his brother if he continued. It's not self-defense by any means.

"I'll decapitate/kill you if you keep on breaking things."

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:12 AM Reply

tox shut the fuck up you stupid fucking cunt

you were justified in pulling a gun, you were being threatened

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
CritcalOne
CritcalOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:14 AM Reply

It wasn't right. It's your brother dude. You should of called the cops or let your parents know. I hope he presses charges and gets your gun license (if any) removed.

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:22 AM Reply

At 4/21/12 10:14 AM, CritcalOne wrote: It wasn't right. It's your brother dude. You should of called the cops or let your parents know. I hope he presses charges and gets your gun license (if any) removed.

Reading the OP is a pretty new and exciting fad. You should try it. His mom was THERE. He was breaking shit and going fucking crazy.

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:27 AM Reply

At 4/21/12 10:14 AM, CritcalOne wrote: It wasn't right. It's your brother dude. You should of called the cops or let your parents know. I hope he presses charges and gets your gun license (if any) removed.

Let his parents know? They were right there when this happened!

With that being said, the only concerns I have about all this is if your brother will press charges or not. But as long as you tell the truth to the officers if they come by to your house about what had happened, then I think you will be justified for your actions.

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
Xergozy
Xergozy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 10:34 AM Reply

What if you actually did use the gun?

Just if your brain had a slightly different chemistry for a split second, bam your brother is dead.

How would you feel?

mb3
mb3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 11:03 AM Reply

If you had to run upstairs to get your gun, I imagine the kitchen was closer. Why didn't you just grab a knife and held that up against his throat to get him out of the house?

|

fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 11:09 AM Reply

Well if you are telling the truth, what you did was right. Well, for the most part. You didn't shoot him or fire off a warning round or anything, you just scared him straight. That's perfectly fine.

I honestly have no qualms with what you did, assuming you're not shitting us to look better.

My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 11:11 AM Reply

At 4/21/12 10:34 AM, Xergozy wrote: What if you actually did use the gun?

Just if your brain had a slightly different chemistry for a split second, bam your brother is dead.

How would you feel?

He would still have been right. And believe it or not, people wigging on dope who are escalating violence generally keep escalating it; either until they hurt someone, or someone else pulls a gun on them.

We can bitch all day about "should this" and "should that" but at the end of the day, most murders occur between people who know each other. Your own brother is more likely to kill you than a stranger.

There's no "should" in that. Lots of people who "should" be alive aren't. Noone was hurt. Fuck your "should"

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 11:14 AM Reply

Yes it is wrong.

いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
Piggler
Piggler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Artist
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 12:35 PM Reply

WHOA! Comrade is so cool! I'm gonna go buy a gun and shoot stuff!

BBS Signature
abbuw
abbuw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 01:08 PM Reply

At 4/21/12 12:35 PM, Piggler wrote: WHOA! Comrade is so cool! I'm gonna go buy a gun and shoot stuff!

Did you even bother to read the original post? He pointed the gun away from him, and chambered a round with the safety on. And the older brother was on a drug fueled rage I am assuming. The older brothers hands were bleeding and he was destroying their property. OP was defending his property and his mother.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Pulled gun on brother. Was I wrong? Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 01:09 PM Reply

Guns are made for defense. When somebody is on drugs in your house busting your family's shit up, you're well within your rights to threaten them with a weapon. Him being your brother doesn't even matter, because at that particular moment he was a threat to himself and people around him and had to be treated as such.