New Topic Respond to this Topic
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
So logic deleted all my projects... Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:03 AM Reply

... Yea, basically that. Luckily I didn't have any unreleased stuff or I would have been pissed. Still sucks that I can't go back to a song now though :( Have any of you guys experienced this? Do any of you have an Idea of how this could have happened, or how I can fix it?

Thanks guys.
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to So logic deleted all my projects... Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:08 AM Reply

get dropbox. mirror your projects folder in dropbox.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to So logic deleted all my projects... Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 08:34 AM Reply

What happened. Were the files just gone one day? Why are you sure Logic did it? If your Logic folder got relocated you can't open recent projects from the File menu because Logic doesn't know where the files are. Have you been using Time machine? Checked your trash bin? Searched for files with .logic in Finder?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to So logic deleted all my projects... Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 12:08 AM, loansindi wrote: get dropbox. mirror your projects folder in dropbox.

My Logic folder is 38 GB so that sure wouldn't work for me, I use a fuckton of uncompressed audio for everything though so mine might be larger than average. If yours is less than 2.5GB Dropbox should be an okay backup solution OP. I personally use a big black sweaty hard disk.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to So logic deleted all my projects... Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 08:44 AM Reply

Unless you pay for a bigger 'box. But that's clearly overpriced if you're not going to work across several computers in different places.

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to So logic deleted all my projects... Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 09:00 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 08:44 AM, Buoy wrote: Unless you pay for a bigger 'box. But that's clearly overpriced if you're not going to work across several computers in different places.

Yes, enough dropbox space for a folder with a fair amount of audio data in it is expensive. But, and this is the important bit, even if you don't need to access it from multiple locations, it's the easiest possible backup scheme. Barring any software that will automatically copy the contents of one folder to another (which almost certainly exists), if you can manage to remind yourself of this most basic backup function, you're free from worrying about a hard drive failure, or breaking your external hard drive, or any other myriad problems most users (myself included) are in -huge- danger of experiencing.

Maintaining good backups is hard.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to So logic deleted all my projects... Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:30 PM Reply

Good point, still I can buy 3-4 1TB hard drives and some good autobackup software for the price of a 2-year 100GB Dropbox subscription and I personally don't value the convenience THAT much, whatever works though.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to So logic deleted all my projects... Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

Fucking Logic.

You sure you didn't get your files moved?

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to So logic deleted all my projects... Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 12:03 AM, benjadaninja wrote: ... Yea, basically that. Luckily I didn't have any unreleased stuff or I would have been pissed. Still sucks that I can't go back to a song now though :( Have any of you guys experienced this? Do any of you have an Idea of how this could have happened, or how I can fix it?
Thanks guys.

Every few weeks I back my projects up on a flash drive.

I'm paranoid about not being able to go back and fix up good tracks once I've either improved, or they just need polishing.