00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

velvetfrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm making a text (based) RPG!

896 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm making a text (based) RPG! 2012-04-19 11:58:26

Hey y'all!
Just thought i'd let you know, I'm making an RPG/adventure-type game, (currently) based on text (msgbox&inputbox's). The coding and spriting is all done by me, so the progress isn's massively fast, but I do make considerable progress almost every day. The game is made in Visual Basics 2010 Express and therefore, you can only play it if you have the application (Which is free from Microsoft website). There is a (reasonably) up to date download on my personal newgrounds page, so if you're interested, be sure to check it out ;)
It's free, but donations are much appreciated.
Just comment on this topic or on my page (which has more information about the game) if you are wondering about anything about my game or the developing at all.
That's all. :)
~MaDSkiLLz

Response to I'm making a text (based) RPG! 2012-04-19 18:44:16

Windows only, made with Visual Basic, compressed in a RAR file.
Nope.

Response to I'm making a text (based) RPG! 2012-04-20 01:29:27

At 4/19/12 06:44 PM, Wolfos wrote: compressed in a RAR file.

Yeah I noticed that, too.
I'm genuinely curious: of all the compression file formats you could have chosen, why in the world did you choose RAR?

Response to I'm making a text (based) RPG! 2012-04-20 01:37:30

I also just noticed this on your user page:

At 4/19/12 11:58 AM, zXMaDSkiLLzXz wrote: but as i previously said, I am new to this [...] and therefore i have no idea of how to compile it

How are you even testing the game if you can't compile it?
Are you just writing out code and hoping that it will work?

I really don't understand how you're making this.

Response to I'm making a text (based) RPG! 2012-04-20 03:19:44

At 4/20/12 01:37 AM, Diki wrote: I also just noticed this on your user page:

At 4/19/12 11:58 AM, zXMaDSkiLLzXz wrote: but as i previously said, I am new to this [...] and therefore i have no idea of how to compile it
How are you even testing the game if you can't compile it?
Are you just writing out code and hoping that it will work?

I really don't understand how you're making this.

Microsoft Visual Basics has a compiler within the program, but you can't run the game without Visual Basics... Yet. I used winrar because it was the closest thing accessable to me when I was uploading. Bearing in mind that the game is only at a basic beta stage still, I didn't want to put it up with something which would have took a long amount of time, as I will have I upload it again at a later stage.
~MaDSkiLLz

Response to I'm making a text (based) RPG! 2012-04-20 03:22:53

At 4/20/12 01:29 AM, Diki wrote:
At 4/19/12 06:44 PM, Wolfos wrote: compressed in a RAR file.
Yeah I noticed that, too.
I'm genuinely curious: of all the compression file formats you could have chosen, why in the world did you choose RAR?

Yeah, sorry about that, I'll zip it when I get home.

Response to I'm making a text (based) RPG! 2012-04-22 12:37:16

Files have been zipped and re-uploaded. Download is available at my page, update probably coming out later on today, or tomorrow.
~MaDSkiLLz