Be a Supporter!
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-17 21:16:54 Reply

Since I recently lost my beloved Cat, and Tom Fulp even experienced his share in pet loss with the unfortunate passing of Sherbert I thought I'd make a pet lovers crew. You can talk about cats, dogs, birds and whatever methods or techniques you have to share with each other. If you don't have a pet but used to have one please post a tribute here expressing your love and affection for them. My Cat is waiting for me in Rainbow Bridge now, it's only been 6 days since her passing and she will soon be long gone from my life, but never absent from my heart.

I only have a few simple rules
-You must have at least one pet, or have previously had one
-No discussion against pets will be allowed
-If an animal in your life has passed away, please post a tribute

If any of you currently/formerly had/have a dog, cat, bird or any sort of pet please post there name and tell me a little bit about there personality. My Cat was a very understanding, loving creature, and she took nearly all the negative away from my life. She always comforted me up until her final moments in life, she was never selfish expressing her love and warmth to everyone in the family. While my brother instantly replaced her by instantly bringing a new kitten into our home from a friend's house, I personally will never forget her from my memory or heart and she will live on there forever until the day I meet her at Rainbow Bridge. Now please, tell me a little bit about your pet, there name and a little bit about them.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-17 22:18:37 Reply

Really? Nobody? I thought with the passing of Sherbert there's surely be more....

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-18 08:02:03 Reply

At 4/17/12 09:16 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Since I recently lost my beloved Cat, and Tom Fulp even experienced his share in pet loss with the unfortunate passing of Sherbert I thought I'd make a pet lovers crew. You can talk about cats, dogs, birds and whatever methods or techniques you have to share with each other.

I think that is is a good idea for a club, personally I usually have more exotic pets such as lizards and I'd be more then happy6 to answer any questions people may have about the care of such animals and what I found to be the best methods of feeding them and such.

At 4/17/12 10:18 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Really? Nobody? I thought with the passing of Sherbert there's surely be more....

You have to give people time, clubs tend to start of slow but I'm sure you'll at least get a few posts.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-18 08:46:17 Reply

At 4/18/12 08:02 AM, Decky wrote: I think that is is a good idea for a club, personally I usually have more exotic pets such as lizards and I'd be more then happy6 to answer any questions people may have about the care of such animals and what I found to be the best methods of feeding them and such.

Really? What's his name, and how long have you had him. My friend has three salamander's but there family cycles through pets like straw wrappers.

You have to give people time, clubs tend to start of slow but I'm sure you'll at least get a few posts.

I hope this is the case, that this is just one slow beginning club

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-18 09:19:33 Reply

At 4/18/12 08:46 AM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 4/18/12 08:02 AM, Decky wrote: I think that is is a good idea for a club, personally I usually have more exotic pets such as lizards and I'd be more then happy6 to answer any questions people may have about the care of such animals and what I found to be the best methods of feeding them and such.
Really? What's his name, and how long have you had him. My friend has three salamander's but there family cycles through pets like straw wrappers.

Well sadly I don't have him anymore but I used to have a Savannah Monitor. I had to give him away when I moved house, his name was Vincent and I do miss him. If I was to get another lizard it'd probably be a leopard gecko or a day gecko. I've always liked geckos, there is something charming about them.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-20 07:16:02 Reply

I'll gladly join this crew! i have a weak spot for animals, and i just love my pets
Currently my family has a dog, a pointer mix, and a cat, fat
i'll post pics later, i dont have my camera with me now

At 4/17/12 09:16 PM, tyler2513 wrote: -If an animal in your life has passed away, please post a tribute

Please dont make me recall all those deaths :'(

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-20 08:42:39 Reply

At 4/18/12 09:04 PM, Protagonist wrote: This is my cat Jonas. I found him when he was just a kitten. Hes slightly bigger now than in the photo, and I've had him for almost a year but he hasn't really grown in size. I guess hes a small cat. When I found him, his mother was feeding all of them.
He had 2 brothers, a litter of all boys. I got a box and some cat food and lured the mother in, and took all the kittens. When I brought them in they were all infested with ear mites, so I had to clean their ears daily until I could get the medicine to get it to stop.

Their mother was sick, and died. Don't know how, couldn't tell so I never took her to the vet. Meanwhile, my wife was getting sick and told me to set them up for adoption ( Shes allergic to cats ). I was going to set all of them up, but then one night when I'm sleeping. This little guy jumps on my face and begins licking my mustache. Cute little guy, couldn't even think about setting him for adoption after that.

My wife allowed me to keep just that one as long as the other two went for adoption. I was OK with that, they were kind of messy anyway. Even since Jonas as been one of my pet pals.

That sounds so great! It's almost like a pet can tell who and when there meant to be with someone. Some cats prefer humans over fellow cats, just as some humans prefer cats over fellow humans. He sounds like such an energetic guy and sounds like he could be lots of fun. Maybe his type doesn't start growing for a couple years or so, I know several cats that are the exact same size basically up until there midway through life span.

Well sadly I don't have him anymore but I used to have a Savannah Monitor. I had to give him away when I moved house, his name was Vincent and I do miss him. If I was to get another lizard it'd probably be a leopard gecko or a day gecko. I've always liked geckos, there is something charming about them.

That's a shame, I find lizards are one of those pets you really need a perfect owner to look after. If I ever had one and had to give it away, I'd surely have some strict criteria that the owner would have to follow. There such happy fellows, my cousin's salamander was always climbing around sticking out his tongue and appreciated some petting but when he had enough he'd more then just warn you to stop.

BBS Signature
NiteCrow
NiteCrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-20 09:19:59 Reply

Hi, i have a cat, named Masha (russian name, i don't really know why we gave it to HIM while it's a female name :D), have had it since i was 5 years old, now i'm almost 16, so he kinda grew with me. These day's he's kind of lazy, sleeping and eating all the time, although sometimes he get's these random 'I wanna play!' moments. There were so many things that happened to it that i can't really name them all, but the most memoriable was this. I live in the third floor. It was summer, so the window in the kitchen was open. My mom went to the kitchen to close the window, because it was night already. She closed the window and went back to sleep. Suddenly, she heard a scratching noise, and at first she thought that Masha is on the hunt for birds again (he always goes wild when he see's bird flying). But after the second time, she got worried and went to check. And there he was...on the other side of the window... My mom quicly let him in, and Masha meowed with graditude. Oh, and by the way, he is black as the night. Anyway, hope to be a frequent member here ^^

My art Thread, prepare to get your eyes burned!

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-20 09:33:46 Reply

A lot of people posting about there cats in here. Personally I've never really been a fan of them, although I recently got a new girlfriend and she has many of the lil' buggers so I'm slowly getting used to them being around. I just find them slightly boring and they seem to only turn up when they want to (for food mainly). Out of cats and dogs I'm dogs all the way.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-20 09:41:29 Reply

Sorry for the double post but I didn't see this.

At 4/20/12 08:42 AM, tyler2513 wrote: That's a shame, I find lizards are one of those pets you really need a perfect owner to look after. If I ever had one and had to give it away, I'd surely have some strict criteria that the owner would have to follow. There such happy fellows, my cousin's salamander was always climbing around sticking out his tongue and appreciated some petting but when he had enough he'd more then just warn you to stop.

Yeah I agree. When I gave him away it was to a family friend who I knew would look after him well and he lived out the rest of his days as happy as he could be which made me extremely happy. As for when lizards have had enough of being petted, not many types of lizard/amphibian like being handled so may would just go to bite or growl/hiss when you go anywhere near them. Most geckos enjoy being handled other then the legendarily nasty Tokay Gecko (picture below). My friend got one and hear of there nasty nature so he put a pencil near one and it bite right through it. Not bad for something around 8 inches long.

Pet Lovers Crew

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-20 19:46:02 Reply

At 4/20/12 09:19 AM, NiteCrow wrote: Hi, i have a cat, named Masha (russian name, i don't really know why we gave it to HIM while it's a female name :D), have had it since i was 5 years old, now i'm almost 16, so he kinda grew with me. These day's he's kind of lazy, sleeping and eating all the time, although sometimes he get's these random 'I wanna play!' moments. There were so many things that happened to it that i can't really name them all, but the most memoriable was this. I live in the third floor. It was summer, so the window in the kitchen was open. My mom went to the kitchen to close the window, because it was night already. She closed the window and went back to sleep. Suddenly, she heard a scratching noise, and at first she thought that Masha is on the hunt for birds again (he always goes wild when he see's bird flying). But after the second time, she got worried and went to check. And there he was...on the other side of the window... My mom quicly let him in, and Masha meowed with graditude. Oh, and by the way, he is black as the night. Anyway, hope to be a frequent member here ^^

That's amazing, and a bit scary to think what would have happened if you had him declawed. How old was he when he did this? He sounds like a very healthy, yet adventurous cat. 11 years is quite the time to truly bond with a cat, mine lived quite the age to, but the average age for females is 15, while the average age for males is 13. Anyways we got my cat apparently from a barn in April 1993 so her birthday was always early April, and she passed away this previous April 10th. Masha sounds like quite the explorer like my old cat Columbus (you can tell he was adventurous) who was my female cat's kitten and died in 2009 at the age of 13 which is the average male cat life expectancy. He was three months older than me.

At 4/20/12 10:19 AM, Decky wrote:
Yeah I agree. When I gave him away it was to a family friend who I knew would look after him well and he lived out the rest of his days as happy as he could be which made me extremely happy. As for when lizards have had enough of being petted, not many types of lizard/amphibian like being handled so may would just go to bite or growl/hiss when you go anywhere near them. Most geckos enjoy being handled other then the legendarily nasty Tokay Gecko (picture below). My friend got one and hear of there nasty nature so he put a pencil near one and it bite right through it. Not bad for something around 8 inches long.

Wow, that is quite deadly. I hate to piss animals off but then I like to really bond with them in whatever manner I can so I normally just have to have face to face kind of bonds which lizards and amphibians rather than touching them. It was like my Aunt's old cat Sherman who was 12 when he ran away, I always pet him every time he was there because they all hated him for being a grouchy old "pussy". Even though he'd only be grateful for a few minutes before he fiercely scratched me I still enjoyed hearing even one of the grouchiest animals ever purr.

BBS Signature
NiteCrow
NiteCrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-21 04:59:40 Reply

At 4/20/12 07:46 PM, tyler2513 wrote:

That's amazing, and a bit scary to think what would have happened if you had him declawed. How old was he when he did this? He sounds like a very healthy, yet adventurous cat. 11 years is quite the time to truly bond with a cat, mine lived quite the age to, but the average age for females is 15, while the average age for males is 13. Anyways we got my cat apparently from a barn in April 1993 so her birthday was always early April, and she passed away this previous April 10th. Masha sounds like quite the explorer like my old cat Columbus (you can tell he was adventurous) who was my female cat's kitten and died in 2009 at the age of 13 which is the average male cat life expectancy. He was three months older than me.

He was 9 years old when it happened. He used to jump out the window sometimes, and since the ground below isn't pavement but softish ground with grass everywhere, he landed on the ground and would sit there sniffing everything until we took him back home. When i was little, used to play with him alot, but mistreat him a little, like most of the little kids do. He was kind of afraid of me at times, but still would let me to pet him. Then i started treating him better, it took some time, but he started liking me more and more, not being afraid anymore. He doesn't know any tricks or stuff like that, but i somehow tought him one thing. I call his name, and when he turns his head to me, i just pat somewhere, and he comes there. Ofcourse, then he waits for a petting sesion, but he always comes. At nights he feels a bit lonely, so he comes to sleep right next to me. He isn't agressive, and every new person he meets is very interesting to him. But i feel that the day is nearing in to him, as he started to lose balance sometimes, sometimes he can't jump really high. But at times, i forget that he is 11 and he acts as a kiitten...a very overgrown kitten ^^. He is probably the strangest cat i've ever seen, One thing that is strange about him is that he can't purr... well, atleast loudly. His purr is a very faint noise, you can hear it only when you're near the little thing that makes the purr (the one that you can feel vibrate when you gently press your hand onto his throath). Really sorry about your cat though.

My art Thread, prepare to get your eyes burned!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-21 11:04:52 Reply

At 4/21/12 04:59 AM, NiteCrow wrote:
At 4/20/12 07:46 PM, tyler2513 wrote:

He was 9 years old when it happened. He used to jump out the window sometimes, and since the ground below isn't pavement but softish ground with grass everywhere, he landed on the ground and would sit there sniffing everything until we took him back home. When i was little, used to play with him alot, but mistreat him a little, like most of the little kids do. He was kind of afraid of me at times, but still would let me to pet him. Then i started treating him better, it took some time, but he started liking me more and more, not being afraid anymore. He doesn't know any tricks or stuff like that, but i somehow tought him one thing. I call his name, and when he turns his head to me, i just pat somewhere, and he comes there. Ofcourse, then he waits for a petting sesion, but he always comes. At nights he feels a bit lonely, so he comes to sleep right next to me. He isn't agressive, and every new person he meets is very interesting to him. But i feel that the day is nearing in to him, as he started to lose balance sometimes, sometimes he can't jump really high. But at times, i forget that he is 11 and he acts as a kiitten...a very overgrown kitten ^^. He is probably the strangest cat i've ever seen, One thing that is strange about him is that he can't purr... well, atleast loudly. His purr is a very faint noise, you can hear it only when you're near the little thing that makes the purr (the one that you can feel vibrate when you gently press your hand onto his throath). Really sorry about your cat though.

Haha, he sounds so funny and acts a little bit like a tiny dog. Yeah, the average life expectancy for male cat's is only 13 but with his health he sounds like he might even outlast my cat, who was a female. He sounds like an anxious little guy who loves having company. I know what you mean with mistreating animals when we were younger, I used to trap my poor little kitty in the laundry basket and wouldn't take it off until she lays perfectly still so I can pet her. I certainly had some bad methods, but as she got older I promised to make it up to her to give her the perfect life and I took care of her the best I could. An let's not forget, there was a cat who lived to be 38.

BBS Signature
nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-27 23:39:59 Reply

My puppy is still alive and well, but sometimes he gets out of bed to throw up, he gets a common flu or bug here and there.
He's had some pretty bad ticks in the past but he's a wonderful little puppy.

http://profile.cheezburger.com/S3XKitt3nz/pics
Here's his cheezeburger.
Personally I am not witty or very funny so you can still look at the pictures of him and see how cute he is :3
I'll be working on my being witty and supa funneh.

Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-28 00:18:13 Reply

I've probably posted enough about my beloved dog on this forum. So I won't try to bore anyone. I'll just say that I have a 9 year old border collie who'd been my best friend since I got her as a tiny puppy. I'm going to miss her so much when she dies.

Anyway. I've decided recently that I want to honour our bond, because she has meant that much to me, so I'm thinking of doing the whole pet paw tattoo thing. Get some shoe polish and do a print of her left paw then I want to get that tattoed onto my own left hand, just below the wrist.

Probably won't look that great but its something I feel I need to do so in spirit she'll be with me still.

Thoughts?

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-28 00:27:24 Reply

At 4/28/12 12:18 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Anyway. I've decided recently that I want to honour our bond, because she has meant that much to me, so I'm thinking of doing the whole pet paw tattoo thing. Get some shoe polish and do a print of her left paw then I want to get that tattoed onto my own left hand, just below the wrist.

Probably won't look that great but its something I feel I need to do so in spirit she'll be with me still.

Thoughts?

sounds like a great idea, i wish i could do something like that to honor my dead dog, but i dont like getting tattoos.
Go for it

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-28 06:43:55 Reply

At 4/28/12 12:18 AM, Gagsy wrote: Anyway. I've decided recently that I want to honour our bond, because she has meant that much to me, so I'm thinking of doing the whole pet paw tattoo thing. Get some shoe polish and do a print of her left paw then I want to get that tattoed onto my own left hand, just below the wrist.

Thoughts?

My mate has that tattoo, we laughed at him. Mainly because his dog died as a puppy so it has a small paw and the words Pup (I can't remember it's name) 2011 - 2011. What a fool.

I'm big on tattoos, they are basically what I'm all about and I've never been able to justify a pet tattoo, from the kinda creepy pet portrait tattoo to your idea. Don't get me wrong I love animals I just don't think I could give up space on my body for a memorial to my dog or whatever. But if you want it go for it.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-28 08:36:52 Reply

At 4/28/12 06:43 AM, Decky wrote:
My mate has that tattoo, we laughed at him. Mainly because his dog died as a puppy so it has a small paw and the words Pup (I can't remember it's name) 2011 - 2011. What a fool.

The name and date is a bit silly 3: I just want a paw. Her left on my left.

I'm big on tattoos, they are basically what I'm all about and I've never been able to justify a pet tattoo, from the kinda creepy pet portrait tattoo to your idea. Don't get me wrong I love animals I just don't think I could give up space on my body for a memorial to my dog or whatever. But if you want it go for it.

I appreciate your input honestly and thanks.

A bit about me though.

I gave up eating meat 9 years ago as a tribute to a dead hamster. The hamster hasn't even made it much past 2 (as is average really), I just felt guilty that I didn't notice the hamster had been dead sooner. So I did something as a tribute to ease my guilty conscience. And I still haven't eaten meat since. Thats kinda my commitment to pets. Its foolish really, I seem too care too much about animals, and none more than my dog. So I do really want to do something because I'm most likely never going to love a pet more than I have this one. For me, its on the same par as a parent getting their childs name tattooed on themselves. And I imagine any parent would scoff at the idea of someone placing a pet as important in their life as a child, but thats it. Whatever happens in my future, for thise 9 years so far (and hopefully a fair few more), my dog has been my best friend.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-28 11:02:40 Reply

At 4/28/12 08:36 AM, Gagsy wrote:
I gave up eating meat 9 years ago as a tribute to a dead hamster. The hamster hasn't even made it much past 2 (as is average really), I just felt guilty that I didn't notice the hamster had been dead sooner. So I did something as a tribute to ease my guilty conscience. And I still haven't eaten meat since. Thats kinda my commitment to pets. Its foolish really, I seem too care too much about animals, and none more than my dog. So I do really want to do something because I'm most likely never going to love a pet more than I have this one. For me, its on the same par as a parent getting their childs name tattooed on themselves. And I imagine any parent would scoff at the idea of someone placing a pet as important in their life as a child, but thats it. Whatever happens in my future, for thise 9 years so far (and hopefully a fair few more), my dog has been my best friend.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier my stupid faggot little pansy brother broke our third keyboard this year. Stupid prick.

Anyways, that sounds like a great idea! I know, when I told people losing my cat was like losing a beloved family member (not a family member, a beloved family member) they told me that was stupid. I honestly think if you have a strong enough bond with an animal it's as heavy as losing a human being best friend or even a distant or close family member. When my Grandpa died, I held back the tears and prayed for him several times. When my cat died, I brought ONE (I repeat, ONE) box of nutrition bars and my laptop into my room and just wept for both Saturday, Sunday and halfway through Monday (I skipped school). I only came out for using the bathroom and once to go for a walk up to the hockey courts and back.

But yes, I think this is a really nice idea, some people are to stupid to realize how much a pet can really mean to someone. I think they consider pets little animals that keep us happy, so when they die they think "aww...now I have nothing to play with or nothing fuzzy to pet" but some of us (the smart ones) realize how much they meant to us and how they were true family members and best friends.

Also, speaking of my faggot little brother, he wept as hard as I did when he found out Playful (my cat) had passed away, but less than 2 days later he came into my room as I cried eating a granola bar, he said "guess what! Mathew (his gay friend) has a cat which just had kittens and he said in May we can have one!" That made me cry even more to which point I said GTFO. Now he's happy as a little toddler (even though he's 12) and I actually wrote a few journal entries to my cat explaining how much I wish she understood how much I love and understood her personality. I know it sounds stupid but it just felt like the write thing to do.

BBS Signature
saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-28 13:01:38 Reply

I've had a hamster, mice, countless fish, and 3 cats. I had one cat when i was little, then I had fish, mice, and 1 hamster in between and then in April 2008 I got two kittens. Two black cats: named Mario and Luigi. They are the best darn cats ever. I've probably posted pictures of them on NG before, and I can't be arsed to go find the camera but let it be known they are awesome.

It's funny though, Mario is the skinny one and Luigi is the fat one. It wasn't so when we got them, but Mario looks heavier cause he's part Maine Coon where as Luigi is relatively short-haired. Must be different fathers, but they were birthed from the same mother. So they are biological half brothers, I guess. They both have a single white patch of fur on their necks, while the rest of them is black.

There's my contribution. As you can tell, I'm a cat person. Cat person now and forever.

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-28 17:17:34 Reply

Sweet, I thought I was the only one into heavy petting around here.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-28 23:15:32 Reply

At 4/28/12 05:17 PM, Racoonmario wrote: Sweet, I thought I was the only one into heavy petting around here.

ha ha, no i heavily pet my little doggy everyday. <3

Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-29 07:48:57 Reply

At 4/28/12 01:01 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: Cat person now and forever.

What is with all these cat people? Why won't somebody join me in reptile corner? We have scales and once every few months we shed are skin like our cold-blooded friends....Now that I say it out loud that does sound pretty horrifying.

BBS Signature
saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-29 10:08:29 Reply

At 4/29/12 07:48 AM, Decky wrote:
What is with all these cat people?

You could join us. We're always accepting new recruits.

Pet Lovers Crew

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-04-29 10:53:59 Reply

At 4/29/12 10:08 AM, SaltshakerClock wrote:
At 4/29/12 07:48 AM, Decky wrote:
What is with all these cat people?
You could join us. We're always accepting new recruits.

NEVER!

It's lizards all the way. They are so thoughtful.

Pet Lovers Crew

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-05-03 11:02:22 Reply

At 4/28/12 01:01 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: I've had a hamster, mice, countless fish, and 3 cats. I had one cat when i was little, then I had fish, mice, and 1 hamster in between and then in April 2008 I got two kittens. Two black cats: named Mario and Luigi. They are the best darn cats ever. I've probably posted pictures of them on NG before, and I can't be arsed to go find the camera but let it be known they are awesome.

It's funny though, Mario is the skinny one and Luigi is the fat one. It wasn't so when we got them, but Mario looks heavier cause he's part Maine Coon where as Luigi is relatively short-haired. Must be different fathers, but they were birthed from the same mother. So they are biological half brothers, I guess. They both have a single white patch of fur on their necks, while the rest of them is black.

There's my contribution. As you can tell, I'm a cat person. Cat person now and forever.

Finally got a new keyboard so I can reply again. Sorry it took so long.

This sounds like a really nice friendly environment you have there, although it sounds strange to have cats, fish and mice but I've seen a bird sleeping on a cat before, it was quite the sight. I really enjoy those kind of environments where people have coaxed natural enemies into being friendly with each other, as I always enjoy seeing cats and dogs getting along. Do you still own the hamster or any mice?

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-05-03 15:46:47 Reply

Good evening Pet Lovers Crew, I put this question to you all. What do you think of the whole excotic pets market? Is it harmful? Do you generally think that owning an exotic pet is a stupid idea? If not what one would you own and why? Just quite curious to what people think? Here's some links if you want some info:

Personally I'm not a big fan of the exotic pets trade if it effects an endangered species but I do like the idea of having a pet that nobody has in my area, that's probably so people think that I'm some sort of "character", somebody you'd like to have a drink with. As long as he doesn't set his Alligator on you. It would be cool to own a Slow Loris though, think it maybe endangered. I'll stick to lizards.

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-05-03 16:47:44 Reply

At 5/3/12 03:46 PM, Decky wrote: Good evening Pet Lovers Crew, I put this question to you all. What do you think of the whole excotic pets market? Is it harmful? Do you generally think that owning an exotic pet is a stupid idea? If not what one would you own and why? Just quite curious to what people think? Here's some links if you want some info:

Personally I'm not a big fan of the exotic pets trade if it effects an endangered species but I do like the idea of having a pet that nobody has in my area, that's probably so people think that I'm some sort of "character", somebody you'd like to have a drink with. As long as he doesn't set his Alligator on you. It would be cool to own a Slow Loris though, think it maybe endangered. I'll stick to lizards.

I generally dislike the exotic pets market, myself. Most exotic pets don't do very well in captivity, or at least not nearly as well as dogs, cats, and other common pets, which have been bred for generations to be human companions. A pet doesn't have to be "different" or "unique" for me to love it, after all.

That said, hi, nice crew. I've had many pets over the years and loved all of them very much. Listing the deceased and the circumstances to which they owe their demise would take quite a bit of space and I'm sure nobody wants to read such a depressing wall of text. I certainly don't want to write one.

Currently I have three dogs; two of which are border collies and siblings, the third is an older mutt we rescued from the pound. They're all great and they love running freely on our land, protecting our home and other pets from coyotes, deer, raccoons, skunks, porcupines, and the occasional bear. One of the collies, Pucca, was stricken by a falling tree a couple months ago, which broke several ribs and collapsed both her lungs. Fortunately we were able to get her to the vet in time and she's nearly fully recovered now, though I'm sure she's still sore.

I also have a handful of cats, two of them living in the house, the other three outside. They all love attention and they're extremely affectionate. Every time they see me they meow, brush against my legs, and purr.

I've got chickens too, but they're not exactly empathic creatures. They just sort of roam around eating bugs and stuff.

Last but not least are my two horses. They're both pretty old, but they really love being ridden. You should see the way they light up when you put a saddle on their backs. It's like it gives them a purpose. One of them, Eugene, is tough to ride; once you get on he just gallops away. He has two settings: stop and go. He's almost more like a dog than a horse. The other, Nutmeg, is older and calmer. I call him the "Mexican wetback pony" because he originally got into the country illegally from Mexico.

(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-05-13 16:38:50 Reply

It's now been over a month since the passing of my cat and I can't get used to a new routine. My house life would evolve around her, I would absolutely never walk by her without stooping down to pet her and no matter how sad, angry or scared I was I'd always smile when I saw her and she'd always reply in response. The rest of my house has easily moved on, as my brother did the night after her passing, but now there all excited to get a new kitten. My cat was around since before I was born and they don't even seem to care. My older brother, who is 26 as of yesterday but who got her when he was I think 8 years old, seemed a little upset then went to go get his cake. I feel like I was the only one who really appreciated her because she really understood me and was the only thing in life that I knew would never abandon me. She, unlike any other, actually cared for me and always came to see me, and I hope she knows I'll never forget her and I will always love an remember her, unfortunately she'll have to wait until the day I die so we can meet again.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 2012-05-14 10:16:05 Reply

At 5/13/12 04:38 PM, tyler2513 wrote: (stuff)

It's hard when a pet passes away, nobody would say any different but you will get over it. I had a dog that was bought for me on my 2nd birthday, he grew up with me until he died when I was 16. I was upset for a while as it seemed that I had lost my best friend but in time it became easier. You just have to let go, there is nothing that you or anybody could do to change the situation. Maybe this new kitten that you are getting will ease the pain and you'll in time learn to love it, though your first pet is always special.

BBS Signature