Be a Supporter!
NiteCrow
NiteCrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Pet Lovers Crew May. 17th, 2012 @ 10:40 AM Reply

Exotic pets are nice, as long as it isn't really messing up the natural order and the owners know how to own them. But those exotic pets actually must be taken care of since their very first days, and only when they've lost their mother. I'm personaly against all those people who think that owning wild animals is good. Like a family who took home a fox. I mean, really. I understand it when someone takes home an injured animal, ofcourse, if they have the experience for this kind of stuff. But taking home completely healthy wild animals is just too much.

And yeah, cats are like that. They do what ever they want to, it's hard to train them to do something, they're quite smart animals you know. Also, a cat can fall down from 10th floor and survive. I know a person who owned a cat like that, but the lil' fella died when the usuall routine "hunt the crows from the roof" went bad, as the crows (probably) troubled the guy on the way down and he could land on his paws correctly

My art Thread, prepare to get your eyes burned!

BBS Signature
rocky99213
rocky99213
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew May. 17th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM Reply

I love my dog.

IT'S GONNA RAIN!
I love getting medals. Total medal points: 31,470
I Never log off.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew May. 17th, 2012 @ 06:36 PM Reply

At 5/17/12 10:40 AM, NiteCrow wrote: Exotic pets are nice, as long as it isn't really messing up the natural order and the owners know how to own them. But those exotic pets actually must be taken care of since their very first days, and only when they've lost their mother. I'm personaly against all those people who think that owning wild animals is good. Like a family who took home a fox. I mean, really. I understand it when someone takes home an injured animal, ofcourse, if they have the experience for this kind of stuff. But taking home completely healthy wild animals is just too much.

And yeah, cats are like that. They do what ever they want to, it's hard to train them to do something, they're quite smart animals you know. Also, a cat can fall down from 10th floor and survive. I know a person who owned a cat like that, but the lil' fella died when the usuall routine "hunt the crows from the roof" went bad, as the crows (probably) troubled the guy on the way down and he could land on his paws correctly

Yeah that is totally true, my Mom says we got our dog and cat from the same farm and they were always little friends. We took them home a few months old apparently and the farmer no longer had either of there mothers. I also hate seeing certain families cycle through new pets more often than cycling through garbage bags or ounces of pot. This description meets my friend's family who lives not to far from here and he always talks about his new animals like there special or there going to be staying awhile when we all know they just get locked up overnight in a cage or something while there out partying and such and hardly get any attention....it really makes me sad...

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew May. 21st, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

We got a new cat today, so soon after my last cat's passing. We've named him Sylvester because he's black and white, and two months old. He follows me everywhere I go so far and he's really playful. By the way I don't think I've mentioned this but my last cat, the one we had before I was born was named Playful. He can't seemed to sit still but he won't leave me alone for a moment, but I think that's because cats can tell when somebodies depressed and they like to stick with them. He has the cutest meow ever but everytime I pet him I cry and can't help but feel so sorry for overcoming my previous cat's death. Before she died at the foot of my bed I promised her I'd never forget her and she'd always get the first spot in my heart and be my true best friend forever. I love and miss her everyday.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 01:03 AM Reply

I didn't want to make a thread of it to annoy anyone, but my boxer of 8 years just passed on June 5th.
He was always good and obedient, we will miss him. His name was Charlie, he had started getting some health problems a week ago. He somehow broke his legs from his previous owner at a young age, but he always found a way to walk.
I do miss him, and I'm sure my other 2 dogs will too.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 02:13 AM Reply

At 5/21/12 04:41 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Before she died at the foot of my bed I promised her I'd never forget her and she'd always get the first spot in my heart and be my true best friend forever. I love and miss her everyday.

Thats so sweet tyler and I completely get that connection you had with your cat. You won't ever forget her and you'll cherish her memory which is a lovely tribute really. I'm sorry for your loss still.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 07:59 AM Reply

At 6/6/12 07:51 AM, Ejit wrote: Got back yesterday and the new rescue dog hates me, haven't had any sleep because he barks at me the whole time

I once got a rescue dog and it was quite aggressive too, we think he was beaten or something. Strange stuff like pointing at him would make him go psycho for a while. Crazy bastard even had a habit of going mental at people in luminous jackets. He would have been more scary if he wasn't a Jack Russell.

Anyway, after a while he started to calm down and chances are that is what your dog will do too. Just for the love of God don't pet them till you know they're not going to flip out. I got bite too many times.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jun. 6th, 2012 @ 08:20 PM Reply

At 6/6/12 07:43 PM, Ejit wrote: That new rescue dog I was talking about has just been stolen by supposed gypsies who (via the phone no. on his collar) demanded a ransom and refused to tell me where they are or where they would want to meet even if I were to give them the Ã'£250.

That's pretty heavy man. To be honest I haven't really heard of anything of the sort happening around where I live unless it's a pretty rare breed of dog or something. You just have to keep your fingers crossed that they'll give him back. Are you going to pay the ransom?

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 05:51 AM Reply

At 6/6/12 10:23 PM, Ejit wrote:
I would, but the people I spoke to on the phone from the police assured me that a. they'd send someone round to talk it over with properly and b. they'd go and look around on a local gypsy site, but they haven't come round and i've heard nothing else on either front. Wish I had agreed to pay for it originally now, but at the same time it's not something you want to encourage.

Worried that they've just let it go after I let on I knew what they were doing - in the original call the guy said he had bought the dog from a stranger at the train station, then gone home to Harwich a good 30 miles away and realised it had a tag on, so phoned me but was out of pocket by 250 pounds if he gave it back, the implication obviously being that I should reimburse him. A forgiveable story but for the fact the dog hadn't been missing 5 minutes.

It's all despicable, and the police don't give a shit seemingly because the dog isn't an expensive breed. "Just a collie cross?" etc.

Christ what a bunch of complete cunts. I've heard of this sort of thing happening before just never with anyone I know personally. Honestly its worried me before with someone taking my dog for ransom money. I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you. If the police said they'd get in touch and haven't then you need to chase them up, keep calling until they send someone over to your house for a statement and that they agree to go straight to that gypsy site you mentioned.

Do you still have the number for the people who took the dog? Or did they use a blocked number? if you can call them and you want the dog back desperately then tell them you can pay just not that amount. If they are just looking to make a quick buck then they likely would be happy to give the dog back for £50. But yeah its not something you ever want to encourage. I can't pretend though that I wouldn't fork it out for my own dog.

Good luck Ejit. Thats a really fucking sucky thing to happen.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 07:03 AM Reply

At 6/7/12 06:26 AM, Ejit wrote:
Police were better this morning, I phoned the people who had the dog and said I'd give them the money then told the police what was happening. Halfway there though we got a call from the cunts saying they'd let him out of the barn they'd locked him in and he'd run away. They've been arrested now but it seems like the priority there is trying them for theft/blackmail/extortion rather than finding the dog which I've had no help in doing. Unfortunately it's a very rural area and not very nearby, so it's hard to be optimistic.

I know your concern right now is the dog as mine would be too but its still a good thing that those cunts are looking to get done for blackmail and that. Its a shitty sliver lining as your dog is still missing but at least they won't be able to do it again hopefully to anyone else.

Cheers. Just got a call from the rescue place asking how he was settling in which was awkward/upsetting.

Ouch. You never know though, maybe someone will pick the dog up. Keep in touch with the police about strays found and other animal rescue centres in the area in case they've found the dog. The dog has tags right on his collar? Which is why those gypsies could call you? Hopefully someone genuine will spot the dog this time and call you. I hope so anyway.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 6/6/12 01:03 AM, MrRager wrote: I didn't want to make a thread of it to annoy anyone, but my boxer of 8 years just passed on June 5th.
He was always good and obedient, we will miss him. His name was Charlie, he had started getting some health problems a week ago. He somehow broke his legs from his previous owner at a young age, but he always found a way to walk.
I do miss him, and I'm sure my other 2 dogs will too.

No problem, in the General forum they don't really take anything seriously anyway. How long did you have Charlie? He sounds like a very tough, brave dog and must have loved you very much to have continued a happy live with more than one broken leg. May you meet again in Rainbow Bridge.

At 5/21/12 04:41 PM, Gagsy wrote:
Thats so sweet tyler and I completely get that connection you had with your cat. You won't ever forget her and you'll cherish her memory which is a lovely tribute really. I'm sorry for your loss still.

Thankyou, that's all I ever wanted her to know and I'm sure she does. As long as I keep her memory and spirit in me wherever I go I'll meet her again in the afterlife, and will always contain her in my heart.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 08:21 PM Reply

I love cats and dogs. I can join up with this. Here's a picture of some of my animals: Stubby (Fat Black Cat with Pink collar), Oreo (Other Black Cat), Toni (Grey Cat), Archie (Black Dog), and Izzy (Brown Dog)

Tell me how cute they are dammit

Pet Lovers Crew

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 6/19/12 08:21 PM, ZJ wrote: I love cats and dogs. I can join up with this. Here's a picture of some of my animals: Stubby (Fat Black Cat with Pink collar), Oreo (Other Black Cat), Toni (Grey Cat), Archie (Black Dog), and Izzy (Brown Dog)

Tell me how cute they are dammit

That's awesome and I really like the little friendly environment you have set up. I know a friend who has a bird, cat and dog that all get along with each other and this reminded me of that, sounds like a great aura for your animals and the cat on the left looks so bold.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 08:37 AM Reply

Saw another pet based thread and linked it to here in the usual manner of showing that there is already a pets club and it got me thinking that this place could do with a bump so here is a few lines instead of the usual "bump".

Might as well write something to do with pets to start this place off again....erm....My girlfriend has cute cats! (Aren't you glad I didn't say pussy.) The sort that are pretty fluffy but not to the level of a persian cat. Pic below, he likes my boots and who can blame him. That one is called Maynard.

Pet Lovers Crew

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 11:00 AM Reply

Okurrr dis mah cat hurr name is Roxy I love her a lots here she is sitting like a loaf of bread I luvf when cats sit like breeeead!!! <3

Pet Lovers Crew

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 2/10/13 08:37 AM, Decky wrote: Might as well write something to do with pets to start this place off again....erm....My girlfriend has cute cats! (Aren't you glad I didn't say pussy.) The sort that are pretty fluffy but not to the level of a persian cat. Pic below, he likes my boots and who can blame him. That one is called Maynard.

Those things look so adorable! How many does she have? It's almost been a year since my previous cat passed away and since we got the new cat. I'm finally used to him, he's quite a wild little thing. He keeps hopping up on our turtles tank though. He also seems to enjoy climbing the blinds.

I'm friends with the people a few doors down and about 3 months ago they found a stray cat and named him Hernandez and just a few days ago they told me they were getting a dog from the animal shelter. When they first got the cat they give him lots of love now they just dump the cat food bag where he sleeps and occasionally puts a bowl of water by his bed. They don't give it any attention now and I don't see how the fucking retards think a stray dog + stray cat will go good together.

Also, I took lots of photos of my old pets and my current ones on my phone but I'm kind of handicapped with learning to upload stuff like this so in a while I'll get my brother to help me upload some photos.

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 01:48 AM Reply

I have 2 cats and a german Shepard, but the dog is the real pussy. My cats are some tough motherfuckers, the one cat is freaking psychotic, and the vet had actually diagnosed her with anxiety issues. Too bad attempting to give her meds made it worse. She has calmed recently, and is a little less bipolar, but she still has her moments...and she's the indoor cat. My other cat had been run over by a car in the middle of the night a couple years ago. Bloodied, and with a broken and dislocated hip, she crawled back towards my house, jumped the fence and waited on the deck until my mom came out at 3am. After her hip was set (it is a floating hip, connected only by muscle tissue) she went back to hunting for her food. She is starting to slow down though:

Pet Lovers Crew

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:58 AM Reply

Currently staying back at my house after being at my girlfriend's for weeks on end. It's weird going from a house with about five cats, two birds and a dog to here where there is nothing other then a cat that nobody seems to know who it belongs to, cute though.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 09:42 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 01:48 AM, TruBluFoxx wrote: I have 2 cats and a german Shepard, but the dog is the real pussy. My cats are some tough motherfuckers, the one cat is freaking psychotic, and the vet had actually diagnosed her with anxiety issues. Too bad attempting to give her meds made it worse. She has calmed recently, and is a little less bipolar, but she still has her moments...and she's the indoor cat. My other cat had been run over by a car in the middle of the night a couple years ago. Bloodied, and with a broken and dislocated hip, she crawled back towards my house, jumped the fence and waited on the deck until my mom came out at 3am. After her hip was set (it is a floating hip, connected only by muscle tissue) she went back to hunting for her food. She is starting to slow down though:

Quite funny that the dog is the frightened one, tell me are either of your cats persian cats? They can be some real mean fuckers. German Shepherds are beautiful, amazing creatures I'd treasure it will all my heart, in almost all cases they're very loyal and worthy additions to the family. Also I'm sorry to hear about the problems your cats have, hopefully they're managing well and living very contently at your home.

Currently staying back at my house after being at my girlfriend's for weeks on end. It's weird going from a house with about five cats, two birds and a dog to here where there is nothing other then a cat that nobody seems to know who it belongs to, cute though.

Yes, it is quite odd to be in a virtually animal-less house and it's a lot different than being in a real pet home. Aha, yeah my friend has this cat that occasionally comes and goes and whenever I ask who's it is he ends up telling a very long confusing story that never answers my fucking question.

Also I'm glad this club was revived because just about 2 hours ago my cat was looking board and wandering my room, purring like a maniac so I gave him a....Fuck I don't know the name, they have this weird shit in it, it's like a light-up ring that can be purple, green you usually get them at like New Year's public parties and whatnot. Anyway, I got it on Canada Day and I kept throwing it for my cat until he bit threw the plastic and the shit poured in his mouth.

I wish I could describe what it was, but after it broke open he started dashing around clawing shit and throwing up this nasty ass saliva. I feel so terribly sorry, he was wild and curious looking for fun and adventure now he's sick and dragging himself around, I've tried to bring him his water dish and his little toys but he can't be bothered. Poor kitty, I've ruined his fucking day and all he wanted to do was have some fun. I know he has sharp ass teeth so I don't know why the hell I would be so retarded to give him that ring thing even knowing it has nasty basically anti-kitty liquid in it.

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 07:53 AM Reply

At 2/16/13 09:42 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Quite funny that the dog is the frightened one, tell me are either of your cats persian cats? They can be some real mean fuckers. German Shepherds are beautiful, amazing creatures I'd treasure it will all my heart, in almost all cases they're very loyal and worthy additions to the family. Also I'm sorry to hear about the problems your cats have, hopefully they're managing well and living very contently at your home.

Nah, thee orange one is a tabby, and the other is a short hair with a tuxedo pattern. They are both happy as can be in home, unless the dog is around. Then they just seem annoyed.
Yeah, my dog is loyal, and has been a great addition, but... well, she's just speshul. By far the smartest, yet most idiotic dog I have ever seen. She's a little troublemaker, that one.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Apr. 26th, 2013 @ 03:22 PM Reply

I'd like to bring back this club to see if any of the former posters have any recent news or if new posters would like a chance to see this club. As some of you may know, my cat passed away in April 2012 that had been my best friend for over a decade. We got a new kitten shortly after and I'd like to keep you in touch.

The new kitten has become a cat and he's been super active and crazy, sometimes we'll seen him bolting up trees in the backyard or chasing squirrels bigger than himself. He's lots of fun and enjoys to play and bite people's toes if they don't wake up at his every meow, haha. On the down side, (perhaps this is because of how young he is) he doesn't seem to sense human feelings like the last cat did. This makes me miss my last cat even more. She followed me everywhere, always slept in my room, took care of me when I was sick and so on. She definitely understood that I was a child with a damaged heart and a confusing mind. It's now been a little over a year since her passing. This new cat has no understanding of human emotions (not yet at least) and I'm just not connecting with him like I did the last.

I truly miss her, I've now gone over a year with literally having no one to share my feelings with or make me feel comfortable when I'm depressed or simply mentally confused. And I know the last thing any of you would care about is some whiner of the internet but I just can't stress enough how much I want to get my message across: I connected with her like I never imagined two living things could, and she'll always be in my memory as my best friend until the day I die.

Now, do any of you have any interesting news?

BBS Signature
Markikarik
Markikarik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jul. 1st, 2013 @ 02:21 PM Reply

I'd like to give a tribute to my dog, he passed away a long time ago, and was one the most kind, sympathetic and faithful dog ever lived... It was a Dogue de Bordeaux. I hope he's in a better place now...

From Friendzone with love

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jul. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:13 PM Reply

At 7/1/13 02:21 PM, Markikarik wrote: I'd like to give a tribute to my dog, he passed away a long time ago, and was one the most kind, sympathetic and faithful dog ever lived... It was a Dogue de Bordeaux. I hope he's in a better place now...

That's so sweet, I've only met a few of them in my entire life but they seem like just wonderful dogs. Whenever I think of a Dogue de bordeaux I picture them on the porch of a country house napping for reason haha. I'm sure he was in an amazing place and I know he'll never forget you, and don't worry he is in a much better place right now. How old did he live up to?

BBS Signature
Markikarik
Markikarik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Pet Lovers Crew Jul. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 7/2/13 12:13 PM, tyler2513 wrote: That's so sweet, I've only met a few of them in my entire life but they seem like just wonderful dogs. Whenever I think of a Dogue de bordeaux I picture them on the porch of a country house napping for reason haha. I'm sure he was in an amazing place and I know he'll never forget you, and don't worry he is in a much better place right now. How old did he live up to?

I can't really tell you 'cause I was a kid when he passed away, and didn't know his age

From Friendzone with love

Ama
Ama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Pet Lovers Crew 1 month ago Reply

Bump time.
I'm probably (if I can find someone who breeds them close to me), going to get a loggerhead musk turtle soon.
I know what equipment I'll need, and my uncle has a tank for me.
Currently looking for a breeder, will post updates soon.

Pet Lovers Crew