00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A - Open Round!

71,654 Views | 635 Replies

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-26 20:31:09

i am an utter n00b at flash, but i might try to make something.

i don't really care if i win anything though.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 01:00:09

Cuntfucks! I had the perfect idea of lightspeed fapping figured out. But then: "Excess nudity, profanity, and other things of profane nature are not allowed."

And this competition has Newgrounds in its name? What happened man?

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 02:35:06

At 4/27/12 01:00 AM, Catoblepas wrote: Cuntfucks! I had the perfect idea of lightspeed fapping figured out. But then: "Excess nudity, profanity, and other things of profane nature are not allowed."

You might be able to get away with it if you don't show dix, maybe.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 09:31:19

At 4/27/12 01:00 AM, Catoblepas wrote: Cuntfucks! I had the perfect idea of lightspeed fapping figured out. But then: "Excess nudity, profanity, and other things of profane nature are not allowed."

Haha yeah you still do it just make it all metaphorical by switching outh things with random objects or fruits :p

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 09:44:49

well, that sounds great time traveling sounds very fun to animate!! i've already started it in april 16 by the way.. and also i have a question, if i don't win at the first round, can i still be on the next rounds? i need an answer so i will not waste my time if i lose....

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 10:41:59

At 4/27/12 09:44 AM, Klarendude wrote: well, that sounds great time traveling sounds very fun to animate!! i've already started it in april 16 by the way.. and also i have a question, if i don't win at the first round, can i still be on the next rounds? i need an answer so i will not waste my time if i lose....

Without knowing too much about NATA or anything, I'm pretty sure that it's safe to say that the answer is no - It's not much of a competition if you can just keep on competing after losing :)

Of course, If you make it to the top 32, you'll be able to join the next round as well.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 12:49:51

At 4/27/12 09:44 AM, Klarendude wrote: if i don't win at the first round, can i still be on the next rounds?

No, you have to pass each round in order to proceed to the next.

At 4/27/12 02:35 AM, BobyB64 wrote: You might be able to get away with it if you don't show dix, maybe.

^-- This --^

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 13:05:12

I have a question of no importance whatsoever! I know that DaveBruno won last year, but who was he competing against in the final? Is there a place where I can view what flashes that were submitted in each round TOFAs of the past?

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 14:10:54

WEEKEND!!!!! Finally i will be able to focus all my energy into this project. I have not been able to do anything because of school. But now... NOW I SHALL ANIMATE!!!!!!!!!!! >:D

If i had a goat, i'd probably have one more goat then you. Unless you're a farmer or something...

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 15:00:35

Hey Hikarian, good question mate! I too was curious (to revisit the who, when, 'n how) so I visited Newgrounds'TOFA 2011 collection.

Have fun!

At 4/27/12 01:05 PM, Hikarian wrote: I have a question of no importance whatsoever! I know that DaveBruno won last year, but who was he competing against in the final? Is there a place where I can view what flashes that were submitted in each round TOFAs of the past?

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 15:30:43

At 4/27/12 01:05 PM, Hikarian wrote: I have a question of no importance whatsoever! I know that DaveBruno won last year, but who was he competing against in the final? Is there a place where I can view what flashes that were submitted in each round TOFAs of the past?

This is a good question! All previous TOFA websites can be seen here: http://tofa.munchymedia.com/

TOFA 2011 is here: http://www.munchymedia.com/Contests/TOFA11/

The Final Round was Dave Bruno vs. Lazy Mode Comics (who is competing this year as well...!) http://www.munchymedia.com/Contests/TOFA11/finalround.html

You can see general scores to the right of entries, and detailed scores on the bottom of the page.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 16:05:40

At 4/27/12 03:30 PM, NATA wrote: The Final Round was Dave Bruno vs. Lazy Mode Comics (who is competing this year as well...!) http://www.munchymedia.com/Contests/TOFA11/finalround.html

You forgot to mention how we fought on top of a volcano... everyone forgets about the final round volcano fights...

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 21:39:39

Progress update before i hit the sack:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/4c5f978fc585ef7ae5d36a94 88a66fa3

Also, can anyone recommend a drawing tablet? I'm starting to feel that working with a mouse is slow. :O

If i had a goat, i'd probably have one more goat then you. Unless you're a farmer or something...

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-27 22:21:07

At 4/27/12 09:39 PM, RainbowHorse wrote: Progress update before i hit the sack:

Also, can anyone recommend a drawing tablet? I'm starting to feel that working with a mouse is slow. :O

I use the Wacom Bamboo, which is Wacom's cheapest tablet, but it serves my needs well enough. Although, you can still get cheaper ones that work just fine. My sister has a Genius G-Pen tablet, and although it's not quite as nice as a Wacom, it's a good option.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-28 07:56:27

At 4/27/12 10:21 PM, Pahgawk wrote:

I use the Wacom Bamboo, which is Wacom's cheapest tablet, but it serves my needs well enough. Although, you can still get cheaper ones that work just fine. My sister has a Genius G-Pen tablet, and although it's not quite as nice as a Wacom, it's a good option.

I strongly suggest getting a Wacom Bamboo Fun if you're just barely getting into using tablets. I've had one since 2008, when I got a used one for $70 at Best Buy. I have had very few issues with it and it has worked great for me. I also transport it a LOT, and it has held up nicely, even after several years. Yes, nicer tablets can be helpful or more efficient at times, but if you're just beginning to use one and this is your first tablet purchase, a Bamboo should be just fine.

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-28 10:10:00

Yay, my entry is complete - I shall post it tomorrow after all the rush of pico day dies down. :)

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-28 12:04:22

At 4/27/12 10:21 PM, Pahgawk wrote:

My friend has one a Wacom Bamboo tablet, and i've gotten to try it. But i always had a hard time drawing on theme since i can't see what i'm drawing on the tablet.
I'm more in the market for a tablet with a screen, i know there expensive so i'm looking for a good but still relatively cheap modell.

Thanks anyways :)

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-28 12:31:06

At 4/28/12 12:04 PM, RainbowHorse wrote: I'm more in the market for a tablet with a screen, i know there expensive so i'm looking for a good but still relatively cheap modell.

Hey there! I can help here! So I actually own 2 Cintiqs (which are Wacom's tablets with screens on them so you draw one to one, pen on screen deal) and they are a tad bit expensive. The 12wx (12 inch screen) which I use for work is nice and somewhat portable, and I believe anyone can get by with it, is the cheapest at $950. I also have a 21ux (21 inch screen) which I bought with the winning money from TOFA last year (as well as like $800 of my own money lol) which is amazing, huge, and expensive at $2000. Then they just came out with the 24hd (24 inches... seeing a pattern?) which is even better than those two, but is a whopping $2750! I have never worked with a 24hd myself, but I hear they are pretty amazing. Again though, if you find you work better with a smaller screen size, a 12wx is perfectly fine. You are in luck too if you'd like a 12wx, as I have a friend who may still be selling one. I've asked him if he is and if he is Ill post the link to it on here. I think he was selling it for $850, which is a cool $100 off, and every little penny helps.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-28 15:44:45

At 4/28/12 12:31 PM, DaveBruno wrote:
At 4/28/12 12:04 PM, RainbowHorse wrote: I'm more in the market for a tablet with a screen, i know there expensive so i'm looking for a good but still relatively cheap modell.
Hey there! I can help here! So I actually own 2 Cintiqs (which are Wacom's tablets with screens on them so you draw one to one, pen on screen deal) and they are a tad bit expensive. The 12wx (12 inch screen) which I use for work is nice and somewhat portable, and I believe anyone can get by with it, is the cheapest at $950. I also have a 21ux (21 inch screen) which I bought with the winning money from TOFA last year (as well as like $800 of my own money lol) which is amazing, huge, and expensive at $2000. Then they just came out with the 24hd (24 inches... seeing a pattern?) which is even better than those two, but is a whopping $2750! I have never worked with a 24hd myself, but I hear they are pretty amazing. Again though, if you find you work better with a smaller screen size, a 12wx is perfectly fine. You are in luck too if you'd like a 12wx, as I have a friend who may still be selling one. I've asked him if he is and if he is Ill post the link to it on here. I think he was selling it for $850, which is a cool $100 off, and every little penny helps.

Thanks for the help :)

I did find some reviews of these tablets on youtube, and they seem to be awesome. The 12wx was in my taste a bit to small (bigger is better.) and it seemed to have a bit slow reaction speed. The 21ux looks amazing and has a good size to it and the 21hd is a dream.

Now all i have to do is sell some organs and become prostitute. (It would also help to win NAPA, but that's not gonna happen.) :P

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-28 18:00:22

At 4/28/12 03:44 PM, RainbowHorse wrote:
Now all i have to do is sell some organs and become prostitute. (It would also help to win NAPA, but that's not gonna happen.) :P

*A prostitute.

and win *NATA.

I don't know where my head is... -_-

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-28 18:05:41

I don't know where my head is... -_-

well apparently you should...

Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-28 18:17:08

Storyboard-100%
Character Design-100%
Script-100%
Voices and Audio-30%
Backgrounds-45%
Bone Animation- 20%
Final Animation- 15%
Coloring-14%
Editing-0%

What I have so far: CLICK ME... please feel free to critisize it. I would like to improve it as much as possible.

I love weekends...

Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-28 23:22:23

At 4/28/12 10:10 AM, koit wrote: Yay, my entry is complete - I shall post it tomorrow after all the rush of pico day dies down. :)

Good idea. Mine is just about complete too, so I think I'll do the same.
Can't wait to see yours, by the way! I'm a fan :)

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-29 04:36:08

I'm just about done as well! I would really like to make a replay button and eventually a link button to my YouTube profile though, but IâEUTMm having a hard time finding a tutorial that works with my AS3âEU¦ IâEUTMm no good at action scripting, I donâEUTMt know what to search for or where to look. So far I havenâEUTMt been able to find anything on the NG forum, nor via Google, but maybe IâEUTMm just doing if wrong. Anyone know a good tutorial for replay buttons and link buttons? Or maybe a customizable download if thatâEUTMs possible?

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-29 05:11:00

"I'm just about done as well! I would really like to make a replay button and eventually a link button to my YouTube profile though, but I'm having a hard time finding a tutorial that works with my AS3 I'm no good at action scripting, I don't know what to search for or where to look. So far I haven't been able to find anything on the NG forum, nor via Google, but maybe I'm just doing if wrong. Anyone know a good tutorial for replay buttons and link buttons? Or maybe a customizable download if that's possible?"

- THAT is what I wanted to say. I have no idea what happened to the text there....

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-29 05:13:58

Hikaran, example code for both URL link and play again buttons. They are named koit and pagain respectively. To use this, just change all instances of "koit" and "pagain".

koit.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, koitHandler);
function koitHandler(event:MouseEvent):void {
navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.highasakoit.co.uk"), "_blank");
}

pagain.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, pagainHandler);
function pagainHandler(event:MouseEvent):void {
gotoAndPlay(134);
}

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-29 05:15:13

Hikarian, sorry...... should have read your name properly before referring to it.

Oh and Pahgawk, thanks matey ! - Glad you like my oddness.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-29 07:30:57

Well, my entry is complete and uploaded.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/594659

Now to continue on with my entry for this years robot day !!

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-29 08:18:25

At 4/29/12 07:30 AM, koit wrote: Well, my entry is complete and uploaded.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/594659

Now to continue on with my entry for this years robot day !!

Awesome, I like the dialogue! And thanks, I was finally able to make the Action Scripting work :D
...I might upload my entry later today... maybe...

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-29 08:35:11

BBS Signature