BananasFoster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 16:22:39

At 4/24/12 01:48 PM, Hikarian wrote:
At 4/24/12 01:38 PM, BPremo wrote:
The only criticism I could make is about the pan across the doors is a little slow. Otherwise it's looking really good.
Well that's nice, thanks! :D
I'm just worried that If I make it faster, people wont have the time to read the signs, since it kind of introduces the idea of where the main character is. Maybe I should thing of something in order to make the pan more interesting though :/

You could always speed that part up and post it here again to let people tell you if it is too fast.

Also, out of curiosity, what is the frame rate in your animation? It looks really good so far by the way; your frame by frame is awesome!

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 16:34:38

Here you go lol yet there's nothing really else :( yet

Still havent gotten to animating much... but as soon as i get done with this bullshit with school im good ;)

- N A T A - Open Round!

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 17:02:34

At 4/24/12 01:11 PM, Hikarian wrote: Even I can tell that there are going to be a lot of awesome animations this year!

I'm trying to throw something together as well, but I feel that I'm rushing it a little too much because of exams and I'm also a little uncertain about the simpe/naive style I've chosen for this intry and how to animate it most effectively. Anyone want to give some constructive critisism? :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1e1082104281ff13d2d00fad 139f38c9 (I have more, but this should be enough for showing)

Storyboard: 100%
Sound: 99%
Animation according to storyboard: 75%
Finetuning: 0%

Looking good so far! The only other thing I would mention is that maybe the walls of the hall and the room are a bit plain and boring-looking, although depending on what your story is, that could be what you want. I can't really think of what to add to the walls though... my entry also has a bunch of scenes inside a hall, and I can't think of what I can put on the walls other than some picture frames and doors without making it seem repetitive :P

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 17:34:22

At 4/24/12 12:46 PM, BPremo wrote:
At 4/24/12 12:32 PM, fluffkomix wrote: I hate everyone's screenshots right now because i suck at backgrounds

this is what i get for studying nothing but figures for the last 10+ months
haha I'm totally in the same boat, although I'm focusing far less on the backgrounds for stylistic reasons.

I wish that I had a boat :(

It's fun looking at everyone's stills / previews they are posting. I can't wait to see what the final results are for most of these.

BBS Signature
SenorLlama
SenorLlama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 17:57:10

At 4/24/12 04:34 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: Here you go lol yet there's nothing really else :( yet

Still havent gotten to animating much... but as soon as i get done with this bullshit with school im good ;)

That image is pretty dark. I'm in a dark office and I still had to get real close to see that there were houses in there. If you want to increase visibility while still showing it's a night scene try increasing the brightness of the houses but reduce the saturation. Then add influences of blue in there. hotdiggedydemon did a good job with this in Jackie at about 3:58 in. Here's a picture of it below.

From what I could see though the houses looked pretty good.

- N A T A - Open Round!

Animation - The act, process, or result of imparting life, interest, spirit, motion, or activity.

RainbowHorse
RainbowHorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 18:45:10

I don't know why, but for some reason i feel like everybody's made much more then me...

I've only made this and the music...

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/5b7d9adea76e1863bba81c16 3f4cb596

:P

If i had a goat, i'd probably have one more goat then you. Unless you're a farmer or something...

SenorLlama
SenorLlama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 19:03:52

At 4/24/12 06:45 PM, RainbowHorse wrote: I don't know why, but for some reason i feel like everybody's made much more then me...

I've only made this and the music...

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/5b7d9adea76e1863bba81c16 3f4cb596

P

Don't undercut music like it's some small thing. You made a three minute song. And even if it's just a one track jingle or much much more that's a lot of work. I cut out all music and voices because I knew I wouldn't have the time (Plus I can't make a song to save my life).

Get ready to buckle down though. Three minutes of animation to go along with a song is a quite a feat.

Animation - The act, process, or result of imparting life, interest, spirit, motion, or activity.

RainbowHorse
RainbowHorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 19:19:28

At 4/24/12 07:03 PM, SenorLlama wrote:
Don't undercut music like it's some small thing. You made a three minute song. And even if it's just a one track jingle or much much more that's a lot of work. I cut out all music and voices because I knew I wouldn't have the time (Plus I can't make a song to save my life).

Get ready to buckle down though. Three minutes of animation to go along with a song is a quite a feat.

Hopefully i will be able to finish the animation in time, unfortunately i can't put all my focus on this animation since i'm working on another one with a deadline on this friday. (I see many all-nighters in my near future.)

It's gonna be close, very very close... :)

If i had a goat, i'd probably have one more goat then you. Unless you're a farmer or something...

DaAtheno
DaAtheno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 19:25:01

Storyboard-100%
Character Design-100%
Script-100%
Voices and Audio-30%
Backgrounds-45%
Bone Animation- 1%
Final Animation- 0%
Coloring-0%
Editing-0%

Things are going slow for me, but once i get all the voices I will be able to pound my way through some animation this weekend.

Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

dangoval95
dangoval95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 20:05:16

Voice acting: Done! (thanks kpheeyat)
Animation: 35% done
Lip sync: 0% done
Concept and Ideas: 85 % done.
I'll give you guys a sample in a couple days....My animation is really starting to come together!

RubberSocks
RubberSocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 21:30:37

At 4/24/12 07:25 PM, DaAtheno wrote: Storyboard-100%
Character Design-100%
Script-100%
Voices and Audio-30%
Backgrounds-45%
Bone Animation- 1%
Final Animation- 0%
Coloring-0%
Editing-0%

Things are going slow for me, but once i get all the voices I will be able to pound my way through some animation this weekend.

Ohoohoo, so you decided to get into this eh?
(6mmmmmm)

BBS Signature
DaAtheno
DaAtheno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 21:48:04

Ohoohoo, so you decided to get into this eh?
(6mmmmmm)

sort of, i won't win... at all.

fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 22:52:40

I would like to ask the question that was not answered previous.

Is there anything against having someone help you out with your animation, say doing colors or layouts or something simple that has no control over the final product, just a more efficiently made animation?

Also here's another preview shot seeing as EVERYONE IS POSTING BACKGROUNDS I FUCKING HATE BACKGROUNDS

- N A T A - Open Round!

Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 23:05:15

Got fucking nothing done today.

Except this bg

- N A T A - Open Round!

BBS Signature
JoHobo2
JoHobo2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 00:35:48

idea: 0%
script: 0%
storyboard: 0%
sound: 0%
voice acting: 0%
animation: 0%

been busy with uni exams but after ive finished a 3000 word essay, poster assignment and lab on thursday i have about 4/5 weeks of nothing til next exams so il get stuck into this. got to say though, feeling really intimidated by the competition i've seen so far on this thread :s

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 00:42:52

At 4/24/12 05:57 PM, SenorLlama wrote:
At 4/24/12 04:34 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: Here you go lol yet there's nothing really else :( yet

thanks man :d i really appreciate the help :D i love when people help me out :D cause then its good and i learns :D

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 01:45:19

At 4/25/12 12:35 AM, JoHobo2 wrote: been busy with uni exams but after ive finished a 3000 word essay, poster assignment and lab on thursday i have about 4/5 weeks of nothing til next exams so il get stuck into this. got to say though, feeling really intimidated by the competition i've seen so far on this thread :s

It will be a treat to see what time will have you create.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
NATA
NATA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 02:21:24

At 4/24/12 10:52 PM, fluffkomix wrote: I would like to ask the question that was not answered previous.

Is there anything against having someone help you out with your animation, say doing colors or layouts or something simple that has no control over the final product, just a more efficiently made animation?

Because of the nature of the contest, this shouldn't be done. The purpose is to test your individual capabilities as an animator under time constraints against others, including efficiency.

BBS Signature
LazyModeComics
LazyModeComics
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 03:51:20

Since you're showing fun things. I'll show this because I probably won't finish anyway.

-Jake

This is the scene one background.

- N A T A - Open Round!

BBS Signature
sandwich-eater
sandwich-eater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 05:39:19

At 4/25/12 03:51 AM, LazyModeComics wrote: Since you're showing fun things. I'll show this because I probably won't finish anyway.

-Jake

It looks spectacular! I hope you do finish.

And after many days of being a lazy shit, I have 1 frame done.

- N A T A - Open Round!

BBS Signature
SenorLlama
SenorLlama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 06:07:36

At 4/25/12 05:39 AM, sandwich-eater wrote: And after many days of being a lazy shit, I have 1 frame done.

Woooo! One frame done! That's one more frame than I have "done".

Jake, that scene looks fantastic. Throwin' in a little 3-point action in there, clutch.

LazyAss23 - I took a second look at your scene when I got home. It shows up much brighter on my other computers and it looks pretty good. I may have to tweak some settings on my monitor when I get back to work.

Current status update after tonight:

Writing: 100%
Storyboard: 100%
Backgrounds: 100%
Blockout Animation: 48%
Final Animation: 0%
Colors: 0%
Sound: 8%

Pahgawk - Thanks for recommending that site for sound effects. It helped me find a lot of what I need.

Found out I might be a little short of a minute on this anim. I'm gonna have to tack on an extra shot somewhere in there. It shouldn't be hard but I'm starting to wring my hands over the deadline.

Finally, another screenshot.

- N A T A - Open Round!

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 07:54:43

At 4/25/12 03:51 AM, LazyModeComics wrote: Since you're showing fun things. I'll show this because I probably won't finish anyway.

-Jake

I think I'm in love

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 10:44:21

At 4/25/12 06:07 AM, SenorLlama wrote:
LazyAss23 - I took a second look at your scene when I got home. It shows up much brighter on my other computers and it looks pretty good. I may have to tweak some settings on my monitor when I get back to work.

Lol thats what i thought but i did tweak it a little anyway.. so w.e. for now im start getting to the animating soon.

BBS Signature
ribIREred
ribIREred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 15:49:35

Here's my little preview.

But for those a little squeamish (for horror, blood, etc.) then it might be best to pass (although I strongly encourage nevertheless).

Just a short sample (there's comedy too later ) I hope you all enjoy (it's a little intense, I know, but what's fun without lunacy?:))

RainbowHorse
RainbowHorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 18:44:46

-Jake

Will you be my mentor? :P

Bill-Premo
Bill-Premo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 18:58:44

At 4/25/12 03:49 PM, ribIREred wrote: Here's my little preview.

But for those a little squeamish (for horror, blood, etc.) then it might be best to pass (although I strongly encourage nevertheless).

Just a short sample (there's comedy too later ) I hope you all enjoy (it's a little intense, I know, but what's fun without lunacy?:))

You better win the whole tournament or I'll be pissed.

ribIREred
ribIREred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 19:07:48

Aww shucks BPremo. Thanks for the encouragement... Now I'm really pissed :P

At 4/25/12 06:58 PM, BPremo wrote:

You better win the whole tournament or I'll be pissed.

DaAtheno
DaAtheno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 19:14:20

animation wise, this is about all I have: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8e94d4cc7f9cd75406dd2503 e3c3c931

I need to get to work, but i actually didn't think i would be animating until saturday, but my VAs (most of them) came through, so I'm good.

Oh, is anyone else doing time traveling cannibalistic singing slugs?

- N A T A - Open Round!

RubberSocks
RubberSocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 19:19:31

At 4/25/12 07:14 PM, DaAtheno wrote: animation wise, this is about all I have: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8e94d4cc7f9cd75406dd2503 e3c3c931

I need to get to work, but i actually didn't think i would be animating until saturday, but my VAs (most of them) came through, so I'm good.

Melolno.
But that was good, how long have you been working on that?

I give it a 5 Bomb..BOOM!

BBS Signature
ribIREred
ribIREred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-25 19:25:18

Oh the temptations (great slug encore ta boot). Great, grooving characters (just waiting till they wail... slug juices?) DaAtheno. Definitely wanting to see more. Good luck!:)... Time travelling cannibalistic singing slugs? Why didn't I think of that?:P

At 4/25/12 07:14 PM, DaAtheno wrote: animation wise, this is about all I have: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8e94d4cc7f9cd75406dd2503 e3c3c931