• 687 Replies
RainbowHorse
RainbowHorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 11:43:57

Holy Shit! Everybody's gotten so far already... Maybe it's time for me to start animatin' :P

If i had a goat, i'd probably have one more goat then you. Unless you're a farmer or something...

RainbowHorse
RainbowHorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 12:07:17

One 3 min song finished, now i ANIMATE! :)

Animation: 0% (...)
Storyboard: 30% (...)
Voices: 0% (...)
Music: 100% (Finished)

If i had a goat, i'd probably have one more goat then you. Unless you're a farmer or something...

CatFat
CatFat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 12:22:35

At 4/22/12 07:28 PM, Jomillex wrote:
Dear lord! Your amazing!
If we make it out of here alive could you give me some trade secrets?

haha thanks!
Yeah I don't see why not! ;)

PSN ID: CatFatNG
Xbox Gamertag: CatFatNG

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 13:09:20

At 4/23/12 12:22 PM, CatFat wrote:
At 4/22/12 07:28 PM, Jomillex wrote:
Dear lord! Your amazing!
If we make it out of here alive could you give me some trade secrets?
haha thanks!
Yeah I don't see why not! ;)

Kick ass!

I'm about 1 minute and 30 seconds in now!

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 15:53:00

Are there any rules against having people help with tiny stuff like inbetweening or background touch-ups?

Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
ribIREred
ribIREred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 16:29:22

Just listened to my own recordings of a character (in my script) and ouch (didn't work out as planned).

So, guess I'm gonna have to find a few actors in short notice (two gal characters (girlfriend innocent, then ugly), three guy characters (two heroes and one villain).

If interested just PM (I'll search NG community too).

Thanks.
P.S. Will definitely submit a preview once the voice work is done. To a great open round!:)

mrbipolar
mrbipolar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Voice Actor
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 16:37:23

I must say I am really looking forward to all these entries. they look amazing so far. I always kept a close eye on TOFA and now I shall watch NATA. There are so many creative people here it just blows my mind. Keep up the good work everyone!

SenorLlama
SenorLlama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 16:47:00

At 4/22/12 06:43 PM, Emrox wrote: Voices: NOPE
Storyboard: NOPE
Writing: NOPE
Animation: 35%

That's how I roll

Hell yeah! Who needs voices!? Let your animation do the talking.

This looks like it's gonna happen. So here's my progress:

Voices: NOPE
Storyboard: 100%
Writing: 100%?
Blockout Animation: 27%
Final Animation: 0%
Colors: 0%

Here's a screenshot from one of the scenes.

- N A T A - Open Round!

Animation - The act, process, or result of imparting life, interest, spirit, motion, or activity.

Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 16:49:56

I worked a lot on the weekend and now I'm two and a half minutes in. This is coming along reasonably well!
A little excerpt from mine, if anyone's interested: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/f5424d257cf626a7ce2fbd0a ea58c500

Everyone's stuff looks really awesome so far, by the way!

BBS Signature
BananasFoster
BananasFoster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 16:54:09

At 4/23/12 04:49 PM, Pahgawk wrote: I worked a lot on the weekend and now I'm two and a half minutes in. This is coming along reasonably well!
A little excerpt from mine, if anyone's interested: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/f5424d257cf626a7ce2fbd0a ea58c500

Wow, yours looks great so far! I love your use of colors in this, too. It looks very sharp and bright. Your frame by frame is very nice also. I'm curious about the story, but I suppose I'll have to wait until you submit it. Keep up the good work!

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature
Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 16:56:32

At 4/23/12 04:54 PM, BananasFoster wrote:
At 4/23/12 04:49 PM, Pahgawk wrote: I worked a lot on the weekend and now I'm two and a half minutes in. This is coming along reasonably well!
Wow, yours looks great so far! I love your use of colors in this, too. It looks very sharp and bright. Your frame by frame is very nice also. I'm curious about the story, but I suppose I'll have to wait until you submit it. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! ...well, I sort of am stretching the theme a little, but it's related. I was reminded of that scene in Back to the Future 2 (I think) where Doc draws that little graph showing multiple timelines, and I did something that relates a little more to that than time travel. The rest will have to remain a secret for now :)

BBS Signature
BananasFoster
BananasFoster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 17:00:21

At 4/23/12 04:56 PM, Pahgawk wrote:
At 4/23/12 04:54 PM, BananasFoster wrote:
Thanks! ...well, I sort of am stretching the theme a little, but it's related. I was reminded of that scene in Back to the Future 2 (I think) where Doc draws that little graph showing multiple timelines, and I did something that relates a little more to that than time travel. The rest will have to remain a secret for now :)

Well, that's what is great about an open-ended theme. It leaves plenty of room for interpretation, and gives the participants lots of room for creativity. I'll be looking forward to it!

Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 18:05:50

If I animate everything I've story boarded I'm looking at a animation that comes out to 5 minutes and 15 seconds!
God help me :(
I'm waking up super early tommorow!
I've got the first part out of 5 parts animated now moving onto the second scene!

- N A T A - Open Round!

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 19:58:58

I have my storyboard almost done

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 20:11:10

At 4/23/12 06:05 PM, Jomillex wrote: If I animate everything I've story boarded I'm looking at a animation that comes out to 5 minutes and 15 seconds!
God help me :(
I'm waking up super early tommorow!
I've got the first part out of 5 parts animated now moving onto the second scene!

Noicely done good sir :D i just got all my sounds into the animation now i just have to continue animating :D This is fun as hell :D

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
Emrox
Emrox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 20:33:30

Wowie zowie splitscreen scene

- N A T A - Open Round!

BBS Signature
Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 20:56:35

At 4/23/12 08:33 PM, Emrox wrote: Wowie zowie splitscreen scene

That's a really awesome car. I mean, the whole thing looks great, but I can't draw cars at all, and this one that you have is really impressive.

BBS Signature
Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 22:28:21

Just animated 500 frames.

Only like 5000 more to go!

- N A T A - Open Round!

BBS Signature
Emrox
Emrox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 22:32:04

At 4/23/12 08:56 PM, Pahgawk wrote: That's a really awesome car. I mean, the whole thing looks great, but I can't draw cars at all, and this one that you have is really impressive.

Thanks, man! It took a lot of observation and attention to highlights/gradients to give it a nice, polished look.

Also, how the hell did you animate 2.5 minutes in eight days? Don't you have school or something?

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-23 22:38:25

At 4/23/12 10:32 PM, Emrox wrote:
At 4/23/12 08:56 PM, Pahgawk wrote: That's a really awesome car. I mean, the whole thing looks great, but I can't draw cars at all, and this one that you have is really impressive.
Thanks, man! It took a lot of observation and attention to highlights/gradients to give it a nice, polished look.

Also, how the hell did you animate 2.5 minutes in eight days? Don't you have school or something?

Thats what im thinking im like damn people getting shit done fast while i started since day one on everything. lol and i bring my laptop and work in school.

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
SenorLlama
SenorLlama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 04:47:04

Had the opportunity to work on this all day today. That will never happen again. Here's the updated progress report.

Writing: 100%
Backgrounds: 100%
Blockout Animation: 40%
Final Animation: 0%
Colors: 0%
Sound: 0%

I haven't had to do sound work in years. Anyone have a good resource for sound effects?

Finally another screenshot:

- N A T A - Open Round!

Animation - The act, process, or result of imparting life, interest, spirit, motion, or activity.

Pahgawk
Pahgawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 06:15:54

Well, I go to the computer lab at lunch to animate, and grade 10 doesn't exactly give me much homework at all, so I can pretty much work from when I get home to when I go to bed, too.

Also, SenorLlama, try freesound.org. It's where I get all my sound effects from, and it's a really great resource.

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 08:07:46

At 4/24/12 06:15 AM, Pahgawk wrote:

Well, I go to the computer lab at lunch to animate, and grade 10 doesn't exactly give me much homework at all, so I can pretty much work from when I get home to when I go to bed, too.

Also, SenorLlama, try freesound.org. It's where I get all my sound effects from, and it's a really great resource.

Instead of just animating I'm going to storyboard the rest of the animation and then add the backgrounds so character animation is easier to focus on :)

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
ribIREred
ribIREred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 10:47:01

Good night's slumber than wham, my once phlegm-filled, now healthy, voice is back and recording. Back to work.

Hey, and great screen shots folks. Whatta insane competition for the creative what?:)

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 11:45:19

At 4/24/12 10:47 AM, ribIREred wrote: Good night's slumber than wham, my once phlegm-filled, now healthy, voice is back and recording. Back to work.

Hey, and great screen shots folks. Whatta insane competition for the creative what?:)

Good! Hey someone's on newgrounds other than me! Our school is like the last school to go on vacation haha.
So basically i have like 6 minutes of animation to do. I've finished story-boarding the remaining animation. Now i'm making backgrounds for scene 2 and 3. Tommorow I'll make backgrounds for scene 4 and 5 and then TRY to animate everything!
If it goes according to plan I'll still be cutting it super close!

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 12:32:40

I hate everyone's screenshots right now because i suck at backgrounds

this is what i get for studying nothing but figures for the last 10+ months

Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Bill-Premo
Bill-Premo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 12:46:18

At 4/24/12 12:32 PM, fluffkomix wrote: I hate everyone's screenshots right now because i suck at backgrounds

this is what i get for studying nothing but figures for the last 10+ months

haha I'm totally in the same boat, although I'm focusing far less on the backgrounds for stylistic reasons.

Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 13:11:22

Even I can tell that there are going to be a lot of awesome animations this year!

I'm trying to throw something together as well, but I feel that I'm rushing it a little too much because of exams and I'm also a little uncertain about the simpe/naive style I've chosen for this intry and how to animate it most effectively. Anyone want to give some constructive critisism? :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1e1082104281ff13d2d00fad 139f38c9 (I have more, but this should be enough for showing)

Sound: 99%
Animation according to storyboard: 75%
Finetuning: 0%

BBS Signature
Bill-Premo
Bill-Premo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 13:38:12

At 4/24/12 01:11 PM, Hikarian wrote: Even I can tell that there are going to be a lot of awesome animations this year!

I'm trying to throw something together as well, but I feel that I'm rushing it a little too much because of exams and I'm also a little uncertain about the simpe/naive style I've chosen for this intry and how to animate it most effectively. Anyone want to give some constructive critisism? :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/1e1082104281ff13d2d00fad 139f38c9 (I have more, but this should be enough for showing)

The only criticism I could make is about the pan across the doors is a little slow. Otherwise it's looking really good.

Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-04-24 13:48:39

At 4/24/12 01:38 PM, BPremo wrote:
At 4/24/12 01:11 PM, Hikarian wrote: Even I can tell that there are going to be a lot of awesome animations this year!

The only criticism I could make is about the pan across the doors is a little slow. Otherwise it's looking really good.

Well that's nice, thanks! :D
I'm just worried that If I make it faster, people wont have the time to read the signs, since it kind of introduces the idea of where the main character is. Maybe I should thing of something in order to make the pan more interesting though :/

BBS Signature