Be a Supporter!

- N A T A - Open Round!

  • 42,310 Views
  • 687 Replies
New Topic
fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Member since: May. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 04:02 AM

Almost done my storyboard. Mine's gonna focus more on the character poses and the story than the animation, though i will try my hardest to include some great animations and movements in there as well!

- N A T A - Open Round!


Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Hikarian
Hikarian
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 05:06 AM

I'm gonna try out for this too! I can see that there are a lot of talented people competing this year, and chances are that I won't even make it through the open round, but it would be a good expirience for me to work with a deadline. I learn so much for each project I work on, so how can I say no to this? :D

I have already made the storyboard and I'm currently animating. I'm not going to make a parody or anything, I want to try something a little different with no voice acting. Never would have thought that I would work on something sci-fi themed.

Good luck everyone, looking forward to seeing a lot of amazing animations!

- N A T A - Open Round!


BBS Signature
CatFat
CatFat
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 08:49 AM

At 4/19/12 12:53 AM, Zachary wrote: Started on mine finally! Really excited to see everyone's finished products at the end of this.

DAYUMN That looks great! interesting style, reminds me of Samurai Jack!
But geez I think i'm falling behind already, I haven't even touched Flash yet..:/


PSN ID: CatFatNG
Xbox Gamertag: CatFatNG

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

this is going to be fun as hell i will have some pic up soon ;D


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
Fungasm
Fungasm
  • Member since: Jan. 13, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

here's a preview of mine.

- N A T A - Open Round!

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Member since: Jun. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 02:40 PM

Haven't started... probably won't be terribly amazing... seeing as I am shit for animating. BUT, hopefully the story will be captivating enough.


II II lI

BBS Signature
Kpheeyat
Kpheeyat
  • Member since: May. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 03:10 PM

I just wanted to say - I'm voice acting for Dudul - if anyone wants a voice actor for NATA, I'm free to do thine bidding:)


"Contra Mundum, Semper Et In Aeternum."
My voice acting demo - PM me if you need me:)

ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 03:22 PM

At 4/19/12 03:10 PM, Kpheeyat wrote: I just wanted to say - I'm voice acting for Dudul - if anyone wants a voice actor for NATA, I'm free to do thine bidding:)

Same goes for me. I'm open and ready to give your animation that professional touch it might need!


Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 03:44 PM

At 4/19/12 12:14 PM, Fungasm wrote: here's a preview of mine.

Lol I remember this ;)


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
NATA
NATA
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM

At 4/19/12 12:14 PM, Fungasm wrote: here's a preview of mine.

500 points for originality


BBS Signature
sweetyluli
sweetyluli
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM

Sweet! Now to come up with a cool idea.... Fkkk.... ideas and me don't get along D:<<<


***WebSite DeviantArt / Tumblr / SheezyArt /

BBS Signature
RubberSocks
RubberSocks
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 06:55 PM

At 4/19/12 06:18 PM, sweetyluli wrote: Sweet! Now to come up with a cool idea.... Fkkk.... ideas and me don't get along D:<<<

But your an artist...


BBS Signature
ribIREred
ribIREred
  • Member since: May. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 07:23 PM

Here's a li' sample of my two main, superhero characters (amongst too many to count) who via an evil, highly-intellectual enemy they've been duped via not only an odd, alien teleportation, but via an equally daunting time travel... oh the fun!:)

Also, through my own errors... ugh... I almost lost everything when I moved the saved file to another location and caused a serious corruption (file wouldn't open, even after re-saves). So, thanks to photoshop all's almost good (the two characters look almost like they're supposed to).

Now looking forward to see watcha all have so far (I'm gonna try to finish this fast 'n early, so I can return to my game).

- N A T A - Open Round!

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 07:44 PM

At 4/19/12 07:23 PM, ribIREred wrote: Here's a li' sample of my two main, superhero characters (amongst too many to count) who via an evil, highly-intellectual enemy they've been duped via not only an odd, alien teleportation, but via an equally daunting time travel... oh the fun!:)

Also, through my own errors... ugh... I almost lost everything when I moved the saved file to another location and caused a serious corruption (file wouldn't open, even after re-saves). So, thanks to photoshop all's almost good (the two characters look almost like they're supposed to).

Now looking forward to see watcha all have so far (I'm gonna try to finish this fast 'n early, so I can return to my game).

Lookin pretty good! I wish I had enough progress to do a screen shot but I'm still in the very rough part of story-boarding :/
However my voice actors are doing a PHENOMENAL job!
I'm like 30 percent through my storyboard but finding trouble staying on task since i might have been scammed on my cintiq..


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
BananasFoster
BananasFoster
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 08:39 PM

At 4/19/12 07:44 PM, Jomillex wrote:
I'm like 30 percent through my storyboard but finding trouble staying on task since i might have been scammed on my cintiq..

That sucks, man. What's wrong with your Cintiq?


Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature
PoopyMcButt
PoopyMcButt
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

I'm defiantly trying to kill my self over this, I'm getting addicted to animating again.
I'm exited to share my results when i finish.


BBS Signature
msumisu
msumisu
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Artist
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

I wanna join this year! Storyboarding nowwwww. ;3

DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:49 AM

At 4/19/12 12:14 PM, Fungasm wrote: here's a preview of mine.

HAHAHA! Awesome! You kept that!?

Bill-Premo
Bill-Premo
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 03:33 AM

Here's some progress, I can't show anymore than that.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/23819109112d896fb11c7c54 ca5c1b01

- N A T A - Open Round!

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 07:46 AM

At 4/19/12 08:39 PM, BananasFoster wrote:
At 4/19/12 07:44 PM, Jomillex wrote:
I'm like 30 percent through my storyboard but finding trouble staying on task since i might have been scammed on my cintiq..
That sucks, man. What's wrong with your Cintiq?

The owner re-listed the product which i thought wouldn't affect me and it probably didn't, but its past the shipping date and my tracking number is for a shipment that occurred 2 years ago. I've contacted the owner 3 times and he wont reply.
If it doesnt come today my mom told me to contact ebay and see whats going on


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

Omg...fuck me...

I was going to get a bunch of animating done yesterday and look at this i fell asleep at 7 woke up at 11 next morning....

god damnit. but should have update soon hopes fully


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Member since: May. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 05:09 PM

At 4/20/12 07:46 AM, Jomillex wrote:
At 4/19/12 08:39 PM, BananasFoster wrote:
At 4/19/12 07:44 PM, Jomillex wrote:
I'm like 30 percent through my storyboard but finding trouble staying on task since i might have been scammed on my cintiq..
That sucks, man. What's wrong with your Cintiq?
The owner re-listed the product which i thought wouldn't affect me and it probably didn't, but its past the shipping date and my tracking number is for a shipment that occurred 2 years ago. I've contacted the owner 3 times and he wont reply.
If it doesnt come today my mom told me to contact ebay and see whats going on

I never trusted e-bay. This is why i got my cintiq off of Amazon. Might not have been as cheap, but their shipping speeds are very reliable and i was able to get mine within 2 weeks with no problems.

Which kind did you get? I'm assuming it was used? How much was it?


Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:14 PM

At 4/20/12 05:49 PM, Zullzee wrote:
At 4/20/12 05:09 PM, fluffkomix wrote:
I never trusted e-bay. This is why i got my cintiq off of Amazon. Might not have been as cheap, but their shipping speeds are very reliable and i was able to get mine within 2 weeks with no problems.

Which kind did you get? I'm assuming it was used? How much was it?
Ebay has safe guards against scamming sellers, and Ebay/paypal will almost ALWAYS take the buyer's side in a dispute if it can't be proven one way or another who's telling the truth. For the record I got a new Cintiq 12wx through ebay 2 weeks ago without a hitch for a bargain ($780).

Jomillex, he gave you a 2 year old tracking number, relisted, and won't reply to emails? HE IS DEFINATLY A SCAMMER! contact Ebay immediately, you should have no problem getting your money back since this is practically a clear cut case of a fraudulent seller. And just out of curiosity's sake, can you link me to the relist? I wanna see this guys profile.

http://myworld.ebay.com/khanm22/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754
I'm not sure how to link to both lists but the buying period is over me and 4 other sellers are about to find out we got scammed..
I posted on the answer center and they gave me some help its just a little obnoxious this whole situation. I will have spent so much time on this just to get a head ache and my money back. This was a seemingly amazing deal!
And @ fluffkomix I bought a brand new cintiq 12wx, Which I should have been cautious about since it was only $700... For a brand new one.. i know very stupid on my part. So I guess I'll be using my bamboo pen during the first round. I'm going to cry at how shitty my entry is coming out :/


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
BananasFoster
BananasFoster
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM

At 4/20/12 06:14 PM, Jomillex wrote:
http://myworld.ebay.com/khanm22/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754
I'm not sure how to link to both lists but the buying period is over me and 4 other sellers are about to find out we got scammed..
I posted on the answer center and they gave me some help its just a little obnoxious this whole situation. I will have spent so much time on this just to get a head ache and my money back. This was a seemingly amazing deal!
And @ fluffkomix I bought a brand new cintiq 12wx, Which I should have been cautious about since it was only $700... For a brand new one.. i know very stupid on my part. So I guess I'll be using my bamboo pen during the first round. I'm going to cry at how shitty my entry is coming out :/

That a really crappy situation. Why do you think your entry will turn out shitty, though? I know a better tablet can certainly help, but I'm sure if your skills are good you could get through with a lesser tablet. I don't know what you have right now, but I've got a cheap Wacom Bamboo Fun, and it has always served me good (not that I won't consider a better tablet when I've got the money). Do you have an extremely shitty one right now, though?

Anyway, I hope at the very least you get your money back.


Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM

At 4/20/12 06:40 PM, Zullzee wrote: That guy has no selling history, he's definatly scammer. If he had it as a buy it now for $700 brand new then yeah that's seems a little too good to be true, bidding wars can settle at low prices but buy it nows usually aren't. Well you at least got your money back right?

Not yet eBay support told us to call them on Monday if it hasn't arrived they're going to give us our money back or go after the guy and force him to send it.
I'm hoping he's not a scammer just an idiot.


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM

I love my intous 4 i would get a new intous but later on yeah or cintiq but i love what i have so far and update will be up later today maybes :D sorry about that Josh :(


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
CatFat
CatFat
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM

At 4/20/12 06:14 PM, Jomillex wrote:

:So I guess I'll be using my bamboo pen during the first round. I'm going to cry at how shitty my entry is coming out :/

I'm sorry to hear that... I've had stuff "get lost in the post" before and I know it's as frustrating as a constipated shit.
But hopefully you'll get your money back and can buy it off a genuine seller.
Most of us either have a mouse or an old tablet anyway. I've had the same tablet for nearly 5 years now. It bugs out occasionally, especially if i put my laptop to sleep, but it does the job. So although it may not be as comfortable as the cintiq might be (i've never tried it myself) you're certainly at no disadvantage. Man, just go for it with what you got for now! and claim the cintiq situation as a handicap for sympathy points! ;D


PSN ID: CatFatNG
Xbox Gamertag: CatFatNG

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 07:33 PM

At 4/20/12 06:57 PM, LazyAss23 wrote: I love my intous 4 i would get a new intous but later on yeah or cintiq but i love what i have so far and update will be up later today maybes :D sorry about that Josh :(

Nyeah its chill. I'll just buy another one, Sure fucks up my game plan tho..
I will definitely make an entry this year no matter how good it is, I hope this competition isn't based on cumulative score.
But I'm not planning on winning this year just getting as far as i can and learning to go through with projects


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
Emrox
Emrox
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 07:36 PM

Oooooh snap!

- N A T A - Open Round!


BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to - N A T A - Open Round! Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM

At 4/20/12 07:36 PM, Emrox wrote: Oooooh snap!

He goin to get arrested!


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature