00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

- N A T A - Open Round!

71,659 Views | 635 Replies

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 16:25:21

wow, thanks, didn't think i stood a chance!
congratulations to everyone who got through.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 16:28:20

My journey ends here, too bad. :(

But good luck to every one who made it through, I'm looking forward too seeing your progress and whom it will be who takes home 1st place. :)

If i had a goat, i'd probably have one more goat then you. Unless you're a farmer or something...

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 16:36:03

Welp, I knew I wasn't going to pass, but watching all those amazing animations are an inspiration to keep improving.

I still feel good to have participated. That was only my second animation and I know that it was far from perfect. If there is another NATA next year and I have the time, I will surely participate again.

So good luck to everyone!

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 16:46:02

I knew I wasn't going to move on to the next round, but being in this turnament was a great experience!
This was my longest animation and 3rd one I had ever made. I learned a lot by watching all of your entries and I will definately improve from this experience!
Good luck to everyone who moved on!

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 16:51:10

At 5/13/12 04:21 PM, NATA wrote: Congratulations to the 32 who have successfully made it into the Novice Round, which will begin later tonight!!

Pahgawk
VieRickend
Coughing-dog
Fungasm
Test-object
EmRox
JarrodStorm
BPremo
LazyModeComics
JagonDudo
digsBot
terabiter
DuDuL
Cenaf
slackman
CatFat
Hikarian
Lankie
Neeko
McBinkles
LumpyPenguin
BananasFoster
JoHobo
MihaP
ExtremeFudgeMaster
Sandwich-eater
TeamTomago
Catoblepas
BobyB64
DannX3
koit
francisyf

Oh my, I made it to the next round? I am of course happy to be able to participate in another round, but on the other hand, it's gonna be a veeeeery busy month. Well, I guess I'm not the only one. This is going to be very exciting, looking forward to it.

Anyways, it's late at night where I am (damn time zones), so I'll just have to wait till tomorrow with seeing the theme and such.

Good luck to all the 31 other contestants, as always, I can't wait to see all those great animations!

Nighty, night! Zzzzzzzz....

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 17:03:29

my name is the last place XD so thats good or bad ? xD oh well i passed :3 i have a chance, so i just have to work hard in this next month

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 17:07:28

I...bu...wu...a...

I...actually got....through?

*explodes*

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 17:21:07

At 5/13/12 05:07 PM, Lankie wrote: I...bu...wu...a...

I...actually got....through?

*explodes*

No, actually this in an alternate timeline. In the far off space year of 1999 from which you're actually from, you didn't get through. In fact, you got like... all 0s in every criteria.

In other news, I misspelled JerrodStorm as JarrodStorm. NG BBS doesn't allow post editing, so this is the correction. It's JerrodStorm.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 17:22:39

In other news, I misspelled JerrodStorm as JarrodStorm. NG BBS doesn't allow post editing, so this is the correction. It's JerrodStorm.

And francisyfl :3 its not francisyf, but its ok xD

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 17:28:09

At 5/13/12 05:21 PM, NATA wrote:
No, actually this in an alternate timeline. In the far off space year of 1999 from which you're actually from, you didn't get through. In fact, you got like... all 0s in every criteria.

DANG IT! Well, I guess I'll just have to dress like the 11th Doctor and use my time portal to travel back and save myself the embarrassment of the whole ord-waaaait a minute!

this seems awfully familiar...

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 17:38:42

i think i was the worst ._. depressing

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 17:42:53

is there going to be some critique\feedback on the submisions from the judges? just wondering, would be usefull to know where to focus improving.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 17:45:09

At 5/13/12 04:21 PM, NATA wrote: Pahgawk
VieRickend
Coughing-dog
Fungasm
Test-object
EmRox
JarrodStorm
BPremo
LazyModeComics
JagonDudo
digsBot
terabiter
DuDuL
Cenaf
slackman
CatFat
Hikarian
Lankie
Neeko
McBinkles
LumpyPenguin
BananasFoster
JoHobo
MihaP
ExtremeFudgeMaster
Sandwich-eater
TeamTomago
Catoblepas
BobyB64
DannX3
koit
francisyf

Woah I just made it! I gotta step up my game son.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:02:48

At 5/13/12 05:38 PM, francisyfl wrote: i think i was the worst ._. depressing

There were still 12 people below you who didn't get into the brackets at all, so no yours was not the worst by any means :)

At 5/13/12 05:42 PM, Cenaf wrote: is there going to be some critique\feedback on the submisions from the judges? just wondering, would be usefull to know where to focus improving.

Because of the high volume of entries in the open round, no. Judges are encouraged to write comments for the next few rounds, and really pushed to do so for the final couple rounds.

At 5/13/12 05:28 PM, Lankie wrote: DANG IT! Well, I guess I'll just have to dress like the 11th Doctor and use my time portal to travel back and save myself the embarrassment of the whole ord-waaaait a minute!
this seems awfully familiar...

People assume that Animation is a strict progression of shape to tween, but actually from a nonlinear non-subjective
viewpoint it's more like a big ball of... arts-y wartsy, move-y wove-y... stuff.

The Novice Round is supposed to begin in 6 hours, but I'm thinking of starting it early, in about an hour or two. What do you all think?

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:09:23

At 5/13/12 06:02 PM, NATA wrote: The Novice Round is supposed to begin in 6 hours, but I'm thinking of starting it early, in about an hour or two. What do you all think?

Considering it's past 0:00 right now... If you could start it within an hour i could start thinking of ideas during sleep.
Why not

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:13:56

At 5/13/12 06:02 PM, NATA wrote: People assume that Animation is a strict progression of shape to tween, but actually from a nonlinear non-subjective
viewpoint it's more like a big ball of... arts-y wartsy, move-y wove-y... stuff.

Oh enigmatic NATA person, you are clearly the best.

The Novice Round is supposed to begin in 6 hours, but I'm thinking of starting it early, in about an hour or two. What do you all think?

I'm okay with this c:

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:14:17

At 5/13/12 06:02 PM, NATA wrote: The Novice Round is supposed to begin in 6 hours, but I'm thinking of starting it early, in about an hour or two. What do you all think?

Yesyesyesyesyesyes

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:21:44

At 5/13/12 06:14 PM, BobyB64 wrote: Yesyesyesyesyesyes

Yesyesyesyesyesyes

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:23:12

I wonder just how far I was from winning?

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:26:14

Sounds good to me. The only downside being that I might have trouble sleeping from all the excitement :)

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:36:48

Sounds good. And XD could you fix my name on the list, sorry.

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:50:54

At 5/13/12 06:36 PM, francisyfl wrote: Sounds good. And XD could you fix my name on the list, sorry.

Your name will be correct in every iteration except that post announcing the winners. NG Forums don't allow editing.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 18:55:30

yes please.
Also would you be able to tell me how far my brother (monkeyman12344) was from qualifying?

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 19:01:54

At 5/13/12 06:55 PM, JoHobo2 wrote:
yes please.
Also would you be able to tell me how far my brother (monkeyman12344) was from qualifying?

As previously stated, each judge picked only their top 16 (or 18) favorites to decide qualifiers. The only two entrants that were listed but didn't make the top 32 were Krus Justice and TribeCollective. It's impossible to say "how close" any other entrants were to making it, since the cutoff was 16-18 entries for judges to select.

Judging for the following rounds will be strictly score based, and it will be much easier to deduce who stands where.

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 19:03:59

It's also worth mentioning that the Match-Ups have been posted!
http://nata.munchymedia.com/

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 19:08:16

Thanks NATA :)
Aw god I'm against JerrodStorm? He was one of the 3 people I was most hoping not to face early on

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 19:09:38

I thought I would have time to post the round early, but it's not looking that way at this point. Expect it around midnight Eastern Time!

BBS Signature

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 19:11:57

At 5/13/12 07:09 PM, NATA wrote: I thought I would have time to post the round early, but it's not looking that way at this point. Expect it around midnight Eastern Time!

Okay - then i'm going to sleep ;D Good night everyone!!

At 5/13/12 07:03 PM, NATA wrote: It's also worth mentioning that the Match-Ups have been posted!
http://nata.munchymedia.com/

I'm against BobyB64. Let's do our best!

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 19:17:16

with catfat x_x ?

Response to - N A T A - Open Round! 2012-05-13 19:22:46

gratz for every one that got in =D
i didnt... oh well
i still need alot to learn and next year i will be ready