BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-14 00:14:36 Reply

I don't know what's worse, the game or the fact that they already raised $180,000. Was there ever really a demand for a yogscast game?

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-14 00:19:18 Reply

They're not hiding the fact that it's like Minecraft. They explained it's like Minecraft adventure maps without blocks.

So yeah. Mhm.

ih8dude
ih8dude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-14 01:42:45 Reply

Are they still on bad terms with Notch?

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-14 01:50:57 Reply

This game is already shit deep in uncanny valley. What kind of 12 year old would fund this horrible face?

Yogscast is making a game.

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-14 07:34:25 Reply

At 4/14/12 01:42 AM, ih8dude wrote: Are they still on bad terms with Notch?

I'm not even sure.

BBS Signature
cheese654
cheese654
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-14 12:34:18 Reply

Looks like 2012's going to happen...

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-14 13:17:09 Reply

UPDATE: Some screen shots of the game.

BBS Signature
johnnyshroom221
johnnyshroom221
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-15 15:09:43 Reply

I like tha Yogscast and all their characters, so I think the idea of a game is pretty cool. The style looks unique and simple. I'm just wonderind what the objectives will be ; I don't want to just build stiff like minecraft. I want to go on a Yogscast adventure, amd hopefully see more characters than just Lewis and Simon. I'm not saying it'll be the next minecraft, but it looks fun.

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-15 18:15:15 Reply

It's seems interesting, worth keeping my eye on at the very least. I think it's kind of ridiculous asking a quarter of a million dollars, when the studio has no other games released and only have experience in webcasts. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

To protect the world from devastation. kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-15 18:20:46 Reply

At 4/15/12 06:15 PM, Thegluestickman wrote: It's seems interesting, worth keeping my eye on at the very least. I think it's kind of ridiculous asking a quarter of a million dollars, when the studio has no other games released and only have experience in webcasts. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Never mind, I just watched the video and it looks exactly like minecraft sans blocky graphics. I lost interest as soon as he said "In your face Notch!", seems like this is a huge dick waving contest. It's even got the version text in the corner like minecraft. Oh well.

To protect the world from devastation. kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-17 21:40:15 Reply

At 4/17/12 02:37 PM, Tramps wrote: I do watch the Yogscast on occasion because I like the stuff they cover a lot of the time and find it interesting to watch. Simon is bearable but Lewis is an overgrown man-child. I couldn't think of anyone less deserving for this. Although this is being handled by an outside games company, both people from the Yogscast have no experience in developing, producing, designing or releasing a game.

Personally, I hate yogscast. They are pretty much annoying and they're just kinda awkward. Yes, they haven't had experience with making games, but I think this will be a new learning experience for them.

This Yogventures thing will run them flat once they start covering mainly content for it in a bid to win people's approval. I can see it being a very poor investment.

I can see this too, usually being like roblox.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-18 02:53:35 Reply

amazing goty 10/10 love the yogscast all my money all my money XDDDDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

cool4345
cool4345
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-19 07:47:35 Reply

Oh dear god.

Brb, going to douse my eyes in citric acid.

Mmkay, looks like the video game industry has started it's decent into the shitter.

I already knew about this, but now my suspicions have been confirmed. It's bad.

It's pretty much minecraft, but without the ability to build. So it's like... a pointless adventure game.

Did the game industry really need this? No. It's the equivelant of a doom clone in the 90's, but if Britney Spears was funding it.

First off, look at the graphics of it. It looks as though it's from 2003.. WoW has better graphics than this.

Secondly, this is so obviously a publicity stunt, trying to make notch look bad (for the record, i don't like notch or the yogscast, though Hannah is bearable). And look at how much it takes from minecraft- the version number at the top, the inventory bar.. And that's just from a few screenshots.

Finally, look at how much finding this stupid thing has. Reached it's goal in about a week.. and now it's at $286,972. There's games which are far more deserving of $250,000 than this, that looks like a 15 year old made it all, on kickstarter alone.

And other projects on kickstarter have developers which are far more involved with the community... yogscast haven't mentioned the game since they announced it on youtube, and the people actually developing it (which, not surprisingly, won't get any of the credit for it since everybody will think that the yogscast suddenly learned how to program games..), have posted about 2 updates and that's it. They didn't even make a proper video asking for money for it, apart from the one the yogscast did which practically insulted their fans and notch.

Sigh. /rant

sig made by Willzyx ^^

BBS Signature
idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-19 11:53:48 Reply

Funny how a lot of people seem to think it's a Minecraft clone. it's not. This is basically a tool to create game levels akin to the Minecraft adventure maps. The difference being that Minecraft offers extremely limited tools to create interesting levels. Redstone is a pain, there's no way to control creature spawning, there are no objective/key and lock/whateverthefuck systems etc.

The Yogscast are using their popularity to market the game.

I have no problem with this existing. I could see it becoming "Baby's first SDK" and being used to get kids interested in video game development into scripting and level design and whatnot, which would be very cool.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Yogscast is making a game. 2012-04-19 12:39:54 Reply

At 4/17/12 02:37 PM, Tramps wrote: I do watch the Yogscast on occasion because I like the stuff they cover a lot of the time and find it interesting to watch. Simon is bearable but Lewis is an overgrown man-child.

You got them backwards, my friend. Lewis is the skinny one, Simon is the fat, child like one. While I'm a fan of the Yogscast, I can agree with the fact that Simon is quite the man-child.

This Yogventures thing will run them flat once they start covering mainly content for it in a bid to win people's approval. I can see it being a very poor investment.

Yognauts eat up anything they put out. This can only increase profits to them. Good for them for entering a market where they ar practically guaranteed to be successful.

BBS Signature