New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nijg
Nijg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Do moderators make top audio lists? Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 01:38 PM Reply

In the previous layout of newgrounds, to my understanding the top scoring list was a list of songs which newgrounds moderators chose to be on the list.

Are the top audio lists still made that way, or is it now strictly by user views and/or scores?

Written over 700 midi songs

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Do moderators make top audio lists? Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 01:48 PM Reply

The top was never decided by moderators, the 5 songs (which are now 8 songs) that have the highest scores of the week are automatically ranked by A-bot. However, the featured audio on the front page is picked by mods, yes.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Do moderators make top audio lists? Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 4/13/12 01:48 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: The top was never decided by moderators, the 5 songs (which are now 8 songs) that have the highest scores of the week are automatically ranked by A-bot. However, the featured audio on the front page is picked by mods, yes.

This.

BeefourMusic
BeefourMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Do moderators make top audio lists? Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 08:05 PM Reply

At 4/13/12 01:48 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: The top was never decided by moderators, the 5 songs (which are now 8 songs) that have the highest scores of the week are automatically ranked by A-bot. However, the featured audio on the front page is picked by mods, yes.

Ahhh, this explains why my track "Oxygen" was featured but not in the top 8! Couldn't understand why it was getting so many views!

I like this system :D