New Topic Respond to this Topic
Carefoot
Carefoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Writer
File stuck at 20% uploading? 2012-04-12 05:43:41 Reply

11mb file, sampled at 44.1k, mp3x320kbps, won't upload... without trunicating the file length or quality further is there a fix for this? My stuff sounds bad enough at mp3 as it is x_x

Irrelevant jpg too prove I can upload shit normally.

File stuck at 20% uploading?

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to File stuck at 20% uploading? 2012-04-12 05:47:31 Reply

That's because right now NG's audio uploading tool is really glitchy right now. It has always been fairly buggy, but since the redesign it has become a massive pain to try and upload MP3 files, especially large ones. The only fix right now is to keep on trying - try again and again, and if that doesn't work then try a different browser.

So far, other than doing repeated attempts, I haven't heard of any way to get around it. The staff know about the problem and are working on fixing it once that get more pressing matters out of their hair.

Good luck uploading that file!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to File stuck at 20% uploading? 2012-04-12 05:48:37 Reply

At 4/12/12 05:47 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: once they get more pressing matters out of their hair.

Fix'd.

/Grammar Nazi.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Tilkanuts
Tilkanuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to File stuck at 20% uploading? 2012-04-12 06:18:19 Reply

At 4/12/12 05:43 AM, Carefoot wrote: 11mb file, sampled at 44.1k, mp3x320kbps, won't upload... without trunicating the file length or quality further is there a fix for this? My stuff sounds bad enough at mp3 as it is x_x

Irrelevant jpg too prove I can upload shit normally.

I figured it out just barely as i was having the same problem. You have to upload it and let it sit on the same page until it's finished uploading. No browsing other tabs or doing anything else, just let it sit there and upload. That's how it worked for me anyway.