00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight

11,562 Views | 148 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-15 20:10:13

At 11/15/12 05:16 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote:
At 11/15/12 04:27 PM, sweet21 wrote: Now that I think about it...Wheres Laharl?
Who is Laharl?

how dare you

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-17 08:50:50

Well, three days until release....new DLC characters announced (Kat and Emmet are free for two weeks; hot damn). I've almost got enough cash for a day 1 pick-up (it pisses me off to only be fifteen and have no job). I didn't even get to play the beta to know whether I really wanted this game or not.

Oh well....might as well list off my DLC character hopes (I'll do it in pairs, as per PSASBR rivalry style):

-Crash and Spyro
-Any Final Fantasy Hero and Any Final Fantasy Antagonist (repeat if felt it should be done)
-Paul Phoenix and any character from the Street Fighter franchise
-Ezio OR Altair and Solid Snake
-Rayman and Wanderer from Shadow of Colusses
-Chimera and.....still working on who could be its rival.
-Any Heavy Rain character and......still working on who could be a rival.

Well, my list is kind of incomplete and lacks indie games so there's probably a world more of possibilities than what I've listed off.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-20 00:35:33

So the game is officially out in the U.S. now. Neat. Still hoping for new DLC that could introduce Crash, Spyro, and possibly Tomba.

I'm gonna pester my friend who owns a PS3 to snag this.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-20 12:12:33

Reviews are out. Machinima and IGN. The Machinima review talks about what I mentioned earlier but to a lesser extent. They talk about the bland menus and apparently the boss stage is the XMB bar? The default theme for the playstation?
Also the explosion of X, square, circle, and triangle, they are right, the game feels the need to shove SONY down your throat while you play. This removes abit of the games wonder and ruins its theme.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-20 20:50:49

At 11/20/12 12:12 PM, sweet21 wrote: Reviews are out. Machinima and IGN. The Machinima review talks about what I mentioned earlier but to a lesser extent. They talk about the bland menus and apparently the boss stage is the XMB bar? The default theme for the playstation?
Also the explosion of X, square, circle, and triangle, they are right, the game feels the need to shove SONY down your throat while you play. This removes abit of the games wonder and ruins its theme.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that point. "Too much Sony?" Well what the hell do you want? It's a SONY MASCOT BRAWLER. They want to have their name verified as a prominent brand. Nobody says shit about Super Smash Bros. being too Nintendoish (and I know that somebody will say that they're not shoving Nintendo down your throat; horseshit). And I remember even some reviews saying that it's not ENOUGH like Smash Bros. So first you criticize it for being a Smash clone, and then bash on it some more for not delivering the same one-trick pony mantra that Nintendo created? Everybody wants the same old thing. Whether you like it or not, it's innovative in its own right and should be viewed as standalone without any comparisons to Smash Bros. You know why? I'll simply say:
It's a Sony game.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-20 21:48:55

At 11/20/12 08:50 PM, Trapex wrote: I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that point. "Too much Sony?"

For fucks sake man, yes, its a mascot brawler, but the attention should be on the fucking MASCOTS. Why the hell do the menus look like the XMB bar? You couldn't have done something else? Really nice ones like marvel vs. capcom 3? Why the fuck do they explode into controller buttons? Could a flashy explosion not be enough?
And why, WHY is the boss stage ALSO the XMB bar background? Looks like the developers thought "well its what the playstation store looks like, we may as well fucking LOOK like it, hey its sony!"

Smash brothers doesnt do this, I dont see anyone exploding into Y, B, A, X, I dont see Mii's dicking around, the games menus dont look like the Eshop, the game blends the worlds and environments NOT the consoles! So the final product FEELS not like a mascot brawler, but a cross over fighting game.

All stars ruins this with its fucking menus.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-20 22:26:43

I wouldn't say that All-Stars ruins it with the menus, although it was probably overdone a bit. But the developers (Superbot) stated that they wanted this to be about Sony and its history. I'm not saying they made the right choice, but if they wanted to make it about Sony mostly, then let them be.
But I still want to state that this should be it's own standalone title and shouldn't be compared to anything that set a standard otherwise. People keep on saying that it's impossible to do a review on this game without comparing it to Super Smash Bros. No it isn't. It's easy. Just DO NOT TYPE THE FUCKING WORDS INTO THE REVIEW AND LOOK AT IT INDIVIDUALLY. Christ, how hard is it?

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-23 14:17:46

Does no one seem to care about Sir Daniel? Honestly, I'm amazed that I'm not the only person in the world who remembers this game.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-23 15:33:17

At 11/23/12 02:17 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Does no one seem to care about Sir Daniel? Honestly, I'm amazed that I'm not the only person in the world who remembers this game.

"Captain Fortesque, it's me, Canny Tim. Does the battle go well?"

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-23 16:02:55

At 11/23/12 03:33 PM, Mr-Anderson wrote:
At 11/23/12 02:17 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Does no one seem to care about Sir Daniel? Honestly, I'm amazed that I'm not the only person in the world who remembers this game.
"Captain Fortesque, it's me, Canny Tim. Does the battle go well?"

"..."

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-25 22:00:12

Fortesque is in it? awesome! I loved Medievil 2.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-12-01 16:27:32

Got my copy. Anyone else?

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-12-01 19:37:51

At 12/1/12 04:27 PM, EKublai wrote: Got my copy. Anyone else?

I do. It's a pretty decent game, overall. With DLC coming along (and a reported patch that also lessens Sackboy's), there's hope that this game can become even better. It would be better for me if it wasn't for a shitty internet connection on my end.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-12-03 15:40:37

At 12/2/12 05:02 AM, Austerity wrote: A lot of people are saying that there needs to be more backgrounds/levels with there only being 14 in the game. Another case of leaving a game incomplete to sell more DLC later?

Probably, but at least there's a chance it'll be free for the first two weeks. Speaking of stages, do any of you have any ideas for some? I know this is a thread for the game, but that doesn't mean we can only share our opinion on gameplay, graphics, etc. I've had two stage ideas:

Stage: Limbo City
Mash-Up: InFamous 2

Dynamics:

I got the idea just ten minutes ago. The players start off in L!â^'ÃYo (Limbo) City, on the rooftops of maybe two buildings. In the background you see Joseph Bertrand III on stage in the streets ranting about the "Demon of Empire City". As you continue fighting, the city begins changing the building platforms and eventually Bertrand turns into The Behemoth. Limbo City suddenly begins to get chaotic and attack Bertrand. While the players continue fighting, both the City and Bertrand try to attack them. Although Bertrand is just trying to survive, he is eventually defeated by Limbo City and it returns back to the state it was in at the beginning of the match.

Why I think it could work:

Since The Beast already made a cameo, why not The Behemoth? Bertrand calls Cole a demon and demons are the main enemy of the Devil May Cry series. Also in the DmC trailer where Mundus is seen, he is suffering from a God Complex and in InFamous 2 Bertrand believes he is doing Gods work.

This next one I'm not entirely sure I said everything right, but I'll share it anyway:

Stage: Gaea (Final Fantasy VII)
Mash-Up: StarHawk
Dynamics:
The players battle in an area just outside the Shinra building from Final Fantasy 7, the Lifestream from the series is also significantly visible, as the level takes place at night time. The level mostly appears to be destroyed building chunks and some platforms of buildings still in development. Rifters can be seen coming to the planet in their Drop Pods, wishing to take the energy from the Lifestream-Mako-because they believe it is Rift Energy instead. However Shinra soldiers show up and the Rifters and Shinra Company battle over who will gain thie "Blue Gold". Eventually the giant Flying Rift Monster from StarHawk appears and both the Rifters and Shinra Soldiers turn their attention to it (the Rift Monster acts as a stage hazard to the players). Sydney Cutter appears on the bottom left of the HUD telling them to attack it so he can place a Rift Extractor on it. Both factions eventually manage to "defeat" the monster and Syndey is able place the Rift Extractor.
However, if the match is not timed, the Rift Monster will escape from its entrapment in the Rift Extractor similar to how it did in StarHawk and the event will loop.

Why I think this would work: Both Final Fantasy 7 and StarHawk worlds appear to live off of some form of universal energy. Mako in the Final Fantasy world is electricity (and in-game magic), while Rift Energy is energy (and in-game currency). While StarHawks events appear to take place on more than one planet, the Final Fantasy franchise usually has a new world (and hero) in every game.

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-17 20:58:28

February 12th is the date to pick up these 2 lovely characters!

"I'll kill every last Outcast to get to you Logan!"

This game really needed another female. It was mostly a sausage-fest.

They will be free for the first 2 weeks. However if you play quick matches, the new stage might cost you...

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-17 21:33:42

At 1/17/13 08:58 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: They will be free for the first 2 weeks. However if you play quick matches, the new stage might cost you...

Define free for first two weeks. As in if I get them the first two weeks I keep them forever, or I get them but only for two weeks.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-18 04:12:56

At 1/17/13 08:58 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: This game really needed another female. It was mostly a sausage-fest.

Sweet Tooth was already in the game.
Here's the real trailer

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-18 13:04:16

At 1/18/13 04:12 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 1/17/13 08:58 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: This game really needed another female. It was mostly a sausage-fest.
Here's the real trailer

Oh. I didnt bother clicking it but it seems he linked the wrong trailer.
Kat is a new character

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-19 20:11:27

At 1/18/13 04:12 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
Here's the real trailer

Right, my bad. Hehe...

And once you get those for the first two weeks, they're forever in your downloads. No PS+ business. I'm personally looking forward to playing as Emmett, StarHawk was alright.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-24 02:34:32

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-24 06:20:36

At 1/24/13 02:34 AM, TheMajormel wrote: WHOA

I actually knew that already...

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-24 12:05:40

At 1/18/13 01:04 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 1/18/13 04:12 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Sweet Tooth was already in the game.
Here's the real trailer
Kat is a new character

Why did you just link the exact same trailer as me?

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-24 12:38:33

At 1/24/13 12:05 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 1/18/13 01:04 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 1/18/13 04:12 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Sweet Tooth was already in the game.
Here's the real trailer
Kat is a new character
Why did you just link the exact same trailer as me?

'Just'? There was nothing there when I posted that. I assumed I was first to correct that.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-24 13:09:59

At 1/24/13 12:38 PM, sweet21 wrote: There was nothing there when I posted that.

What? You even quoted my post with the link to the trailer.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-24 13:13:01

At 1/24/13 01:09 PM, LiquidFire wrote:

...I must have been tired. Get off my back woman.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-24 13:39:41

At 1/24/13 01:13 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 1/24/13 01:09 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
...I must have been tired. Get off my back woman.

Pfft, I'm not a woman.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-01-24 18:02:25

At 1/24/13 06:20 AM, Trapex wrote:
At 1/24/13 02:34 AM, TheMajormel wrote: WHOA
I actually knew that already...

I didnt

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-02-28 17:52:16

I know some people will be happy!

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2013-02-28 18:18:39

At 2/28/13 05:52 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: I know some people will be happy!

Disregard that post, apparently it's fake and I fell for it...

I've still got my eye on that image though. Sorry all.