Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 02:35:56 Reply

it may be a religious holiday but i don't think you understand easter

it's about family and shit, would you go fuck the dog and play on your xbox on easter monday in stead of spending time with the rest of your family... just because you are atheist?

christmas is the same way. except people will get drunk as fuck on christmas and no one cares. i drink at every occasion but waking up with a hangover after good friday is unacceptable lol

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 03:59:01 Reply

I only care about Easter because its the only time they have those really good Cadbury easter eggs that are really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 04:05:18 Reply

You're right. Fun's overrated.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
PoundDotBlam
PoundDotBlam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 04:32:21 Reply

At 4/8/12 07:38 PM, Suprememessage wrote: I've seen some people who aren't even religious celebrate it, what's the point. It's just another excuse to get kids candy and use the media to sell people lies of happiness. Is it not? To me it's confusing why people really care that much.

Get back on your meds... it's fucking Easter.

WirelessBrain
WirelessBrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 04:40:27 Reply

Chocolate. need I say more?

ngman7
ngman7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 04:50:34 Reply

At 4/8/12 07:38 PM, Suprememessage wrote: I've seen some people who aren't even religious celebrate it, what's the point. It's just another excuse to get kids candy and use the media to sell people lies of happiness. Is it not? To me it's confusing why people really care that much.

The real meaning of the holiday was theResurrection of Christ. The Easter Bunny, eggs and chicks are pagan fertility symbols- something the advertising companies came up with the market the holiday with. I do not know the details of the story behind that.

The better question would be why do people celebrate Good Friday? Jesus is alive and well and He sits at the right hand of God in Heaven. Why would you celebrate a holiday to commemorate Jesus' death? That is ignorant.

Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 06:14:21 Reply

What I find amusing is that people claim that Easter and other holidays solely exist so companies can boost sales. While companies use the holidays in order to do that, that is not why they exist (with the exception of "Father's Day", which is). The holidays originally had a much more meaningful purpose, and because they have been celebrated for hundreds of years, they are ingrained into our society. It's only in extremely recent times that they have become an excuse for people to buy things, and it take more than a few years to undo several hundred years of culture.

THAT's why.

Song of the Firefly is on Steam Greenlight and Kickstarter. Give them a look and support the project!
------------------------------

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 07:06:44 Reply

Thats like asking why does anyone care about Halloween

assassin1337
assassin1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Artist
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 09:48:04 Reply

I don't believe in Easter nor Christmas ever since I was a child, that is due to the fact my family and I are not even Christian but we still believe in Jesus' teachings.

Emphasis are great!

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 09:57:32 Reply

Because there's chocolate eggs and bunnies.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
NeutralObjections
NeutralObjections
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 14:24:41 Reply

At 4/8/12 07:38 PM, Suprememessage wrote: I've seen some people who aren't even religious celebrate it, what's the point.

..I celebrate it because of it's religious aspect.

But considering the other side, you're being kind of... uncaring? Can't really find the word.

Why wouldn't people, especially kids, want to be happy? Or for that matter, have candy?

Fuck you people. How dare you have an excuse to be happy and eat tasty things. FUK.
dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 14:25:24 Reply

At 4/8/12 07:38 PM, Suprememessage wrote: I've seen some people who aren't even religious celebrate it, what's the point.

CUZ ERRYBODY LUV DAH LORD!

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
psychopathy
psychopathy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 17:20:14 Reply

At 4/9/12 04:50 AM, ngman7 wrote: r

The better question would be why do people celebrate Good Friday? Jesus is alive and well and He sits at the right hand of God in Heaven. Why would you celebrate a holiday to commemorate Jesus' death? That is ignorant.

christians celebrate that holiday because jesus supposedly died for all of humanity's sins. it's not like they celebrate jesus's death just for the hell of it you know. they do so because they believe that if jesus didn't die, they would be eternally doomed to suffer in hell or something

you know for an annoying religious christian, you don't seem to know why the majority of your fellow christians celebrate a very important holiday. it's kinda ironic

but whatever i didn't expect you to make an intelligent response in this thread anyway

NerdLiife
NerdLiife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 17:52:20 Reply

It's because of the chocolate. Think about the friggen chocolate man, the chocolate....CHOCOLAAAATTTEEEE!

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 18:23:45 Reply

One word: Capitalism

BBS Signature
Jay
Jay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 19:07:18 Reply

"Sigh"

It's a reason for the redneck side of my family, funny I call them that since it contains Mexicans and Blacks, to have a get together. That's about it. I may or may not get some candy, which is a nice bonus. Everything doesn't have to be so negative, it's just a holiday. And I don't think you should have to be any religion to celebrate it, regardless of its origins.

Also

Limited
Limited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 19:17:16 Reply

Fucking chocolate and shit, why does anyone care why anyone cares about Easter? It's all a semi-religious retail-oriented circle jerk at the end of the day.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 19:19:24 Reply

At 4/8/12 07:42 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
At 4/8/12 07:38 PM, Suprememessage wrote: It's just another excuse to get kids candy and use the media to sell people lies of happiness. Is it not?
So?

People enjoy holidays and they've become tradition for most people, regardless of whether or not they have religious origins.

bingo

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 19:25:46 Reply

At 4/9/12 12:59 AM, jlwelch wrote:
You miserable heathen, Easter is the day Christ rose from the dead after dying for our sins! The whole "Easter Bunny" and "Easter Eggs" thing is trash, but that the resurrection of Christ is the reason for the whole holiday.

But who said I believed in that, be tolerant of people's religion man. I said even none religious people celebrated it. Which is my confusion, religious people can celebrate anything they want if it isn't morally wrong or illegal.

SpamOfCan
SpamOfCan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 19:46:34 Reply

PENIS EASTER EGG! :DDDDDDDDDDDD

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 20:56:34 Reply

Easter is the day that Jesus supposedly rose from the grave and became the savior and all that shit, but naturally most people think of that as a crock of shit, so instead, we decided that the bunny, chocolate and family togetherness was the secular version that most people celebrate today to a certain degree, and I don't have a problem with that.

It's actually quite funny, considering that Easter was originally a Pagan holiday, but when Christianity took over the Roman Empire, they decided to change up some things with the holiday, and the rest is history.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 22:38:37 Reply

You just answered your own question

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 22:43:49 Reply

Why do non-Christians celebrate Christmas?

Why do they replace the idea of Jesus with the image of Santa Claus?

Exactly.

It's all fun, and besides, holidays have been perverted beyond the point of recognition nowadays.

(Who celebrates Halloween as a time to worship Satan?)

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Why does anyone care about Easter? 2012-04-09 22:45:11 Reply

At 4/9/12 10:43 PM, T3XT wrote: Why do non-Christians celebrate Christmas?

Why do they replace the idea of Jesus with the image of Santa Claus?

Exactly.

It's all fun, and besides, holidays have been perverted beyond the point of recognition nowadays.

(Who celebrates Halloween as a time to worship Satan?)

>No one. Exactly.