00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games you will never play again.

3,739 Views | 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 14:23:58

As per Baha's request, moved this thread to VG BBS.

I'd never play Skyrim twice. Don't get me wrong, its a fantastic game. But with
120+ hours racked up, and still not being close to the end of the game, it definitely
wont be worth a second play through. Not for another 10 years atleast.

Sad thing is, there even a few FPS/TPS I'd never play twice. Like Army of two the 40th day.
The story line was so Swiss cheesed, that it made me regret playing it the first time.
I'd also never play RE: 5 again. It was an awesome game, fantastic, but the story was a lot
like a stick of gum, once you've chewed on it, your not going to save it, and chew on that
same piece again.

Skaren made my Icon and Sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 14:32:08

I will never play any Animal Crossing game again. That shit is way too addicting and takes up gaming time that I can use for fighting, racing and shooting instead paying off a debt to a raccoon and pulling every weed out of the ground. Don't get me wrong, it was fun in it's own way, but I put more time into those games than I probably should have.

Damn though, I miss my bro' Egbert. He was cool.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 15:13:22

Rage. Fuck that game, and fuck id. They just need to die already.

Also, Red Faction Armageddon. Without exaggerating at all, one of the worst games I've ever played in my entire life.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 15:46:39

Any game in the God of War series. Playing through the first two was good enough for me, and I have no desire to play any of the newer ones.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 16:59:38

I give my most of my games at least a second play through, but there are a few I'd probably never play again for various reasons:

Final Fantasy II (Dawn of Souls)

Not that it was that bad, but there are other games in this series that I'd much rather replay.

Pokemon Red

I have replayed this game many times when I was a kid, but it has aged terribly. Also, the internal battery of my cartridge died. I know how to fix that (fixed my Silver cartridge before), but I can't be arsed to. If I want to replay this, I'll probably play the remake.

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney and Phoenix Wright - Trials and Tribulations

I really liked them, but these games simply have 0 replay value. Everything is exactly the same and if you already know how every case is going to end up it just feels like there's not much point going through them again.

The Sims: Bustin' Out

Finished the "story" mode once (for one career) and I don't feel like going through that again. Once they require you to make at least 5 friends for a promotion the game gets really annoying.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 17:04:05

I wouldn't say never.

But I'm not interested in the now dated GTA IV series, and I can't seem to bring myself to play through the original Deus Ex.

Also, Zelda: Twilight Princess.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 17:08:58

Assassin's Creed. After one playthrough, I'm really sick of these games.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 18:54:25

This is all going to sound a bit ignorant and the first two are heralded as classics, but this is just how I feel.

Bioshock - I just can't bring myself to play any further, I really wanted to like it but I just hate the puzzles and they're too boring and unoriginal I think.

Oblivion - Again, I really wanted to enjoy it but theres something about it I just don't like. Might be the fighting, it just feels a bit unsatisfying.

Fable II - I enjoyed it, but no replay value really.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 19:16:06

Pretty much all the games I loved when I was little. If I go back now they might lose their magic.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 19:21:55

Mafia 2. The story was incredible but it has 0 replay value.

PSN: BronzeRat

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 21:43:31

I'd agree with the majority here.

My main thing, is that there seems to be a trade off in modern gaming.
Now, you can get a game that is only about 20 hours, and most of the
time less than that, that has great replay value. Or, a game that is ridiculously
long, and has absolutely no replay value. The ones that really urk me, are the
games that are super short, with no replay value, as it feels like a waste of
money.

Skaren made my Icon and Sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 23:02:09

At 4/8/12 02:23 PM, SoapyCola wrote:
I'd never play Skyrim twice. Don't get me wrong, its a fantastic game. But with
120+ hours racked up, and still not being close to the end of the game, it definitely
wont be worth a second play through. Not for another 10 years atleast.

ditto

I did a second play through so I could join the Imperials as I joined the Stormcloaks the first go round.

Other than that, I found it to be too repetitive and like you said, after like 200 hours+, no matter how much I enjoy the game, the replay value just goes downhill. So many of the quests have the same outcome no matter how you do them etc

And even on my first play through, I ended up getting bored mid-way into the game. Oh, another tomb with undead folks. Okay.

At 4/8/12 04:59 PM, Auz wrote: The Sims: Bustin' Out

Sims has a decent replay value because you can at least make different characters live different lives but I've been disappointed with the expansions that have been released. They all seem to be the same thing. A few new careers, and you can be a celebrity. again. I loved Seasons in Sims 2 and I keep crossing my fingers eventually that will happen again. I go a few months without playing and then play a little while and retire it once more.

Another game I didn't bother replaying, LA Noire.

Sold it back to Gamestop as soon as I was done.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-08 23:29:26

At 4/8/12 03:13 PM, OwnageGiy223 wrote: Rage. Fuck that game, and fuck id. They just need to die already.

Also, Red Faction Armageddon. Without exaggerating at all, one of the worst games I've ever played in my entire life.

Have to agree with you on Rage. My brother gave it to me for free through this thing Bethesda offers to Best Buy employees. Story never finishes, no final boss, a large amount of side missions sent you back to spots you already cleared, your actions are (for the most part) unimportant errands for random post-apoc people, racing was a forced gimmick, and enough pop rockets will get you through any difficulty setting. I have no hope for Doom 4 now because of how bad Carmack and his team messed this up.

I heard about how bad it was, but that's really unfortunate considering how good Red Faction Guerrilla was

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-09 01:11:58

Call of Duty. Never will play this again, because it is too short.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-09 04:20:50

A lot of the games I have issues returning to is from a bad ending or any stupidly difficult parts in the game. My memory is hazy of a lot of games I played, but here's a short list of what I'm never returning to:

Mirror's Edge
When a game with such a gorgeous art style and such fluid, intuitive mechanics has a story that is as predictable and cliche as progressive trance, it's a travesty. I played the brief story with hopes that the narrative would improve somewhere along the lines, but to no avail. Would I play a sequel if one were to be released? Absolutely, because it's rare for an IP's first game to be spectacular on all fronts, and I can give Faith a second shot, but this particular title won't get that anytime soon.

Fable II
On the topic of IPs that are spectacular... Fable was a game that proved to me that Diablo 2 had competition in terms of gameplay, graphics and story, and when I finished the tumultuous story, I was yearning for more. It was years before I played Fable II and while the story and gameplay improved nicely, and the graphics were improved exponentially, it all led to one of the most disappointing endings I've ever witnessed.

You prepare for the biggest fight of the game like you would after a ridiculous amount of grinding to reach the boss fight, and as he is doing his speech before the fight like they typically do, and then one of your teammates kills him. There was no fight. There was no fuss. Only rage. After your teammate slays the boss, he says something snarky, along of the lines of "he would never shut up" and the game ends. Fuck everything about that ending.

The Outfit
The game's about a crack squad of specialized commandos during WWII that are attempting to take out a Nazi group. It's essentially just another game about WWII, but what sets it apart from others is that it incorporates 3rd-person action gaming and RTS elements. The characters were strong and the graphics were good for a game so young in the console's lifespan, but the biggest letdown was how much potential there was for the gameplay.

The way it was played was truly meant for multiplayer, and seeing as the game is so old and was essentially unknown from the get go, there was no real drive to play it past the so-so story. Shame, really... the game could have been as popular as, say, Call of Duty?

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-09 04:50:35

I'll never play "Hunger Game - The Game"
Because I can't dodge the knife......

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-09 09:11:08

One game on top of my head is FFXIII. I've beaten all the subbosses so I really have no need to play this again. Couldn't stand the storyline at all since I felt it was a load of nonsense throughout. That saying, I MIGHT pick up XIII-2 at some point but for XIII, not one I'll be rushing back to anytime soon.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-09 10:14:40

At 4/9/12 09:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: One game on top of my head is FFXIII. I've beaten all the subbosses so I really have no need to play this again. Couldn't stand the storyline at all since I felt it was a load of nonsense throughout. That saying, I MIGHT pick up XIII-2 at some point but for XIII, not one I'll be rushing back to anytime soon.

I haven't even beaten FFXIII and I've had it since it was released. I'm stuck at the boss fight with Cid but I have to say that the story line has not been impressive for me thus far.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-09 12:35:30

I would always make my way back to old games I played growing up. Even the ones I hates I would play fully through. Heck I just finished playing one of my old games called the *Wanders from Ys* something from 1990 for the super NES. I could never bring myself to stop playing any games I still own from ages forgotten.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-09 23:00:53

Bioshock - I felt after meeting that Peaches guy just kinda bored. I was just happy I was borrowing it.

Oblivion - I bought this since I had no cash for Skyrim (have it now & love it) and I gotta say 2006 must have been a bad gaming year if that won Game Of The Year it's a piece of crap I got stuck in the sewers and when I got out the landscape was boring and just unreal to me.

GTA Franchise - Right now I'm bored of all GTA games except maybe TBOGT. When GTA V comes out I'll probably borrow it and then buy later on only if you can get in planes and if there is dogs like the trailer revealed then awesome.

Fallout 3 - No big paragraph just bored of it.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-09 23:10:49

twisted metal for ps3 shit sucked

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-10 00:03:11

At 4/9/12 04:30 AM, Protagonist wrote: Skyward Sword and Uncharted 3. Easily the worse entry in both series, both of them falling flat. Especially Uncharted 3.

Woah woah woah woah woah-------woah.

I can't really say anything for Skyward Sword, as I've never played it, but Uncharted 3? Really? I mean, yeah, you can't really be expecting the third installment in the series to live up to previous standards that have been set. If anything, I'd rather you call out the original Uncharted; Uncharted 3, with it's much better graphic system and enhanced gameplay to go along with a nice little online multiplayer. And look, I don't want to sound like one of those fan-boys who can only stick to one game franchise/company/system at a time and rule it out as an idol, dismissing anyone's views contrary to my own, but I'm just looking at the pure value of the game and what little gems it has to offer hidden within the actual storyline itself. I still find myself trying to go back, finding different treasures along the way.

On a seperate note: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Street Fight IV (just another standard fighter; no real plot involved, but I just don't like it), and Jak 2.

Games I WOULD like to play again: Infamous 1 and 2 (different karmic choices; no duh), Skyrim (considering I don't think I've even gotten past 20 hours yet, it still has a lot to offer to me yet), Uncharted 3, and Yu-gi-oh!: Falsebound Kingdom (just to go back and collect all the various monsters; in my young and adolescent mind, it was glory in it's own right).

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-10 01:22:47

Borderlands - Because once you've beaten the game, you can tank through every enemy with a few shots, and that's incredibly boring. I will be picking up Borderlands 2, though.

Halo 3 - Not because I dislike the game or because I have a grudge against Bungie, or even because I'm tired of it, but after 2000+ games spanning countless gameplay hours and a nearly tearjerking sendoff into Halo Reach, this game doesn't need to be picked up again.

Halo Reach - Because it was a fucking piece of shit, that's why.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-10 01:38:06

Dead rising 2. I didn't really enjoy it, even though I love zombies and zombie games.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-10 02:40:51

Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets for Gameboy Advance.

This game was pure shit. I should have known better, since it's a game, based on a movie, based on a book. The story does not resemble the book OR movie in any way. In fact, they should have called it Harry Potter Puzzle Adventures. There were confusing side missions that had nothing to do with the actual game, like running errands in a dungeon for the lazy, fat fuck Gringorts goblins. It's their fucking bank, why can't they fucking get my money for me?

After finally getting to Hogwarts, I was greeted with a shitty cutscene, and then i was free to find my way around the castle -- I had no idea what to do next. I didn't even get in trouble for crashing the car into their goddamn tree. In fact, there were about 3 students in the school other than me. After the cutscene, there was an impossibly large dungeon mission next that I never figured out -- it was a maze. All that I could do was play stupid minigames.

Never again. It was a symphony of mediocrity. A travesty of a game.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-10 06:15:58

I never replay any games, since it's the same, again.
Except Diablo 2, of course, that game changes with any class you take.

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-10 07:13:36

L.A Noire - I preordered this game hoping it wouldn't be as linear as it was than traded it in after I beat the game and the free DLC.

Pokemon - This one I play solely for nostalgia value but I don't really have the time right now to sink into a RPG like this.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-10 07:40:21

Pretty much any racing game. Considering after the first race you do it's the same thing hundreds of times over I'm surprised I ever finish an entire game.

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-10 08:44:30

Any sonic game

Syndicate

BBS Signature

Response to Games you will never play again. 2012-04-10 10:09:04

Kane and Lynch 2

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out

You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism

Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature