New Topic Respond to this Topic
Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 02:47 AM Reply

"Hey everyone, my name is New Jersey and I like to stage a 3rd period comeback only to let the other team score and tie the series up."

Well, at least it's 1-1 for the time being.

I'd also like to take some time and add lol@Vancouver to my post. Top seed is down 2-0 to the Kings.

2012 NHL Playoffs!

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 03:16 AM Reply

They're down 0-3 and it's rather glorious.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 03:38 AM Reply

So what could the plan possibly be for the Penguins for game number 4 ? I mean, they have played very well throughout the 3 games they lost. They really are just losing because of Marc-André Fleury's horrible job in the net. He isn't a bad goalie, but he obviously won't make a good comeback in game 4. So what should the coach do ? Send in Johnson right from the start or bet on Fleury yet again and hope he will be as good as in the playoffs of 2009 and 2010 ?

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 08:04 AM Reply

Penguins played like a disgraceful team yesterday, The Flyers schooled them because of it. Taking cheapshots at our Rookies who could end up being the reason we win the Stanley cup if these dicks don't injure our players.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 08:20 AM Reply

GO YANKEES!

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 08:21 AM Reply

Also, getting sick of people keep talking about The Flyers from the 70's saying that they used to play like how The Penguins are playing now to win their games. So did many other teams, they made more rules for a reason because they found out how serious concussions are. People always bring up the past when they want to bash Philly. They do the same thing about the Philadelphia Eagles Santa Claus incident which happened in the 60's!

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 09:05 AM Reply

NSH 3-2 DET

Well, some good goaltending from Rinne, not a whole lot on the highlinghts from Howard, a slice of luck from Datsyuk, after his takeaway and massive fortune from Nashville, that the time expired, before the puck crossed the line at the end of the 2nd period. Oh, for a buzzer beater rule, Detroit would have the 2-1 advantage.

As it stands, Nashville now have a 2-1 lead, guaranteeign them a split in the 2 games at the Joe, at worst. Can they go out there and do better, taking a 3-1 lead home? We shall see.

Prediction : Nashville have won all 2 games that Detroit should allow them. Seeing the momentum stop from here will be a tough ask from the Wings, but they are capable of it

PIT 4-8 PHI

If your goalie can't stop the puck, you won't win the game, no matter how good your offence is. Danny Briere and Jaromir Jagr supplied the offence for the Flyers today, with three points each, as eight flyers registered multi-point games, conveniently doubling up against the Penguins in more ways than one.

Bryzgalov was hardly sharp, though you don't expect him to be at his best against the likes of Crosby, Malkin and James Neil. Marc-Andre Fleury seemed to stay at home, letting soft goals in with alarming regularity, finally getting the hook for the veteran backup, Brent Johnson.

Pittsburgh's playoff hopes hang by a thread and Philly looks to seal the sweep, thus eliminating one of the previous four finalists (Vancouver seem to be on course to emulate them as well, see below) The Penguins need a more assertive defensive presence, before letting loose and scoring goals, to win games.

Tempers will flare in the next game, as this one had quite a few PIMs issued to both sides as well.

Prediction : I'm about to get reversed in round 1. Way to choke, Pittsburgh!

NJD 2-4 FLA

Stephen Weiss scored twice on the powerplay, to help the Panthers tie the series at 1-1, triggering a shower of plastic rats from the Florida faithful (hell, it beats squid). Most of the posession was Floridian in the early going, though the Devils fought back to 3-2 within the first three minutes of the 3rd period, but in a low scoring affair, they couldn't quite tie the game.

Ilya Kovalchuk needs to score more in this series, if he's to help the Devils advance, as the Panthers might just have enough confidence now.

Prediction : New Jersey needs to win 3 straight for me. I don't mind if they don't, to be honest.

VAN 0-1 LAK

Iron Maiden said it best - Be Quick, or be Dead. Dustin Brown finally found the back of the net, on his 6th shot of the game, to give the Kings a 1-0 win, as Jonathan Quick turned away 41 shots, for his first shutout of the postseason and his career-best 3rd playoff win. That the Canucks turned to their backup goalie, Cory Schneider can only bode poorly for Vancouver, as the reigning Western Conference champions stare down the barrel of a 4-0 whitewash.

Los Angeles are up for this series and they have played the better hockey throughout. Deserving of a 3-0 lead, they should be able to finish the sweep now, as letting a beleagured Canucks offence back into the series could prove to be a big mistake and they need to nix the series, to catch their breath as soon as possible.

Prediction : Yeah, I said Canucks in 5. I think I'll be 0 points from 2 here

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 09:19 AM Reply

I can't believe how dirty the Penguins have been playing. It started with their 2nd to last regular season game against the Flyers when their one guy injured TWO Flyers in that game. He hurt our new, and probably best, defenseman, Grossman, by going after his leg with a leg on leg hit. Then he put a huge check on the little Danny Briere and he didn't even attempt to play the puck. Both Grossman and Brierer missed a couple games after that, and Danny B is gold in the playoffs, and he has been so far. The Penguins obviously know they can't win unless they take out our best players with dirty hits. It's shameful.

In yesterday's game Neal threw a super dirty hit on our 19 year old Rookie. Neal left his feet and jumped into him when he was away from the puck, wasn't facing Neal, was defenseless, etc. If he isn't suspended I'm going to be pissed. Then Asham cross checked Schenn in the throat after Schenn put a clean check on a Penguin. Crosby grabbed Hartnell from behind and dragged him away from a scrum with a horse collar type of grab, and then a 2nd Penguin, Adams, came over to double team Hartnell, who wasn't even fighting. Adams should be suspended for instigating a fight with left than 5 minutes left in the game, and Crosby should be suspended too for the way he dragged off Hartnell and then joined in on the double team.

It was the most disgraceful display I've seen in some time. If the series was close it would be one thing, but the Penguins are down 3-0, so they are just trying to hurt as many Flyers as they can at this point because they are sore losers. Crosby is a cry baby, yet the league loves him and protects him.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 4/16/12 08:21 AM, TheKlown wrote: Also, getting sick of people keep talking about The Flyers from the 70's saying that they used to play like how The Penguins are playing now to win their games. So did many other teams, they made more rules for a reason because they found out how serious concussions are. People always bring up the past when they want to bash Philly. They do the same thing about the Philadelphia Eagles Santa Claus incident which happened in the 60's!

Not much changed in 40 years for the Flyers. But ever since Chris Pronger has been injured, their playstyle DID get a loot smoother and they let down their brutality a lot. But that's only thanks to amazing players like Briere and Giroux, and the loss of Pronger.

At 4/16/12 09:19 AM, WadeFulp wrote: I can't believe how dirty the Penguins have been playing.

Know what's funny? Matt Cooke wasn't even involved...

NuclearInfected
NuclearInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Audiophile
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 4/16/12 01:18 AM, Hemlok wrote: How'd the Canucks win the Presidents' Trophy?

They really didn't deserve it. 111 points isn't that much for a Presidents' Trophy Winner. If you look back to the 09-10 season the Capitals won it with 121. And both teams are a good example of how the PT isn't a guarantee for playoff success. Since the Presidents' Trophy was first awarded in 1986, its teams have only won the Stanley Cup 7 out of 25 times (this season being the 26th), with 5 first round losses, and Vancouver close to being the 6th. Seems to me some teams are only built for regular season success. They don't realize how much different the playoffs can be, with having to face one team as opposed to several over a 1 or 2 week period, and the much more demanding overtime.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 01:47 PM Reply

My picks are bolded.

Vancouver Vs Los Angelas
San Jose Vs St. Louis
Chicago Vs Phoenix
Detroit Vs Nashille
Ottawa Vs New York
Washington
Vs Boston
New Jersey Vs Florida
Philadelphia Vs Pittsburgh

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 02:29 PM Reply

At 4/16/12 08:04 AM, TheKlown wrote: Taking cheapshots at our Rookies who could end up being the reason we win the Stanley cup if these dicks don't injure our players.

Look, I love to see a Philadelphia team succeed as much as the next Philadelphian, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that we are a Stanley Cup-caliber team at this point.

As soon as we go up against a defense-oriented team, we're going to be in trouble - look at what the Rangers did to us all year.

I don't know hockey, and I only pay somewhat attention to the regular season, but I know enough to know that we are a long LONG shot for the cup.

That being said, Go Flyers!

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 12:06 AM Reply

I've officially given up on Vancouver. Even though I believe that they should've won the Cup last year, the way that they are embarrassing themselves by getting whipped by the L.A Kings, THE KINGS of all teams, now I know why they didn't win last year, and they'll won't have a chance in hell either now or in the future.

Granted, when Daniel Sedin went down, I kind of expected them to struggle somewhat, maybe try to rally around Hendrik, Kesler and Luongo and at least get to the Conference Finals, but I was sorely mistaken. They are the Western equivalent of the Washington Capitals of a few years ago, conquer the regular season only to get bitch slapped out of the playoffs soon after. That's what they get for trying to play cute in a game where you have to be tough, never mind trying to burn down your city after losing the Stanley Cup, once in '94 and again last year.

Now I'm just hoping that Philly puts the final nail on the coffin of the Penguins, those bitches deserve to be swept for their unprofessional attacks in Game 3. As a Bengals and Reds fan, I have a pretty healthy hatred of Pittsburgh sports teams, {even though I really do pity the Pirates for being so horrible the last 20 years or so.} so to see them fall apart and get swept will bring joy to my heart.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 01:00 AM Reply

At 4/16/12 08:21 AM, TheKlown wrote: Also, getting sick of people keep talking about The Flyers from the 70's saying that they used to play like how The Penguins are playing now to win their games.

The Soviets didn't want to play those guys.

They're really that bad.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 02:06 AM Reply

Sharks PK is fucking terrible. God dammit.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 02:14 AM Reply

Am I ever gonna have faith in the Canucks again?
Probably not.
Did I have faith in them this year to begin with?
No.

[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 11:07 AM Reply

Although I was going for the Canucks to at least pass the first round, let's now hope they never make the playoffs again and spare many Vancouverites the awful humanity of having to watch them choke every year.

BBS Signature
DancingTomato
DancingTomato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 12:24 PM Reply

I am from Los Angeles. I've been following the Kings for awhile and I am glad to see them leading the series 3-0. We will see what happens tomorrow. As King's coach Darryl Sutter said, "You don't get nothing for three."

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

Haha! Florida beats NJ again.

Seriously, I wonder how mad Brodeur is, losing to Jose Theodore...

Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 17th, 2012 @ 11:46 PM Reply

Well, Pekka Rinne is seemingly invincible.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 01:51 AM Reply

At 4/17/12 09:59 PM, Gambit wrote: Haha! Florida beats NJ again.

Seriously, I wonder how mad Brodeur is, losing to Jose Theodore...

Well, he didn't :P He lost to Scott Clemmensen.

At 4/17/12 11:07 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Although I was going for the Canucks to at least pass the first round, let's now hope they never make the playoffs again and spare many Vancouverites the awful humanity of having to watch them choke every year.

Well, they should have won the cup last year and they made it to the series every year for quite a while now. You can't say they suck, and even though they haven't had much luck through the latest years.

Also, it's not like they are a team that doesn't make it to the playoffs year after year. They are a pretty constant team, and even if they don't make it far in the playoffs, you can't say they sucks.

For my initial predictions...

At first I predicted that the Canucks would win in 6, it sure doesn't look like they are going to do it though. They can still win in 7, but I doubt they will :P

I predicted the Blues would win in 5 against the Sharks, which they can still accomplish. They are leading 2 to 1 right now, so if they don't lose any other match, they can still get it in 5 :)

I said the Black Hawks would win in 6, which they can still accomplish, yet... I wish the Coyotes the best of luck !

I said the Red Wings would win in 7. They still can, although I really don't know if I want to see them beat the Predators. I love the Red Wings, they are my second favorite team in the league, but the Predators are an amazing team with such great potential, I can't do anything else than wish them the best luck. Well... they don't really need my luck wishes, they seem to be doing rather well right now.

I predicted the Rangers would beat the Senators in 6, and they will !!!

I said the Capitals would win in 7, and I sure hope they will. Well, not necessarily in 7, but still :P

My predictions for the Florida and New Jersey match up was that the Deviles would win in 6. They can still win in 6, but the Panthers have the upper hand right now, and I still wish I will be wrong. I want the Panthers to win.

And finaly, I said the Penguins would win in 6... Damn was I wrong! I still hope they win though. I dislike the Flyers a lot.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 08:56 AM Reply

At 4/17/12 11:07 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Although I was going for the Canucks to at least pass the first round, let's now hope they never make the playoffs again and spare many Vancouverites the awful humanity of having to watch them choke every year.
Well, they should have won the cup last year and they made it to the series every year for quite a while now. You can't say they suck, and even though they haven't had much luck through the latest years.

Also, it's not like they are a team that doesn't make it to the playoffs year after year. They are a pretty constant team, and even if they don't make it far in the playoffs, you can't say they sucks.

....trying to look for the post where I said they suck....but still, we all know they can't handle the pressures of playoffs and I doubt they ever will be successful in doing so.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 09:18 PM Reply

I believe in you Pens! Take it to game 7!

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 11:56 PM Reply

10 goals, yup.

Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 4/18/12 11:56 PM, Gambit wrote: 10 goals, yup.

Well shit.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 03:34 AM Reply

At 4/19/12 12:05 AM, Timmy wrote:
Well shit.

After 1 million seconds in MS Paint

2012 NHL Playoffs!

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 11:51 AM Reply

Dammit, I'm running so far behind in this, I need to make a day or two up, with little to no time available. Shouldn't be playing so much Assassin's Creed...

Tuesday

STL 4-3 SJS

So the Blues did enough to put the Sharks away in that game... just. Working their way through a rather tired looking Sharks team, the Blues put up a 4-1 lead and looked to be coasting. They took their foot off the gas a little towards the end, which could be costly, as the momentum is with San Jose, as we head into game 4 tonight.

Brian Elliott stood tall (excepting the last three minutes of the game), as he more than kept the Blues in it, showing why they've been a force in the Central Division all year and probably why they should have the President's Trophy sitting in their trophy cabinet, ratehr than in Vancouver. St Louis have gone up a gear into these playoffs, Vancouver haven't... yet.

TJ Oshie continues to shine, doing the little things right, as does Patrice Berglund (3 goals) and Andy MacDonald (6 points) for the series so far. Elliott is good enough to step up while Halak recovers, though no specifics on the injury have been released.

Prediction : San Jose need to win tonight, or it's over in 5

NYR 1-0 OTT

King Henrik overrules the Senate

The New York Rangers Goalie admittedly got some help from his defence in certain plays (and a little more help from the Ottawa defence on others), but at the end of the day, a shutout is a shutout and Henrik Lundqvist has helped the Rangers to a 2-1 lead in the series and a split of the two games in Ottawa (at worst).

Craig Anderson (22 Saves) ran him all the way though, stopping a barrage of Rangers shots, though letting the one crucial shot past him, as Lundqvist turned aside 39 Senators shots. Those two guys are keeping this a low scoring series, where Brian Boyle (3 goals) leads the series in goals and points, with his solitary three. He had goals in three straight, after this performance and both of the Rangers game winners. JINX!

This is one hell of a series.

Prediction : Rangers in 5, they need to win 2 more on the bounce. I know it's gone now, but...

BOS 4-3 WSH

Well, one thing's for certain, Nicklas Backstrom will be missed by the Capitals in Game 4, as game 3 goes end to end, including a pretty goal by Borrks Laich (Ovechkin's was probably something to do with the defenceman's stick) a lot of deflected pucks and scrambling for the puck at both ends.

I'd like to think that games 1 and 2 have been the benchmark for this series, low scoring, close games. Game 3 was close, but not exactly low scoring. If there's a glut of goals in one game, it won't be pretty, simple.

Prediction : Well Boston has their 2, Washington need ugly goals, fast.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 4/19/12 12:05 AM, Timmy wrote:
Well shit.

Watched the whole thing. Great team :)

NuclearInfected
NuclearInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Audiophile
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM Reply

Damn, another overtime game in the Blackhawks series. They have to win it because it would be a disaster for the NHL if this fanless shit stain Coyotes team actually won a playoff series. I'm going to uncork a bottle of champagne when they relocate (shouldn't be much longer).

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 11:45 PM Reply

At 4/19/12 10:43 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: Damn, another overtime game in the Blackhawks series. They have to win it because it would be a disaster for the NHL if this fanless shit stain Coyotes team actually won a playoff series. I'm going to uncork a bottle of champagne when they relocate (shouldn't be much longer).

Then you're not going to like this then, the Coyotes won in OT 3-2, taking a 3 games to 1 lead going back to Phoenix. I really don't think that the Coyotes winning this series would be considered a disaster by NHL standards, compared to a lot of negative media that it's gotten due to all of the fighting.

I will agree that the Coyotes will be relocated soon, hopefully to Kansas City. Seriously, Canada has enough NHL teams already with 7, do they really need another one?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature