New Topic Respond to this Topic
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 4/8/12 12:34 PM, Coop wrote: Well, Malkin seems to be getting better each year, so it's not always the case.

Yeah, he's definitely on a class of his own. Getting to be the star while Crosby was injured sure helped a lot :P

You do realise that you're currently up for the 3rd pick? Columbus and Edmonton fall before you, but that will all get sorted on the 10th of April. Of course, you could lose out on the draft lottery, so you might not get the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick, thus leaving you to look a little further down the board. The lowest you can draft is 4th, but the highest is 1st. Gives your scouts something to work with.

Yeah, I didn't really check down the conference lists to see who was getting the first draft picks. I'm just being optimistic haha. Next year can't be worse than what we lived this year for the habs.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

Eastern Conference 1st round.

1. New York Rangers vs. 8. Ottawa Senators: I've got the Rangers in 6 games. Ottawa has some good players, but Lundqvist is simply too strong at goalie.

2. Boston Bruins vs. 7. Washington Capitals: Going with the Bruins in 5 games. If Ovechkin shows up to play, then there is a chance that this series could go longer, but I highly doubt that.

3. Florida Panthers vs. 6. New Jersey Devils: Devils in an upset {if you can call it that.} and in 6 games. Panthers are too inexperienced in the playoffs, and Brodeour is still the goalie for the Devils, which is not good for Florida.

4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5. Philadelphia Flyers: Regrettably, I'm going with the Pens in 7 games. Hopefully, this might be some reverse psychology at work here, but if Bryzgalov is spacing out like he does from time to time, this will get ugly.

Western Conference 1st Round.

1. Vancouver Canucks vs. 8. Los Angeles Kings: As good as the Kings defense is throughout the season, Vancouver is on a mission to win the Stanley Cup that they should've won last year. Canucks in 5 games.

2. St. Louis Blues vs. 7. San Jose Sharks: Even with the Blues' youth in most positions, I can't see these guys struggle too much against what's left of the Sharks. Blues in a sweep {4 games.}

3. Phoenix Coyotes vs. 6. Chicago Blackhawks: Hawks in 7 games. I just don't have much trust in the Coyotes at all getting past the first round, probably because they won the Pacific Division, which was shite to put it nicely.

4. Nashville Predators vs. 5. Detroit Red Wings: Got to go with the Wings in 6. Even with a big acquisition that Nashville had a few weeks ago, you just don't bet against the Red Wings here, not with what they have.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 03:27 AM Reply

Pittsburgh - Philly tomorrow at 19:00 Eastern.

Can't wait! I really hope the Pens give the Flyers a whooping. Looking at last week's game, I'm pretty confident things will go smoothly for Crosby and pals ;)

ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 08:36 AM Reply

Can't wait to see another Nucks chokejob

Forever no cups

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 4/10/12 08:36 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Can't wait to see another Nucks chokejob

Forever no cups

Even though Luongo is from Montreal, and I should be proud of him... I hope they at least reach semi-finals this year, and he chokes again! 7ungo for lyfe.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 09:18 PM Reply

>dem Can(s)ucks.

[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 03:33 PM Reply

Damn you lottery! Montreal has 3rd pick. Edmonton 1rst and Columbus 2nd.

Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 4/10/12 03:27 AM, Gambit wrote: Pittsburgh - Philly tomorrow at 19:00 Eastern.

Can't wait! I really hope the Pens give the Flyers a whooping. Looking at last week's game, I'm pretty confident things will go smoothly for Crosby and pals ;)

Mark my words, Canadian, I won't hesitate to ban you during the game for supporting the Pens over Philadelphia.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 4/11/12 03:42 PM, Timmy wrote: Mark my words, Canadian, I won't hesitate to ban you during the game for supporting the Pens over Philadelphia.

Yeah? Well I'll go make my own BBS, with black jack and hookers!

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 07:53 PM Reply

And Crosby already scored.

And now Tyler Kennedy scored.

2-0 Pens. Woop woop.

Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 08:04 PM Reply

Penguins are all over the Flyers. Honestly, as expected.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature
Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 08:21 PM Reply

Preds up 1-0 with a lulzy goal.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

GRRR, 3-3.

Well, this game is interesting after all

Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:54 PM Reply

haha Pens shitting the bed!

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:55 PM Reply

As long as the penguins and rangers lose I'll be happy. Oh and Caps for the win.

And Montreal sucks, so glad they didn't even place the shit biscuits.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 4/11/12 09:53 PM, Gambit wrote: Well, this game is interesting after all

I told you not to count out the Flyers just yet. Assuming Bryzgalov doesn't space out in overtime and allow a cheap goal, then we might be looking at a pretty long series, if not a 1st round upset.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 4/11/12 10:11 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 4/11/12 09:53 PM, Gambit wrote:
I told you not to count out the Flyers just yet. Assuming Bryzgalov doesn't space out in overtime and allow a cheap goal, then we might be looking at a pretty long series, if not a 1st round upset.

And Philly draws first blood, coming back to win 4-3 in overtime after a 3 goal deficit in regulation. I know that winning Game 1 doesn't win you the series, but I guess the Pens won't be overlooking them anymore, either.

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

I actually don't care about Hockey, and am just supporting my team because they are representing Philadelphia in a positive light, but WOOOOOO FLYERS.

ahem.

Suck on that, FBIPolux.

BBS Signature
Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 10:37 PM Reply

lol Penguins.

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 01:29 AM Reply

At 4/11/12 10:37 PM, Hemlok wrote: lol Penguins.

It's funny because this is the guy beating them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjzKJBUOoGc

BBS Signature
killaforreala
killaforreala
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 01:34 AM Reply

Woot go Kings,
just beat the Canucks 4-2 in Vancouver

On no a bear!

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 01:38 AM Reply

Flyers and Penguins hate each other. Anyone see their huge fight in the second to last game of the season? The coaches even got into it.

That's what I like best about hockey. One time I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 02:36 AM Reply

At 4/11/12 10:30 PM, Timmy wrote: I actually don't care about Hockey, and am just supporting my team because they are representing Philadelphia in a positive light, but WOOOOOO FLYERS.

ahem.

Suck on that, FBIPolux.

Last time I was in Philly some guy in dowtown was beating up some girl on the sidewalk.

There! Philly in the dirt again!

Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 02:57 AM Reply

At 4/12/12 02:36 AM, Gambit wrote: Last time I was in Philly some guy in dowtown was beating up some girl on the sidewalk.

There! Philly in the dirt again!

In downtown Center City there is a massive police presence. You were either off the main streets, probably buying drugs, or you're just pulling shenanigans.

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 03:49 AM Reply

I knew we were gonna lose our first game of the Playoffs.
I'll get the riot gear.

[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 04:32 AM Reply

So here are my predictions and expectations.

Western Conference :

Canucks vs Kings. I predict (if Luongo doesn't choke) that the Canucks will win in 6. I also hope they do. The Canucks have been so unlucky throughout the few last years when it comes to playoffs and there is absolutely no way the Bruins should have won the Cup. Hell! They didn't even deserve to beat the Canadiens in the first round, let alone win the fuckin' Cup!

Blues vs Sharks. I predict The Blues will win in 5 (I was going to say 6, but that's always what we say when we don't want to take risks. I stick to 5). I want The Blues to win because they haven't been in such a good position for a quite a few years now, and I really like Halak. Being a Montreal Canadiens fan who really never accepted the trade, I have to support the Blues. Great goalies this year in St-Louis two, and the goalies always have a good part to play in victories, especially when it comes to the playoffs!

Black Hawks vs Coyotes. I predict the Black Hawks will win in 6. The Black Hawks still have a great team with unbelievable offensive players, there really isn't anything that should prevent such a strong team to beat the Coyotes. I don't really mind which team wins though.

Red Wings vs Predators. I predict the Red Wings will win in 7. These two teams are amongs my favorites. Detroit is my second favorite after Montreal, and Nashville comes closely behind. I think Nashville, even though they made it to the playoffs two years in a row, are amongs the underdogs of the NHL. I still think the Red Wings will beat them. But I said in seven, so maybe Nashville will win.

Eastern Conference :

Rangers vs Senators. Both team are rather good, but I doubt the Senators can do much against the Rangers. Lundqvist might be the reason why I think the Rangers will get the upper hand in this one. I say Rangers in 6. I do not really care who wins.

Capitals vs Bruins. I predict the Capitals will win this one in 7. Both teams are solid, but the Capitals have a greater offense. This might be more of an hope than an actual prediction. I really don't want the Bruins to win this, and I just hope the Capitals will be able to pull this off and beat this team I deeply hate, not just because I'm a Montreal Canadiens fan, but because I hate the unsportmanship of this team, their lucky garage-league goalie and Lucic and Chara are amongs the vicious bastards in the league. I want the Caps to win this.

Devils vs Panthers. Sadly, I will have to go with the Devils here, in let's say... 6 games. I dislike the Devils style of playing. They are one of the most boring teams in the league and yet, they still make it to the playoffs because their boring playing style pays-off. Brodeur also is a solid goaltender. So yeah... the Devils will win, even if I don't want them to.

Penguis vs Flyers. Penguins in 6 (or maybe 7). And this is both a prediction and a hope. Well, my hope would be to see the Penguins crush the Flyers in 4, but still. If the Bruins are not the most vicious and cheap team in the league, than the Flyers are. These goons do not deserve to win, even though they have solid players.

Finals ???

It's a little early to guess, but I'm going to say that St-Louis and New York might meet each other in the finals, and hopefully the Blues will win this :)

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 06:20 AM Reply

At 4/12/12 03:49 AM, Sevkat wrote: I knew we were gonna lose our first game of the Playoffs.
I'll get the riot gear.

It won't be as bad as going to Game 6, losing, going to game 7 and losing again, will it?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 08:55 AM Reply

Right, I've sat down over lunch and looked at the footage, to see what I think of three game 1s:

Luck plays a great part in anyone's quest for 16 wins. Philly had their fair share of it, being 3-0 down and Danny Briere being about 6" offside, to score the Flyer's first goal. It wasn't spotted, you can't do anything about it now and the game went the other way.

Marc-Andre Fleury and Sidney Crosby kept Pittsburgh in control of that game until then, with some stunning saves and some great performance. Pittsburgh may have a new Art Ross winner in Malkin, but the playoffs is Sid's realm. Briere, Jagr and Hartnell look dangerous and the fruits of the trading by Paul Holmgren will be shown over the next few days.

Prediction 1 blown away on the scoreline. PIT can still win this

The Red Wings used up one of their playoff lives in this fast paced encounter. Can I have underestimated the power of that horrible mustard strip? Possibly. One question that arises is how did Suter's first goal go in? The shot seemed to nothing and it caught me by surprised, having to watch the replays to see what on earth happened. Jimmy Howard seemed the same over it.

The goalies scrambled and gave us some spectacular, if unorthadox saves, keeping it close - I really can't tell if my points are safe here...

Prediction still alive, but DET needs to improve

What can we say? LA have been in playoff mode for a while now, beating out Dallas and Colorado to the 8th position in the table. The addition of Jeff Carter has helped them in more ways than one. This is not to say that LA are going to walk this, as I feel they may tire. The Canucks defence held firm and helped Luongo out with a great block on an otherwise empty net from Anze Kopitar. Both goalies did a lot of work to keep their teams in this game and the series looks to be more exciting than a Canucks - Avs matchup *cough*4-0 Canucks*cough*

Good goaltending by Jonathan Quick, to keep the Canucks at bay in the early 2nd period meant that LA still had a chance. It was a little scrappy, but he came through with no more pucks sliding by, much to the chagrin of the blue and green clad skaters. Sometimes, setting a good defensive plateau can bring the best out of the forwards.

The nifty footwork by Jeff Carter set up the game winner nicely and Luongo had no answer, coming across to cover, as Carter side-foots a Mike Richards pass to Dustin Penner and two ex-Philly forwards set up their new teammate to win game 1.

Prediction - I need VAN to win 4 in a row. Doubtful

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 11:27 PM Reply

I'm mad, all the teams I'm rooting for are losing. St-Louis lost in second OT, and Washington lost 1-0 to the damned Bruins in OT. Also Ottawa lost :(

Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 11:36 PM Reply

Sharks win in double OT! Havlat is a beautiful, beautiful man. And Nemo absolutely saved our bacon in the first OT.

GO SHARKS GO!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature