New Topic Respond to this Topic
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 10:14 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: People can blame the score on the referees, but a hit from behind where an injury and blood occur is covered in the rules, and it's ruling was enforced.

That's not enforcing the rules, that's just an automatic penalty, with no discussion required.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 10:21 PM Reply

Games over, Kings win their first Stanley Cup in game 6! Devils are no Flyers, Flyers are legendary and made epic comeback. Flyers are the best and it probably shows what a huge mistake it was for Flyers to get rid of Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, and Simon Gagne. ;(

Congratulations Kings fans

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 10:47 PM Reply

6-1 Kings. Yeah it's over.

Nice to see LA win a championship in something other than basketball. Now they just have to wait for a NFL team to land there to get one for football.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 10:48 PM Reply

Devils went out like bitches. I know the calls were bad tonight at the beginning of the game but I don't think Devils should blame that loss only on that. I believe if they really wanted that Cup that they could have found a way to win. Kings are just a better team.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 10:21 PM, TheKlown wrote: Games over, Kings win their first Stanley Cup in game 6! Devils are no Flyers, Flyers are legendary and made epic comeback. Flyers are the best and it probably shows what a huge mistake it was for Flyers to get rid of Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, and Simon Gagne. ;(

Congratulations Kings fans

And that's why the Flyers haven't won since disco was in it's infancy. It sucks that the Devils couldn't pull it off but at least they didn't get swept and pull out two games, giving their fans false hope.

Guess the Kings became motivated.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 10:47 PM, reverend wrote: 6-1 Kings. Yeah it's over.

Nice to see LA win a championship in something other than basketball. Now they just have to wait for a NFL team to land there to get one for football.

They did, but the people thought they were too good for a football team. Oakland even lend them the Raiders and it didn't work out despite a Super Bowl title brought to them.

Then again, did anyone even notice the Raiders moving back and forth? I mean seriously.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 10:48 PM, TheKlown wrote: Devils went out like bitches. I know the calls were bad tonight at the beginning of the game but I don't think Devils should blame that loss only on that. I believe if they really wanted that Cup that they could have found a way to win. Kings are just a better team.

Besides that, they blew tons of scoring opportunities in the first two games. Something like this can bite them in the ass which is exactly what happened.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 11:16 PM Reply

Over or under 2.5 cars flipped over and burned.

Also, Quick won the Conn Smythe; no surprise there.

At 6/11/12 11:01 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Then again, did anyone even notice the Raiders moving back and forth? I mean seriously.

Admittedly I forgot about that.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 11:19 PM Reply

Always nice to see a team that has never won a cup get it!

Though, I still hope Vancouver NEVER wins.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 11:21 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 11:16 PM, reverend wrote: Over or under 2.5 cars flipped over and burned.

Also, Quick won the Conn Smythe; no surprise there.

Won't be long until they gift wrap his Vezina as well.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 11:44 PM Reply

Quite an entertaining Finals this year, I really liked watching it.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 11:44 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Quite an entertaining Finals this year, I really liked watching it.

Thought last years and the year before that with Flyers/Blackhawks was much more entertaining. 2 of the games weren't even close because Kings blew Devils 2 out of the 6 games.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 11:47 AM Reply

All right, well see you all next year if they don't go on lockout.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 6/12/12 11:47 AM, Gambit wrote: All right, well see you all next year if they don't go on lockout.

That's just what we need, another league attempting to lock out. Hopefully, the NHL learned from the NFL's and NBA's mistakes and public gaffes, and get a deal done. As for the Kings, who've would've thought before the playoffs that they would win the Cup after barely squeaking in? It does pains me a little to see 3 former Flyers win the cup somewhere else, but this should be a testament on how great goaltending will vastly improve your chances at winning the Stanley Cup, which has been a problem with Philadelphia for a long time.

Well, see you all next year.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 6/11/12 11:44 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Quite an entertaining Finals this year, I really liked watching it.

Definitely. Even if I'm very happy with the Kings victory, I'm also very pleased with the Devils playing. I used to hate this team because of their boring defensive playing, but that was before this year's final. I really liked it, and a tear almost came to my eye when Brodeur and Quick shook hands at the end of the match.

It's also great to see Quick leaving with the Conn Smythe :) Enjoy the victory Kings fans !

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 12th, 2012 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 6/12/12 06:43 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Definitely. Even if I'm very happy with the Kings victory, I'm also very pleased with the Devils playing. I used to hate this team because of their boring defensive playing, but that was before this year's final. I really liked it, and a tear almost came to my eye when Brodeur and Quick shook hands at the end of the match.

It's also great to see Quick leaving with the Conn Smythe :) Enjoy the victory Kings fans !

That's funny because 4 out of the 6 games were defensive battles and the other 2 were the ones where LA KINGS blew out the Devils. The comments people keep making about this finals being a a great finals is a bit insane unless you like defensive finals which I don't. I like high scoring competitive finals.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to 2012 NHL Playoffs! Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 10:26 PM Reply

At 6/12/12 07:00 PM, TheKlown wrote: That's funny because 4 out of the 6 games were defensive battles and the other 2 were the ones where LA KINGS blew out the Devils. The comments people keep making about this finals being a a great finals is a bit insane unless you like defensive finals which I don't. I like high scoring competitive finals.

I didn't say they don't play defensive anymore, but they don't use their traditionnal boring defensive strategy they used to practice like a religion. I don't know how you guys call it in English, but we call it "La trappe". It's a 2-2-1 defensive strategy and it blows !