New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Well this is great Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

I cannot upload or download audio on NG. When downloading, it gets to a certain point and then comes up with an error message. When uploading, the bar just gets to a certain point then it suddenly just stops uploading.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 09:11 PM Reply

At 4/6/12 09:08 PM, The-iMortal wrote: I cannot upload or download audio on NG. When downloading, it gets to a certain point and then comes up with an error message. When uploading, the bar just gets to a certain point then it suddenly just stops uploading.

Have you tried changing your browser?
Checking your internet connection?

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 4/6/12 09:11 PM, Braiton wrote: Have you tried changing your browser?
Checking your internet connection?

Yes and yes. The downloading issue has been going on since last week (I haven't tried to download or upload anything after the redesign until last week). Just today I've been trying to upload a track. I've tried using Firefox and IE. I've downloaded and uploaded heaps of shit in the meantime on other websites. Newgrounds just does not seem to like me.

retrobox2
retrobox2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Well this is great Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

Yeah I am having the same problem since last week too and I already tried all my browser and different files

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 4/6/12 09:24 PM, retrobox2 wrote: Yeah I am having the same problem since last week too and I already tried all my browser and different files

Ah well. What can ya do? Guess I'll just have to wait. I was looking forward to submitting this track though - first submission since Christmas.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 07:50 PM Reply

At 4/6/12 09:08 PM, The-iMortal wrote: I cannot upload or download audio on NG. When downloading, it gets to a certain point and then comes up with an error message. When uploading, the bar just gets to a certain point then it suddenly just stops uploading.

I have the same problem with two specific submissions of mine which I have been trying to put on NG a few times already. Not sure why, it either says "This is not a valid MP3 file", or if it passes, it shows an error message.

I also got the error message for Codename Penyeksaan, but that file is working.

AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 07:52 PM Reply

I use Opera, and I've never gotten that error.

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 07:53 PM Reply

At 4/7/12 07:52 PM, SpaceWhale wrote: I use Opera, and I've never gotten that error.

Is it a Firefox-only problem, you think? D:

AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 08:09 PM Reply

Dude, it does that from time to time. I've had the same thing happen. Two things fix it.

1. Wait.
2. Sometimes the way you change it to mp3 has an effect. If nothing else, try changing it with this site.

http://media.io

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 4/7/12 08:09 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
Dude, it does that from time to time. I've had the same thing happen. Two things fix it.

1. Wait.
2. Sometimes the way you change it to mp3 has an effect. If nothing else, try changing it with this site.

Here's the thing I don't understand âEU" there were times where I exported as .MP3 via FL Studio. These days are over; I export as .WAV, and then I re-export as .MP3 through Audacity. That method had been tried, tested and actually worked for most of my uploads, only just those two. I really don't know what's so incorrupt about those files that they're having a hard time going up.

I'll try that site and see what happens... Thanks for the link, by the way.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 4/7/12 08:09 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:

1. Wait.

Nope, tried converting it and downloaded the converted version and uploaded it to NG; and it STILL gives me the notification that "this is not a valid MP3 file". Newgrounds, please tell me, what is going on!?

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Well this is great Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 4/7/12 07:53 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 4/7/12 07:52 PM, SpaceWhale wrote: I use Opera, and I've never gotten that error.
Is it a Firefox-only problem, you think? D:

No, I don't think so. Pro firefox here. never get any problem.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Well this is great Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 4/7/12 08:25 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Newgrounds, please tell me, what is going on!?

check file name. Weird stuff such as unicode, special chars and other languages give you error. Also if you have addon such as NoScript or BetterPiracy, turn them off.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 05:39 AM Reply

At 4/7/12 09:10 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: check file name. Weird stuff such as unicode, special chars and other languages give you error. Also if you have addon such as NoScript or BetterPiracy, turn them off.

My song title only includes standard letters. Not even spaces. I believe it must be a small glitch in the redesign.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 06:08 AM Reply

At 4/7/12 09:10 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote:
At 4/7/12 08:25 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Newgrounds, please tell me, what is going on!?
check file name. Weird stuff such as unicode, special chars and other languages give you error. Also if you have addon such as NoScript or BetterPiracy, turn them off.

I have neither of those. Also, my characters are in the basic 26 letters plus standard numbers and brackets -- the title is "Reach for the Stars (Sonic Colours, 12)". What could be wrong with that?

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 06:27 AM Reply

At 4/7/12 10:45 PM, LaForge wrote: try praying to your feeble god. read the fucking bible.

Too scared to directly quote anyone, Mr Moderator? You should be pretty ashamed of yourself. ^_-

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 06:29 AM Reply

At 4/7/12 10:45 PM, LaForge wrote: try praying to your feeble god. read the fucking bible.

Too scared to directly quote anyone, Mr Moderator? Too scared to even give a proper reply? You should be pretty ashamed of yourself. ^_- I didn't think a mod would give himself so little respect.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 07:56 AM Reply

I get this problem a lot too. Just try rendering your audio and to name it with no symbols. Try upload then.

If that doesn't work, just try again in a few days. Not really much anyone can do unfortunately. NG really needs to sort out the audio portal...

lol fuk u

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 11:31 AM Reply

At 4/8/12 07:56 AM, HyperTrough wrote: I get this problem a lot too. Just try rendering your audio and to name it with no symbols. Try upload then.

If that doesn't work, just try again in a few days. Not really much anyone can do unfortunately. NG really needs to sort out the audio portal...

I'll be frank, I'm not sure if only the audio portal is hit, or if it is a general redesign issue. If anyone has heard complaints of a similar sort across the other departments, I'll be honest, it'd be nice to hear from them. At least we'll know we're not the only ones left out in the lurch. Given the kind of technical errors we have at this point, it doesn't seem like it's only limited to the audio portal.

I don't know, I'm just working on a hunch. Anyone can provide more information on this? We'll be grateful.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 11:40 AM Reply

At 4/8/12 06:27 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
Too scared to directly quote anyone, Mr Moderator? You should be pretty ashamed of yourself. ^_-

No sense of humor? Or can you not tell when someone is making a joke? Or maybe a little bit of column "A" and a little bit of column "B"?

On Newgrounds, don't take everything seriously.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 12:01 PM Reply

At 4/8/12 11:40 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
No sense of humor? Or can you not tell when someone is making a joke? Or maybe a little bit of column "A" and a little bit of column "B"?

I expected that reply (as I would naturally expect it anywhere else) and I only have this to say:
Say that to any other ethnicity or religion and they'd have you banned for hate speech. Sorry, but that's just my blunt £2. Take it or leave it.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 4/8/12 12:01 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

I expected that reply (as I would naturally expect it anywhere else) and I only have this to say:
Say that to any other ethnicity or religion and they'd have you banned for hate speech. Sorry, but that's just my blunt Ã'£2. Take it or leave it.

What's my ethnicity's or my religion got to do with it? Why would a Asian person such as myself get banned for hate speech? What kind of point are you trying to prove? Maybe you should first learn about how diverse the users on Newgrounds actually are before making any further assumptions...

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 4/8/12 01:49 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 4/8/12 12:01 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:

Say that to any other ethnicity or religion and they'd have you banned for hate speech. Sorry, but that's just my blunt Ãf'Ã'£2. Take it or leave it.
What's my ethnicity's or my religion got to do with it? Why would a Asian person such as myself get banned for hate speech? What kind of point are you trying to prove? Maybe you should first learn about how diverse the users on Newgrounds actually are before making any further assumptions...

I'm Asian myself, thank you very much, and I don't need to make any assumptions whatsoever because I have a good idea of it already. The whole point is, there's a difference between saying something in jest, and saying something with profanity in it and calling it jest. Some people may buy into that humour, and some people just won't. That is evidence enough of how diverse the people of Newgrounds are. I don't need to go into that. I wholeheartedly respect you (and him), but that comment of his was plain disrespectful. I mean, who in his right mind would want to go out there and say "go to your lousy corner and read the [insert censored word here] Torah" in the full awareness that there may be practising Jews around? They would naturally feel hurt by a comment like that.

I'm not asking that you take anything back. I just needed to have it said, and if my bluntness caused misunderstanding, I sincerely apologise. But I believe it was only right that I reacted as I did.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
constromlie
constromlie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

Yeah, I'm having issue(s) with NG Audio myself. I've been using the same program to make music, but suddenly today I'm getting a message that "This does not appear to be a valid mp3 file." Hey, if anyone in charge is reading this, please diagnose and fix the problem. Thank you =]

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 02:14 PM Reply

At 4/8/12 01:56 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I mean, who in his right mind would want to go out there and say "go to your lousy corner and read the [insert censored word here] Torah" in the full awareness that there may be practising Jews around? They would naturally feel hurt by a comment like that.

My only response to that is, this is the internet. Did you really expect everyone to play nice? Be that as it may, different people have different levels of what they consider humorous.

It was obvious, to me at least, that in this thread, no one else took him seriously. He (LaForge) was simply trolling the OP for asking a question that has been asked a many times before on this forum. (Some trolling usually always happens on these sort of threads whenever they reappear).

I'm not asking that you take anything back. I just needed to have it said, and if my bluntness caused misunderstanding, I sincerely apologise. But I believe it was only right that I reacted as I did.

No problem! Sometimes it hard for us to reign in knee-jerk responses. Just remember that some questions posted onto this forum will invariably produce trolling, even occasionally from some of the mods, because they have reached almost meme status.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

At 4/8/12 02:14 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 4/8/12 01:56 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I mean, who in his right mind would want to go out there and say "go to your lousy corner and read the [insert censored word here] Torah" in the full awareness that there may be practising Jews around? They would naturally feel hurt by a comment like that.
My only response to that is, this is the internet. Did you really expect everyone to play nice? Be that as it may, different people have different levels of what they consider humorous.

It was obvious, to me at least, that in this thread, no one else took him seriously. He (LaForge) was simply trolling the OP for asking a question that has been asked a many times before on this forum. (Some trolling usually always happens on these sort of threads whenever they reappear).

It's the internet, but don't we have rules? I mean, yeah, it's the internet. I've had many a troll comment thrown my way. The usual response would be to take it with a smile, say 'Thanks for the review, bud!' and let him go his merry way. But it astounds me when there's a set of guidelines to follow, and those guidelines aren't adhered to, and the stock response that I get is that "this is the internet". Really? We're here to do something about it, we might as well. Just my thoughts -- again, whatever the decision, I respect it.

No problem! Sometimes it hard for us to reign in knee-jerk responses. Just remember that some questions posted onto this forum will invariably produce trolling, even occasionally from some of the mods, because they have reached almost meme status.

Gotcha! : )

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Well this is great Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 4/8/12 02:04 PM, constromlie wrote:
Yeah, I'm having issue(s) with NG Audio myself. I've been using the same program to make music, but suddenly today I'm getting a message that "This does not appear to be a valid mp3 file." Hey, if anyone in charge is reading this, please diagnose and fix the problem. Thank you =]

That thing seems pretty widespread. Also, another thing I want to note is that you had the classic list of uploads + number of favourites + number of reviews page that was carried onto the redesign (like someone pointed out two months ago). But today, I went to look for that page, and it says that page is shut down for maintenance. Please, can someone tell us what's going on with that page? What is to become of it?

For the part of the uploaders, I trust all of us will be glad to know that a piece of ours got a new review, and we can't really do that now.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature