Be a Supporter!
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Manga Club 2012-04-06 20:13:59 Reply

This is a group for Manga lovers like myself, anyone who likes manga can join.
You can also discuss Manga, link to manga , overall just have a fun time with fellow manga lovers.

original I am.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-06 20:55:59 Reply

At 4/6/12 08:13 PM, mandog wrote: This is a group for Manga lovers like myself, anyone who likes manga can join.
You can also discuss Manga, link to manga , overall just have a fun time with fellow manga lovers.

I'm interested, but only if it turns out that there's a big enough following here to warrant a second thread. This overlaps quite heavily with the anime club, and I'm not sure that this is gonna be a big enough thread to require separation from that.

That said, I'd love to join. I recently finished reading Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and am currently reading Slam Dunk (about 5 volumes in or so I think)

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-06 21:11:46 Reply

At 4/6/12 08:55 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 4/6/12 08:13 PM, mandog wrote: This is a group for Manga lovers like myself, anyone who likes manga can join.
I'm interested, but only if it turns out that there's a big enough following here to warrant a second thread. This overlaps quite heavily with the anime club, and I'm not sure that this is gonna be a big enough thread to require separation from that.

That said, I'd love to join. I recently finished reading Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and am currently reading Slam Dunk (about 5 volumes in or so I think)

This is just a club for fun, I don't really mind that there are clubs bigger.
And could you give me a link to one of those? I am currently looking for a new manga , I just finished Ranama 1/2.

original I am.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-06 21:14:39 Reply

At 4/6/12 09:11 PM, mandog wrote:

You can join aswell.

original I am.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-07 07:59:09 Reply

At 4/6/12 09:11 PM, mandog wrote:

This is just a club for fun, I don't really mind that there are clubs bigger.
And could you give me a link to one of those? I am currently looking for a new manga , I just finished Ranama 1/2.

Well sure, here's Nausicaa:

http://www.mangareader.net/nausicaa-of-the-valley-of-the-win d/1

As a note though, I don't use mangareader or mangafox or whatever, cos I read on my phone on my commute to work. So I can't say whether the link I just gave you is actually a good translation or whatever. But since mine was an official translation (I think) I imagine this one is decent too.

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-07 10:23:41 Reply

I'd like to join as well.

Favorites: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (all parts), Dragonball, Getter Robo, Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba

Currently reading: Steel Ball Run (Jojo), Homunculus, Kurogane no Linebarrels, Ichigo 100% (the last one's fully translated)

Onett
Onett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-07 11:40:27 Reply

I remember there being several attempts at making a Manga club in the past, but it looks like a mod is okay with this one, so it's all good I guess.

I'll join.

I'll just list my top 5 from MAL:

Maison Ikkoku
Banana Fish
Sanctuary
Seizon Life
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Sorta gives an idea of what I go for. Up for almost anything, but frankly I tend to just stick to older drama/shoujo or Seinen. I'm still new to reading manga on a semi-daily basis(Was always more of an anime fan). So if there's something you think I really, really need to read, then let me know.

Hope this club goes somewhere and doesn't just end up a VN circle jerk.

BBS Signature
envyitall
envyitall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-08 02:06:06 Reply

Naruto Manga. I like.

Don't be scared of me!

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-09 09:08:20 Reply

Sweet, people.

So anyway i'm still reading Slam Dunk, but when this is finished I'll have run out of manga to read, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to all suggestions, although I'd rather something with an overarching plot over comedy like yotsuba or 4koma. I've enjoyed monster, lucifer + biscuit hammer, welcome to the nhk, great teacher onizuka

Here's my myanimelist manga list:
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/bananabm

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-09 09:54:26 Reply

At 4/7/12 11:40 AM, Onett wrote: Sorta gives an idea of what I go for. Up for almost anything, but frankly I tend to just stick to older drama/shoujo or Seinen. I'm still new to reading manga on a semi-daily basis(Was always more of an anime fan).

Heh, it's the opposite for me. I've always preferred manga over anime.

Hope this club goes somewhere and doesn't just end up a VN circle jerk.

What do you have against VNs?

Also, I'm reading Fist of the North Star as well. I forgot to mention that.

towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-09 10:12:59 Reply

At 4/9/12 09:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: So anyway i'm still reading Slam Dunk, but when this is finished I'll have run out of manga to read, does anyone have any suggestions?

Pugyuru <--- this one's 4koma
Homunculus
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure [I'll never stop recommending it!]
AIKI

Onett
Onett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Movie Buff
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-09 11:17:24 Reply

At 4/9/12 09:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Sweet, people.

So anyway i'm still reading Slam Dunk, but when this is finished I'll have run out of manga to read, does anyone have any suggestions?

Anything else from Inoue, Takehiko, probably. Vagabond is supposed to be awesome, as is REAL.

Banana Fish is great. Also try some Fukumoto manga(Kaiji guy), Seizon Life and Confession are fantastic dramas, as is Legend of the strongest man Kurosawa.

BBS Signature
ThePredatorFox
ThePredatorFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-09 14:14:43 Reply

Oro...hey, this looks like fun, can I join?

Manga interests include:
-Shaman King
-Air Gear
-D.Gray Man
-Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X
-Black Lagoon
-Dark Metro
-Ranma 1/2
-Kyokai no Rinne
-Petshop of Horrors
-Nausicaa
-Inuyasha
-Yu-Gi-Oh! the original series, and the 5Ds manga adaptation
-Chrono Crusade

among many others. I've also liked several shoujo titles, like CLAMPs Wish.
Mainly stuck happily in the Shounen department, tho. ^_^

Oh, on a side note, I prefer reading the actual books over digi-comics.
However, if anyone's interested in titles mentioned above, I believe it should be a small task to
find and get people links, and will happily do so.

Hope to be in.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-09 14:43:23 Reply

My brother and I read manga all the fucking time. At the moment I'm reading Kiseiju (or Parasyte). I'm on chapter 57 and I gotta say, this is a really great manga! Here's the funny bit, though...

You know how the parasites in Resident Evil 4 and 5 look? Well, guess what? They totally stole it from this manga. The tentacles with blades on the ends coming out of human heads? Yeah it's in there. Dogs heads splitting in half revealing a horrendous parasite? Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh... Even the style looks like RE's Las Plagas in certain aspects. So I conclude that Capcom ripped this 90's manga off.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
JBKmaybe
JBKmaybe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-10 10:08:01 Reply

I am currently reading thru some Legend of Zelda manga check it out here
Currently on chapter 2

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-10 10:33:23 Reply

At 4/10/12 10:08 AM, JBKmaybe wrote: I am currently reading thru some Legend of Zelda manga check it out here
Currently on chapter 2

I read all of the Ocarina of Time manga a few years back. It was good read.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
JBKmaybe
JBKmaybe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-10 12:33:40 Reply

At 4/10/12 10:33 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 4/10/12 10:08 AM, JBKmaybe wrote: I am currently reading thru some Legend of Zelda manga check it out here
Currently on chapter 2
I read all of the Ocarina of Time manga a few years back. It was good read.

Hell yeah it's a good read, I read a page a day, addictive.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-10 12:57:28 Reply

Currently on chapter 2

Fuck man, this is pretty awesome!

==I LOVE YOU. EBOLA-CHAN! GOOD LUCK, EBOLA-CHAN! WE'RE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU, EBOLA-CHAN!==

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-10 18:14:17 Reply

Currently on chapter 2

Thanks for posting that. Zelda is one of my favorite game series ever, and I'm looking forward to reading them.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-11 23:11:48 Reply

At 4/10/12 06:14 PM, towelie101 wrote:
Currently on chapter 2
Thanks for posting that. Zelda is one of my favorite game series ever, and I'm looking forward to reading them.

Just remember to take it lightly. I'm pretty sure ZD lists it, but there are some sort of outlandish changes from game to manga. Especially MM, jeez. I mean, wtf? Link doesn't go into a single fucking temple in the manga.

Lately I've been hooked on horror manga and shit. I'm up to date on Btooom! and I Am A Hero and I finished Kiseiju. Now I'm reading Kamisama no Iutoori, which is ok so far (only read a few pages).

I am A Hero is a fucking awesome zombie manga and I'm critical as fuck when it comes to zombies. I hate most zombie related material, because I feel like they don't do a good enough job at bringing the horror through. There are some genuinely disturbing/scary things in I Am A Hero and it's not often that I say that about zombie material.

I just remembered that I read Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) last month as well. That shit was the shit. Definitely recommend that one.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-21 02:42:30 Reply

Funny enough I came across a manga with a similar premise to Btooom!, only this one is from a girl's perspective and is shoujo-like. It's called Cry Eye and I don't like it as much as Btoom!, but it's still cool.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
deragoku
deragoku
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-24 22:34:43 Reply

Currently reading: ball, dwarves, armed MechAssault, a retaining a 100% final full translation.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-27 22:06:56 Reply

So yeah, I just finished Slam Dunk, a really good sports manga, fantastically gripping, amazing how they made some matches stretch for multiple volumes and still kept it gripping.

Anyone got any suggestions for mangas? I'm preferably looking for something more adult themed (I loved monster for example), but i'll take anything.

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-27 22:29:48 Reply

Currently reading Gunslinger Girl, on Vol. 2, not bad at all.

nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-28 23:27:14 Reply

I really like Maburaho it caught my eye when I was 7 or 8 years old.
So my dad bought it with the action figure not knowing inside that manga was naked girls. :3

Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-04-30 16:43:47 Reply

At 4/27/12 10:29 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Currently reading Gunslinger Girl, on Vol. 2, not bad at all.

That's my favourite manga of all time. I have volumes 1 to... Um... 7? I think? I want to get the entire series. I enjoy having an actual book better than reading online.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Manga Club 2012-05-03 18:53:46 Reply

Finished slam dunk (excellent manga, glad it remained solidly sports-shonen while also not going too ridiculous in terms of ascent to stardom), started on Fly Daddy fly, a one vol. manga about a salaryman who feels he can't protect his daughter. So far really interesting, a nice different concept.

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Manga Club 2012-05-06 12:15:52 Reply

Just started reading Steam detectives. I kinda like how it's fast paced for each case.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-05-07 06:59:08 Reply

Hey guys, back from my 30 day ban, glad to see this thread is still half alive.
Anyway since I was gone I have been reading some mature manga's from http://maturemangas.com/ , and I am enjoying it.
But still good too see we got some active people.

original I am.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Manga Club 2012-05-07 07:00:50 Reply

At 5/3/12 06:53 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Finished slam dunk (excellent manga, glad it remained solidly sports-shonen while also not going too ridiculous in terms of ascent to stardom), started on Fly Daddy fly, a one vol. manga about a salaryman who feels he can't protect his daughter. So far really interesting, a nice different concept.

Ha, I watched the Anime of that, never knew there was a manga , great thanks Banana.

original I am.

BBS Signature