New Topic Respond to this Topic
PhilDenger
PhilDenger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Audio Problem 2012-04-04 15:33:12 Reply

Does anyone saw, since the redising, all the music published, if you download it they are NOT copyrighted (like, they don't have the author's names or the album, in this case Newgrounds Audio Portal), and if this continues anyone can copy the song one of the musicans from newgrounds and then demand at the real author, because the downloaded file is like a normal file without copyright.

So, becareful musicans....

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Audio Problem 2012-04-04 15:38:25 Reply

Those are ID3 tags. Those don't signify any copyright, they just provide info of the track like the album it's in, its title, its year, etc...

I don't see what the problem is in removing them. People were always still able to edit the ID3 tags themselves by right clicking on the file and clicking 'Properties'. Now they're just not there any more, but the Creative Commons license still stands.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
retrobox2
retrobox2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Audio Problem 2012-04-05 11:37:27 Reply

At least in my case I have downloaded songs since the redesign and it says the author, name of the song and other information that the author filled.