New Topic Respond to this Topic
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 03:28 PM, 4761 wrote: And punishing her is going to somehow, magically do something now?

Not really. But here's the thing, when you do things like this, you get punished. She ruined somebodies life by falsely accusing them of rape.

I never said that I didn't care about his life being ruined. So I really don't understand the point you are making.

You're equating what happened to him as equal to her? By not punishing this girl, it's basically a too bad for him scenario.

She didn't develop much emotionally, having a shitty drug-addicted teenage life still put her brain at an even show with her 11 year old self.

Oh, she didn't develop. That makes it all ok. She was addicted to drugs, so she shouldn't face repercussions. What message does this story send? It's ok to falsely imprison somebody for rape if you eventually come clean, with no negative consequences for you?

What? Since when was regretting her decision and seeing the flaws of her past "making up"? Of course she didn't make up for anything. I never said she did.

You're making excuses for her.

Of course it's not genetic. But drug habits can be passed on from parent to child. It's actually a proven medical fact that parents who do drugs are more likely to pass their habits onto their children, almost as if it was a religion or traditional belief.

She couldn't have been responsible for them, even though you also say she made the choices, because her dad was a drug addict? I'm sorry, but that's, quite frankly, idiotic to say. She didn't have that influence around her doing those years when she was an addict.

No, not true. She wanted him to "go away" which meant that she didn't want to deal with him anymore because he would continue to be an emotional stressor that she did not need in her life. It's not like she hated him/disliked him.

So basically she didn't like the way he was acting. I have not met one person who at some point wanted their parents to go away.

May I remind you that it was her father's fault that this whole debacle even happened? Should I also remind you that it was his own choices to heavily influence his daughter's choices in the first place? Or maybe the fact that his problems made her problems more permanent and thus made her not confess until she truly felt old? If there is ANYONE who deserved actual severe punishment, it is the dad who brought it on himself in the first place.

It was the father's fault? So now it's his fault he got jailed for rape even though he never raped somebody? Listen to yourself. Being a dick or bad parent does not mean you deserve to go to prison. It also does not give your kids a free pass to be complete scum. You are blaming the victim. You are basically saying the dad deserves to go to prison because he did drugs (But no mention of which drugs) and that because this girl wanted her dad to go away (It isn't like every single teenager has felt that at some point right?) it instantly means he obviously deserves it.

If it is ruined, what is going to change if he is given compensation? His life is still technically "ruined" right? He would still have no job or opportunities even with the compensation right? What can she do besides pull an improbable job opportunity out of her ass and give it to him? What kind of compensation are you thinking of besides a cruel, undeserved punishment? What, do you want her to kiss his feet? To become his maidservant? To give money that she needs to live off of (because she most likely doesn't have a good job to begin with) to him? Do you want her to go to jail and make one more person in the world unnecessarily feel like utter crap?

She irreversibly damaged his life. She needs to face some kind of punishment. If I out and murder somebody, what would the point of sending me to jail be, I mean, I already did it and it won't change anything. If he is given compensation, he can at least get his life back on track. Like that one black guy who was falsely imprisoned and then given a million or some shit like that and he was able to open up and operate his own business. Without it, what does he have? What the hell can he do? Put "I was accused of rape so that's why I have been in jail for 10 years" on a resume? She shouldn't have to do anything besides be in prison, or pay him compensation for those years he lost. I don't give two shits about how fucked up her life is now, she's the one that made it that way, not some little bitch who accused her of rape.

Your entire argument sums up to: Why bother, he's fucked, and she was emotionally fucked when it happened so fuck it

If you care so much about that guy's life being ruined forever, than what about the "heavy compensation" that would ruin her life as well, even if it isn't as bad as what the guy received?

I don't care about her, she made the choice. She went her teenage years with that choice. She went into adulthood with that choice. She fucked him completely over for no reason other then being a bad parent. He loses 10 years of his life. She should very well be punished

Her dad was much more than an alcoholic, by the way. He did not care for her when she was having trouble at school. He smoked pot and did other drugs. He partied frequently. He did not care. It was most definitely the father's fault for what she had become. Any type of neglect for the child is certainly at most making the PARENT responsible for the ensuing actions. It's bullshit that you would just pass off the father's doing as really nothing, when it WAS something, especially when the only thing you highlight is the "alcohol" part.

Oh, she did bad in school and he didn't care. Better send him to prison for over a decade. He partied, clearly that means he should be charged with rape.

Daddy issues? These examples were much, much more than just little troubles with your father. She had no mother after the divorce and her father treated her and himself like shit. These are more than just "issues".

Not "falsely send him to prison without consequences" level of issues.

You know what "issues" are? Not having a good enough job. Not liking the food you eat. Thinking your life is too average and needs a little more spice to it. Thinking you are too fat and need to exercise. Needing to come up with a difficult business plan. Thinking about your future and wondering how you would be able to find a job.

Don't just pass off huge problems as nothing but issues. I could say in the same sense that the Haiti Earthquake, Japan Earthquake/tsunami/meltdown, the Great Depression, etc. were just "meh, some issues". Perhaps I am using extreme examples but the concept is the same. Things that are much more troubling than you think they are shouldn't be demoted to something that is a mere obstruction to one's way of life.

Equating doing bad in school and a parent who parties to those are we?

I never said it was okay for the guy to go into jail. I believe I already addressed this in my previous post. So quit pulling these little snide comments out of your ass. I said that the woman should not have been given punishments because these punishments won't solve a goddamn thing.

"She did something horrible, but she didn't do anything wrong"

She had a legitimate excuse to not being punished because she was a CHILD at the time and it may seem easy to you, but it's not so easy to confess to the world that you have murdered someone in your past, were responsible for a bombing at a school, or any kind of shit that you were still emotionally stressed under. Be glad that she even showed up and confessed in a matter of a decade rather than not telling anyone what she did at all.

She was a child, who once she became an adult did not come clean.

Oh, she admitted to doing it. Big fucking deal. She completely assassinated this persons life. 10 years. He will never get that back. Everything he had is gone. He has nothing left. Better just let her get away with it because she did it when she was stressed and she's so

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 03:48 PM Reply

Ok, the "made up" part was stupid of me. What I meant in that post was that she realized that she had done a wrong thing.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 03:48 PM, 4761 wrote: Ok, the "made up" part was stupid of me. What I meant in that post was that she realized that she had done a wrong thing.

So let's just give her a slap on the wrist. I mean, sending someone to jail for 10 years because you don't like what they do and you were emotionally unstable makes it all ok right?

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 03:59 PM Reply

So she waits 11 years to tell everyone she made it all up?

LocoJoe
LocoJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

Note to self: Get vasectomy ASAP

So does that little cunt go to jail or does the father at least get some cash from the state for a wrongful conviction?

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 04:34 PM Reply

Oh, she didn't develop. That makes it all ok. She was addicted to drugs, so she shouldn't face repercussions. What message does this story send? It's ok to falsely imprison somebody for rape if you eventually come clean, with no negative consequences for you?

Who the fuck said it was all "okay"? Nothing was okay. What she did was not okay. What her father did was not okay. I am saying she should not face repercussions, not because what she did was okay, but because it wouldn't solve anything. You keep insisting that I am trying to say it was okay when I am saying that there's nothing to gain from punishing.

She couldn't have been responsible for them, even though you also say she made the choices, because her dad was a drug addict? I'm sorry, but that's, quite frankly, idiotic to say. She didn't have that influence around her doing those years when she was an addict.

He had already given her that influence when she was a child. Even if he wasn't present, that does not mean she isn't influenced anymore. Her father lured and attracted the girl with drugs. It's just that when he was gone, she didn't give up that habit. Because of him, though.

So basically she didn't like the way he was acting. I have not met one person who at some point wanted their parents to go away.

So haven't I. But the point I was making is that she did not do what she did because she didn't like him, it was just that he was too much for her.

It was the father's fault? So now it's his fault he got jailed for rape even though he never raped somebody? Listen to yourself. Being a dick or bad parent does not mean you deserve to go to prison. It also does not give your kids a free pass to be complete scum. You are blaming the victim. You are basically saying the dad deserves to go to prison because he did drugs (But no mention of which drugs) and that because this girl wanted her dad to go away (It isn't like every single teenager has felt that at some point right?) it instantly means he obviously deserves it.

Yes it was the father's fault, but not because he was accused for rape. It was his fault that he raised her to be that way. Is it that hard to understand? Also, I never said being a dick meant going to prison. I am saying he brought it on himself, and he caused this whole thing to happen. He was guilty, but not guilty enough to go to prison. I think we are having a communication barrier here: you are thinking of the legal definition of "guilty" and I am thinking "guilty" as in being responsible for a wrongdoing (no matter how severe). And what do you mean "free pass to being a scum"? I said that she shouldn't have had repercussions because the crime was already committed and she had regretted the decision, and that she was a child. I am saying that both parties here are to blame, but no one should be punished. There is no free pass. I never said the dad deserved to go to prison...I believe he was simply responsible for his child's actions.

She irreversibly damaged his life. She needs to face some kind of punishment. If I out and murder somebody, what would the point of sending me to jail be, I mean, I already did it and it won't change anything.

You're right, it wouldn't change anything. That's why people send those people to jail because they are STILL DANGEROUS.

If he is given compensation, he can at least get his life back on track.

Woah woah woah! Life back on track? Are you kidding me? So you are saying that his life is irreversibly changed for the worse and his life is just ruined (insert melodramatic music here) and now he still has the glorious option to get his life back on track? Do you know what "ruined beyond belief" means? It means that no matter what he does, he can't get his life back on track. Ever. That, or you are really downplaying "ruined".

She shouldn't have to do anything besides be in prison, or pay him compensation for those years he lost. I don't give two shits about how fucked up her life is now, she's the one that made it that way, not some little bitch who accused her of rape.

Or maybe the dad should give HER compensation because it was clearly him who fucked up her life first to make her fuck up his life? And no, I don't know how much I have to repeat it but, SHE DID NOT MAKE HER LIFE THAT WAY. It was her fucking father; I can guarantee you: if her father did not take any drugs (and yes, he did more than just alcohol, read the goddamn article) she would not be her right now.

Your entire argument sums up to: Why bother, he's fucked, and she was emotionally fucked when it happened so fuck it

If you care so much about that guy's life being ruined forever, than what about the "heavy compensation" that would ruin her life as well, even if it isn't as bad as what the guy received?
I don't care about her, she made the choice. She went her teenage years with that choice. She went into adulthood with that choice. She fucked him completely over for no reason other then being a bad parent. He loses 10 years of his life. She should very well be punished

Her dad was much more than an alcoholic, by the way. He did not care for her when she was having trouble at school. He smoked pot and did other drugs. He partied frequently. He did not care. It was most definitely the father's fault for what she had become. Any type of neglect for the child is certainly at most making the PARENT responsible for the ensuing actions. It's bullshit that you would just pass off the father's doing as really nothing, when it WAS something, especially when the only thing you highlight is the "alcohol" part.

I'm just going to stop quoting you from here on out. I have already ran out of space and I don't feel like including your quotes anymore so let me summarize the best I can:

You mentioned that he partied and he deserves to be jailed? What? Do you realize that he partied frequently. Which is more than just partying a little? Not only that, but he smoked pot a lot? And alcohol anyone? How about the combination of all the three made him NEGLECT the child? It's not the partying individually that made it worse, it's the fact that his partying made neglect. That's the whole topic of it. Neglect. Instead of treating her better, he goes off in an assholish way and parties with/without drugs, just ignoring the daughter.

Also, you keep on saying time after time "his life is ruined, blah blah blah". "There's nothing left of it" even though you said yourself that his life still has the opportunity to be back on track if given compensations, so I am just going to regard this point as complete idiocy.

"Oh look, he has nothing now! Gone everything! Nada! Oh, except if you give him compensations..."

Not so "ruined forever" now anymore right?
You know what ruined forever is? Ruined forever is when you CAN'T get a job. Where you CAN'T get a decent home or place to live. Where you CAN'T get even a little money. It's where you lost everything, even potential things like compensations. Hell, it's where you do not receive any sort of compensation. Your life is not ruined forever if you still can make or have changes that can alter your life for the better. Sure, you won't be able to return to your regular normality, but sometimes a downgrade is good enough.

You know what? I am just going to end it here.

Sometimes shit happens to people. People make mistakes. Does it mean they deserve consequences? Not if they are proven to not make the same mistakes again. The girl made a mistake. She should not be given consequences even if the father's life was irreversible and he was falsely accused for a whopping 9 years. The girl was a child, her decision was solely because of her father, and therefore she could not have been held responsible for her actions. If she couldn't be held reponsible, she couldn't have been held responsible ever, no matter how old she is or how long it takes for her to confess.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

4761, According to your logic then, the shooters of Columbine shouldn't have been punished, beause they were under emotional stress and were bullied, it was all the bullies fault they were killed. Heck, same with the Oakland shooting recently, or the Virginia Tech one. They all had mental issues, and its the fault of whoever caused them, just like its the dads fault for neglecting his daugter and thats why she shouldn't get punished for sending him to prison for all those years.

She should get punished. Don't bring up excuses; what she does was premeditated. She was 11 years old, but she wasn't stupid. It's not as innocent as "I wanted to make him go away". She actually planned a lie that she was raped and told it to police the police so he would get locked up. That's not something a dumb innocent kid will do, and therefore she should get punished. You ever ask yourself where the mom was? At least the dad took care of her, unlike the mother. Did you ever think of how stressed out he must've been in the first place? Its simple, she's an evil little bitch. Had she said something once she was 15 or at least 17, maybe she could be forgiven, because at that point she had more than enough brain power to see what she did was wrong. But no, she waited until she was 20.

And not only that, but under severe cases, kids tend to do the opposite of their parents; if a parent does drugs and it affects you horribly, there's a much higher chance they won't do drugs. She should get locked up a couple of years so that she can see what she put her father through. He deserves at least a shred of dignity for not walking out on her at least. Who do you think fed her anyway?

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 04:34 PM, 4761 wrote: Who the fuck said it was all "okay"? Nothing was okay. What she did was not okay. What her father did was not okay. I am saying she should not face repercussions, not because what she did was okay, but because it wouldn't solve anythin

Letting her get off the hook is saying what she did was ok. This isn't something small, this is major that involved fucking somebody over because they didn't care about your grades.

He had already given her that influence when she was a child. Even if he wasn't present, that does not mean she isn't influenced anymore. Her father lured and attracted the girl with drugs. It's just that when he was gone, she didn't give up that habit. Because of him, though.

[Citation Needed]

You can make up Freudian excuses all you like, but that doesn't change that when it comes down to it, she ultimately had the choice whether or not to do it.

So haven't I. But the point I was making is that she did not do what she did because she didn't like him, it was just that he was too much for her.

Again, that comes down to her not liking the way he acts. He didn't abuse her. Was he a deadbeat? Yes, but that doesn't warrant him going to prison for 10 years with no repercussions besides a slap on the wrist.

Yes it was the father's fault, but not because he was accused for rape. It was his fault that he raised her to be that way. Is it that hard to understand? Also, I never said being a dick meant going to prison. I am saying he brought it on himself, and he caused this whole thing to happen. He was guilty, but not guilty enough to go to prison. I think we are having a communication barrier here: you are thinking of the legal definition of "guilty" and I am thinking "guilty" as in being responsible for a wrongdoing (no matter how severe). And what do you mean "free pass to being a scum"? I said that she shouldn't have had repercussions because the crime was already committed and she had regretted the decision, and that she was a child. I am saying that both parties here are to blame, but no one should be punished. There is no free pass. I never said the dad deserved to go to prison...I believe he was simply responsible for his child's actions.

Yes it is that hard to understand, because nowhere, ever, has been being a bad parent equated to your child lying and getting somebody jailed for rape. He did not bring it onto himself. Given how fickle causality can be, I guess you can blame it on him, but the decision ultimately rests on the daughter. Look at the case of the step father who was killed by his step son and a friend forced into it. Was it the step fathers fault, from a non 100% deterministic outlook? No, it lies on the person committing the act. She wasn't backed into a corner and he wasn't abusive. He just sucked at parenting. When you're saying that the person who is at fault is the dad, that is saying he deserved it. When you are saying the person who caused it should not get in trouble, you are saying he deserved it.

You're right, it wouldn't change anything. That's why people send those people to jail because they are STILL DANGEROUS.

But what if I did it because my mom didn't care I was doing bad in school? Would that be ok then?

Woah woah woah! Life back on track? Are you kidding me? So you are saying that his life is irreversibly changed for the worse and his life is just ruined and now he still has the glorious option to get his life back on track? Do you know what "ruined beyond belief" means? It means that no matter what he does, he can't get his life back on track. ".

Irreversibly changed does not mean that his entire future is bleak. Anytime you go to jail, your life is irreversibly damaged. That does not mean it cannot be mitigated.

Or maybe the dad should give HER compensation because it was clearly him who fucked up her life first to make her fuck up his life? And no, I don't know how much I have to repeat it but, SHE DID NOT MAKE HER LIFE THAT WAY. It was her fucking father; I can guarantee you: if her father did not take any drugs (and yes, he did more than just alcohol, read the goddamn article) she would not be her right now.

BAWW I GOT BAD GRADES AND HE DIDN'T CARE HE SHOULD BE THROWN IN JAIL AS A RAPIST AND THEN BE FORCED TO GIVE ME COMPENSATION BECAUSE IM AN EMOTIONAL WRECK.

Here's the thing: Every single person has the right and duty of self determination. She was a teenage, she can hone up to her actions.

I'm just going to stop quoting you from here on out. I have already ran out of space and I don't feel like including your quotes anymore so let me summarize the best I can:

You mentioned that he partied and he deserves to be jailed? What? Do you realize that he partied frequently. Which is more than just partying a little? Not only that, but he smoked pot a lot? And alcohol anyone? How about the combination of all the three made him NEGLECT the child? It's not the partying individually that made it worse, it's the fact that his partying made neglect. That's the whole topic of it. Neglect. Instead of treating her better, he goes off in an assholish way and parties with/without drugs, just ignoring the daughter.

Holy calamity, scream insanity, he smoked pot and drank. No, he didn't abuse her. No, he didn't cause her harm. But he was kind of a dick who didn't care. I mean yeah, she was still taken care of, and yeah, she still had a hgome, but we have an Escobar here because he smoked spot. Yeah, he was emotionally distant. Better blame him for every fucked up action the daughter does, and it's totally his fault for getting sent to jail for rape even though no such shenanigans occured.

Also, you keep on saying time after time "his life is ruined, blah blah blah". "There's nothing left of it" even though you said yourself that his life still has the opportunity to be back on track if given compensations, so I am just going to regard this point as complete idiocy.

He had his entire life yanked away from him. He was put into prison. He is forever changed. She owes him a whole lot. He lost his freedom for over a decade. And you're honestly saying that because he can still reduce the damage that has been done, it's too bad for him?

"Oh look, he has nothing now! Gone everything! Nada! Oh, except if you give him compensations..."

Yeah, that's kinda how compensations work.

Not so "ruined forever" now anymore right?

Not as ruined, but still ruined.

You know what ruined forever is? Ruined forever is when you CAN'T get a job. Where you CAN'T get a decent home or place to live. Where you CAN'T get even a little money. It's where you lost everything, even potential things like compensations. Hell, it's where you do not receive any sort of compensation. Your life is not ruined forever if you still can make or have changes that can alter your life for the better. Sure, you won't be able to return to your regular normality, but sometimes a downgrade is good enough.

So basically you can only be ruined if you can't do the aforementioned things. Which is what totally doesn't happen in prison.

She should not be given consequences even if the father's life was irreversible and he was falsely accused for a whopping 9 years. The girl was a child, her decision was solely because of her father, and therefore she could not have been held responsible for her actions. If she couldn't be held reponsible, she couldn't have been held responsible ever, no matter how old she is or how long it takes for her to confess.

No. That's not how punishments work. I can easily kill somebody in a blind rage and have a come to God sort of event. Would that mean I shouldn't get in any sort of trouble whatsoever? She took away 10 years out of his life. She went through her teenage and adult years with this on her. She fucked him over. She knew the entire time what she did was wrong. She deserves to be punished. She was 11, not 6. She knew damn well what would happen.

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 05:12 PM Reply

*Comes back to thread thinking people are still thinking of creative ways to have girl raped by father*

Oh shit, it's hot in here.

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
georgesodini
georgesodini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 05:13 PM Reply

1. the father beating her or traumatizing her means she should have gone to child services and get taken away from the father. NOT FUCKING SEND THE DUDE 9 yrs to prison

2. nobody gave 2 fucks about this dude. poor bastard didnt have the cash for a good lawyer/detective to fully investigate. do you think the cops are gonna investigate this shit while other worse crimes could be looked into? HAHAHAHA YEA RIGHT! or else the little bitch would have been cross examined like a boss and proven to be bull shit by an alpha lawyer.

3. stop it with the bullshit "psychological" jargon. all that junk is subjective from person to person. so quit stating it as if it were universally true.

ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 05:25 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 08:34 AM, Sensationalism wrote: There's something worse than this that happens much more often. Those brave enough to come forward don't get to see their attacker punished because they get away with it.

OH REALLY!?

All a woman has to do is say 'HE RAPED ME!", and the man will be seen as guilty until proven innocent, as evident of this case.

Also, men have no incentive to rape anyone, whereas women have incentives to falsely accuse men of rape:

1. To provide them with an alibi - e.g. to explain why they did not return home until the early hours and why, perhaps, their clothing was dishevelled.

2. As a means of hurting the man accused.

3. In order to get attention and sympathy.

:I would rather spend 20 years in prison than get raped once. People don't get PTSD from being in prison. I can't think of :ANYTHING worse than rape.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-541189/Man-hangs-fal sely-accused-raping-women-children.html

Tell me, how many women do you hear about who have been raped, that decided to hang themselves?

Also, are we sure he didn't do it? Just because she says she lied, doesn't mean she did. Unless there's a rape kit and :solid evidence, people usually don't get convicted, even when they did do it.

Oh yes, because men are evil little shits, and women are perfect little angels, ehh? A woman would never lie about rape, but men would always rape when given the opportunity, ehh?

Really? Why would she admit that she lied now, if he actually raped her? That's bullshit.

The only logical explanation is that her conscious was eating away at her, and she couldn't bare it anymore.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
georgesodini
georgesodini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 05:35 PM Reply

all this narrows down to an incompetent defense lawyer.
everyone failed to ask how an 11 yr old could have learned all this.
that was the key to this case. but nobody focused on it.
had they taken a few minutes to learn about her friends and their backgrounds, they could have shot down her little evil plan.
lesson learned kids. if you ever get accused of any crime, you better sell all your shit and get one heck of a lawyer. these fuckers dont mess around

ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 02:29 PM, 4761 wrote: I think it's partially the dad's fault for neglecting the child or not treating her better while he was out being high. It doesn't excuse the girl for wrongly convicting him but then again, the dad didn't uphold his part as much as a parent.

No, the only way that it can logically be the person's fault for getting accused of rape, is if they actually raped someone. Whereas he did not.
It is in no way shape or fault that he was accused of rape, because he did not rape anyone.

The girl obviously had emotional problems that troubled her- I suppose her father made things worse. Think about it, her father was the one that most likely induced the behavior into the child, as he was raising her. Not only that, she was only 11 at the time and her parents were divorced, leaving her only to her drug-addicted/party-frenzied father to deal with.

And now you're painting her as a victim of some sorts, to further vilify him, NICE ONE.

Now I am NOT trying to say that what she did was justified, I am simply saying she had problems that ANY 11-year old could of had if they had little to no control or conscious over their young lives.

So the fuck what. Alot of people have problems. Many people in jail right now have some sort of mental problem.
Sometimes I feel homicidal, because I have 'problems', if I were to go kill someone it would be my fault, and mine alone, not the person who had anything to do with me getting these 'problems'.

Basically, here is my point: To all the people who believe she should have been raped/punished after this whole ordeal: I rightfully disagree with you. She should not have been punished as she was never in the right emotional state and therefore couldn't be very responsible for her actions. An ELEVEN year old made the mistake to falsely accuse her father, not a 20-something. Besides, the girl has been punished enough by herself, she has seen firsthand to what it is like to have no parents.

- A mentally insane individual go on a killing spree.

- Years later they step-foward, and claim responsibility.

- Your logic states that they shouldn't be punished for their wrong-doings because they were not in the right 'emotional/mental state'.

And insinuating that her punishment was that she had to grow up without any parents , is like insinuating that if you steal money from your bank, then it's punishment enough that they close your account.

The girl had stated herself that what she did was "very wrong" and she is very regretful of her youthful decision. She has seen the flaws of her past and has already made up for her wrongdoings. Perhaps she should have not waited so long until trying to tell the truth, but to tell you the truth: she was STILL in a horrible emotional state because she became drug-addicted; a habit that could have been traced to her father, as he was the one who should have been responsible for his daughter's upbringing.
So please do not say she needs to be punished or raped, that kind of thinking is heinous in itself after what both the father and daughter have went through.

So it is 'heinous' to believe that someone should be punished in some way for falsely accusing their own father of rape?

Yes she knows what she did was wrong, the same way that someone who commits murder, and steps-forward to admit that they did it, knows that what they did was wrong. Just because someone's emotions are hay-wire that doesn't excuse their actions.

Tell me fool, if you're ina relationship, and your emotions are hay-wire, so you attack your girlfriend, should you go to jail?

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 4/3/12 11:44 PM, Itachi888Uchiha wrote:
At 4/3/12 11:16 PM, Revo357912 wrote: And what, she doesn't go to jail for screwing him over?
"Baur said Cassandra Kennedy will not be prosecuted for her apparent lies about her father, partly because prosecutors do not want to discourage people in similar circumstances from coming forward."

That's completely idiotic. She took away nine years of his life. His job is gone. His wife is gone. His daughter is gone. Because she lied. She SHOULD be prosecuted. How would that discourage rape victims from coming forward?

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 06:10 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 4/3/12 11:44 PM, Itachi888Uchiha wrote:
At 4/3/12 11:16 PM, Revo357912 wrote: And what, she doesn't go to jail for screwing him over?
"Baur said Cassandra Kennedy will not be prosecuted for her apparent lies about her father, partly because prosecutors do not want to discourage people in similar circumstances from coming forward."
That's completely idiotic. She took away nine years of his life. His job is gone. His wife is gone. His daughter is gone. Because she lied. She SHOULD be prosecuted. How would that discourage rape victims from coming forward?

That is messed up. It won't discourage rape victims. Screw that, we should all file a class action to persecute her. This is more wrong than the Trayvon Martin murder.

BBS Signature
SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

I don't see how prosecuting someone who lied to take away 10 years of another human being would stop women who have genuinely been raped coming forward?
What's more a long 10 year+ sentence, might stop other women from pulling this sort of thing. It's not nearly as common as people like to think.

SnoopyChicken
SnoopyChicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 06:52 PM, SnoopyChicken wrote: What's more a long 10 year+ sentence, might stop other women from pulling this sort of thing. It's not nearly as common as people like to think.

I mean uncommon obviously.

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 07:01 PM Reply

That's whack as fuck. What would possess an 11-year-old to lie like that?

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

chipotleaway
chipotleaway
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

I would kill her as soon as I got out of jail.

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam
In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature
Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 07:15 PM, chipotleaway wrote: I would kill her as soon as I got out of jail.

If he doesn't, mad props to him.
He gots nothing to lose at this point.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 06:10 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 4/3/12 11:44 PM, Itachi888Uchiha wrote: "Baur said Cassandra Kennedy will not be prosecuted for her apparent lies about her father, partly because prosecutors do not want to discourage people in similar circumstances from coming forward."

They mean that they don't want to disincentivize people from recanting false testimony. You have to keep in mind that despite the face that what she did was wrong, she did come forward of her own volition to exonerate someone who would have otherwise remained in prison.

The people calling for prosecution in this thread are basically living in a fantasy world, you want to have your cake and eat it too. I understand the outrage that this person did something very wrong and is not being punished, but it's all around an outrageous situation. It's not an issue of the system being broken, it's an issue of the input to the system being so problematic that there's no completely satisfactory way to handle it. You can't just pretend that the actions of the legal system have no impact on how a situation develops, there's a feedback effect.

When you have a situation where the authorities discover that someone has provided false testimony, then it's easy, you prosecute. But you can't really handle it the same way when the false testimony is believed to be legitimate, then the person volunteers to recant. In a case like this, it's already a difficult decision for the person to recant, they have to admit to all of their family and friends that a major event they've all believed for a very long time was really a lie, and someone that the person knew to be innocent was punished for it. If you top that with the knowledge that they'll be prosecuted, it's even less likely that they will voluntarily recant. You have to realize that had she not come forward, her father would have remained in prison and she still would have gotten away without being prosecuted.

If you want to talk about a perfect world of right and wrong, then yes, it would be right for her to be punished for her actions, because what she did was wrong. If you want to talk about the real world, however, that's not the correct way for the justice system to handle this situation. At best, prosecuting people who voluntarily recant doesn't improve the lives of anyone; at worst, it disincentivizes people to recant, prolonging the suffering of innocent people. It's a catch-22.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

Tragic, a neglected girl who wanted love and went about in the wrongest way possible. Hell I wouldn't comment on a screwed up personal matter such as that either. I just want to get on with my life, smart statement.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 08:52 PM, Xyphon202 wrote: Having your cake and eating it to = people being punished for lying to the court and not coming clean for 9 years.

No, having your cake and eating it too is wanting people to be punished after admitting they provided false testimony, but still expecting them to confess to giving false testimony to exonerate the falsely accused.

Like I said, punishing people who voluntarily recant their testimony isn't actually going to help anyone.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 09:31 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 4/4/12 08:52 PM, Xyphon202 wrote:
Like I said, punishing people who voluntarily recant their testimony isn't actually going to help anyone.

Letting it slide is even worse.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 09:50 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 09:37 PM, II2none wrote: Letting it slide is even worse.

I agree, and it sets a dangerous precedent for not punishing the guilty, the opposite of justice.

Let's take a look at it objectively, shall we?

THE CASE FOR NON-PUNISHMENT
Might persuade others to not recant false testimonies, provided they know of this particular case (or their lawyer does, but if you're going to a lawyer they aren't going to advise you to recant anyways).

THE CASE FOR PUNISHMENT

The guilty party is charged, rightfully so, and justice is meted out.

So, now that that is over with, what do you think? Proper justice immediately or fear of non-justice in the future?

Fear should never win in law.

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 09:51 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 02:29 PM, 4761 wrote: So please do not say she needs to be punished or raped, that kind of thinking is heinous in itself after what both the father and daughter have went through.

shut up you moron feminism is evil women must choose the traditional way or complete true equality

also bitches haven't heard of my glorious white master race and the evils of multiculturualism right fellas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 09:51 PM, Halberd wrote:
At 4/4/12 02:29 PM, 4761 wrote: So please do not say she needs to be punished or raped, that kind of thinking is heinous in itself after what both the father and daughter have went through.
shut up you moron feminism is evil women must choose the traditional way or complete true equality

also bitches haven't heard of my glorious white master race and the evils of multiculturualism right fellas

Only when that hate filled bitch goes to jail for 18 years or is raped will civilisation be civilized and women will know their places

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 09:54 PM Reply

But this isn't happening in a vacuum. When you punish people who voluntarily recant, it makes them less likely to do so, and therefore more likely that the innocent person will continue to suffer. You have to realize that the person already got away with the lie, and if they choose not to recant they still won't be punished, because nobody will know what they did.

Rightfully she would be punished, but it's better to let a remorseful guilty person go free than to keep an innocent person imprisoned.

SKHM
SKHM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 09:54 PM Reply

What did she go through, exactly? Lying in a court a law and getting away with it? I'm sure it was VERY traumatic.

G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Girl Lied About Her Father Raping H Apr. 4th, 2012 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 4/4/12 09:54 PM, Elfer wrote:
But this isn't happening in a vacuum. When you punish people who voluntarily recant, it makes them less likely to do so, and therefore more likely that the innocent person will continue to suffer. You have to realize that the person already got away with the lie, and if they choose not to recant they still won't be punished, because nobody will know what they did.

But at the same time it gives the message that deception of the law should go unpunished. people who don't admit to their crimes get found out 9/10 anyway. If the case was handled properly and it wasn't blown off on "injury to the groin, I guess the father must've done it." The charges for the pot might be less severe then rape and if they found evidence he would've been jailed for the right reasons.

Rightfully she would be punished, but it's better to let a remorseful guilty person go free than to keep an innocent person imprisoned.

I don't know man wrongly being accused to rot in jail for 10 years family or not,\. There should be some sort of financial or moral support for this man.

QOTW:

BBS Signature