Be a Supporter!
TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 07:09 PM Reply

I was trying to upload a song that I made for a soundtrack and a message appeared that says that I have been banned. I don't understand why because I haven't broke any rule I actually contribute to community in a positive way. I read on some older post that a moderator had to help me so that is why I post this here. I hope someone can help me because for now I am uploading the soundtrack in soundcloud but of course is easier to work here.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 07:09 PM Reply

You don't seem to be very banned at all to me, don't you get all your submissions removed and stuff when that happens? Are you getting an error message when you try to submit something new?

silencefreedom
silencefreedom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 07:13 PM Reply

Wow. Did you submit some copyright sample or something? If you believe you did nothing wrong. Clarify that with staff, not mods. It is useless to argue on.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 07:24 PM Reply

Hopefully that doesn't happen too often to people who don't know about moderators and how to contact them.

it doesn't do your work any less remarkable and amazingly selfless though guys <3
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 3/31/12 07:18 PM, LaForge wrote: i've looked into your case and it seems you were banned for no reason. it may have been a mistake, these things happen. another mod is current asking Wade to unban you, please be patient. sorry for the mixup.

To follow up on this, I was asking Wade to unban you... Until I found an audio sample from South Park in one of your submissions.

This is copyrighted material, and using such is a bannable offense. Sorry for the mass confusion in this matter, but the mod that banned you was in the right.

If you still wish to submit, you will have to create a new account and try again, please be sure to read and understand the rules before you submit.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 3/31/12 07:09 PM, SBB wrote: You don't seem to be very banned at all to me, don't you get all your submissions removed and stuff when that happens? Are you getting an error message when you try to submit something new?

Currently, under the new system, banned audio artists songs are still visible. This is unintentional.

TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 3/31/12 07:39 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 3/31/12 07:18 PM, LaForge wrote: i've looked into your case and it seems you were banned for no reason. it may have been a mistake, these things happen. another mod is current asking Wade to unban you, please be patient. sorry for the mixup.
To follow up on this, I was asking Wade to unban you... Until I found an audio sample from South Park in one of your submissions.

This is copyrighted material, and using such is a bannable offense. Sorry for the mass confusion in this matter, but the mod that banned you was in the right.

If you still wish to submit, you will have to create a new account and try again, please be sure to read and understand the rules before you submit.

south park?????? as far as I know I don't have anything like that. Could you please name the song? because everything in my songs are made with flstudio synths, garritan personal orchestra and the samples that fl includes.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 11:22 PM Reply

Welcome to The Wasteland...

You have a sample from the "Manbearpig" episode.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 11:28 PM Reply

Ahhh what you are talking about is my song welcome to the wasteland. I didn't even knew that was part of south park. I just got it in a bunch of speeches download. I am really sorry and really embarrassed right now, well thank you for everything but there isn't away to remove that song because I truly want to keep with my current account I just didn't what that speech was all about I just thought that it was funny and because I got it from some free downloads I didn't knew that it had copyrights. If there is a way to erase that song please could anyone erase it? :(
I am sorry for causing troubles

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 3/31/12 11:28 PM, TR0KY wrote: Ahhh what you are talking about is my song welcome to the wasteland. I didn't even knew that was part of south park. I just got it in a bunch of speeches download. I am really sorry and really embarrassed right now, well thank you for everything but there isn't away to remove that song because I truly want to keep with my current account I just didn't what that speech was all about I just thought that it was funny and because I got it from some free downloads I didn't knew that it had copyrights. If there is a way to erase that song please could anyone erase it? :(

Not to sound harsh, but ignorance is not an excuse to break the rules. If you don't know where something came from, you shouldn't be using it, because even if it's not from a copyrighted source, you are required to credit the source of any non-original material you use.

inb4raginganti-modsquad

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
TR0KY
TR0KY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 11:40 PM Reply

At 3/31/12 11:38 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 3/31/12 11:28 PM, TR0KY wrote: Ahhh what you are talking about is my song welcome to the wasteland. I didn't even knew that was part of south park. I just got it in a bunch of speeches download. I am really sorry and really embarrassed right now, well thank you for everything but there isn't away to remove that song because I truly want to keep with my current account I just didn't what that speech was all about I just thought that it was funny and because I got it from some free downloads I didn't knew that it had copyrights. If there is a way to erase that song please could anyone erase it? :(
Not to sound harsh, but ignorance is not an excuse to break the rules. If you don't know where something came from, you shouldn't be using it, because even if it's not from a copyrighted source, you are required to credit the source of any non-original material you use.

inb4raginganti-modsquad

Ok I understand I know it was pretty irresponsible from me to use audio sample from random downloads. Well I am making a new account thanks everyone, ohhh and a quick question If I make a new account can I resubmit my songs or I just can upload my newest songs?

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to I've been banned Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 3/31/12 11:40 PM, TR0KY wrote: Ok I understand I know it was pretty irresponsible from me to use audio sample from random downloads. Well I am making a new account thanks everyone, ohhh and a quick question If I make a new account can I resubmit my songs or I just can upload my newest songs?

That's entirely up to you... As long as there's nothing in those submissions that breaks the rules.

Shoot me a PM once your account is made and you have something up waiting for approval, and I'll look it over for you.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature