New Topic Respond to this Topic
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Official Diablo 3 topic. Mar. 29th, 2012 @ 11:06 PM Reply

Yep, there's way too many of them damned Diablo topics. Let's keep them all in here, shall we?

First, what is Diablo? If you've been hiding under a rock in the 90's and 00's, Diablo is simply the BEST GOD DAMNED HACK AND SLASH / RPG GAME THAT'S EVER BEEN MADE! Here's a bunch of videos.

This being said, let's talk about Diablo 3. It's coming out soon. I'm excited. Everybody should be. Haven't pre-purchased it? I know I have! Click this damn button and pre-purchase it right now! No, I don't work for Blizzard, no they haven't given me a damn penny for this line! Screw them!

Anyway. What class are you going for? What's your expectations? Do you already have friends / a clan / group set up? How long have you been waiting for? I know I've been waiting for... ever. Never thought they were actually going to make it one day. I kinda fell off my chair in 2009 or 2010 when they announced it. And now it's almost out. Get your rusty gaming PCs out, because there is now once again a reason to play video games.

Personally, I will be making a Demon Hunter, to go with my RL buds who are all making a char of each of the other classes. I was going to to go for the mage, but I kinda overdid Sorceress in Diablo 2. Demon Hunter seems like the perfect choice, since I always loved the Zon and the Assassin in D2.

I really REALLY expect some great music in the game, because I still listen to the D2 soundtrack every now and then, and it brings back so many great memories... I just hope they will not try to do too much and completely change the amazing musical style of Matt Uelmen... you know... not try to modernize it all too much.

This being said, enjoy the Video Games Forums Diablo 3 topic. Yes, I know there's a Diablo club. But it's old and obsolete. This thread is about DIABLO 3 ENTHUSIASM. ENJOY.

Official Diablo 3 topic.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 09:47 AM Reply

I am looking foward to it. Diablo 2 is still one of my favourite games, though I haven't played it for a long time. It would be nice to get Diablo 3 and have some fun with it. I might see if my World of Warcraft guild ends up wanting to form a clan in it or something, as I never did have a clan in Diablo 2 so it would make diablo 3 more fun.

I haven't bought it yet, but I am planning on getting the year subscription thing for WoW which comes with Diablo 3 as a bonus, may as well if I keep playing WoW.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 09:57 AM Reply

I freakin love Diablo. Hmm, the memories.

Good thing I still have the discs.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 10:24 AM Reply

I still have an original Diablo Hellfire expansion disc.

You all cannot compete with my amount of coolness.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 12:56 PM Reply

Can't fucking wait. I hope I'll get into the beta before it's released. Although I guess my chances are slim at the moment.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 3/30/12 12:56 PM, Tally1989 wrote: Can't fucking wait. I hope I'll get into the beta before it's released. Although I guess my chances are slim at the moment.

Meh, I'd rather wait for the REAL DEAL more than getting to play some unfinished Act 1. :P

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 3/30/12 01:09 PM, Gambit wrote:
At 3/30/12 12:56 PM, Tally1989 wrote: Can't fucking wait. I hope I'll get into the beta before it's released. Although I guess my chances are slim at the moment.
Meh, I'd rather wait for the REAL DEAL more than getting to play some unfinished Act 1. :P

I agree, I personally prefer to wait and play the full game than join in with the buggy as hell testing. It's like with WoW they have the beta testing but even though I want to play the expansion I leave it until it's released, loads of people obsess over wanting to jump in and do it but other than the amusing broken stuff you get it just isn't good compared to leaving ituntil it's done. Which is especially the case when going for a game you will spend ages playing to avoid you getting tired of it to quickly.
Beta testing can be fun though, like having classes or spells so ridiculously powerful that they can decimate everything and everyone with a single spell. But I just listen to the amusing stories instead and wait until it's all done and dusted and can actually play the game without the character falling though the floor and game crashing every few minutes.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 5th, 2012 @ 04:59 AM Reply

Ugh, barely a month and a few days left ;(

possum2
possum2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 08:32 PM Reply

havent played any of the diablo games..just recently started playing pc games but diablo games look fun.

pOsSoM2

XBL Gamertag-JustinEverlast

BBS Signature
iceimp
iceimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 7th, 2012 @ 10:27 PM Reply

Honestly I like the new classes,however I fear I'll be the only monk or witch doctor. I just hope it will be addicting as the last games.

chronic masterbaition!

BBS Signature
Lolzer
Lolzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 07:25 AM Reply

At 4/7/12 10:27 PM, iceimp wrote: Honestly I like the new classes,however I fear I'll be the only monk or witch doctor. I just hope it will be addicting as the last games.

I can't wait for diablo 3. I'm playing Path Of Exile at the moment to prepare for diablo 3 and get my mind off the waiting. A month and a week left, it's not that bad. D3 releases exactly 3 days after i finish my exams and my holidays start so it's really not that bad.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 10:28 AM Reply

At 4/7/12 08:32 PM, possum2 wrote: havent played any of the diablo games..just recently started playing pc games but diablo games look fun.

Get the Diablo 2 pack right now, play Diablo 1 and 2 this month, and be mentally prepared (or challenged) for D3!

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 8th, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

I am planning on buying this game near the day it comes out since I finally have a decent PC.

I have a question though. I have a quad-core AMD A6 processor with Radeon graphics. I can run World of Warcraft on medium at 60fps and Civilization V at a nice looking setting. So, I would be able to play this game at a respectable setting right? It isn't very hard on the graphics?

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 10:09 AM Reply

The beta has been lots of fun for me and definitely is making the final game look very promising.

My favourite class seems to be Monk. What is your favourite class (if you have played the beta)?

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 02:39 PM Reply

At 4/8/12 08:19 PM, Cootie wrote: I am planning on buying this game near the day it comes out since I finally have a decent PC.

I have a question though. I have a quad-core AMD A6 processor with Radeon graphics. I can run World of Warcraft on medium at 60fps and Civilization V at a nice looking setting. So, I would be able to play this game at a respectable setting right? It isn't very hard on the graphics?

Again, this is only a speculation, but I believe they will make sure Diablo 3 can run on most "decent" computers, just like WoW. I don't have a top PC myself, but I'm confident it will run D3, since it runs SC2, HoN and WoW.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 4/9/12 02:39 PM, Gambit wrote: It isn't very hard on the graphics?

Again, this is only a speculation, but I believe they will make sure Diablo 3 can run on most "decent" computers, just like WoW. I don't have a top PC myself, but I'm confident it will run D3, since it runs SC2, HoN and WoW.

Well, I would say that SC2 and Civ V have somewhat similar requirements. If you can run it then I can too. Probably on medium.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 01:44 PM, Tally1989 wrote: Diablo 3 is open beta this weekend

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.egmnow.com%
2Farticles%2Fnews%2Fdiablo-iii-open-beta-this-weekend%2F&h=V AQEkg5h_AQEJCwV8qqrfoh9JY4u-da57_HxfJtpEsubmjQ

Fail link, still works though. But here's the direct link.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/diablo-iii-open-beta-thi s-weekend/

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 01:45 PM, Tally1989 wrote:
At 4/20/12 01:44 PM, Tally1989 wrote: Diablo 3 is open beta this weekend

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.egmnow.com%
2Farticles%2Fnews%2Fdiablo-iii-open-beta-this-weekend%2F&h=V AQEkg5h_AQEJCwV8qqrfoh9JY4u-da57_HxfJtpEsubmjQ
Fail link, still works though. But here's the direct link.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/diablo-iii-open-beta-thi s-weekend/

Hell yeah, I'm installing it right now, to test it up on my PC see if there's no trouble running it.

Can't mother fucking wait. If you want to add me to Realid, my Realid is poluxio@hotmail.com. Woop woop.

Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 4/9/12 03:01 PM, Cootie wrote:
Well, I would say that SC2 and Civ V have somewhat similar requirements. If you can run it then I can too. Probably on medium.

Medium graphics on SC2 and WoW? That's not decent. That's low end PC gaming right there.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 05:12 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 4/9/12 03:01 PM, Cootie wrote:
Medium graphics on SC2 and WoW? That's not decent. That's low end PC gaming right there.

Well, I could run higher. But I refuse to play at any setting that makes my frames dip below 70 or so. I wouldn't notice a difference that much... it is an obsessive thing.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 4/20/12 05:44 PM, Cootie wrote:
Well, I could run higher. But I refuse to play at any setting that makes my frames dip below 70 or so. I wouldn't notice a difference that much... it is an obsessive thing.

You wouldn't notice a difference at all.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 20th, 2012 @ 07:56 PM Reply

The music is very nicely composed, I am dying for this game to come out. I hope they don't adjust the release date at the last minute.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 03:18 AM Reply

Been playing the mess out of this beta. Anybody else really like the Monk? Once you get the rune for teleporting punches he just rapes face.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 03:35 AM Reply

At 4/20/12 07:56 PM, tyler2513 wrote: The music is very nicely composed, I am dying for this game to come out. I hope they don't adjust the release date at the last minute.

I don't like it as much as I liked D2's.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 4/21/12 03:18 AM, Cootie wrote: Been playing the mess out of this beta. Anybody else really like the Monk? Once you get the rune for teleporting punches he just rapes face.

I haven't been able to play the monk yet, I'm trying to get my wizard to level 13, although wizard seems meh compared to the wizard in D2.

After that I'm trying out demon hunter

Exile
Exile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

This is the most disappointing game I've ever played.

Path of Exile is much better.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 05:21 PM Reply

At 4/21/12 05:10 PM, Exile wrote: This is the most disappointing game I've ever played.

Path of Exile is much better.

It's a BETA.

BETA.

Don't play the BETA. This ain't 5% of the game. Not even 1%.

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 07:58 PM Reply

I never got into the first two Diablos, mainly because I never had internet until 2010, but I got the beta for Diablo 3 and I'm level 11 on demon hunter, with about the best gear possible from the blacksmith.
I'm gonna go for level 13 and then start a hardcore hero tonight, since I can't get on the servers during the day.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. Apr. 21st, 2012 @ 08:03 PM Reply

At 4/21/12 04:11 PM, Tramps wrote: Been trying all day to actually get on the game. I got a lot of "an unexpected error occurred when trying to update the files" from the patcher, then I couldn't login when it did work because of "Error 3003 - unable to connect to server"

RATHER ANNOYED.

What server are you trying to connect to? I get error 3003 on europe and asia, but the us servers work fine, unless battlenet is down for maintenence of course.