New Topic Respond to this Topic
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-24 15:15:54 Reply

I realized that from my last post a username is needed and not email. My battlenet username is funkycaveman. Im a level 30 barbarian and have a lower level witch doctor as well. On nightmare atm.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-24 18:07:55 Reply

For the discussion about metacritic, the score was brought down to 3.7 on launch day as a joke by 4chan, based on the Error 37 issue.

Just figured I'd drop that knowledge on the subject.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-25 00:35:57 Reply

At 5/24/12 06:07 PM, Luke wrote: For the discussion about metacritic, the score was brought down to 3.7 on launch day as a joke by 4chan, based on the Error 37 issue.

Just figured I'd drop that knowledge on the subject.

Meh. It's how I feel about the game myself, and I was barely affected by the errors. Only got them when the game JUST came out.

I just think it's too repetitive for me. I've played WoW for years, Diablo 2 for even longer, and I guess it's just time to MOVE ON.

No more video games. EVER.

Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-25 01:21:06 Reply

550 Resists, 10,000+ Armor, 35,000 Health, ~66% dodge
20,000 Damage

100+ hours jesus christ

Act II finished.

Official Diablo 3 topic.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt
last.fm

BBS Signature
laughatyourfuneral
laughatyourfuneral
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-25 10:13:11 Reply

Nesxt week i have a test in optics,english and math but hey diablo doesn't start itself

by all means... ask

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-25 17:19:40 Reply

Just got myself a copy for $49.99 Canadian!

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-25 18:41:44 Reply

At 5/25/12 05:19 PM, Painbringer wrote: Just got myself a copy for $49.99 Canadian!

Nice man!
It was 60.00 CDN here on launch...

What's your battle tag? We can play some time I'm sure, I'm just going through Nightmare right now farming gold.

Yeah, whatever.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-25 18:46:32 Reply

Fucking shit. Got a guest pass from Grammar-Nazi because he's fucking awesome, and now battle.net is shitting out on me so I can't download. Planning on buying the game the moment I find out if I can run that shit or not.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-25 18:52:17 Reply

At 5/25/12 06:46 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Fucking shit. Got a guest pass from Grammar-Nazi because he's fucking awesome, and now battle.net is shitting out on me so I can't download. Planning on buying the game the moment I find out if I can run that shit or not.

A gameboy color can run this game.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-25 20:14:41 Reply

At 5/25/12 06:52 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 5/25/12 06:46 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Fucking shit. Got a guest pass from Grammar-Nazi because he's fucking awesome, and now battle.net is shitting out on me so I can't download. Planning on buying the game the moment I find out if I can run that shit or not.
A gameboy color can run this game.

Unfortunately I only have a normal gameboy so I can't run gameboy color games.

Looks like I just have to wait a month before I get that new computer

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Acronze
Acronze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-26 08:29:12 Reply

At 5/24/12 06:01 AM, RacistBassist wrote: Does anyone want to do me a big solid and shoot me a PM with a guest pass, since my graphics card is borderline minimum requirements and I know that on the lowest settings the "minimum" isn't the true minimum.

My computer's also pretty borderline on the specs.

When you get past whatever error battlnet's giving you, mind tell me your specs and how well your computer's handling it?

Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-26 11:23:30 Reply

At 5/26/12 08:29 AM, Acronze wrote:
At 5/24/12 06:01 AM, RacistBassist wrote: Does anyone want to do me a big solid and shoot me a PM with a guest pass, since my graphics card is borderline minimum requirements and I know that on the lowest settings the "minimum" isn't the true minimum.
My computer's also pretty borderline on the specs.

When you get past whatever error battlnet's giving you, mind tell me your specs and how well your computer's handling it?

If you guys have anything better than a radeon x1550, youll do fine in the graphics. Im not sure on the other stuff, mainly because i dont need to worry about it. It'll run any game fine, i just need a new card.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-26 14:43:45 Reply

Level 60 DH, come on guys let's go to Whimsyshire!

but seriously hunted for all the items, ended up accidentally throwing the staff away as it's LABELED as a normal item. Fuck me.

Official Diablo 3 topic.

ok

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-26 21:22:12 Reply

At 5/26/12 02:43 PM, Strength wrote: Level 60 DH, come on guys let's go to Whimsyshire!

but seriously hunted for all the items, ended up accidentally throwing the staff away as it's LABELED as a normal item. Fuck me.

How hard are the enemies there, and how good does the loot they drop compare?

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 00:57:49 Reply

Before I get into this, how is the Witch Doctor? I've been wanting to pick that class.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 09:19:02 Reply

At 5/26/12 09:22 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 5/26/12 02:43 PM, Strength wrote: Level 60 DH, come on guys let's go to Whimsyshire!

They're essentially the same strength as Act IV mobs in the respective difficulty. Drops are from the same table of act IV drops in that respective difficulty with some added special stuff like Spectrum.

last.fm

BBS Signature
Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 09:24:31 Reply

At 5/27/12 12:57 AM, POTaTOS wrote: Before I get into this, how is the Witch Doctor? I've been wanting to pick that class.

Highest potential single target DPS in the game. Lots of quirky spells, plenty of of CC and buffs of all sorts.

But that's pretty much all I know, I've yet to play them extensively; only up to level 25 so far. I can only allow myself to speak somewhat knowledgeably about monks and demon hunters.

last.fm

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 13:58:09 Reply

At 5/27/12 09:19 AM, Matt wrote:
At 5/26/12 09:22 PM, Cootie wrote:

They're essentially the same strength as Act IV mobs in the respective difficulty. Drops are from the same table of act IV drops in that respective difficulty with some added special stuff like Spectrum.

Yep, what Matt said ^. However, there are tons of chests (clouds) and pots of gold, increasing the chances of getting a good drop. Not to mention, it's a pretty good place to level.

ok

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 15:08:30 Reply

Most likely picking this up on Monday. What's a good starter class? I've never really been into the Diablo games much, but I really don't want to pick Barbarian and have a boring time.

Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 15:46:38 Reply

At 5/27/12 03:08 PM, SineRider wrote: Most likely picking this up on Monday. What's a good starter class? I've never really been into the Diablo games much, but I really don't want to pick Barbarian and have a boring time.

Totally unrelated but yo evil popcorn was one of the best songs of all time -

All the classes are equally fun to play, but if you're specifically not looking to play a barb then almost any other class will suffice as "good".

I'd recommend Wizard or a Monk, as the Demon Hunter can be a difficult class to play in end game content. Especially since they nerfed certain abilities cough smoke screen cough fuck you blizzard.

ok

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 15:55:48 Reply

Finishing up Nightmare right now, then off to Hell!

I'm not sure if I should do the power levelling trick in Hell or not...

Yeah, whatever.

Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 16:50:28 Reply

At 5/27/12 03:55 PM, Luke wrote: Finishing up Nightmare right now, then off to Hell!

I'm not sure if I should do the power levelling trick in Hell or not...

Do it before it gets nerfed.

ok

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 17:56:51 Reply

At 5/27/12 03:46 PM, Strength wrote: Totally unrelated but yo evil popcorn was one of the best songs of all time -

hahaha thanks man, that takes me back. I think I was trying to do a venetian snares-esque remix but failed and that was the result

All the classes are equally fun to play, but if you're specifically not looking to play a barb then almost any other class will suffice as "good".

I'd recommend Wizard or a Monk, as the Demon Hunter can be a difficult class to play in end game content. Especially since they nerfed certain abilities cough smoke screen cough fuck you blizzard.

I pretty much expected an answer like this. I guess I'm just concerned about spending a lot of time on one character and ultimately getting bored or not really feeling any kind of depth in play-style. But, there really is no reason not to start a new character I suppose, besides having to start from the basics again. I might try Monk, that sounds pretty interesting

Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-27 22:06:49 Reply

At 5/27/12 03:08 PM, SineRider wrote: Most likely picking this up on Monday. What's a good starter class? I've never really been into the Diablo games much, but I really don't want to pick Barbarian and have a boring time.

Depends on what you want to do. If you can get a friend to level with it makes it a lot more interesting too.

If you're not looking to get very far in the end game (Inferno) I'll say from personal experience Monk is probably the best way to go. You can go any direction with it and you shouldn't have any trouble leveling. Has a lot of mobility and sustaining spells you can mix into your chose skill set. Only problem right now is Inferno is not balanced with melee classes in mind, be prepared to be kited for minutes per trash pack or flat out killed when you run out of cooldowns/spirit.

If you want to get far in the end game without much effort, wizard. They naturally have incredibly high DPS and range/mobility to keep them safe. Plenty of defensive spells too and a lot of cheesy setups which are rapidly being "fixed." They're still incredibly frail so if you get hit more than once or twice you'll still die.

Demon hunters do well in inferno too, but they can be destroyed by certain combinations. They had some cheesy builds too which were nerfed but with those changes they became marginally less safe for every player who was just using the abilities as intended.

Barbarians do fine up until inferno where they end up in the same boat as Monks, except they take about an extra minute to kill without actually doing any damage.

I haven't really seen or personally played a witch doctor at length. They're more viable than Monk/Barb at the moment anyway due to their spell ranges.

last.fm

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-28 13:35:19 Reply

All the classes are plenty of fun and they are all fine for beginners. Demon Hunters may be the most complex due to all the traps and the fact that they run on two different resources. But, in terms on controls the game is amazingly simple so none will give you trouble.

BBS Signature
Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-29 06:43:40 Reply

Blue/Yellow "lickers" pretty well screw me in act 3 inferno on my Demon Hunter.

Everything pretty much screws me on my well geared monk in act 3 inferno.

I rerolled to get past my wall only to be presented with another one.

TIME TO LEVEL THAT WITCH DOCTOR.

last.fm

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-29 11:16:58 Reply

At 5/29/12 06:43 AM, Matt wrote: Blue/Yellow "lickers" pretty well screw me in act 3 inferno on my Demon Hunter.

I couldn't speak too well for inferno since i'm still in nightmare but i do have a level 42 Witch and she is pretty beastly from a distance with all the zombie dogs and giant Nemesis looking zombie and all her poison spells that does a lot of damage along with some solid armor.

I think you would have a good chance with the Witch and the Wizard than you would with the Monk on inferno but it's just a guess i'll find out soon enough.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-29 13:32:37 Reply

At 5/29/12 06:43 AM, Matt wrote: Blue/Yellow "lickers" pretty well screw me in act 3 inferno on my Demon Hunter.

Dude no. Blizzard attempted to design the WD mana system to prop up semi-permanent skills instead of spamable damage skills âEU" yet there is no viable build past NM A1 which relies on semi-permanent skills. WD is garbage in later acts.

Your best best is the Wizard. Seriously. Just. Trust. Me. Fuck.

ok

BBS Signature
explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-29 14:55:03 Reply

So, I'm probably far behind all of you other folk, but I haven't gotten to play so much this week. Me (Wizard) and my friend (Barbarian) Just rolled through normal mode with no difficulty. We're now at the end of Act I on Nightmare, and while things are getting more challenging, it's really only if I get swarmed, and even then I can still handle the situation. I'm seriously hoping the game picks up its difficulty soon because I don't want to get bored.

Although, maybe it's not the game being easy, it's our character combo being OP. A single target DPS and Tanking Barb with 1 or 2 AoE moves, combined with a CC & AoE Wizard might just tear shit up. 'DAT BLIZZARD SKILL + RUNES.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.
PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. 2012-05-29 16:21:44 Reply

At 5/29/12 02:55 PM, explodingbunnies wrote:
Although, maybe it's not the game being easy, it's our character combo being OP. A single target DPS and Tanking Barb with 1 or 2 AoE moves, combined with a CC & AoE Wizard might just tear shit up. 'DAT BLIZZARD SKILL + RUNES.

The Wizard and Barb are a good character combo together, and the Wizard alone is pretty OP - but trust me, things WILL get challenging. I finished Hell mode about 2 days ago (which was a bitch), I'm now in Act 1 inferno, and it's pure insanity.

You will be dying from the mobs 1-shotting you, and if you're not... you will be dying from the mobs 1-shotting you.

ok

BBS Signature