Be a Supporter!

Official Diablo 3 topic.

  • 13,436 Views
  • 315 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chiroz
Chiroz
  • Member since: Jan. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 12:29 AM Reply

OMFG! I bought the game, it says I need a better grahpics card. I bought a GeForce GT 430 and it won't go in any of my slots on my computer!!! I WANA PLAY!!! I SPENT LIKE 200 SO I COULD PLAY AND CANT :(

MR-DOS
MR-DOS
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 3/30/12 10:24 AM, Ryan wrote: I still have an original Diablo Hellfire expansion disc.

You all cannot compete with my amount of coolness.

I can. I have ALL the novels.

As for the actual 3rd incarnation, NO. I'm not letting the things I own own me.

I'll just stick with Diablo I, thank you very much. D2 sucked, even though I still have it (and play it occasionally).


C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 03:17 AM Reply

At 5/16/12 12:29 AM, Chiroz wrote: OMFG! I bought the game, it says I need a better grahpics card. I bought a GeForce GT 430 and it won't go in any of my slots on my computer!!! I WANA PLAY!!! I SPENT LIKE 200 SO I COULD PLAY AND CANT :(

You needed a better card to run this game? Good heavens.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 07:23 AM Reply

At 5/16/12 12:29 AM, Chiroz wrote: OMFG! I bought the game, it says I need a better grahpics card.

I had the exact same problem. Here's how to fix it.

Open up the launcher, and click play. Press escape when you see the warning I'm sure you've already seen. It will try to play the game. If it still fails, do the following:
1. Go to libraries/documents/Diablo III, and open up D3Prefs.
2. Look for DisableTrilinearFiltering "0", and change it to "1".
3. Look for HardwareClass "0", and change it to "1".

Then, try launching the game again (making sure to press escape at the warning), and voila, it works. At least, it worked for me. Try it out.

My guess is that the Intel 4 chipset does not support trilinear filtering, so if you try disabling it, the rest of the game should be supported. Best of luck to you.


NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:55 AM Reply

hey, im new to diablo 3 and would like to team up with some people online. My battle.net account is timwatkinson(at)hotmail.co.uk
:)

Kman
Kman
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 12:43 PM Reply

Do you guys think my Radeon x1550 would be good enough to play this?


Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Lolzer
Lolzer
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 12:54 PM Reply

If any newgrounders want to team up with me to kill the demons and whatever, send me a message and i'll send you my battletag :D

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 02:55 PM Reply

I have now beaten the Skeleton King with every class. Picking a favorite is hard as shit.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 09:55 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 02:55 PM, Cootie wrote: I have now beaten the Skeleton King with every class. Picking a favorite is hard as shit.

My favourite's so far are Barbarian and Demon Hunter.
I played all of the classes in the beta and the only one I strongly disliked was the Witch Doctor, something about throwing jars turns me off from that class.

I'm almost done Act I right now with my Demon Hunter, it took a long time because of the maintenance all the time, but as long as this maintenance doesn't take too long, I should be in act III or further tonight. I don't plan on sleeping, but we'll see what happens with this down-time Blizzard is having.

I was right at the end of Act I, my buddy just got to Act III today when I was at his house, though I wasn't watching him play much because of spoilers. I just hope this maintenance doesn't take forever.


Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 16th, 2012 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 5/16/12 09:55 AM, funkycaveman wrote: hey, im new to diablo 3 and would like to team up with some people online. My battle.net account is timwatkinson(at)hotmail.co.uk
)

You mean you're new to a game that came out a day ago? Damn.

Kman
Kman
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 17th, 2012 @ 02:34 AM Reply

So i just read they have guest passes. Would someone be kind enough to give me one? If my computer can run it, i will buy the whole game. <3


Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 17th, 2012 @ 07:16 AM Reply

Zach#1619 if anyone wants to add me and play, level 27 DH atm, 1/4 of the way through act 3


ok

BBS Signature
Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 17th, 2012 @ 11:20 AM Reply

At 5/16/12 12:43 PM, kman355 wrote: Do you guys think my Radeon x1550 would be good enough to play this?

Go to Can I Run It.com and click on Diablo 3 in the dropdown box. It'll check your hardware and tell you if it can run it.

Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 17th, 2012 @ 11:21 AM Reply

At 5/17/12 11:20 AM, Idocreating wrote:
At 5/16/12 12:43 PM, kman355 wrote: Do you guys think my Radeon x1550 would be good enough to play this?
Go to Can I Run It.com and click on Diablo 3 in the dropdown box. It'll check your hardware and tell you if it can run it.

Hate to doublepost but I can give you a resounding "No" to your question.

Minimum Graphics Card Requirements: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro or better

Kman
Kman
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 17th, 2012 @ 04:35 PM Reply

At 5/17/12 11:21 AM, Idocreating wrote:
At 5/17/12 11:20 AM, Idocreating wrote:
At 5/16/12 12:43 PM, kman355 wrote: Do you guys think my Radeon x1550 would be good enough to play this?
Go to Can I Run It.com and click on Diablo 3 in the dropdown box. It'll check your hardware and tell you if it can run it.
Hate to doublepost but I can give you a resounding "No" to your question.

Minimum Graphics Card Requirements: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro or better

The thing is though is that i read somewhere that a x1550 is better, and oddly it might be. I can run MW3, Torchlight, and a bunch of newer games. I dont trust CanIRunIt.com because usually it is off, i can play games that it says.


Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 17th, 2012 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 5/17/12 11:48 AM, Tramps wrote: Anyone have any idea how to check your user statistics like kills with one blow and massacre ratings?

Right click or left click on your character while you're in the hero list. All the stats should show up there.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 17th, 2012 @ 05:39 PM Reply

I am ready for some sweet PvP action to come. I wonder if Monks will have an advantage due to the teleporting rune on the lightning punch. Seems like wizards and demon hunters would have a hard time dealing with something like that.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 18th, 2012 @ 12:20 PM Reply

Just beat the spider queen in inferno mode, level 35 DH currently, shit is crazy COME PLAY WITH ME BROS


ok

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 18th, 2012 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 5/18/12 12:20 PM, Strength wrote: Just beat the spider queen in inferno mode, level 35 DH currently, shit is crazy COME PLAY WITH ME BROS

I thought inferno was level 60 only.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 18th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 5/18/12 01:50 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 5/18/12 12:20 PM, Strength wrote: Just beat the spider queen in inferno mode, level 35 DH currently, shit is crazy COME PLAY WITH ME BROS
I thought inferno was level 60 only.

No way dude, there's like 4 different difficulties, I think? Inferno is intense though, level 40 DH now and my DPS/AoE is through the roof.


ok

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 18th, 2012 @ 06:51 PM Reply

Downloading now with a guest pass thanks to xports! Any tips?


Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 18th, 2012 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 5/18/12 06:51 PM, kman355 wrote: Downloading now with a guest pass thanks to xports! Any tips?

Monk's resource looks like a container of jizz.


ok

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 18th, 2012 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 5/18/12 05:37 PM, Strength wrote:
At 5/18/12 01:50 PM, Cootie wrote: I thought inferno was level 60 only.
No way dude, there's like 4 different difficulties, I think? Inferno is intense though, level 40 DH now and my DPS/AoE is through the roof.

By the way, I meant nightmare. Yeah... nightmare.

fuck me

ok

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 18th, 2012 @ 10:59 PM Reply

It's a good thing my graphics card won't even load the game for some stupid reason, good going Blizzard.

It is also a good thing that unlike others I actually checked on such things first before buying it rather than complaining after buying it.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 19th, 2012 @ 12:43 AM Reply

Well, i am by far the happiest person alive. My Radeon x1550 runs the game! And it hasnt stuttered (Not counting my internet) once! Now all i need to do is get $60. Man, this game is so fun.


Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 19th, 2012 @ 01:06 AM Reply

At 5/18/12 10:59 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: It's a good thing my graphics card won't even load the game for some stupid reason, good going Blizzard.

It is also a good thing that unlike others I actually checked on such things first before buying it rather than complaining after buying it.

Well, it's good that you didn't waste money. I'm pretty sure that if your computer could handle it, but the game wouldn't even load, that there's some sort of workaround that I read about somewhere, though.


Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 19th, 2012 @ 02:41 AM Reply

At 5/18/12 09:14 PM, Strength wrote:
By the way, I meant nightmare. Yeah... nightmare.

fuck me

I thought you were just being a liar haha. Yeah, each time you beat a difficulty you move on to the next one. You have to be max level to get into Inferno though.

Inferno > Hell > Nightmare > Normal


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 19th, 2012 @ 08:44 AM Reply

Just got 50 and started Hell. Taking my time though. Trying to not play as much as I can.

Elixur
Elixur
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 19th, 2012 @ 09:28 AM Reply

Had roughly 15 hours playtime thus far and all I'm going to say is Diablo II was/is the better game.

I'm fairly disappointed.


BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Official Diablo 3 topic. May. 19th, 2012 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 5/19/12 02:41 AM, Cootie wrote: I thought you were just being a liar haha. Yeah, each time you beat a difficulty you move on to the next one. You have to be max level to get into Inferno though.

Inferno > Hell > Nightmare > Normal

What's your battletag?


ok

BBS Signature